• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides At-home conversion of LSD to 1-acetaldehyde LSD in 1 step (similar to but beyond even ALD-52) like upgraded version of LSD

I’ve always had difficulty differentiating LSD from ALD-52 from AL-LAD, particularly at saturation levels. I find AL-LAD at 750ug is the same experience as three or more hits of good street acid pretty much, only shorter in duration. In regards to ALD-52, I had a friend who swore he could tell the difference from LSD; so I blind trialed him. Guess what? He thought ALD-52 was LSD and vice versa.

Until there’s real trials completed on these LSD analogues to prove they’re more than pro-drugs, I’m of the mind that they’re simply that, pro-drugs.

Now I will acquiesce that metabolism may play a part. I have an extremely fast metabolism; my wife can eat Psilacetin at the same time as me on a full stomach after a fatty breakfast and I’ll be halfway done with my trip by the time she gets first alerts. Obviously this will subjectively alter the experience. And perhaps, my metabolism causes me to turn ALD-52 into LSD so quickly that it becomes one and the same for someone like me, but not for other people. I will say my friend who couldn’t tell the difference in my blind trial was of a heavier metabolism.

So yeah. I don’t think the two hold much of a difference, if any. Tripping is unpredictable and any number of things could cause subjective differences.

Surprised you can't tell AL-LAD apart from LSD, that's crazy to me. Though I have never taken that much. To me the visuals are dramatically different, not much like LSD at all. And the trip is more wacky-confusing-hilarious. The visuals are a dead giveaway to me, though.

Surprised you can't tell AL-LAD apart from LSD, that's crazy to me. Though I have never taken that much. To me the visuals are dramatically different, not much like LSD at all. And the trip is more wacky-confusing-hilarious. The visuals are a dead giveaway to me, though.
To be quite frank, I can't differentiate visual aesthetics between individual drugs within each class, i.e. all tryptamines (4-subs) have the same look, all 2C-x have the same look so far, and same with lysergimides. I will say that I have never dosed below 450ug with AL-LAD though, which may be why it just becomes another acid trip; I get no effects below 450ug (or at least, very diminished) and so always just shot for saturation, as I only got 25x150ug hits and wanted to make them count, always eating 3-5 at a time. Now I'm out and can't really give any further feedback, it's all just fading memory... at 750ug though it truly does become the quintessential acid trip feel ime. Crazy thought loops, insane laughter (which I just associate with acid in general), etc. Perhaps I'm just less tuned into the subtle variations.

But yeah, I recall people musing about how much less anxiety ridden, more funny visually, and easy going AL-LAD was, but for me with how much I needed to get going, it didn't seem light or easy at all lol. Not sure how else to put it.

At my age it wouldn't really matter anyway.

Would LSD as RC measured. I wonder how i would react. Back then it felt like heavy shit. 1/4 to 1/3 blotter.

So how can I handle these RC's so easely? And one seems better then the other, 1p & 1cp-LSD the lesser apreciated ones? Maturity plays a big part in how you experience psychedelics. That is one thing that I personally experienced.

This is the ONLY way I will be taking LSD from now on, deeply impressed, it has more of a cactus/mescaline feel to it, sky high appreciation for beauty, profound visuals, mentally super relaxed. I feel 300ug is only the beginning, going to take this to 400ug next time.

More than anything else in this thread, this comment really got my attention. I absolutely adore mescaline and Tricho cacti, so this couldn't sound more appealing. I will definitely be giving this a try at some point!

Same here Anonymous Dissident, cactus is my absolute favorite, that's why I was surprised the 1-acetaldeyde LSD took me to a state similar to that familiar place, I absolutely ADORE the over the top beauty enhancement & euphoria with cactus, and this new alkaloid took me to that same artistic way of seeing the beauty in the world.

But just like cactus, the 1-acetaldehyde LSD requires higher dosages, I would compare 300ugs of this to a similar state as 300mg mescaline, I believe based on my experience, that 400ugs of this will be the "sweet spot" similar to a state of 400mgs of mescaline. And just like cactus, this is more expensive to experiment with, this requires 4 hits of acid. I don't mind the extra expense, and acid is readily available if you know where to look.

I also believe this would amplify small amounts of cactus quite well, say 300g to 400g of certain cacti fresh, of which I am also well familiar with, as I grow my own in backyard under shadecloth. In the past I've combined acid with small amounts of cactus more times that I can count, to amplify the beauty of the rare cactus. The open & closed eye visions were unbelievable and went on for hours, and the beauty astounding. I believe based on my experience that 1-acetaldehyde LSD will amplify the beauty of small amounts of the rare cactus to an extreme, looking forward to this in the future in dreams.

