• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Lysergamides At-home conversion of LSD to 1-acetaldehyde LSD in 1 step (similar to but beyond even ALD-52) like upgraded version of LSD

tregar

Bluelighter
Update 10.16.2021:

THH or Tetrahydroharmine + 1-acetaldehyde LSD (similar to ALD-52) combo, like high dose mescaline with pics:

:love: :love: :love:

SYNOPSIS FROM THE ENTIRE THREAD

I have made 1-acetaldehyde LSD twice so far from 3 LSD blotters and then 3 LSD blotters again the 2nd time, it is extraordinary, easy to do in one step and based on the 1992 adducts study with indole see below note (6).

This is absolutely no "pro-drug" it has effects all on it's own, COMPLETELY different from LSD from beginning to end of trip, see my 13 comments further below on how this is way different from LSD in profound ways, like an upgraded version of LSD.

I know that from now on this is the only way I will take 300ug of LSD, as the "upgraded 1-acetaldehyde LSD cousin." My absolute favorite.

Don't bash me until you try this with 3 hits of acid yourself, it is based on pure science, and really works. With LSD, acetaldehyde will adduct onto the bottom indole NH group nitrogen of the LSD ergoline forming 1-acetaldehyde LSD, containing one more hydrogen at adduct than ALD-52. 13 Pics given in link at bottom.

The main recipe is based on the 1992 indole adducts study which creates a new 1-acetaldehyde (similar to ALD-52 but contains one more hydrogen molecule) alkaloid from LSD. The peppermint extract in the recipe contains menthol as the main ingredient which shuts off the cytochrome P450 enzyme inhibition in the liver, which is involved in the metabolism of exogenous chemicals. This has the potential effect in vivo of preventing the breakdown of 1-acetaldehyde LSD.

The same conversion described in this thread also works with the LSH & penniclavine in morning glory seeds, converting them to 1-acetaldehyde LSH & 1-acetaldehyde penniclavine. As described below with supporting references in Notes, the ancient Aztec and Mayans and Priest at Eleusis for 2,000 years straight used this same conversion on LSH from the seeds, and LSH from the ground up claviceps paspali (ancient Greece) growing on the paspalum distichum grass adjacent to Eleusis to serve to hundreds of people at once, it has a low "freak out factor" (like with mescaline), so I can see why hundreds could take this at once.

Researchers showed in 1961 that Claviceps paspali ergot produces high amounts of LSH in culture "Production of a new lysergic acid derivative (LSH or Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide) by a strain of Claviceps paspali, Stevens & Hall".

Instructions:

Note (1): Make sure your sherry wine is cold before you use it, it contains 5 mg acetaldehyde per 15ml or 1/2 shot glass. Acetaldehyde boils off at 68 degrees F, or slightly below room temp, so keep 1/2 shot glass of it in fridge at all times until you consume.

Note (2): There is a less than ten dollar wine preservation canister available that will prevent oxidation of the wine, instead a bottle of sherry wine will last several months instead of just 7 days. This way the natural precious high levels of acetaldehyde in the sherry wine will not oxidize to acetic acid over time. The canister replaces the air that seeps into an open bottle with a balanced mixture of carbon dioxide, nitrogen and argon to keep wine fresh: just look up "private preserve wine preservation system", less than ten dollars. Seen it at amazon.

Note (3): Menthol is largest ingredient in peppermint extract and causes cytochrome P450 enzyme inhibition in the liver, which is involved in the metabolism of exogenous chemicals. This may have a potential effect in preventing the breakdown of 1-acetaldehyde LSD. Peppermint extract also contains 2mg water soluble acetaldehyde per 5 drops

1) Fill a shot glass up 1/2 way with dry sherry wine. Sherry wine is already at ph=4 which is what study calls for, and contains the acetaldehyde (5mg avg. per 15ml) we need like the study.

2) Drop 3 hits of 100ug acid into shot glass.

3) Put a foil cover on shot glass and let sit in fridge.

4) 1 hour later add 5 drops of Adam's peppermint extract.

5) Swirl the shot glass once per hour, the researchers used a stir mantel in the fridge, and achieved 100% new product creation in 1.5 hour, but since we are not using a stir mantle, swirl once per hour.

6) After 3 hours sitting in fridge, consume, sit back & enjoy the brand new experience of 1-acetaldehyde LSD, or what is similar to ALD-52 with one extra hydrogen at the bottom indole NH group.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
LSA (C16 H17 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSA
LSH (C18 H21 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSH
LSD (C20 H25 N3 O) + acetal (C2 H3 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetal LSD (C22 H27 N3 O2) or ALD-52
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Note (6) 1992 adducts study: hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC49935/ Page 8441 "Reaction of Indole with Acetaldehyde: A 0.2% solution of indole in equal amounts of water, ethanol, and acetaldehyde formed a product with 60% yield after 1 hour of reaction at ambient temperature. Omitting the ethanol (50% acetaldehyde in water mixture) had no effect. Decreasing the concentration of acetaldehyde to 0.1% increased the reaction rate and percent yield of product." See pic of the researchers's indole + acetaldehyde adduct product formed at bottom of this post ---> ie before (page 8439) and after (page 8441).

https://www.ncbi.nlm...icles/PMC49935/

The researchers achieved a 100% new product with or without the use of ethanol, it made no difference, you only need ph=4 acidified water and around a 0.1% acetaldehyde solution, with a 1.5 hour soak time with stirring.

Note (15) Breakdown of water soluble acetaldehyde & isovaleraldehyde (and their corresponding acids) in peppermint extract: 1mg standard is equivalent to .001ml, 5 drops used in recipe = .25ml, .25ml = 250mg identified compounds, alcohol percent of peppermint extract = 91% alcohol so then 250mg x 0.9% = 23mg leftover of compounds, assuming 9% of this is the acetaldehyde/isovaleraldehyde & their corresponding acids, [see paper "Chemical Composition and Biological Activities of Mentha Species by Brahmi"] then approximately 2mg exists in 5 drops.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
In conclusion, my personal observations, as I have taken acid hundreds of times in the past not only by itself, but in combination with 400g of fresh boiled cactus tea (I grow my own cactus under shade cloth) over 200 times in over 15 years, and Ayahuasca made with Caapi (75g plus) & Hawaiian psychotria (25 to 30g) over 65 times. I keep a trip diary.

