• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Benzo withdrawal survivors.. does it get better?

Rampage St

Bluelighter
Well I was off them for a while but I just got out of detox was put on like a 7 day Ativan taper - 8 mg down to 2 mg now nothing and it feels like I’m in outer space I’m so foggy.

Does this feeling ever go away? Fuck benzos

It DEFINITELY goes away. It takes forever depending on amounts and frequency but I can't picture anybody being much worse than I was. A few years have passed and I'm doing better than ever. New job, finished a degree not bragging just saying IQ and personality DEFINITELY return.

It DEFINITELY goes away. It takes forever depending on amounts and frequency but I can't picture anybody being much worse than I was. A few years have passed and I'm doing better than ever. New job, finished a degree not bragging just saying IQ and personality DEFINITELY return.
May i ask how long you took benzo's and amount and what benzo ?

Well I was off them for a while but I just got out of detox was put on like a 7 day Ativan taper - 8 mg down to 2 mg now nothing and it feels like I’m in outer space I’m so foggy.

7 day from 8 mg to 2 mg seems quite hardcore if you where taking it for years . I hope you doing oke and yes just remember this everything in your brain will upregulate , your gaba receptor needs time to heal and unfortunately the gaba a subreceptor upregulate slower then lets say gaba b receptor drugs like ghb/baclofen/phenibut. But you will heal because your brain is good at getting homeostasis . take as much as care for yourself and pad yourself on shoulder if you have a bad day . Sounds corny but what the hell .

You can also try supplements like nac/beta Aline to combat glutemate kind of surges which causes anxiety and reslesness .

May i ask how long you took benzo's and amount and what benzo ?
I mostly did xanax and then etizolam. At least 12mg at a time 3x a day then at least 70mg of etiz 3x a day. Diclazepam (rc) kept me out of rehab or maybe just insane tolerance ended up helping me taper, idk. Probably around 4 to 5 years overall.

Well, before yesterday I was off xanax for a whole month. And it did seem like it was getting better but I still didn't feel fully able to do things. Right now I need to find somebody to fill a room in my house and the social anxiety was preventing me from doing that. Sigh. idk what I'm going to do. If I had 6 months to just do nothing I'm sure I could do it, but thats not how life works unfortunately.

I mostly did xanax and then etizolam. At least 12mg at a time 3x a day then at least 70mg of etiz 3x a day. Diclazepam (rc) kept me out of rehab or maybe just insane tolerance ended up helping me taper, idk. Probably around 4 to 5 years overall.
Thats quite a long time , very good you quit . I know about diclazepam being used like diazepam . I think its good there is a long half life rc because any kid here where i am from can just order insane amounts of rc benzo . Its legal here at vendors and age doesnt get checked at all .

it’s going to go away.. just keep tapering and sticking to schedule. in my experience from coming off a 10mg alpraz a day habit, after acute withdrawals were over, i wasn’t ‘normal’ again until a few months afterwards. good diet, exercise,therapy etc will help speed the process up a bit.

good luck OP, proud of you

it’s going to go away.. just keep tapering and sticking to schedule. in my experience from coming off a 10mg alpraz a day habit, after acute withdrawals were over, i wasn’t ‘normal’ again until a few months afterwards. good diet, exercise,therapy etc will help speed the process up a bit.

good luck OP, proud of you
How fast did you taper and how long where you on it? Did the dose escalate fast into 10mg alpra?

How fast did you taper and how long where you on it? Did the dose escalate fast into 10mg alpra?
I didn’t taper, i could never not take them due to my personality / addiction. when i got prescribed the 3 2mg pills a day, id abuse my prescription as soon as i got it. i never took it responsibly not once lmao

I was taking somewhere around 50mg of clonozolam a day for almost a year, I got arrested and went cold turkey. The first week is utter hell, but I bounced back to normal within a year or so.

It WILL get better.

I stopped long term using of alprazolam ER as in last year I had some help as from rotating lotazepam, nitrazepam, flurazepam, diazepam at the end and
I feel better as benzos never was my thing, yes in rough times they prevented my anxiety from over using gabapentinoids which were result of some rough situations that happened all at once a few years ago!

But benzos just eased the hyperactivity they cognitively impaired me at the time, memory, tired, anhedonia!

But I understand that benzos for someone are silver bullet as to me are pregabalin, phenibut and GHB stopped as to NO NO more but
pregabalni may be a bit forgivinh on my end but still is becoming a thing that cripple my time and beraurocracy to call for RX, going, thinking
which is a good thing as that is how buprenorphine as benzos were a lot easier to quit when you just llike have no relief from it so, meditation and yoga which is something I thought I would never do helps as I can very easily go into hypnagogic states as now even astral projection which relaxes my body and muscles more than any benzo!
So give it a go!, or buy a motorcycle,

O I liked a bit lorazepam it was trippy it was something else as temazepam(only tried it couple times), I actually took 10 Cerson nitrazepam 5mg pills which are huge and I felt almost nothing! 20mg diazepam helped me from times to times

I stopped long term using of alprazolam ER as in last year I had some help as from rotating lotazepam, nitrazepam, flurazepam, diazepam at the end and
I feel better as benzos never was my thing, yes in rough times they prevented my anxiety from over using gabapentinoids which were result of some rough situations that happened all at once a few years ago!

But benzos just eased the hyperactivity they cognitively impaired me at the time, memory, tired, anhedonia!

But I understand that benzos for someone are silver bullet as to me are pregabalin, phenibut and GHB stopped as to NO NO more but
pregabalni may be a bit forgivinh on my end but still is becoming a thing that cripple my time and beraurocracy to call for RX, going, thinking
which is a good thing as that is how buprenorphine as benzos were a lot easier to quit when you just llike have no relief from it so, meditation and yoga which is something I thought I would never do helps as I can very easily go into hypnagogic states as now even astral projection which relaxes my body and muscles more than any benzo!
So give it a go!, or buy a motorcycle,

O I liked a bit lorazepam it was trippy it was something else as temazepam(only tried it couple times), I actually took 10 Cerson nitrazepam 5mg pills which are huge and I felt almost nothing! 20mg diazepam helped me from times to times

That’s so weird you said that I just bought a motorcycle?! Do you know me hah wow.

I am fighting I’m on suboxone and gabapentin which helps but gabapentin also doesn’t allow my gaba receptors to heal which unfortunately I feel contributes to the mental fog I experience

tinnitus, emotional problems, extremely sensitive nervous system, poor short term memory and generally feeling lousy all the time.
I see i am sorry to hear that . I have lasting symptoms from paxil ssri withdrawal years ago .
I hope you will still fully heal , for me it doesn't but thats because i am screwed anyway . May peace be up on you 👊

Thank you but I am screwed anyway as well. I have other health problems now in addition to the residual benzo wd and my life just turned out bad mostly because I simply didn't know how to deal with my issues when I was young. I try to take a broader, spiritual perspective on things rather than focusing on trying to fix this life now because after a certain point things just aren't fixable.