I think this has to do with the possibility that 1-acetaldehyde LSD shifts the receptorome or radioligand binding of receptors "away from 5-ht2a" (but not totally) and towards the adrenal A2A, A2B, and A2C spectrum instead (see chart on page 1 of this thread for explanation), which is the dominance or habitat of mescaline & dmt from hawaiian psychotria when combined with Caapi (again, see receptorome chart).

I also agree with poster in note (17) on page 1 above that 100ug to 200ug of this newly created alkaloid from LSD will not be very eventful, just like 100mg to 200mg of mescaline is not that eventful, but 300ug is where this shines, just as 300mg of mescaline is a great dosage. I will report back in 2 weeks after dreaming 400ug of this new alkaloid.

This new alkaloid does not feel "man-made" like the semi-synthetic LSD at all, but rather very natural, primitive & infinitely beauty enhancing & euphoric just like cactus. Last night I watched a movie on TV in 4k with lots of beautiful women & scenery, and was astounded at the divine & infinite beauty amidst all the beautiful visuals with open or closed eyes, it cannot be put into words. I also listened to music for an hour and was in heaven.

I did notice the come up, but it was so smooth and relaxing, just like cactus. Again, this experimentation is for people who have acid to spare. If you don't have much acid to spare, recommend you stick with acid.

Last edited:
ALD-52 and 1-acetaldehyde LSD are REAL drugs, see here, not some kind of "pro-drug": Perform the experiment I did using 300 to 400ug of acid, it will rock your world in a completely different way than LSD.

Yes, you guys are right about 1p-LSD, it will not fit the "very specific receptor dock" as ALD-52 or 1-aceteldehyde LSD does, even LSD scientist Dr. Nichols said it is too long.

1-acetaldehyde LSD is more stimulating, more like mescaline when it comes to the sky high perception of infinite beauty & euphoria, profound visuals, and relaxing mentally, no thoughts that wander uncontrollably like with LSD.

I was immersed in fine multi colored rainbow reflections that surrounded everything I looked at just like Pandemoon in report saw. It was indeed "like painting the air with rainbows". The beauty was breathtaking. This was different from the "colored specs in the air" I see that flow in front of everything like with acid.

I believe if you combine just 300ug of this with 300 to 400g of fresh cacti (no core) it will make it feel like 600 to 700g of fresh cactus, that's how close I believe the A2A, A2B & A2C receptor binding is between 1-aceteldehyde LSD and mescaline. LSD only binds to A2A in comparison, see chart on page 1 of this thread.

The table from Sandoz (lab where Albert Hofmann discovered LSD) suggested that ALD-52 might actually have advantages over LSD, reducing any side effects but achieving a stronger trip. Measurements of brain waves while people were taking the two drugs showed that while LSD produced brain waves associated with intense concentration and anxiety, ALD produced brain waves showing a more relaxed mental state. Sample ALD-52 trip reports given in (note 16) and (note 17).

In The Hallucinogens by Hoffer and Osmond (1967), ALD-52 is listed as having a lower [approximately 1/5] intravenous toxicity (in rabbits), a lower [approximately 1/8] pyretogenic effect, an equal psychological effect in humans, and double the "antiserotonin" effect as compared with LSD.

Also verified by reading a page on ALD-52 from the book "Ergot alkaloids & related compounds" by Berde that indeed ALD-52 has 2.1 times the "anti-serotonin" properties of LSD, and higher stimulation follows higher anti-serotonin, which may help to explain why our newly formed mystery molecule 1-acetaldehyde LSD is even more stimulating than LSD in the beginning.

The Aztecs and Mayans were known to add the extract from morning glory seeds (same exact alkaloid profile as the Greek claviceps paspali which grows on the grass paspalum distichum adjacent to Eleusis in the famous Rharian plain, both contain sky high amounts of LSH & penniclavine when fresh) to a drink containing alcohol (note 2).

We know that sherry wine contains average 10mg acetaldehyde per 30ml or shot glass. The Aztecs and Mayans apparently knew about the acetaldehyde adducting properties of wine and alcohol, which as shown in the 1992 adducts study (note 6) will cause acetaldehyde to adduct onto the bottom NH group on the indole of LSH and penniclavine forming something more akin to looking like ALD-52, (at least bottom indole wise).

Note (2) Page 515 "Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" Christian Ratsch: "The fresh or dried morning glory seeds normally are added to alcoholic drinks (sugarcane liquor; c. alcohol), tepache (maize beer, chicha), and balche' (Schultes 1941, 37).