I also grow around 30 ipomoea tricolor heavenly blue morning glory plants, 15 to each 17" wide x 15" tall planter with 5 foot tall round welded wire fence (from garden store) in each, equivalent growing area of a 5 foot tall x 4 foot wide fence, grown in 3/4 miracle grow + 1/4 cow manure compost, produces extremely potent LSH & penniclavine containing seeds, that I pick when seeds are dark and hard and immediately vacuum pack and store in freezer to keep their high potency indefinitely. Each planter produces 3,000 seeds (5 seeds per pod), 6000 seeds total divided by 400 seeds per trip = 15 high potency trips. Even just small amounts of these seeds also potentiate normal LSD in combination, producing outstanding visions and transcendence beyond just normal LSD.

1) You know how acid has that sudden drop off then you are back to sobriety? Instead, this lasts longer than acid and has a warm gentle transition back over a longer period.

2) 1-acetaldehyde LSD is way more colorful than acid, similar to mescaline.

3) 1-acetaldehyde LSD does not have the "visual choppiness" of acid, but is flowing in the visuals.

4) LSD produces tracers with multiples of shadows of the hand, this produces not only tracers, but colored fractals and mosaics inside the tracers.

5) LSD produces "colored specs that flow in front of everything", this produces instead "fine colored rainbow reflections" that surround everything.

6) Music sounds good on acid, but music sounds great on this, like a whole nother world, similar to mescaline.

7) With 1-acetaldehyde LSD, everything was indeed alive and magical. Patterns were forming everywhere, the shifting of textures is magical. I could lose myself so easily as the visuals seemed to drag my focus in without any effort. As a result, ego death was basically spontaneous. Taking this 2 times already, made it feel like the first time I've ever tripped. My 2nd trip with 300ug 1-acetaldehyde LSD in combination with 400g fresh cactus tea was the most infinitely beautiful & powerful trip I have ever experienced in my life.

8] Sometimes LSD causes my mind to wander uncontrollably unless I take my own drive to focus, but with 1-acetaldehyde LSD there is no wandering thoughts, no tenseness or anxiety like with acid, this is deep mentally, a real gem, pure psychedelic bliss.

9) 300ug of 1-aceteldehyde LSD makes 400g of fresh boiled cactus pieces (no core, approximately 400mg mescaline) feel instead like 700mg of mescaline. I think this has to do with the possibility that 1-acetaldehyde LSD shifts the receptorome or radioligand binding of receptors "away from 5-ht2a" and towards the adrenal A2A, A2B, and A2C spectrum instead which is the dominance or habitat of mescaline & dmt & psilocin (see color chart post #1).

10) You can take this more often as it does not have the "extreme tolerance" of normal LSD which mainly works thru the 5-ht2a receptor (see color chart post #1 of old long thread), just like with cactus which you can take more often.

11) It is not a sacrilege to convert LSD to 1-acetaldehyde LSD cause Albert Hofmann also discovered ALD-52 at Sandoz labs. This is different from ALD-52 cause it has one extra hydrogen on the acetaldehyde adduct at the bottom indole NH group nitrogen. The table from Sandoz suggested that ALD-52 might actually have advantages over LSD, reducing any side effects but achieving a stronger trip. Measurements of brain waves while people were taking the two drugs showed that while LSD produced brain waves associated with intense concentration and anxiety, ALD-52 produced brain waves showing a more relaxed mental state. It also has "twice the anti-serotonin or serotonin blocking power" of normal LSD.

12) Before falling to sleep, I saw closed eye colored visions of architecture and gardens like those in Versailles, France.

13) LSD is more "analytical" and not as aesthetic, this feels more natural and is extremely aesthetic (beauty enhancing) like with mescaline.
Final notes when working with mg seeds instead of LSD:

Penniclavine is found in extremely high amounts in the mg seeds & in claviceps paspali infected wild grass Paspalum distichum L, with the labile LSH a close second in both of them and binds to 5-ht1a, 5-ht2a, 5-ht6, 5-ht7, adrenal A2A, A2C, A2D, and most of the dopamine receptors.

We don't have radioligand binding data for LSH, we only know it is similar to LAE-32 in TIHKAL, in which human experiments were done, at 1.5mg it was stimulating & "LSD like".

LSD only binds to A2A in comparison (when in comes to adrenal receptors, note 11). When Yui & Takeo injected penniclavine & agroclavine into lab animals in 1958 they noticed the animals became stimulated like with LSD. Penniclavine is a metabolite of agroclavine. Glasser in 1961 noticed animals also became stimulated when injected with LSH. Dr. Glasser said some of the mice even stood on their hine legs and pressed on the noses of the mice in front of them, very peculiar.

Animal tests all point to LSH being an active psychedelic and it is indeed the closest thing to LSD found in nature, far closer than d-ergine (LSA). Owsley claims Hoffman himself told him that LAOH is very LSD-like. I totally agree.

As everyone knows, 2 drugs combined is more potent than just one.

A 2014 forensics paper from Paulke found no LSH in HBWR seeds, but only found LSA & iso-LSA (83-84 percent & ergometrine (10-17 percent & rest: lysergol, elymoclavine & chanoclavine. We know that MG has centuries of Shamanic use, while HBWR has no history of Shamanic use. HBWR only has history of medicinal use.

Sandgrease: "HBWR has more of a sedative effect compared to MG."

Nogal: "HBWR is more body related while MG seeds have effects more similar to LSD."
I did not discover this conversion, it was given to me by an ancient spiritually prominent Shaman in a vision, true story, see here:

Discovered 1992 adducts study the same week after receiving a 20 minute visit or "schooling" from an ancient powerful and spiritually prominent Aztec Shaman who appeared out of the shadows on a wall cast by a Christmas tree, this after girl and I both took 10 hits each of 15 year old decomposed acid given to me by a dear friend, true story. The acid had a sick feeling for the 1st two hours, but then it worked and skyrocketed us to higher divine plane.

The Shaman sat on a throne made of spirit animals (birds, otters, Jaguars, macaws, toucans) that morphed into other spiritual animals continuously. The Shaman stared intently into my eyes as if downloading information to me. What's even more amazing, is that the girl who was with me also saw the EXACT same vision on the wall.

The Shaman wore a huge beautiful headdress made of feathers, to the left and right of him stood female centaurs, half naked female above, half animal below. He showed me the rise and fall of several civilizations throughout time. I saw the great pyramid of the Aztec empire in the distance. The animated vision was beyond 4k, and highly detailed.

