• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Are drugs fun or do you turn to them in despair?

drugs really are shit, should only be used in moderation and probably best if someone else has control over it

Literally peaks immediately and slowly degrades from there. I watched these videos on addiction for a class once where they said drugs are “the bomb” , they explode right on top of your life’s hierarchy of goals. They eradicate your dreams first and work their way down from there taking out all the things you would have accomplished friends family’s eventually shelter food and necessities last. Pretty crazy cus I know at least for me, when I went full retard at 15 I completely stopped caring about my future probably before anything else
Reading that metalicas master of puppets came to mind . I started crank at 15 got kicked out of high school then as soon as i turned 18 continuation school kicked me out . I was lucky i started driving a truck at 187 would go from northen california to the fruit warehouses in LA i used crank to work

Eating THC distillate made me and several others all convinced we were going die. Not fun at all consuming pure THC on its own without the other active components in weed/hash imo.
I know what you mean. Also though consider: Δ9 THC is converted to 11-hydroxy-THC during first pass metabolism. The effects of this cannabinoid are different from Δ9 THC.

Well i use certain drugs like Opioids everyday just to function, cuz without them im in so much pain i cant even work to make a living. When i started my drug use it was purely recreation and fun. Then it became very spiritual for me when i got into psychedelics, life changing. And as time went by i got heavily into Dissociatives and now its a bit of both.

Using them to heal me emotionally after alot of trauma and as a bit of escapism when im in the midsts of a binge. But they are also powerful enlightening tools when i take them occasionally in large doses, chasing the hole. Id like to get back into mainly using psychedelics again, monthly. And ease off the Dissos, but im just not there yet.
You'll get there. You can do it. I know you want it, but remove the static from your life that keeps you from attaining a better life for yourself with what fleeting time you have left in this life, like all of us. Life is short. Make it count.

Soberity, is not an option. Ever.
Psssh, sobriety is kid's stuff. Literally. Don't forget that. You can always do sobriety if need be. It's not that fucking bad. It's just boring to certain people like you and me, so we avoid it like the plague it is to us. The difference between failing at this and not becoming another statistic is to be practical, reasonable, responsible, courteous to others, and – this is my real touch here – diversified in drug use. Don't ever focus or obsess on one specific drug or drug group as it will consume you. Vary your intake, avoiding tolerance and you'll avoid dependency. Vary what drugs you take and they'll take care of you. Otherwise you'll get sucked into a vortex if you obsess on just one group, ya feel me?

First it was fun, then to cope, now it is just a requirement for existence
Ween yourself down, and stop chasing the high you'll never catch. There are better, stronger, more effective ways to cope and, in turn, be successful. The greatest form of revenge is success. You know what to do and you have the strength and courage to do it. All you have to do is believe in yourself, and exercise self-discipline, a clear cut strategy, and a laser focus on sticking to it. You'll feel so much better once you've done this. Trust me. Don't tell anyone about it either. You'll just box yourself in. Just fucking silently do it and beast out. Now is your time to shine. But if none of this applies, be superfly and let it glide right off ya. Much love and respect either way.

Last edited:
Do you tiptoe thru the tulips when you know you are going to "do"drugs? Or are you sat there with a thousand yard stare taking drugs to try and escape from your miserable, worthless fucking life?
Bit of both really. Happy to have to have some and the lead up to taking then the realisation why I’m doing what I’m doing.

Sigh.

In Finnish is that: "PS 'why' makes you think about all the things you don't want to think about."?

I actually copy-pasted it into a translator. Isn't it sad that most people appear to think that too much effort?

Some Finnish idioms would be welcome.

I actually copy-pasted it into a translator. Isn't it sad that most people appear to think that too much effort?

Some Finnish idioms would be welcome.
Yes, there are definitely some good ones: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Finnish_proverbs

That's more or less what I was going for. XD

.Sorry about any mistakes. I'm not exactly fluent . obviously I was trying to say 'what makes you think'
No worries; it's not an easy language to pick up.

