• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Are drugs fun or do you turn to them in despair?

Moreover, any burnt organic material produces Benzo(a)Pyrene (BaP), which is a known carcinogen. Everything from tobacco, paper, cannabis, anything burned and smoked / drawn into the lungs will introduce BaP to your lungs and eventually there’s a high chance it will cause lung cancer. Chimney sweeps in 19th century London would often get testicular cancer owing to their proximity of waste high chimneys sputtering up soot and ash. And burnt steak is correlated to stomach cancer and colorectal cancer.

So I get what you’re saying for sure. But my question is this: why does vaporized cannabis make me cough harder and more frequently than smoked cannabis? Like I can smoke a blunt or a joint, no problems, hardly any coughing. I can smoke a bowl, bubbler, and most bongs with similar results, although a giant bong rip might cause me to cough here and there. But any concentrate, dabs, hashish, budder, any vape pen, and any vaporized flowers, they all seem to tickle my throat and cause massive coughing.

While that does happen, I can’t co-sign the “always” part as I’ve seen, known, and am a responsible drug user with well over two decades experience with all kinds of hard drugs, soft drugs, psychedelic drugs, pharmaceutical drugs, street drugs, designer drugs, research chemicals, homegrown and professionally crafted compounds and everything in between them. My girlfriend is the same way and I have about a dozen friends who are all more or less the same way [EDIT: on reflection, it’s more like two to three dozen if I include friends who’ve had problems in the past and now avoid certain substances], all of us range in age from late thirties to early 50s, and generally have our lives together. I’m just putting that out there for whatever it’s worth.

Makes you “gip internally”? I kinda get the gist of what you’re saying from context alone, but what exactly does “gip” mean here?
Gag, cringe, puke, make ya lip think it’s smelled shit.

Yeah, I sense vapes are healthier for me, but I'd really like to hear thoughts on that queston too
For me this is just a gut instinct. I tried dabbing some 99% pure THC… the shit looked like crack or something… pure white, didn’t have any smell or taste to speak of, it was just so unbelievably overwhelmingly harsh that I’ve never coughed harder in my life, and I instantly started sweating profusely and nearly collapsed. I seriously think I burned the insides of my lungs in a terrible manner that day. And I realized two things: 1. coughing that hard cannot be good for a person. 2. concentrate is bullshit without flavor. I smoke cannabis for the high, sure, but the flavor is so integral to the enjoyment of said high, that I‘m just not sure how I failed to notice this before, and I immediately felt foolish for not respecting this obvious, unspoken law.

Starts fun and ends in sorrow if u have no self control.
Yes self-discipline can go key for some ppl. Easier for some and harder for others. And it’s also about courtesy. Fucking up makes it harder for the rest of us who know how to tie one on and still be responsible.

i quit most drugs thank god… for me they were/are NO longer fun. Too many ODs, hospital visits, and plenty other consequences.
Drugs. They’re not for everyone.

I pretty much only smoke now (when I want) or use psychs for my mental health.
Fair enough.

Last edited:
Despair. After my husband passed i just wanted to escape reality
Sorry for your loss.

Consider: there’s mental escapism and emotional escapism, and very often the two have quite a bit of overlap on the Venn diagram. I mention this though because, for me, attempts to mentally escape problems leave me emotionally vulnerable to them. Attempts to emotionally escape leave me mentally vulnerable. Obviously there’s no real, actual escape from these things.

Anesthesia and analgesia can help us avoid physical pain sometimes, but the only emotional anesthesia I know of is: comedy. Truly, comedy anesthetizes the emotions and allows us to laugh at ourselves and the absurdity of life’s jumbling together pain and pleasure, agony and ecstasy, the good with the bad, beneficent evil, yin yang.

Maybe we are all the same, one soul. Maybe there is only one of us.

“Today a young man on acid realized that we are all one consciousness, experiencing itself subjectively; that all matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration; there is no such thing as death; life is only a dream and we’re the imagination of ourselves… Now here’s Tom with the weather.”​
—Bill Hicks

Finally, I must admit that I'm a clinical addict, due to being prescribed dihydrocodeine, pregabalin and lorazepam on a regular basis, but there's absolutely no shame in that...