Behind the female centaurs were snakevines growing out of the ground. Before the Shaman left, he motioned to me with his eyes to look out the window in the living room to the patio, where I had an empty garden plot, he was trying to tell me to plant entheogenic plants. His point in showing me the rise and fall of the different civilizations was I believe he was trying to tell me "that if humanity is survive, the only hope is a Spiritual solution."

Don't forget that to the Aztecs, the morning glory plant was more important to them then their other 2 classical plants, peyote and mushrooms. Two sources given for this comment below.

Note (2) Page 515 "Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" Christian Ratsch: "The fresh or dried morning glory seeds normally are added to alcoholic drinks (sugarcane liquor; c. alcohol), tepache (maize beer, chicha), and balche' (Schultes 1941, 37)."

Note (4) Psychotomimetics of the Convolvulaceae pg 93: "This particular plant seems to have been more important to the Aztecs in divinity then Peyotl or Teonanacatl, two of their other classical sacred plants."

Note (5) Jonathan Ott "Pharmacotheon": "Ololiuhqui was far more prominent as an entheogen here in Mesoamerica than those mushrooms; the mushrooms are mentioned only here and there by a few competent chroniclers; yet almost an entire book was devoted to denouncing mainly the ololiuhqui idolatry. The annals of the Inquisition contain many times more autos de fe for ololiuhqui than for mushrooms."

Note (22) The sources were clear that the kykeon's other ingredient, mint (menthe pulegium) was fresh mint. Mint appears to have played a symbolic role in Eleusinian myth; being Hades' concubine, Mint was "dismembered by the jealous wife Persephone." See Wasson, "The Road to Eleusis", 111.

In Ipomoea Tricolor vine: from Tryptophan-->chanoclavine-->agroclavine-->elymoclavine-->lysergic acid-->ergometrine-->LSH, which then decomposes over time into LSA.

2016 Polish morning glory study found 3x higher amounts of LSH in MG seeds direct from grower/producer vs retail:
fresh black seeds from vine: likely 5.00 LSH to 5.00 penniclavine ratio
seeds direct from growers: 1.71 LSH to 5.08 penniclavine ratio
seeds off retail racks: 0.54 LSH to 4.75 penniclavine ratio
Vacuum pack & freeze freshly picked seeds to preserve potency indefinitely.

LSH (lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide) decomposes in neutral water solutions, and quickly in alkaline solutions, and also if heated, but it is quite stable in acidic environments (just like the solution recipe I give). Traditionally (e.g. as reported from Wasson) they only soaked the mushed seeds briefly in water, then strained and immediately drank. Even Hermes and Nogal (both extracted 400 to 500 seeds into cold acidic water using a squirt of lemon juice) both reported EXTREMELY VISUAL MG trip reports:

(1) Hermes (the Lycaeum):
Cold water extract with squirt of lemon juice: Saw strong 4D lattice-like open eye visuals and warping and melting of furniture with only 400 seeds. There are around 32 to 36 seeds to a gram. I see amazing three and seemingly four-dimensional shapes morphing and bifurcating. Often I get religious and esoteric themed visuals, like fractal cherub wings and winged eyes like those in some of Alex Grey's work. Eyes are all over everything. I see pyramids and sphinxes and Gigeresque biomechanical forms. I see amazing geometric lattice structures. I watch mathematical space-filling algorithms doing their thing, all of this with nothing more than 500 seeds.
(2) Nogal (the Nook):
Yes I know of someone who tried the CWE method with the Heavenly Blue variety, except with the substitution of a coffee grinder in place of a stone metate (I think that's what is called but I could be wrong), and a squirt of lemon in the water, with around 400-500 seeds. Closed and open eyed visuals were extremely breath taking. Some of the most prominent visions were of Aztec/Mayan glyphic patterns, a menacing and demonic technicolor nymph made of light who tried to seduce the viewer, and this bizare trail of energy spheres which each contained a different stylized animal form (again definately of Aztec/Mayan origin).
(3) Erowid report:
400 older dried seeds is similar to a little less than one hit LSD. 400 fresh off vine is like about 2 or three hits.
Myself: 500ml cold spring water acidified to Ph=4 with DL tartaric acid extract on 400 fresh off the vine dark hard heavenly blue morning glory seeds that I grew in 3/4 miracle grow + 1/4 cow manure compost, fed 1 tablespoon miracle grow crystals dissolved into 1 gallon watering can w/spout once per month only, 22 years ago, added 1 shot of sherry & 5 drops peppermint extract, let sit in fridge 3 hours with swirling once per hour:
Saw geometric patterns on the surface of everything, with closed eyes, colored vectors spun 360 degrees while traveling from left to right across visual plane. Sounds were not only amplified & music heavenly but audio hallucinations were produced, heavy euphoria component & very strong appreciation for beauty. Remember watching Scarlett Johansson interview on a small television and melting into the seat from her beauty amidst all the breath taking geometrics. Tripped hard as hell.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am not a shaman, but I have been thru alot of the stuff Shaman's have gone thru, I have lost both my twin girls at birth, so I have no children, my beloved pet Shitzu died at only age 4 from continuous bladder stones for 6 months, he was unable to pee so many times, we had to rush him to vet, where he was put down. He visited both of us in a dream 2 days later to tell us he was alright in Heaven with a big smile on his face.

I have nearly died several times, once I was hit head on by a truck when driver ran a yield sign, I barely survived with numerous injuries.

I once took alot of acacia bark with Ayahuasca instead of the normal hawaiian psychotria I use, and went into a serious serotonin syndrome shock, for 1.5 hours I sweated my ass off sitting in the bathtub, I told my wife goodbye while my dog watched in a sad state..by some miracle I pulled out of it, I believe it was the high levels of maoi's in the acacia that interacted with the rima's in the Ayahuasca, bad combination. My forehead was pouring sweat for 1.5 hours, I was in severe shock and trembling, and knew I was gonna die.

Lost everything in a 100 year severe flood, my home and all my belongings, I had just gotten married and all the newlywed gifts perished...right after that I moved to an apartment complex, and 5 months later all my belongings again burnt to the ground after a dude had threw a lit blunt into the apartment complex after his girlfriend dumped him.

Had it not been for the policeman banging on the door of the apartment, we would have surely burned in the flames, as we were on the 3rd floor & asleep as I worked 2nd shift at the time. We ran down the steps in only our bare feet and suffered smoke inhalation.