Note (6) 1992 adducts study: hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC49935/ Page 8441 "Reaction of Indole with Acetaldehyde: A 0.2% solution of indole in equal amounts of water, ethanol, and acetaldehyde formed a product with 60% yield after 1 hour of reaction at ambient temperature. Omitting the ethanol (50% acetaldehyde in water mixture) had no effect. Decreasing the concentration of acetaldehyde to 0.1% increased the reaction rate and percent yield of product." See pic of the researchers's indole + acetaldehyde adduct product formed at bottom of this post ---> ie before (page 8439) and after (page 8441).

The researchers achieved a new product with or without the use of ethanol, it made no difference, you only need ph=4 acidified water and around a 0.1% acetaldehyde solution." Sherry wine not only contains avg 10mg acetaldehyde per shot glass, but is already at ph=4.

I will return in 2 weeks with a 400ug 1-acetaldehyde LSD trip experience. It is WAY different from LSD, see reports above.

Last edited:
emkee_reinvented said:
ALD-52 and Al-LAD both were subjectively better then 1p/1cp-LSD as well as LSD. But my memory about that last one are hazy.
Thanks for your report. Enough posting from me, see you in 2 weeks.

This conversion even works on seed extracts:

69ron (on mint/peppermint added to seed extract):
Fact: This conversion, when it works, produces an effect that is very different from LSA. Far more like LSD, and stimulating instead of sedating. When it works, the difference is HUGE, not a tiny difference, the experience is TOTALLY DIFFERENT. I know the effects of LSA and LSD very well. He has used them many times. He guarantees that when the reaction works, there is NO NOTICEABLE LSA left at all in the experience. It becomes almost identical to an LSD experience at low doses. Totally different from LSA."

Kash: (on mint/peppermint added to seed extract):
Just took a 40 seed portion of LSA extract that was mixed for 15 minutes with peppermint oil yesterday and tripped his face off with a friend. Was very clean feeling and relaxed. Rainbows and vibrant fractal energy danced all over the skies and throughout his surroundings and music sounded great. The head-space was very acid like but different. Was a bit intense but he was able to keep it together lol. Whole trip was about 8 hrs long.

I have tried a 20 seed extract without peppermint oil and it seemed uncomfortable and sedating with no visuals, while every time he has added peppermint oil he has gotten visuals."

Myself (500ml cold spring water acidified to Ph=4 with DL tartaric acid extract on 400 black hard fresh seeds morning glory right off vine, grown in 3/4 miracle grow + 1/4 cow manure compost) procedure given in (note 12) added 1 shot sherry and 5 drops peppermint extract to cold water seed extract as well:
Saw geometric patterns on the surface of everything, with closed eyes, colored vectors spun 360 degrees while traveling from left to right across visual plane. Sounds were not only amplified & music heavenly but audio hallucinations were produced, heavy euphoria component & very strong appreciation for beauty. Remember watching Scarlett Johansson interview on a small television and melting into the seat from her beauty amidst all the breath taking geometrics. Tripped hard as hell in dreams.

The priest at Eleusis added fresh mint (note 22) to their secret entheogenic brew believed to be composed of in theory ground up claviceps paspali infected paspalum distichum grass which grows adjacent to Eleusis in the famous Rharian plain.

Fresh claviceps paspali ergot contains the exact same alkaloid profile as the Aztec morning glory when fresh: sky high levels of LSH (lyseric acid hydroxyethylamide) and penniclavine. Animals became stimulated like with LSD when injected with penniclavine in 1958 [note 8]. Same with LSH, animals became stimulated like with LSD when injected with LSH in 1961 (note 9). As everyone knows, 2 drugs combined is more potent than just one.

Note [8] Ref (1) T. Yui and Y. Takeo, Japan J. Pharmacol. 7, 157 [1958].

Note (9) A. Glasser, Nature 189, 313 (1961)

Note (22) The sources were clear that the kykeon's other ingredient, mint (menthe pulegium) was fresh mint the Preist added to the brew. Mint appears to have played a symbolic role in Eleusinian myth; being Hades' concubine, Mint was "dismembered by the jealous wife Persephone." See Wasson, "The Road to Eleusis", 111.

Pandemoon said:
I dosed ALD52 like 100+ times throughout the last 4 or 5 years, in doses between 25ug and 350ug.

While ALD52 is very similar to LSD25, I think I can still see a slight difference. To me the visuals are different, especially the tracers. I can clearly see a difference there.

With 200ug+ of ALD52, when I move my hand it shows some very colorfull spirals and fractals in the tracer /smearing.

