• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

At Dinner With an Undercover Narcotics Detective

^^welcome to bluelight

a gentleman i recently studied psychology with works for the AFP, and while he clearly stated there were things he was not allowed to discuss with us, he did mention once that even in small places like canberra there are plain clothed/undercover police attending small events. i quite enjoy having a look at the crowds whilst out, straight or no, and we both concluded one evening that spotting undercovers accurately is as likely as a sensible episode of big brother.

fun_lovess said:
Oh, and i also remembered a little thing, back last year when i was in a very prominent club - freo, off my chops chewing a lollypop (it wasnt like an event or anything, so i'd say me and my friend looked a little out of place - more people drinking there than anything id say) and i was a little out of it, looking for my friend when i walked past a guy in a fairly quiet area, not a lot of people there and he stopped me and ask why i was chewing a lolly pop - thinking immediately "shit, im holding 10 extras in my pocket"... [a couple more for me and a few other friends to have later in the night]...i replied with "cos im hungry =D " and he started asking questions like - oh right, i dont suppose youre sellin any cos i'm not enjoyin myself here tonight, coulda ya happen to hook me up?" and i looked up at him blankly as if i didnt know wot he was talking about and at that time my friend swung by and grabbed me and took me off to the other end of the club.
She thought he looked suss, and so did i - mind you i was mid peak during the encounter so i dunno how valid my assumption was, however.........

HE WAS WEARING FLANNEL!!!!!!!!!!! 8o 8o 8o

he might have been wearing flannel but you were in Freo!!!
:D

fun_lovess said:
Im sure this is quite common in clubs and in one in particular im talking about, my mate used to be one of the people who was authorised to deal in the club, for the club, with a percantage of the profits allowed to go back to him. The more you sell, the more you're allowed to get at a reduced price and therefor a bigger profit you can make for yourself. The owners of the club chose people to deal and those little dealers would squeal on anyone unauthorised they saw dealing - like small time dealers who wanted to make a buck in the club that night. But it meant that profits were kept in the club, and the others risked the chance of being paid a visit by a coppa, or kicked out and barred, in not a nice manner.

Amen, I pretty much have a story that goes a lot like that one..... Ive seen a "so-called" Dealer beat the shit outta some little kid who was trying to make a quick buck... all the bouncers just stood and watched and allowed it to happen right in front of me and many other patrons.

It was rather distrubing.. but it seemed the "Dealer" was allowed to beat up this poor kid and eventually the bouncers picked up the bloody boy and threw him out. Whilst he was outside the club he was screaming about how the "Dealer" had drugs etc and why was he getting kicked out etc etc.

It seems the club had some sorta lady or support person to try and calm the boy down and they encouraged him to move away from the door and keep the whole incident quiet....

Interesting needless to say....

One more time, for those who think cops won't take drugs on duty.

It's brain-bending to consider that this cop, as part of his duties, took drugs that most people that frequent this site wouldn't touch.

'Abandoned' undercover cop sues police
August 20, 2005

LIFE as an undercover cop was a wild ride for Robert Ridley but in July 1992, as he sat down with drug dealers to smoke a cannabis joint laced with heroin, he realised how much he had changed.

He believed his undercover roles of drug dealer or outlaw bikie had overtaken reality - that of a senior constable with a wife and friends outside the shadowy world he inhabited.

He has alleged in a civil suit against the State Government that the NSW Police's lack of psychological support resulted in a spiral into depression, anxiety, paranoia and drug and alcohol dependence.

The toll allegedly occurred during four strenuous years from 1990 with the Special Forces Undercover Unit where Mr Ridley masqueraded as a bikie and drug dealer.

His claim, being heard in the District Court, has revealed one former officer's view of how the force handled its undercover operatives.

In his opening statement for Mr Ridley, Rick Burbidge QC alleged the force's lack of psychological support left his 42-year-old client battling demons and culminated in a full emotional breakdown, ending Mr Ridley's career.

Before the 1992 heroin incident, there were few drugs Mr Ridley had not tried in the line of duty - taking them had become part and parcel of ensuring his cover was not blown.

The day he snorted "a huge line of speed" straight off a hunting knife held under his nose by a member of the Rebels Motorcycle Gang still lived with Mr Ridley, Mr Burbidge said.

He worked as many as seven operations at a time - and struggled to remember his cover stories.

"It was quite difficult during the course of a shift to remember which drug you were buying sometimes," Mr Ridley said when briefly taking the stand yesterday.

Living under the constant threat of being discovered, he was also on the receiving end of his colleagues' high-powered rifles during arrests and was once kicked unconscious by an officer unaware he was an undercover agent.

