• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Best Drugs For Social Anxiety

untaMe said:
i usually self medicate with pot and beer
sometimes it feels so funny havin a beer in one hand
a blunt in the other
sippin/puffin away my inhibitions
Same here - well, a Guinness in one hand and a syringe in the other....:\

nvm just read the info, i wana get it ; (

how u get this prescribed?

Last edited:
monstanoodle said:
any drug suggested here is wrong

Some people have anxiety so severe that they do need drugs to ease it. CBT doesnt work for everybody. But I believe therapy like CBT should be included when someone is on meds for an anxiety disorder.

As for the OP's question, oxycontin worked best for my anxiety/shyness, by far more than any other drug. Unfortunetely oxycontin is highly addictive and tolerance is a bitch, so it isnt the answer.
Benzos help some people's anxiety, never did much for mine, including my social anxiety.

ye i know there is no cure i just wanna know what works the best in short term (2-6 hrs)

so i guess i gotta try XANAX, SPEED, OXY and DXM and see which works the best.

right?

oh yea, no doubt that peeps with major anxiety like miself benefit from meds as such, but there's no chemical cure, and half the time you come out with more problems than you began with.

Why is it, that drugs are always seen as able to help you in social situations?

Speed won't help, it'll make you geeked out in larger doses and unable to talk. Coke is moreso, but with coke, you'll not feel like talking within 45minutes.

People can tell non sober people. I don't give a flying fuck what any of you think or say, because you're all on drugs too.

It's easier to say someone's normal when they're satiated if you're feeling the same, because they're acting how you would act whilst "normal".

In sober people's eyes, you're either seen as "crazy" or "not right" or simply put, ON DRUGS.

When I take my magical socializing potion, people think I am drunk or on coke, even though they do not make up any of the ingredients.

^^^^Eye of newt and toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog ?? ;) :)

beer and blunt ftw. Like i said the best thing to do is a alcohol (not too much but more than a couple of drinks) along with buddah, and a stimulant if u have one (not meth).

A lot of bad suggestions for a long-term resolution have been listed here.

Speed, coke, opiates, weed and alcohol are often great masks but the truly anxious will find them great for a few hours and then feel worse than baseline once the drug wears off.

Benzodiazepines are undoubtably effective in reducing anxiety but addiction, tolerance and the fact that they provide few long term answers mean they shound be seen as a cure.

I'm going to suggest clonidine. It's readily prescribed by docs, it is less addictive than the alternatives and it will certainly be effective if your problems relate to adrenaline (physical symptoms that lead to psychological ones).

Good luck.

klowns said:
dude. dont take lots of opiates. small doses of oxy in particular is a VERY nice up antidepressent...........but too much of any opie and you wont be social....youll be nodding balls. xanax and alcohol youll be blacking out with no tolerance, or with tolerance youll just feel drunk, and i guess that works pretty good for alot people (being drunk)
coke? well............try speed. it last longer than 45 minutes and youll be running yo mouth like a mofo all night long!!!!!! haha. its not always a bad thing..........ghb? yeah.....like benzos or alcy..........keep dose small or you WILL black out
oddly enough,
the drug that most helped out my social life....is DXM...turns me into a mean social machine i mean i coudl talk the cain off a blind mane dude no shit you jsut all the sudden realize that you really can do anything, and you have NO INHIBITIONS or pains or painful emotions. its awesome becasue its very pyshcedelic, yet also numbing enough that you cant really have a scary bad trip or any shit like that, but it will be VERY powerful if you take enough. my preffered dose for the bar is like 450 mg and some weed and a couple klonopins. i go to the bars and clubs and people thinks im a pimp or some shit im from the mountains and im usualy really REALY mother fucking shy in my adulthood, but i must say, this shit does CHANGE me, literaly. i mean, my face even LOOKS different on it i swear to fucking god. my mouth and my eyes like change shapes or something and i dont like me and anyone who really knows me will be like jesus chirst mane you look way toooooooooo fucking lost stumblin round on tussin jesus you look screwed what the fuck man. hahahaha.
whatever peace
i would not reccomend dxm for social anxiety but that was seriously funny

personally i use a benzo-opiate combo self-medicinally (or occasionally recreationally)

just dont keep upping the dose, take breaks or lower your dose for a while if you find tolerance has crept up. stay at baseline

^trying clonidine first might be a good idea as well, since its less addictive

I have GAD and social anxiety disorder and am prescribed xanax xr. It helps a lot with my anxiety but like others have talked about I am sure when I am off of them, the anxiety will come back--much, much worse than before. That's what sucks about benzos or any drug for that matter, they just mask the underlying problem. I fear the day I become pregnant down the road and have to get off of my xanax because I know my anxiety will be through the roof.