While with LSD25 it is just a mirroring effect that shows several of my hands. Not nearly as colorfull, just a non colored shadow (or several) of the real hand.

With ALD52 it's much more colorfull and intense, like painting the air with rainbow colors.

100ug or even 150ug don't really show a difference at all to LSD25, but with 300ug and above (my highest dose was 350ug) the differences are even more intense.

With 350ug I can hardly see reality anymore due to all those colorfull reflections of anything I look at.

I think the higher the dose the clearer the differences.

Also, the conversion above doesn't produce ALD52, it produces ALD52 wih an additional hydrogen molecule (if I understood correctly). That's again some different molecule that might show unique effects.
Yes, as I mentioned above 1-acetaldehyde LSD has an extra hydrogen on the NH group adduct at bottom indole of the ergoline as compared to ALD-52.

myself:
2 hours into it, I can say the experiment was a complete success. It is WAY different from LSD. Did not even notice the come up, way more relaxing mentally as well, I prefer this to LSD, it feels like the 1st time I've tripped. Visuals are profoundly powerful. It feels extremely natural, I see why the Priest now added mint to their sacred entheogenic brew at Eleusis for 2,000 years straight, it has a very low "freak out factor", so I can see why hundreds of people could take this at once. 300ug is definitely a great dose, no less than this.

This is the ONLY way I will be taking LSD from now on, deeply impressed, it has more of a cactus/mescaline feel to it, sky high appreciation for beauty, profound visuals, mentally super relaxed. I feel 300ug is only the beginning, going to take this to 400ug next time.

1-acetaldehyde LSD is more stimulating, more like mescaline when it comes to the sky high perception of infinite beauty & euphoria, profound visuals, and relaxing mentally, no thoughts that wander uncontrollably like with LSD.

I was immersed in fine multi colored rainbow reflections that surrounded everything I looked at just like Pandemoon in report saw. It was indeed "like painting the air with rainbows". The beauty was breathtaking. This was different from the "colored specs in the air" I see that flow in front of everything like with acid.

I believe if you combine just 300ug of this with 300 to 400g of fresh cacti (no core) it will make it feel like 500 to 600g of fresh cactus, that's how close I believe the A2A, A2B & A2C receptor binding is between 1-aceteldehyde LSD and mescaline. LSD only binds to A2A in comparison, see chart on page 1 of this thread.

The table from Sandoz suggested that ALD-52 might actually have advantages over LSD, reducing any side effects but achieving a stronger trip. Measurements of brain waves while people were taking the two drugs showed that while LSD produced brain waves associated with intense concentration and anxiety, ALD produced brain waves showing a more relaxed mental state. Sample ALD-52 trip reports given in (note 16) and (note 17) on post #1.

Last edited:
lower [approximately 1/8] pyretogenic effect, an equal psychological effect in humans, and double the "antiserotonin" effect as compared with LSD.
That lower pyretogenic bit is likely part of the smoother bodyload with ald-52.
So reducing temperature fluctuations and general heat is a great thing in my book - one of my worst trips ever (just for body, mind you) was when i went for 7 hours oscillating between sweating and freezing every 10 minutes; seemed like a week. But that was on an eth-lad and 1p combo trip which i’ve never repeated.

Anything that can help smooth things out for average or low doses, is a major win for me and the others who succumb to bodyload issues from time to time.

Myself (500ml cold spring water acidified to Ph=4 with DL tartaric acid extract on 400 black hard fresh seeds morning glory right off vine, grown in 3/4 miracle grow + 1/4 cow manure compost) procedure given in (note 12) added 1 shot sherry and 5 drops peppermint extract to cold water seed extract as well:

Thanks next year I am planting some beautiful Morning Glory's to try out this method tregar.

Emkee

I believe that 1-acetaldehyde LSD is shifting the receptorome or radioligand binding of receptors "away from 5-ht2a" and towards the adrenal A2A, A2B, and A2C spectrum instead (see chart on page 1 of this thread), which is the "high radioligand binding" dominance or habitat of mescaline & DMT.

It has a distinct feel and visual quality to it that is similar to the natural entheogens cactus & psychotria with Caapi. The enhancement of beauty is "over the top" similar to mescaline, thus I feel it would combine quite well with small amounts of fresh cactus tea.
---------------------------------------
In conclusion, till I return 2 weeks from now with a 400ug 1-acetaldehyde LSD report:

Just a few Reddit comments below, it is obvious ALD-52 is not a pro-drug to LSD.

I also agree with everything Xorkoth wrote above, I grew up reading his amazing posts for years on end.