Have been thru some %!%%, similar to a Shaman, who lives on the outskirts of society. Lifting weights, walking in nature with my dog, going to the waterpark with a season pass every summer, and reading the bible is all that keeps me sane some days.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Stay true to yourself, Peace, Love & Music.

https://www.friskyradio.com/

Pics:

1) Sherry wine for conversion of LSD to 1-acetaldehyde in only 3 hours, and materials list for conversion of LSH and penniclavine in morning glory seeds to 1-acetaldehyde LSH & penniclavine should you choose to duplicate the 1992 Adducts study given on page 1.

Funnel with cotton balls used to filter morning glory cold water acidified extract should you choose to work with seeds, see here Note (12) on page 2:

https://mycotopia.ne...ancient-greece/

2) easy morning glory planter, each 17" wide x 15" beautiful Belize Chata Marsal Clay planter is home to 15 plants, there are 20 vertical rods in each 5 foot round fence for snakevines to climb. When vines reach the top, and grow about 6" beyond the top, I then train each of the vines downwards to fill in any empty spaces in the round fence, the training is done daily when watering. The inclination of the vine is to grow upwards towards the sun, but it is important to train down once they reach the top in order to collect around 200 seeds per plant (5 seeds per pod) at end of growing season. So you will end up with 5 feet of vine growing upwards, and around 5 feet of vine growing downwards for each of the 15 plants.

3) Paspalum distichum infected with ergot (likely entheogen used at Eleusis) contains sky high levels of LSH & penniclavine when fresh just like morning glory seeds when fresh off vine.

4) Pic of researcher's new indole product creation BEFORE & AFTER. Acetaldehyde adducts onto bottom of NH group nitrogen of indole, using only water acidified to ph=4 (sherry wine is already at ph=4) and around a 0.1% acetaldehyde solution. Sherry wine contains the acetaldehyde we need, just like the study.

5) LSH or Lysergic acid hydroxyethylamide

6) LSD

7) ALD-52 compared to LSD

8] Graph & table showing levels of LSH in retail store rack seeds, but 3x higher levels LSH in seeds bought directly from producer, not shown possible 6x higher levels from fresh off the vine dark black seeds.

9) Eleusis Telesterian Initiation hall

10) Eleusian Mystery participants

11) 1-(1-hydroxyethyl) penniclavine courtesy of downwardsfromzero

12) 1-(1-hydroxyethyl) penniclavine acetyl courtesy of downwardsfromzero

Pics at bottom with alkaloid diagrams:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26872226&page=0&vc=1#26872226

==========================================================================================

(original post)

Skip to page 4 (post #61) for overview of this entire thread.

To test the 1992 adducts study: LSD blotters can theoretically be converted at home into 1-acetaldehyde LSD or basically equivalent to what ALD-52 is in one step, see sample super highly visual & aesthetic reports in notes (16) and (17):

Dissolve LSD blotter(s) in 1 shot of cold sherry wine (contains 10mg acetaldehyde) with 5 drops of peppermint extract (contains 2 mg water soluble acetaldehyde & isovaleraldehyde & their corresponding acids) for 3 hours in fridge, with swirling once per hour. Researchers achieved 100% new adduct product in 1.5 hour. The sherry is already at ph=4, so no acidic solution needs to be made, like study calls for. They used a stir mantle in fridge, so recommend 3 hours sitting in fridge if not stirring, just hand swirl once an hour.

ALD-52 is know to be even more visual, conceptual & aesthetic compared to the more analytical and less aesthetic LSD, also more forgiving and relaxing mentally compared to LSD which produced brain waves associated with intense concentration & anxiety, reports from Sandoz labs.

Why is ALD-52 possibly more aesthetic than LSD? The adrenal receptors are hit heavily by natural entheogens like mescaline, Ayahuasca with caapi, shrooms, and are believed by some to be responsible for alot of the "aesthetics/euphoria/appreciation of beauty" feeling activity that is experienced while tripping. It is quite possible that ALD-52 agonizes all 3 of the adrenal receptors A2A, A2B, and A2C.

Mescaline for example binds to A2C with "off the chart" rating of 4.00 (max). Anyone who has ever dreamed cactus knows the appreciation for beauty is "thru the roof". See chart below.

LSD only agonizes adrenal A2A (as far as adrenal receptors, see chart below).

See last post #15 of "Potent LSH & penniclavine fresh from morning glory vine & relation to ancient Greece"

The Aztecs and Mayans were known to add the extract from morning glory seeds (same exact alkaloid profile as the Greek claviceps paspali) to a drink containing alcohol (note 2). We know that sherry wine contains average 10mg acetaldehyde per 30ml or shot glass. The Aztecs and Mayans apparently knew about the acetaldehyde adducting properties of wine and alcohol, which as shown in the 1992 adducts study (note 6) will cause acetaldehyde to adduct onto the bottom NH group on the indole of LSH and penniclavine forming something more akin to looking like ALD-52, (at least bottom indole wise).

The table from Sandoz suggested that ALD-52 might actually have advantages over LSD, reducing any side effects but achieving a stronger trip. Measurements of brain waves while people were taking the two drugs showed that while LSD produced brain waves associated with intense concentration and anxiety, ALD produced brain waves showing a more relaxed mental state. Sample ALD-52 trip reports given in (note 16) and (note 17).

LSA (C16 H17 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSA
LSH (C18 H21 N3 O) + acetaldehyde (C2 H4 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetaldehyde LSH
LSD (C20 H25 N3 O) + acetal (C2 H3 O) at bottom indole NH group = 1-acetal LSD (C22 H27 N3 O2) or ALD-52

2016 Polish morning glory study found 3x higher amounts of LSH in MG seeds direct from grower/producer vs retail (note 7):
fresh black seeds from vine: likely 5.00 LSH to 5.00 penniclavine ratio
seeds direct from growers: 1.71 LSH to 5.08 penniclavine ratio
seeds off retail racks: 0.54 LSH to 4.75 penniclavine ratio

Note (2) Page 515 "Encyclopedia of Psychoactive Plants" Christian Ratsch: "The fresh or dried morning glory seeds normally are added to alcoholic drinks (sugarcane liquor; c. alcohol), tepache (maize beer, chicha), and balche' (Schultes 1941, 37).

Note (6) from post #2 of above link: hxxps://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC49935/ Page 8441 "Reaction of Indole with Acetaldehyde: A 0.2% solution of indole in equal amounts of water, ethanol, and acetaldehyde formed a product with 60% yield after 1 hour of reaction at ambient temperature. Omitting the ethanol (50% acetaldehyde in water mixture) had no effect. Decreasing the concentration of acetaldehyde to 0.1% increased the reaction rate and percent yield of product." See pic of the researchers's indole + acetaldehyde adduct product formed at bottom of this post ---> ie before (page 8439) and after (page 8441).

