• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

At Dinner With an Undercover Narcotics Detective

Well i just found an interesting Drug policy for the NSW police if you refer to page 4

"POLICY STATEMENT
.No officer of the Police Service is permitted to use any prohibited drug.

In addition, those officers who consume alcohol are expected to avoid its misuse, both interms of intoxication and of longer term drinking, at levels which are hazardous to medical fitness and health. Practices and customs that advocate, glamourise or popularise its use are to be discouraged

^^ I'll bet there's an amendment somewhere that someone forgot to make public ;) j/k

pill_jockey, that document outlines the axiomatic code of conduct police officers have to abide by. It's more about their personal lives than anything else...

While I do not know what the truth is, and I think undercover operations want it to remain unknown, I do not think an undercover using drugs to secure a bust would be breaching their code of conduct.

Yeh i'm sure there is an easy way around it. I don't think the police would release a document on their public website saying that it is fine for our officers to take drugs.

Good thread peoples.

A couple of years ago a Melbourne club was raided and people were forced to be strip-searched!!! IMAGINE THAT! The clubber's got compo for it, later on i think. That caused alot of controversy, etc.

Like Boomslang said-the owner's, door people know who the undercover's are-I heard that police have to tell owner's that they are going undercover? Is that true? Also-i heard cops cant really charge you with anything unless your got over 10 pills on you.

8)

oooyeee said:
door people know who the undercover's are-I heard that police have to tell owner's that they are going undercover? Is that true? Also-i heard cops cant really charge you with anything unless your got over 10 pills on you.

I personally don't know myself what happens in and within the undercover police world, as with 99.9% of other people. But I don't believe for 1 second that you can't be charged for having less than 10 pills....they're pills...'society' hates pills. They're schedule 1. up there with H. you got any ono you, they'll most likely charge you with something if they can be bothered. They may not charge you if in a club because there's bigger fish to fry, but seriously....you're down the road..pull out a pill for your mate in front of a street cop.....exactly.

I'm not sure about the cops having to tell the clubs...maybe they do, but wouldn't it be highly counter productive????

not having a go at you :D , just putting forward some conjectory points ;)

oooyeee said:
Good thread peoples.

A couple of years ago a Melbourne club was raided and people were forced to be strip-searched!!! IMAGINE THAT! The clubber's got compo for it, later on i think. That caused alot of controversy, etc.

Like Boomslang said-the owner's, door people know who the undercover's are-I heard that police have to tell owner's that they are going undercover? Is that true? Also-i heard cops cant really charge you with anything unless your got over 10 pills on you.

8)

Mate, the owners and bouncers don't know who the undercovers are. They might be on good terms with the cops, but they sure as hell don't know when there's undercovers.

They might make educated guesses - and guess what, those guesses are as probably as wrong as your guesses.

And as for the Tasty raid, yep they did all get compo, the average payout was around $10,000....and I missed it by 10 minutes.

Mate, the owners and bouncers don't know who the undercovers are. They might be on good terms with the cops, but they sure as hell don't know when there's undercovers.

That depends entirely on the area in question. Round these parts, if out for the night, it's quite usual to be told before they arrive or at least as soon as they attempt to get in for free by flashing a badge ;) Of course I don't imagine for one minute that this is how larger operations are staged, but out in the far flung colonies new behavior or people usually tend to stand out. Once at one of our own parties, as soon as they arrived, security marched the boss over and introduced him to me... 8( ...those free drink cards sure came in handy =D %)

True p_h, but I suppose to put it more clearly, I don't believe if there's a "true" undercover sting happening the club will be told, however if the boys are just coming in for their usual "night-out" then yep, they'd be well known. I know we've always looked after the lads as well.

Of course there's always rumours about, and if you're in well with the locals, then there may be a mention of "increased activity" over the weekend.

I remember many moons ago at one of Melbourne's finest establishments there used to be arguments between the cops on duty as to who would head to the club on the Sunday afternoons....as whoever was working the shift would rock up on their bikes in full uniform, park out the front, take up a position by the bar and then get feed and "watered" for free all afternoon and well into the night.

How those boys found their bikes at the end of the night, let alone rode home was beyond me. 8o

An undercover tale.

this happenened about 7 years ao.