Albert Hofmann was the one who synthesized this drug for Sandoz labs.

Also, 1-acetaldehyde LSD that was created in this thread in one-step, has an extra hydrogen on the NH group adduct at bottom indole of the ergoline as compared to ALD-52, so it will also have unique effects from that of ALD-52, of which I have posted my experience.
----------------------------------------
ALD-52 is probably most similar to LSD relative to the other analogues (of which I have only tried ALD-52). The headspace is markedly psychedelic, it lasts 12 hours and the visuals are prominent enough. They seemed to take on a more flowing characteristic than LSD, to where I'd see objects form within the patterns.

I find it has a more mellow vibe than LSD, I'm more content to sit back and relax whereas 1p is supposedly closer to the electricity of LSD.

For what it's worth, I found the come down of ALD-52 to be better than LSD... it just felt more refreshing, like a warm hug and it tapers off gently whereas LSD is more of a sudden drop off into sobriety, but the actual peak of LSD feels more... alive to me. like my consciousness is oscillating at a super high vibration.
-----------------------
It's not quite as euphoric as 25 or 1p, but I find it's also less prone to creating anxiety. Becuase of this, I feel like I can take much higher doses and go much deeper. I took 5 tabs and experienced absolutely no anxiety at all. I don't think I would have been able to to do the same with 25 or 1p.
-------------------------
Hmmm. I seem to get much more euphoria from ALD over 1p. But yes, the anxiety levels are consistently low with this chemical. ALD is an absolute gem.
Agree. I feel like it's a subtle power, not as forceful as 1p. But there's genuine depth to it.
I'll be the first to admit it may be placebo, but I also favor ALD-52 for this reason.
I dosed ALD52 like 100+ times throughout the last 4 or 5 years, in doses between 25ug and 350ug.

While ALD52 is very similar to LSD25, I think I can still see a slight difference. To me the visuals are different, especially the tracers. I can clearly see a difference there.

With 200ug+ of ALD52, when I move my hand it shows some very colorfull spirals and fractals in the tracer /smearing.

While with LSD25 it is just a mirroring effect that shows several of my hands. Not nearly as colorfull, just a non colored shadow (or several) of the real hand.

With ALD52 it's much more colorfull and intense, like painting the air with rainbow colors.

100ug or even 150ug don't really show a difference at all to LSD25, but with 300ug and above (my highest dose was 350ug) the differences are even more intense.

With 350ug I can hardly see reality anymore due to all those colorfull reflections of anything I look at.

I think the higher the dose the clearer the differences.
------------------------------------------
hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/4ynu/highly_underestimated_ald52/

"Yes, I realize it's not technically LSD but really, it might as well be. I took 300ug thinking it would be mild if anything. Granted it wasn't as intense mentally as LSD can sometimes be, but conceptually and aesthetically it is beautiful beyond anything I ever anticipated. I feel perfect. At one. Better than I've felt in so long. I thought I could never trip again on anything but this is honestly paradigm changing for me. ALD-52 should be considered just as powerful as LSD-25 although it's a lot more relaxed and somewhat forgiving. As it is probably apparent I'm still very deep into this experience and I hope this to be an open discussion to anyone who would like to be involved.

My god, I just went through multiple ego death experiences beyond anything I've ever experienced from LSD before. There are no words. I mean there are plenty of "words" but none of them mean a single thing compared to any of THAT. Dear GOD. I never expected anything like this, but I sure as hell needed it. Even if I'm the only one here to express it to, as that's realistically the truth of nature anyhow. However, anyone who felt compelled to actually read through all this insanity, I just want you to know you're beautiful and you are everything. All things are right and they always will be.

Anyway, as far as the ALD-52, I took 300ug as I said. It was amazing and stronger than I expected, however I don't think 100ug would be very eventful to be perfectly honest. If you're concerned about it being too strong 200 might be worth it but 300 was really a great amount if you ask me. Even if you haven't taken any lysergamides before ALD-52 is rather calm compared to LSD or even mushrooms for the most part. Visually though, at least for me, it was absolutely breathtaking. Colors and textures were shifting like crazy.

Everything was alive and magical. Patterns were forming everywhere. I could lose myself so easily as the visuals seemed to drag my focus in without any effort. As a result, ego death was basically automatic and I reached that point multiple times. The first time I ever experienced ego death on LSD it left me with this beautiful feeling, like a deep inner glow that lasted for months afterwards. It eventually faded and I hadn't felt anything quite like it in years, but ALD-52 brought it back, and I feel like I've awakened from a spiritual coma.