The researchers achieved a new product with or without the use of ethanol, it made no difference, you only need ph=4 acidified water and around a 0.1% acetaldehyde solution."

Note (15) Breakdown of water soluble acetaldehyde & isovaleraldehyde (and their corresponding acids) in peppermint extract: 1mg standard is equivalent to .001ml, 5 drops used in recipe = .25ml, .25ml = 250mg identified compounds, alcohol percent of peppermint extract = 91% alcohol so then 250mg x 0.9% = 23mg leftover of compounds, assuming 9% of this is the acetaldehyde/isovaleraldehyde & their corresponding acids, [see paper "Chemical Composition and Biological Activities of Mentha Species by Brahmi"] then approximately 2mg exists in 5 drops.

Note (16) Sample ALD-52 trip report #1:

"Had the chance in dreams to try ALD-52 around 10 years ago twice, and the blotter had diagrams of the ALD-52 molecule on the back of the blotter, and both times found the 300ug trips experienced in dreams to be PROFOUNDLY VISUAL, remember looking at a living woman's face and seeing it covered & overlayed with colored hieroglyphic symbols. The trip was very strong visually and yet found it relaxed and potently humorous, laughed for at least an hour watching episodes of "Funny or die" at the time.

Also remember seeing a group of Indian Shaman's sitting in a circle floating in mid-air when I walked into the bedroom, potent visuals...miss ALD-52, but the recipe above will transform the morning glory seed's LSH and LSA into similar molecules at least at the bottom indole NH group, which helps significantly in achieving a visually strong trip, sounds are amplified and music heavenly, strong audio heightening qualities, euphoric & stimulating yet relaxed journeys.

Anything longer than around the length of an acetaldehyde molecule (C2 H4 O) attached at the NH indole of the ergoline LSD molecule (especially 1-p-LSD, propionyl = C3 H5 O) may not fit properly into the very specific receptor binding site (as ALD-52 fits, acetyl = C2 H3 O), so cinnamaledehyde (C9 H8 O) and similar very long structures may not have a chance of docking into the receptor site properly."

Note (17) Sample ALD-52 trip report #2:

hxxps://www.reddit.com/r/LSD/comments/4ynu/highly_underestimated_ald52/

"Yes, I realize it's not technically LSD but really, it might as well be. I took 300ug thinking it would be mild if anything. Granted it wasn't as intense mentally as LSD can sometimes be, but conceptually and aesthetically it is beautiful beyond anything I ever anticipated. I feel perfect. At one. Better than I've felt in so long. I thought I could never trip again on anything but this is honestly paradigm changing for me. ALD-52 should be considered just as powerful as LSD-25 although it's a lot more relaxed and somewhat forgiving. As it is probably apparent I'm still very deep into this experience and I hope this to be an open discussion to anyone who would like to be involved.

My god, I just went through multiple ego death experiences beyond anything I've ever experienced from LSD before. There are no words. I mean there are plenty of "words" but none of them mean a single thing compared to any of THAT. Dear GOD. I never expected anything like this, but I sure as hell needed it. Even if I'm the only one here to express it to, as that's realistically the truth of nature anyhow. However, anyone who felt compelled to actually read through all this insanity, I just want you to know you're beautiful and you are everything. All things are right and they always will be.

Anyway, as far as the ALD-52, I took 300ug as I said. It was amazing and stronger than I expected, however I don't think 100ug would be very eventful to be perfectly honest. If you're concerned about it being too strong 200 might be worth it but 300 was really a great amount if you ask me. Even if you haven't taken any lysergamides before ALD-52 is rather calm compared to LSD or even mushrooms for the most part. Visually though, at least for me, it was absolutely breathtaking. Colors and textures were shifting like crazy.

Everything was alive and magical. Patterns were forming everywhere. I could lose myself so easily as the visuals seemed to drag my focus in without any effort. As a result, ego death was basically automatic and I reached that point multiple times. The first time I ever experienced ego death on LSD it left me with this beautiful feeling, like a deep inner glow that lasted for months afterwards. It eventually faded and I hadn't felt anything quite like it in years, but ALD-52 brought it back, and I feel like I've awakened from a spiritual coma.

Another thing is LSD sometimes causes my mind to wander uncontrollably unless I take my own initiative to focus, especially during the come up which can also sometimes fill me with restless confusion. Once I peak everything usually evens out, but ALD-52 put me in a state of perfect clarity from beginning to end. The come up was so smooth and comfortable.

I didn't notice the come down because I actually went to sleep when I felt like it was time to do so, which was an interesting surprise. Every time I've taken LSD I've had to let it run its entire course before even attempting to sleep. Often I would have to stay up for the entire day after which is obviously physically and mentally exhausting. But once I felt like the ALD-52 had made its point I went to sleep just like any other day, and woke up the next morning fully rested and mentally clear.

Overall, it felt very natural and I never had a single moment of uncomfortability or confusion. Just pure psychedelic bliss. I mean, I've had some amazing and extremely important experiences on LSD but honestly after the other night, think I prefer ALD-52. It felt like tripping for the first time again."

ALD-52 has double the anti-serotonin or serotonin blocking power of LSD, will explain below what this means:

Note (27) Thomas S. Ray, Psychedelics and the Human Receptorome (2010):
hxxp://journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0009019

Breadth of Receptor Binding, 4.00=max (off the charts), 0.00=min
LSD: 5ht1a = 3.73, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.88, mescaline = 3.61, 5-meo-DMT: = 4.00 (make up >80% of brain 5-ht)
LSD: 5ht1b = 4.00, DMT: = 0.00, psilocin = 2.19, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.41
LSD: 5ht1d = 3.70, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 3.40, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.48
LSD: 5ht1e = 2.62, DMT: = 3.28, psilocin = 3.03, mescaline = 3.16, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.72
LSD: 5ht2a = 3.54, DMT: = 2.58, psilocin = 2.14, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.98
LSD: 5ht2b = 3.11, DMT: = 3.91, psilocin = 4.00, mescaline = 3.97, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.69 (sensual & entactogenic)
LSD: 5ht2c = 3.11, DMT: = 3.42, psilocin = 2.52, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.55
LSD: 5ht5a = 3.64, DMT: = 3.16, psilocin = 2.83, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.84
LSD: -5ht6 = 3.75, DMT: = 3.35, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.73
LSD: -5ht7 = 3.77, DMT: = 4.00, psilocin = 2.82, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 3.69 (novelty, newness)
LSD: ---D1 = 2.34, DMT: = 3.51, psilocin = 3.37, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 2.38
LSD: -A-2A = 2.93, DMT: = 2.75, psilocin = 1.36, mescaline = 2.92, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.00 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2a)
LSD: -A-2B = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.57, mescaline = 0.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 0.86 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2b)
LSD: -A-2C = 0.00, DMT: = 3.53, psilocin = 1.03, mescaline = 4.00, 5-meo-DMT: = 1.57 (aesthetic/beauty adrenal a2c)