Mr Burbidge alleged that, despite his client raising concerns, the only time he was sent to a psychologist was at his superior - Detective Inspector Mick Drury's - request.

"No advice of any kind was forthcoming in relation to his growing problem with alcohol and drugs," Mr Burbidge said.

Mr Ridley had spent the past 13 years looking over his shoulder, waiting for a contract killer to find him after one of his targets, Russian gangster Alex Nuchimov, put a price on his head.

The Russian heroin dealer was arrested in 1992 following a 12-month undercover operation.

Mr Ridley and his first wife went into witness protection but the matter worsened when Nuchimov escaped two years later.

The case continues on Monday.

From News.com.au/Daily Telegraph

Cops may spread myths themselves, such as the entrapment one and myth that all d's stand around studying others. That would suit them fine.

But how many d's really dance the dance while on class A's?

good post! alot of them arent bad people they just do there job and keep our lives balanced in alot of wayys... if there were no cops it would be caos

well one of my friends dads is an ex-undercover he got kicked off the force for growing a crop (of sizeable quantity) not on his property to support his cocaine addiction he seemed to be hinting that they dont care if he grew in his backyard because he's got about 6 plants there and assures me he will never get done for them

cops do care about the little guy though so be careful what u say to anyone otherwise u might be taken down to the station for some rough questioning about your dealers

undercovers are different to the plain clothes police (the obvious ones u spot) in clubs and pubs as they are their for a variety of reasons they tend to hang near the bar watching for people slipping stuff in drinks

undercovers do not usually frequent pubs or clubs unless they're following a target

they are highly trained the best of them like my friends dad who smokes cones every day and uses speed as well can take most drugs u'll see them turn down the harder ones but this isnt sus alot of people turn down various drugs due to personal preference and alot of cops use speed and will use this to cover the fact they dont use pills (it affects their work ability to much)

its always a wonderful experience to talk to an undercover when their off duty and im sure it made ur dinner enjoyably rememberable could u imagine sitting down and smoking cones with one its 10 times more fun im not sure if ur discussion was open (he knew u were gleaning him for info or not) and if he knew u were a drug user

Miss X - undercover cop posted to the gutter
By Leonie Lamont
March 7, 2006

FOR six years, Miss X was a drug dealer. She tuned into the wavelength of criminals and talked the talk from the gutter up. She even had a wardrobe to match, recalling her "cocaine clothes, heroin clothes, hash clothes".

In reality, Miss X, as the court has called her, was an undercover policewoman attached to the Drug Squad, given the task of befriending and betraying dealers. While her six-year stint started more than 25 years ago, her negligence case in the Supreme Court is still so sensitive that the Commissioner of Police yesterday intervened.

Miss X, now 56, a career officer until she was medically discharged in 1996, "burnt out" and suffering from depression and adjustment disorder, is suing the NSW Police for unlimited damages claiming the police were negligent in their management of her psychological wellbeing while she was undercover, and later.

Yesterday, she told the Supreme Court that when she joined in 1974 "women didn't have handcuffs, guns or batons". The NSW Women's Police Force, as opposed to the men's service, the NSW Police, were a prim and proper bunch, and her duties were to deal with women and children.

In the late 1970s she was transferred to undercover work.

The extent of her training was being "given a drug price list and told how important it was to learn drug prices, and I watched what the men did, and I guess learned".

"I found it a real challenge to be able to pit my wits against cunning and hardened criminals and beat them hands down.

"In hindsight I see how lonely it was, but at the time I loved it. The only [jobs] for women was school lecturing or work as a women's police officer."

Eventually, she was living her persona of drug dealer around the clock. There was no counselling or debriefing. With most of her professional life spent undercover, or in surveillance during stints with the National Crime Authority, when she returned to mainstream policing as second in charge of detectives at a metropolitan station she felt totally unprepared. Her barrister, Bruce Stratton, QC, said she spoke to her superiors and their reply was that she would pick it up on the job.

Mr Stratton said the problems of stress were well known to the police force during that era, and it should have foreseen how the long and irregular hours and dangerous activities required counselling.

The hearing continues.

From Sydney Morning Herald

There was recently a case in Hobart where an off duty, un-uniformed police officer was on a night out and fairly intoxicated
He asked a patron at a club if he could get him pills for $
The guy went off and got him a couple, to which the police officer tried to arrest him
(Not sure of the details off the top of my head as to whether he arrested him himself or rang others etc but am pretty sure he tried to arrest him himself)

The guy was prosecuted for drug possession or trafficking but the case was thrown out because the judge had said that the off duty police officer that was drunk and on a night out was NOT exercising any sort of duty and he had just spontaneously decided to try and arrest him, without exercising any right or duty