Another thing is LSD sometimes causes my mind to wander uncontrollably unless I take my own initiative to focus, especially during the come up which can also sometimes fill me with restless confusion. Once I peak everything usually evens out, but ALD-52 put me in a state of perfect clarity from beginning to end. The come up was so smooth and comfortable.

I didn't notice the come down because I actually went to sleep when I felt like it was time to do so, which was an interesting surprise. Every time I've taken LSD I've had to let it run its entire course before even attempting to sleep. Often I would have to stay up for the entire day after which is obviously physically and mentally exhausting. But once I felt like the ALD-52 had made its point I went to sleep just like any other day, and woke up the next morning fully rested and mentally clear.

Overall, it felt very natural and I never had a single moment of uncomfortability or confusion. Just pure psychedelic bliss. I mean, I've had some amazing and extremely important experiences on LSD but honestly after the other night, think I prefer ALD-52. It felt like tripping for the first time again."

Last edited:
The proof is in the pudding, when someone else dreams this, and reports back. :)

The Mayans and Aztecs added the extract from morning glory seed to beer/wine, they did not do this with any other entheogen. Sherry wine contains 10mg acetaldehyde per shot glass. The priest at Eleusis added fresh mint to their secret entheogenic brew for over 2,000 years straight, mint contains 2mg water soluble acetaldehyde per 5 drops concentrated extract.

All these ancient people were not stupid, they were quite clever, there was a reason they did what they did. Fresh morning glory contains LSH and penniclavine in sky high amounts, as does the claviceps paspali which infects the paspalum distichum grass which grows next to Eleusis in the famous Rharian plain, Both contain the exact same alkaloids. If you do this same experiment I did with LSH, it also transforms the molecule.

Here's an example: If you soak coca leaf tea bags in wine, and the wine drunk, the cocaine is converted into coca-ethylene in the liver...cocaethyelene is orally potent, it has a "higher like" rating than even cocaine when human tests were done in 1994. This was the basis behind the famous commerical "Vin Mariani wine" back in the 1860's popular with both Popes, Thomas Edison, and scores of other famous people. I don't see any cleavage taking place with this molecule but rather addition/transformation. This "in-vivo" liver transformation of the molecule was not even discovered till 1994.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
For anyone that does dream this, you may be shocked at how stimulating it is the whole trip, as ALD-52 or 1-acetaldehyde LSD created via this thread has "twice the anti-serotonin power of LSD", and the more anti-serotonin or serotonin blocking (see color receptorome chart on post #1) the more powerful the stimulation, was up till 4:30am in the morning, and had dreamed it at 4pm in afternoon. The girl I was with had to tell me to "stop talking" at one point, as I kept pointing out "how beautiful the scenery was", the stimulation is high, but still mentally relaxing none the less, although a great psychedelic head space, it will take you deep mentally without the anxiety or tenseness of LSD just as Shulgin writes in TIHKAL under ALD-52 section.

It is way more colorful than acid and if you wave your hand in front of you, instead of just seeing multiples of your hand like you would with acid, you will see not only multiple tracers, but inbetween the tracers will be fractals and swirls of color, super fine colored rainbow reflections surrounded almost everything I watched, immensely beautiful. Patterns and textures do indeed shift like crazy with open eyes. It is vastly different from LSD. With closed eyes I saw the most beautiful geometrics, before falling to sleep, saw architecture and gardens like those in Versailles, France with a fast moving groundskeeper zipping about tending to the plants, unbelievable.

Last edited:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am dealing with immense criticism at dmt nexus, see thread here, this is what I told them:

A couple people even said what Xorkoth wrote was wrong, I told them I agree completely with everything Xorkoth wrote above. I have been reading the countless amazing post by Xorkoth for over 10 years.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Doubledog said:
My friends had some ALD52 blotters few years ago and described it as slightly more visual, and not so stimulating, and as upgraded version of LSD, but with just small difference.

I always explained it in the way that this difference is similar to difference of morphine/acetylmorphine and it is based on different metabolism of molecule.

Btw.
Title of this thread is about acetyl-LSD, but content is mainly about acetaldehyde-LSD. It's confusing.
Take this 1-aceteldeyde LSD to the 300ug to 400ug level, it is like mescaline, which shines at the 300mg to 400mg level. Don't worry, there is none of the tenseness or anxiety of LSD, so it is easy to take it higher...but it has plenty of depth mentally. It is extremely visual at the 300ug level in a completely different way from LSD, more like mescaline or DMT in the visuals. This is for people who have plenty of acid to spare, if you do not have much acid to spare, then I recommend sticking with acid. This is just like cactus, it is more expensive to trip with, but well worth it imho, will not dream acid any other way from now on. This 1-acetaldehyde LSD imho would combine quite well with 300g to 400g of fresh cactus tea, making it feel more like 600g fresh cactus (no core).