Explanation of 5-ht1a receptors:

As we go thru day to day life, the 5-ht1a brain serotonin filters (gates, or day to day survival filters as I like to call them) which make up over 80% of brain 5-ht are in place so that we will not be overwhelmed by the perception of the way things would appear to an un-filtered mind, or "Mind at Large" as Aldous Huxley describes it in "Doors of Perception" as "infinite or eternal". He also referred to the visions as coming from "the other world" in his book "Moksha". I prefer to think of it in similar terms as well "the spirit world" or "the other world". Huxley referred to normal day to day mind state as the "reducing valve" due to it's filtering.

5-ht1a inhibition by entheogens (in green above) theoretically cause this filter system to be lifted, and the infinite mind to manifest in combination with oral dmt from traditional psychotria for example with the caapi and/or harmalas providing the 5-ht1a inhibition, just as bufotenine in snuff's provide the 5-ht1a inhibition combined with the dmt in the snuff's, resulting in a 3 hour experience ie both examples of Teamwork on how these entheogens are used traditionally in the Amazon.

Thomas S. Ray's study shows a value of 3.57 at SERT for Ibogaine (4.00 is max). Ibogaine has been shown to inhibit serotonin transporter (SERT) noncompetitively, in contrast to all other known inhibitors, which are competitive with substrate. Ibogaine inhibits both serotonin and dopamine reuptake transporters, it is an SDRI or serotonin & dopamine reuptake inhibitor. Tetrahydroharmine (THH) is a serotonin reuptake inhibitor, it is an SRI found in caapi. In other words, both are strong serotonin reuptake inhibitors which inhibit over 80% of brain 5-ht at 5-ht1a.

Dr. Nichols (LSD scientist): "LSD has very strong potency in blocking the action of serotonin. The morpholide lysergamide cousin had only about 1/10th the potency in blocking serotonin. Of the 5 diferent dialkylamides we studied LSD was the most potent and specific serotonin antagonist."

Dr. Nichols "5-ht1a makes up >80% of brain 5-ht...5-ht1a agonism blocks serotonin."

Serotonin blocking is a main effect of all the natural oral entheogens like the semi-synthetic LSD, mescaline, Ayahuasca, mushrooms, 5-meo-dmt & bufotenine (found in snuffs). See 2011 receptorome chart above. Ibogaine inhibits both serotonin and dopamine reuptake transporters (it is an SDRI or serotonin & dopamine reuptake inhibitor).

An example of the importance of adding the serotonin reuptake inhibition properties of 5-meo-dmt for example to dmt (which totally lacks 5-ht1 reuptake properites on it's own) is shown below. This is the same way the snuff's are used in the amazon, as they naturally combine dmt with additives which cause the reuptake of 5-ht like bufotenin for example, this results in a 3 hour experience from the snuff's.

Oroc's experiment of combining 5-meo-dmt with DMT sounds imho very much like a short beautiful transcendental Ayahuasca experience, from his book "Tryptamine Palace":

DMT + tiny amounts of 5-meo-dmt, perhaps similar theoretically to Amazonian snuffs which have a makeup of 7.4% bufotenin (potent 5-ht1a agonist), 0.04% 5-MeO-DMT (potent 5-ht1a agonist) & 0.16% DMT (zero potency as 5-ht1a agonist):

James Oroc "Tryptamine Palace":
"As an experiment (and in a foreign land) I smoked the last of the Bufo alvarius venom (the story of whose collection is described within the pages of Tryptamine Palace) with some ‘regular’ DMT (extracted from Jurema Preta.). In the vast majority of my early nigerine (DMT) experiences, I encountered visual fields of ‘dots’ that would come together to form images, much like the pointillism style of painting developed by Georges Seurat or the Australian Aboriginal song-line paintings.

With the addition of the 5-MeO-DMT containing toad-venom to the DMT however, the visual characteristic was completely different and totally unique to my experiences so far. On this occasion there was a complete lack of ‘dots’ or ‘points’ of any kind, the fine lines of the constantly changing imagery were like those painted with a single-hair brush on Tibetan thangkas and due to the overwhelming artistry of what I was seeing, I could only think of the vaulted ceiling of the Sistine Chapel in comparison.

Sistene Chapel: This was without a doubt the most ‘visionary’ experience I have ever been fortunate enough to encounter and I lay there with my eyes shut watching the most fantastic parade of the Collective Unconsciousness imaginable, wishing that it would never end, and as I sit here now I can not even describe one tiny corner of it, since every image in the multitude of imagery was in such constant motion that they defied all but a glimpse. And then moments later, like a tent collapsing when its ropes are cut, the vision is gone. Leaving only a struggle of words to explain it, since nothing before or after has come close to this experiences visual majesty.

This experience leads to the interesting question of selectively combining DMT and 5-MeO-DMT for a more visionary and somewhat less overwhelmingly transcendental experience. (Or for the other way around). This combining of the two endogenous entheogens is being tested in changa blends (reportedly at a 90% DMT to 10% 5-MeO-DMT ratio), while many Pharmahuasca urban-shamans are also adding 5-MeO-DMT to their ayahuasca-analogues to transform and deepen that experience. It seems likely to me that the combining of DMT and 5-MeO-DMT in various ratios and manners will only become more popular as the exponentially increasing number of psychonauts search for new psychological terrain to explore."

Last edited:
Hi DrumTripper. Thanks for kind words! Your's and G_Chem's comments on the "morning glory and relation to Eleusis" post linked to above are invaluable, much appreciated. I grew up reading the countless amazing posts by Xorkoth.

Look forward to hearing your report. However, it wont work with 1p or 1cp-LSD cause they already have adducts attached to the bottom of their indole NH group, you will need to use LSD.

Just happened to have been gifted 300ugs of extremely pure acid in dreams, dissolved in 1 shot glass full of Sherry wine with added 5 peppermint extract drops, sits in fridge 3 hours with swirling once per hour till consumed in dreams.