Not much fun if you need them. Of course, maybe something more potent than DHC is appropriate? While methadone has it's uses, it is so cardiotoxic (as you know) but oxycodone is no in vogue, is the first-line 'strong opioid' on the analgesic ladder and really does seem to help me.

I quite liked Diconol although I NEVER use pins and never have. But it's onset (when pills crushed in mouth & on an empty stomach) is pretty brisk,

Apart from oxycodone, the ONLY UK opioids I haven't tried are meptazinol which is a mixed agonist and so not much good and hydromorphone.(Pallidone). Oral bioavailability is low but simple to avoid.

I tried hydrocodone while I was in the US and the UK really needs it. Something between codeine/DHC and morphine. Used a little trick involving the ketone to extract it from the compound medication and got about 120mg of it. It's really useful.

Apart from oxycodone, the ONLY UK opioids I haven't tried are meptazinol which is a mixed agonist and so not much good and hydromorphone.(Pallidone). Oral bioavailability is low but simple to avoid.

You tried Tapentadol? Would be interested in hearing your experiences with it

For me this is just a gut instinct. I tried dabbing some 99% pure THC… the shit looked like crack or something… pure white, didn’t have any smell or taste to speak of, it was just so unbelievably overwhelmingly harsh that I’ve never coughed harder in my life, and I instantly started sweating profusely and nearly collapsed. I seriously think I burned the insides of my lungs in a terrible manner that day. And I realized two things: 1. coughing that hard cannot be good for a person. 2. concentrate is bullshit without flavor. I smoke cannabis for the high, sure, but the flavor is so integral to the enjoyment of said high, that I‘m just not sure how I failed to notice this before, and I immediately felt foolish for not respecting this obvious, unspoken law.

Eating THC distillate made me and several others all convinced we were going die. Not fun at all consuming pure THC on its own without the other active components in weed/hash imo.

I find skunk to be too much in the absence of benzodiazepines and opioids. it's a pity the work of that Greek medicinal chemist are now banned. I think simplified versions were in the original 'Spice' and not the rubbish of god knows what is in it now... different every time, just blows your mind away and IMHO should be in Class A of the UK's MoDA.

Note that the upper ompound CP-47,497 ≈ 200 x Δ9 THC

With the Greek modification, the compound is ≈ 800 x Δ9 THC
For one extra methylene. OK it's cyclic and that whole molecule is an exercise in what Derek Lowe terms 'the fundamentalist methodology of welding together carbon atoms'.

I mean, how would you attack the problem. Adding the chiral cyclohexanol isn't too bad (protect phenol as methoxy ether or even a methoxymethyl ether (-O-CH2-O-CH3) if conditions are mild. di-esterification of either of the two compounds would lower MP and increase solubility

I don't know if the Greek chemist was working with the US military but it's interesting to wonder. I would not want to be in a room with the Greek design. I found it in a Greek patent.

Well i use certain drugs like Opioids everyday just to function, cuz without them im in so much pain i cant even work to make a living. When i started my drug use it was purely recreation and fun. Then it became very spiritual for me when i got into psychedelics, life changing. And as time went by i got heavily into Dissociatives and now its a bit of both.

Using them to heal me emotionally after alot of trauma and as a bit of escapism when im in the midsts of a binge. But they are also powerful enlightening tools when i take them occasionally in large doses, chasing the hole. Id like to get back into mainly using psychedelics again, monthly. And ease off the Dissos, but im just not there yet.

Soberity, is not an option. Ever.

Coke is funwhen you just got it and walked out dealers car with a tenth or eighth but then later despair as that bag gets smaller so do the lines
Literally peaks immediately and slowly degrades from there. I watched these videos on addiction for a class once where they said drugs are “the bomb” , they explode right on top of your life’s hierarchy of goals. They eradicate your dreams first and work their way down from there taking out all the things you would have accomplished friends family’s eventually shelter food and necessities last. Pretty crazy cus I know at least for me, when I went full retard at 15 I completely stopped caring about my future probably before anything else