Yes, there are definitely some good ones: https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Finnish_proverbs

No worries; it's not an easy language to pick up.

Those seem wise and sensible. Check out Dutch idioms - We will certainly get that piglet washed (We zullen dat varkentje wel even wassen) is one of my favourites. Porcine cleanliness is evidently at the heart of Dutch culture.

I know what you mean. Also though consider: Δ9 THC is converted to 11-hydroxy-THC during first pass metabolism. The effects of this cannabinoid are different from Δ9 THC.

You'll get there. You can do it. I know you want it, but remove the static from your life that keeps you from attaining a better life for yourself with what fleeting time you have left in this life, like all of us. Life is short. Make it count.

Psssh, sobriety is kid's stuff. Literally. Don't forget that. You can always do sobriety if need be. It's not that fucking bad. It's just boring to certain people like you and me, so we avoid it like the plague it is to us. The difference between failing at this and not becoming another statistic is to be practical, reasonable, responsible, courteous to others, and – this is my real touch here – diversified in drug use. Don't ever focus or obsess on one specific drug or drug group as it will consume you. Vary your intake, avoiding tolerance and you'll avoid dependency. Vary what drugs you take and they'll take care of you. Otherwise you'll get sucked into a vortex if you obsess on just one group, ya feel me?

Ween yourself down, and stop chasing the high you'll never catch. There are better, stronger, more effective ways to cope and, in turn, be successful. The greatest form of revenge is success. You know what to do and you have the strength and courage to do it. All you have to do is believe in yourself, and exercise self-discipline, a clear cut strategy, and a laser focus on sticking to it. You'll feel so much better once you've done this. Trust me. Don't tell anyone about it either. You'll just box yourself in. Just fucking silently do it and beast out. Now is your time to shine. But if none of this applies, be superfly and let it glide right off ya. Much love and respect either way.

Definitely bro. The revenge thing is what drove me to get off the streets and eventually have my own business. Ten years of chasing a goal. Once realized though , I sort of drifted back to limbo again. I’m at a bit of a crossroads now. I worked so hard 70 hours a week for ten years and told myself that’s what successful people do, and I do believe that but starting to think I’m killing myself for something I’ll never get to enjoy and perhaps better to spend these years (30)s doing things I want as well not just grinding. Also lots of body pain from manual labor. I agree with everything you said though and have said these same things to a lot of people. I think you need to suffer to understand that working ain’t that bad. Then you need a goal, for me just seeing people run their own business and make 3-4 grand a week was enough to get my attention and then I just did my best to learn and treat other people’s company’s like they were mine so I’d be used to that if I got my own business and eventually did

Check out Dutch idioms - We will certainly get that piglet washed (We zullen dat varkentje wel even wassen) is one of my favourites. Porcine cleanliness is evidently at the heart of Dutch culture.
Way ahead of you – I love Dutch idioms and phraseology. Yes, there's an obsession with animals, from pigs to apes. Here are some of my faves:
  • Feestvarken – Pig-feast, literally "feast pig"
  • DeAap – The Ape
  • Apetrots – Monkey proud (very proud)
  • Apenstaartje – “@”, literally “little monkey tail”.
  • Sfeerspons – Atmosphere Sponge (a party pooper)
  • Windhond – Greyhound, literally "wind hound"
  • Zeewolf – Similar to catfish
  • Zeeduivel – Monkfish
  • Vleermuis – Bat. literally "wingmouse"
  • Helaas Pindakaas – "too bad, peanut cheese" (peanut butter)
Here's an interesting Nipponese word:
  • Ikaguy – the intersection of what you love, what you’re good at, what the world needs, and what will get you paid.
On the subject of psychedelic drugs, from Greek we get:
  • Psychezymic – "Mind-fermenting"
  • Psycherhexic – "Mind-bursting-forth"