I know the effects of acid vs ALD-52 very well, and the two times I tried ALD-52 over 10 years ago, was astounded by the visuals, see my trip report in note (16) above. I also, like reporter in note (17) at the time found it to be more aesthetic, beautiful and relaxing than the more analytical and less aesthetic acid.

ALD-52 also has "double the anti-serotonin" power of LSD. Anti-serotonin means blockage of serotonin activity via 5-ht1a agonism, which in turn blocks the re-uptake of serotonin, see chart above.

Will report back tomorrow.

The priest at Eleusis added fresh mint (note 22) to their secret entheogenic brew believed to be composed of in theory ground up claviceps paspali infected paspalum distichum grass which grows adjacent to Eleusis in the famous Rharian plain.

Fresh claviceps paspali ergot contains the exact same alkaloid profile as the Aztec morning glory when fresh: sky high levels of LSH (lyseric acid hydroxyethylamide) and penniclavine. Animals became stimulated like with LSD when injected with penniclavine in 1958 [note 8]. Same with LSH, animals became stimulated like with LSD when injected with LSH in 1961 (note 9). As everyone knows, 2 drugs combined is more potent than just one.

Note [8] Ref (1) T. Yui and Y. Takeo, Japan J. Pharmacol. 7, 157 [1958].

Note (9) A. Glasser, Nature 189, 313 (1961)

Note (22) The sources were clear that the kykeon's other ingredient, mint (menthe pulegium) was fresh mint. Mint appears to have played a symbolic role in Eleusinian myth; being Hades' concubine, Mint was "dismembered by the jealous wife Persephone." See Wasson, "The Road to Eleusis", 111.

Last edited:
I think this is a lot of fuss.
no wonder you were charmed 10 years ago, but you may not have all the important facts even though you have a lot of great facts here. how was it laid, how big was the dose exactly etc.

afaik, dose for dose, ald-52 and lsd-25 in the same situation with similar mind set should be more the same than different, so making good lsd into ald 52 is just a fun in the sun kind of thing.

I am tripping 300ug on this tonight, will report back tomorrow. Has been in fridge 3 hours with swirling once per hour. Ready to consume in dreams in 1 hour.

Last edited:
And that studies show (in vitro, though) differences in receptor actions, coupled with anecdotal reports of subtle differences in perceived effects is enough for me to keep an open mind about this. I for one can attest that ald-52 is for me a better come-up - almost invisible to me. Since doses can arguably be equalized by these grey market producers at typically 100 mcg per hit, using these analogs and keeping notes allows one to approach an elimination of dose-dependant effect differences.
That makes me keep reaching for more research, even anecdotal, to explain why I feel subtle differences. Besides the come-up, I get little to no auditory stuff going on with 1a when compared to 1p at same dose, set and setting. I always get low frequency distortions on 1p and 1p alone. No other analog does this to me, including the parent lsd.

So until human trials happen, I’m happy to be a believer, as un-informed as that may make me, in the possibility that chiral differences and adducts can possibly make a difference, at least for some. :)

ald-52 has zero body load or mind fuck on come up. I always thought it was a pro drug to LSD in the body thus giving you the purest LSD experience. But the visuals are a bit different but imo less visual than LSD. LSD induces reality melting universe warping travels while ald-52 is like super clean multicoloured geometric patterns with a bit of reality melting but dose for dose of proper laid lsd its a bit weaker. 150 ug of LSD is intense peaks compared to 150 ug of ald-52. Where i can see through objects on LSD melt transform ald-52 not so much at that level.

2 hours into it, I can say the experiment was a complete success. It is WAY different from LSD. Did not even notice the come up, way more relaxing mentally as well, I prefer this to LSD, it feels like the 1st time I've tripped. Visuals are profoundly powerful. It feels extremely natural, I see why the Priest now added mint to their sacred entheogenic brew at Eleusis for 2,000 years straight, it has a very low "freak out factor", so I can see why hundreds of people could take this at once. 300ug is definetly a great dose, no less than this.

There is a general reluctance in the scientific community among psychedelic enthusiasts to the idea that pro-drugs could have any action on their own. Back in the day, you would get chastized for suggesting that there were differences between the 4-HO and 4-AcO versions of the 4 sub tryptamines (in fact some even suggested that all of the 2C-Xs were essentially identical which to me is crazy, but I digress) that couldn't be amounted to placebo. When I got a chance to try 4-AcO-DMT as well as synthetic 4-HO-DMT, I found them to be substantially different (and different from mushrooms) to the point that I am very confident that, in a double blind test where I knew it was going to be either 4-HO-DMT or 4-AcO-DMT, I could tell the difference quickly. But at the same time, some other people, people with lots of psychedelic experience, say that they are virtually identical to each other. Yet plenty of others with experience feel like I do, that there is a distinct and obvious difference in the first half of the experience, and only at the plateau does it become indistinguishable (4-AcO-DMT, simply put, feels like oral smoked DMT at the beginning, whereas 4-HO-DMT does, to me it's so different, and it's always been something I noticed, even the first time I tried it when I was expecting it to be indistinguishable from mushrooms). Of course we do know that 4-AcO-DMT (as well as the other acetoxy esters, and the phosphoroloxy ester psilocybin) is a prodrug for 4-HO-DMT. I developed my own theory that the 4-AcO esters of the tryptamines are active on their own, but also are metabolized into their hydroxy counterparts. My thought is that different people convert them into the hydroxy faster than others do. So for some, like me, a substantial portion of the drug is crossing the BBB before converting, whereas for others, little to none of it is.

I think over time the perception that 4-AcO-DMT, a prodrug of 4-HO-DMT, is in fact distinct, with unique effects in addition to being a prodrug, has become pretty widespread. I have no idea if that idea extends to sticking a cleaveable group on the 1 position of LSD, but we shouldn't discount the possibility. Placebo and nocebo are undoubtedly powerful, and I could believe it and accept it if the differences perceived between LSD and ALD-52 and 1p-LSD and the others are only happening because of expectation, but once you have tripped a lot of times, you start to be able to notice trends, things that are consistently there despite the ever-shifting nature of tripping... yeah, every trip is different, but that doesn't mean you can't objectively determine consistent characteristics about different substances. Once you've taken a particular compound many times, you can start to notice the differences between them. I have noticed some commonalities every time I've taken ALD-52, as well as with LSD itself. I find ALD to be consistently somewhat different, but not very different, or different in important ways. I am not confident at all that I could correctly choose between LSD and ALD-52 every time in a blind test though... I find the two MUCH more similar to each other than I find 4-AcO-DMT to 4-HO-DMT.