With 300ug conversion: For anyone that does dream this, you may be shocked at how stimulating it is the whole trip, as ALD-52 or 1-acetaldehyde LSD created via this thread has "twice the anti-serotonin power of LSD", and the more anti-serotonin or serotonin blocking (see color receptorome chart on post #1) the more powerful the stimulation, was up till 4:30am in the morning, and had dreamed it at 4pm in afternoon. The girl I was with had to tell me to "stop talking" at one point, as I kept pointing out "how beautiful the scenery was", the stimulation is high, but still mentally relaxing none the less, although a great psychedelic head space, it will take you deep mentally without the anxiety or tenseness of LSD just as Shulgin writes in TIHKAL under ALD-52 section.

It is way more colorful than acid and if you wave your hand in front of you, instead of just seeing multiples of your hand like you would with acid, you will see not only multiple tracers, but inbetween the tracers will be fractals and swirls of color, super fine colored rainbow reflections surrounded almost everything I watched, immensely beautiful. Patterns and textures do indeed shift like crazy with open eyes. It is vastly different from LSD. With closed eyes I saw the most beautiful geometrics, before falling to sleep, saw architecture and gardens like those in Versailles, France with a fast moving groundskeeper zipping about tending to the plants, unbelievable.

Why so different from LSD? I think this has to do with the possibility that 1-acetaldehyde LSD shifts the receptorome or radioligand binding of receptors "away from 5-ht2a" and towards the adrenal A2A, A2B, and A2C spectrum instead (see color chart on page 1 of this thread) which is the high binding dominance or habitat of mescaline & dmt, and psilocin to a lower extent.
benzyme said:
I just don't see it...

as with LAH, that acetyl group looks like it would be cleaved with moderate [H+], the carbonyl is obviously nucleophilic. nevermind enzymatic deacetylation; it likely wouldn't even make it to the liver.

This is Happening in the Liver via an enzymatic reaction, there is no cleavage, there is transformation taking place in the liver similar to what is happening in Note (1).

The proof is in the pudding, when someone else dreams this, and reports back.

The Mayans and Aztecs added the extract from morning glory seed to beer/wine, they did not do this with any other entheogen. Sherry wine contains 10mg acetaldehyde per shot glass. The priest at Eleusis added fresh mint to their secret entheogenic brew for over 2,000 years straight, mint contains 2mg water soluble acetaldehyde per 5 drops concentrated extract.

All these ancient people were not stupid, they were quite clever, there was a reason they did what they did. Fresh morning glory contains LSH and penniclavine in sky high amounts, as does the claviceps paspali which infects the paspalum distichum grass which grows next to Eleusis in the famous Rharian plain, Both contain the exact same alkaloids. If you do this same experiment I did with LSH, it also transforms the molecule.

Note (1) Here's an example: If you soak coca leaf tea bags in wine, and the wine drunk, the cocaine is converted into coca-ethylene in the liver...cocaethyelene is orally potent, it has a "higher like" rating than even cocaine when human tests were done in 1994. This was the basis behind the famous commerical "Vin Mariani wine" back in the 1860's popular with both Popes, Thomas Edison, and scores of other famous people. I don't see any cleavage taking place with this molecule but rather addition/transformation. This "in-vivo" liver transformation of the molecule was not even discovered till 1994.

How can you all call me wrong, when none of you have even tried this? I will report back in 2 weeks with a 400ug experience. This is not a rat taking LSD mixed with a shot of sherry and 5 drops peppermint in the lab, this is a human experiment, let your liver do the work, you will see the light.

Still do this the way the study outlined, by letting all sit in fridge for 3 hours with swirling once per hour like I did. The Sherry is already at ph=4 so no acidic solution necessary.

The study hints at the possibility of in-vivo adduction of acetaldehyde to indole at the NH group nitrogen as well. I performed the study externally, just as the researchers did. The same study I discovered over 22 years ago, it is from 1992.

Last edited:
LSD itself can be heavily affected by any placebo mindset aswell which could totally change the flavor of experience. But theres nothing i won't lose getting around to trying this out and see what happens.

Read the 7 paragraph trip report in Note (17) of post #1, and still tell me this sounds like LSD. One person in this thread said "this is sacrilege to convert LSD". No it's not, Albert Hofmann DISCOVERED ALD-52 as well.

Well, their reactions are just that. I am with TripSitterNZ and will be trying this. Also, many debated lemon teking at first - and we know that works!