A few of the boys around Byron/ Mullum made friends with a dreaded guy with tats..mellow as ..and eventually let their guards down. These boys grew a bit of herb. This guy hung around for 6 months..and went out on the piss with the boys..after the pub where the mull and condiments come out he would decline a smoke but would ask for a bud for the morning.Didn't smoke when he was pissed he said.

My mate has to go to the cop shop on another matter and see's the dreadlocked tattoed undercover talking to the head detective.Good timing for my mate who had never really trusted the undercover..as he had a few previous run ins with the law and was very careful about who knew what he did.He spread the word but for some it was too late.

Everyone who gave this guy a bud or 2 was raided over the next few years..he collected a lot of infomation.Some were caught with fuck all..one guy with 400 plants and a heap of hash oil..a year or so after giving the undercover some mull and sharing a few tales over a few drinks..not smart behaviour but a big price was paid by a few.
You can never tell..these guys were not silly..the undercover was quite smart about how he acted.

Beware of those you dont KNOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

MD

Last edited:
Yeah there's good reason why many Byronites are possibly a little more paranoid than the average Aussie user. At any time it seems, but particularly holiday time, there are a lot of police around. It's an interesting blend; the mixture of local and state politics which determines that Byron Bay should recieve such police attention when other "More Active" areas, only a few miles away seem to receive little, relatively speaking.

Like anywhere, where there's beach front there's money and where there's money there's attention. NSW state authorities would probably like nothing more than for the hippies to literally retreat to the hills. Byron is certainly unique in many regards, not least in the anti-development movement which has to date prevented most proposals which would have seen it turned into another Gold Coast with limited public beach access 8(

Byron has a wonderful air of individuality about it. Free spirited, harmonious with nature and in every way diverse. But underneath it all there is a social struggle often defined by drugs. This seems to be reflected in the gaurded or distrustful approach displayed by many locals towards visitors. This fear is not created out of nothing. It is the expected result from a direct assault upon a way of life, which in many ways dominates the region.

^^ Cheers for the story! There's proof that undercovers aren't such clean cut individuals that they stick out anywhere (ie tattoos & dreads)...

You don't know if anyone actually saw him get stoned did they Microdotted?

Im sure any police reading this are having a good old chuckle about the speculation that gets thrown around...however maybe not, theres alot of useful information here... as my aunt and uncle are cops i know for a fact that if u put them in plain clothing and had them walking around a club...you would not be able to know they were undercover...having said that wouldnt there be mannerisms that u could pick up on? (sober mind u =D ) im not talking about people who seem out of place...im talking reactions to situations within the club....if u watched enough youd find em...mind u....why waste the time unless your dealing ? other then that this is a GREAT thread full of info=D

but think of this.. a cop could take drugs to befriend dealers/users then deny it at court. any admission made by the dealer or witnesses charged would be nullified due to the intoxication of the person..

or am i wrong?

Thanx 4 replying so soon.

Pyschadelic-none taken
:) Thats okay-coz like i said I was told these things, and didnt no 4 a fact. Im not the one 2 believe so gullably-so I thought Id clear the air.

BENT- one of my friends-was locked up that night-and got strip-searched- and a coppa was looking for drugs with a plastic glove-up u know where.

That is humiliating. I would rather go 2 jail then 2 have face'n that humilitation.

I'm not sure if it was brought up in this topic already (I cant be arsed sifting through seven pages :p ), but if you ask someone if they are an undercover cop, dont they have to say yes if they are. Its just that whenever I see people buy drugs (I never do, that would be illegal.....), thy always say "Are you a cop?" and vice versa to make sure. If a person walks up to me and says "Got any pills mate?" and I ask if he is a cop. If he says no, and I provide one, is it entrapment? I've always wondered about this.

PS. I'm in New South Wales. I assume laws vary state to state.

Jimity said:
I'm not sure if it was brought up in this topic already (I cant be arsed sifting through seven pages :p ), but if you ask someone if they are an undercover cop, dont they have to say yes if they are.

Nah mate, its not true and thats not entrapment =D

Spend the time reading the 7 pages...it really isn't that hard or long and repetative questions that are myths get extremely annoying very quickly.