I'm interested to see some studies on receptor binding of the two side by side, or anything else to help shed light on what's going on with these drugs. I suspect we have far less of a complete picture about how psychedelics work in the brain than we think we do. Not just psychedelics, but pharmacology in general. I am fascinated by how much different some different batches of MXE, and 3-MeO-PCP, are from other batches. 3-MeO-PCP doesn't have a chiral center, so you can't even explain it by there being a different ratio of isomers. Some have suggested that it's due to polymorphism, a difference in crystalline structure between different synths of the same substance. Some BLers argued stridently against polymorphism being able to have anything to do with it, as the substance is dissolving before it enters your bloodstream anyway ("LSD is LSD is LSD"), but yet, there is a medication, I believe it's an AIDS medication (but could be wrong, I know this is a real thing though), where polymorphism actually causes it to be effective in one crystal configuration, and ineffective in another. So clearly it does have some impact, at least on that drug. So why wouldn't it be so with other drugs, too?

There's much we do not know or understand. Such a fascinating topic. :)

LSD is better than ALD-52, like if can't get LSD you should get some, but to convert LSD is a sacrilege, I can't understand the appeal. Maybe before ALD became available and it was this stuff people only read about and no one had tried. A few years after it became available I now just consider it like weak acid. It's actually my least favorite way after 1cp and 1p. I have 100s of them, it loses its novelty fast. Just my opinion

LSD is better than ALD-52, like if can't get LSD you should get some, but to convert LSD is a sacrilege, I can't understand the appeal. Maybe before ALD became available and it was this stuff people only read about and no one had tried. A few years after it became available I now just consider it like weak acid. It's actually my least favorite way after 1cp and 1p. I have 100s of them, it loses its novelty fast. Just my opinion

I have to agree. I bought a strip of ALD-52 a few years ago, and I do agree with OP that it might be more "appealing" to some users with less anxiety, less mind fuck... etc...

More "natural"? That's arguable. What's natural about hallucinating without anxiety? By my definition that's closer to psychosis than a trip.

To me part of the beauty of LSD is the mind fuck!

I've tried a few of the analogues nothing ever matched the "magic" of LSD-25... very close but no cigar. Maybe I'm just looking through rose colored glasses... I'll admit that.

Also I stopped getting anxiety from LSD a long, long time ago. The come up is fun and exciting, peak is euphoric and the comedown is relaxing. I can understand why people get anxiety from LSD or other psychedelics - I once did, too. It's like thinking about jumping into a cold body of water. You know it's not going to hurt you, but you still get anxiety. After awhile you just get used to it.

Now, with that said, if there was a way to take away the anxiety before smoking DMT... I'd read that book. Still haven't conquered that monster of a drug.

Also quality post with the homebrew science OP, but unfortunately we have no data for ALD-52. sadface :(

This is the ONLY way I will be taking LSD from now on, deeply impressed, it has more of a cactus/mescaline feel to it, sky high appreciation for beauty, profound visuals, mentally super relaxed. I feel 300ug is only the beginning, going to take this to 400ug next time.

This is the ONLY way I will be taking LSD from now on, deeply impressed, it has more of a cactus/mescaline feel to it, sky high appreciation for beauty, profound visuals, mentally super relaxed. I feel 300ug is only the beginning, going to take this to 400ug next time.
what brand of sherry wine did you use? tempted to give this a go in the future to see whats it like.

Sherry brand wine is Taylor dry Sherry.

TripSitterNZ you have got to try this! It's different from ALD-52 cause it has an extra hydrogen molecule.

Last edited:
Quality posts.
There's extremely helpful and great information out there. Which was my reason to make up this account in the first place, but i ended up in the dark side of Lounge and now i can't get out.

I think this is a lot of fuss.
no wonder you were charmed 10 years ago, but you may not have all the important facts even though you have a lot of great facts here. how was it laid, how big was the dose exactly etc.

afaik, dose for dose, ald-52 and lsd-25 in the same situation with similar mind set should be more the same than different, so making good lsd into ald 52 is just a fun in the sun kind of thing.
ALD-52 and Al-LAD both were subjectively better then 1p/1cp-LSD as well as LSD. But my memory about that last one are hazy.

I’ve always had difficulty differentiating LSD from ALD-52 from AL-LAD, particularly at saturation levels. I find AL-LAD at 750ug is the same experience as three or more hits of good street acid pretty much, only shorter in duration. In regards to ALD-52, I had a friend who swore he could tell the difference from LSD; so I blind trialed him. Guess what? He thought ALD-52 was LSD and vice versa.

Until there’s real trials completed on these LSD analogues to prove they’re more than pro-drugs, I’m of the mind that they’re simply that, pro-drugs.

Now I will acquiesce that metabolism may play a part. I have an extremely fast metabolism; my wife can eat Psilacetin at the same time as me on a full stomach after a fatty breakfast and I’ll be halfway done with my trip by the time she gets first alerts. Obviously this will subjectively alter the experience. And perhaps, my metabolism causes me to turn ALD-52 into LSD so quickly that it becomes one and the same for someone like me, but not for other people. I will say my friend who couldn’t tell the difference in my blind trial was of a heavier metabolism.

So yeah. I don’t think the two hold much of a difference, if any. Tripping is unpredictable and any number of things could cause subjective differences.

At “saturation levels” you’re very high, and subjective things would be nearly impossible to differentiate, at least for many (and me). Low dose and micro dose is where I’d be finding and appreciating these very subtle differences.
And for me, the mental aspects of mindfuck are part of the trip — it’s the bodyload I can do without, especially come-up nausea; ald-52 has proven much smoother for me in that regard, and at low doses like 50 mcg, etc.
So that conversion time going from 1a to lsd could be a factor that I’ve found to enjoy. The same is not true for me and 1p; that is fast and freezy and quite heavy on the come-up for me. 1cp feels more potent, but also not like ald-52 in the nausea department. So, if they’re all prodrugs, does that mean they have the same action - on every subject? Not for me right now, but . . .

We’re all the same but different, too.
Like Cheech said : “ya, if we’re gonna wear uniforms, man, let‘s get something that’s the same, but different - you know?”

Regardless, next time I get some real lsd-25, I’m saving half to try this! It certainly can’t hurt the lsd.