I reposted here (my 1st home) cause I don't like the fact that Nexus only lets certain people in, I want to hear comments from all people, it is my belief that ALL should be allowed to participate, just like ALL people were allowed to participate in the sacred entheogenic ceremonies held at Eleusis in ancient Greece for 2,000 years. As a matter of fact, I will no longer being posting at Nexus, I've had enough of the criticism of myself and others...and yet they have not even dreamed this (see post #34 above).

Last edited:
A quick note which I believe was a message from the Aztec Shaman before I depart:

Discovered 1992 adducts study the same week after receiving a 20 minute visit or "schooling" from an ancient powerful and spiritually prominent Aztec Shaman who appeared out of the shadows on a wall cast by a Christmas tree, this after girl and I both took 10 hits each of 15 year old decomposed acid given to me by a dear friend, true story. The acid had a sick feeling for the 1st two hours, but then it worked and skyrocketed us to higher divine plane.

The Shaman sat on a throne made of spirit animals (birds, otters, Jaguars, macaws, toucans) that morphed into other spiritual animals continuously. The Shaman stared intently into my eyes as if downloading information to me. What's even more amazing, is that the girl who was with me also saw the EXACT same vision on the wall.

The Shaman wore a huge beautiful headdress, to the left and right of him stood female centaurs, half naked female above, half animal below. He showed me the rise and fall of several civilizations throughout time. I saw the great pyramid of the Aztec empire in the distance.

Behind the female centaurs were snakevines growing out of the earth. Before the Shaman left, he motioned to me with his eyes to look out the window in the living room to the patio, where I had an empty garden plot, he was trying to tell me to plant entheogenic plants. His point in showing me the rise and fall of the different civilizations was I believe he was trying to tell me "that if humanity is survive, the only hope is a Spiritual solution."

Don't forget that to the Aztecs, the morning glory plant was more important to them then their other 2 classical plants, peyote and mushrooms. Two sources given for this comment below.

Note (2) Page 515 "Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" Christian Ratsch: "The fresh or dried morning glory seeds normally are added to alcoholic drinks (sugarcane liquor; c. alcohol), tepache (maize beer, chicha), and balche' (Schultes 1941, 37)."

Note (4) Psychotomimetics of the Convolvulaceae pg 93: "This particular plant seems to have been more important to the Aztecs in divinity then Peyotl or Teonanacatl, two of their other classical sacred plants."

Note (5) Jonathan Ott "Pharmacotheon": "Ololiuhqui was far more prominent as an entheogen here in Mesoamerica than those mushrooms; the mushrooms are mentioned only here and there by a few competent chroniclers; yet almost an entire book was devoted to denouncing mainly the ololiuhqui idolatry. The annals of the Inquisition contain many times more autos de fe for ololiuhqui than for mushrooms."

Note (22) The sources were clear that the kykeon's other ingredient, mint (menthe pulegium) was fresh mint. Mint appears to have played a symbolic role in Eleusinian myth; being Hades' concubine, Mint was "dismembered by the jealous wife Persephone." See Wasson, "The Road to Eleusis", 111.

In Ipomoea Tricolor vine: from Tryptophan-->chanoclavine-->agroclavine-->elymoclavine-->lysergic acid-->ergometrine-->LSH, which then decomposes over time into LSA."

2016 Polish morning glory study found 3x higher amounts of LSH in MG seeds direct from grower/producer vs retail (note 7):
fresh black seeds from vine: likely 5.00 LSH to 5.00 penniclavine ratio
seeds direct from growers: 1.71 LSH to 5.08 penniclavine ratio
seeds off retail racks: 0.54 LSH to 4.75 penniclavine ratio
Vacuum pack & freeze freshly picked seeds to preserve potency indefinitely.

Last edited:
I reposted here (my 1st home) cause I don't like the fact that Nexus only lets certain people in, I want to hear comments from all people, it is my belief that ALL should be allowed to participate, just like ALL people were allowed to participate in the sacred entheogenic ceremonies held at Eleusis in ancient Greece for 2,000 years. As a matter of fact, I will no longer being posting at Nexus, I've had enough of the criticism of myself and others...and yet they have not even dreamed this (see post #34 above).

Don't worry about those guys, a lot of online communities are full of people trying to use their "superior knowledge" to flaunt it over others. But as you know we don't roll like that here. :) As far as I'm, concerned, any and all discussion on psychedelic topics should be encouraged. If someone disagrees, great, they should then respectfully state their reasons for disagreeing and then assert their own views. There is no reason to disrespect others.