• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine - The Drug You Learn to Hate

^^^^^^ yeah.

I kinda want to read that, but how in the bloody textwall buttfuck are my poor eyeballs supposed to sort all that out?!

Stage 1 of Amphetamine Use - During this stage, amphetamine will be at its hedonic peak; the pleasure of taking amphetamine will not get any higher from this point on. The most notable feelings are a "lovey" feeling, powerful euphoria, increased motivation, deep philosophical thinking, strong feelings of "lust", etc.

Length of phase: 1-3 days with binge usage; 5-10 days with daily usage; About 5-15 uses total if used sparingly with atleast several days inbetween doses.

pffffft. well, I guess I blew that one outta the water then. I was hi as a freakin' kite last night, definitely had a "lovey" feeling, always have increased motivation, I try to avoid deep thinking because that just gets you in trouble, and strong feelings of "lust" aka I wanted to hump the cat.

Oh....but I've been using for about 2 years, every single day. Hmmmmmm....

... he is unable to manage his irritability (most likely due to a complete diminishment of serotonin....

ahhhhhmmm, I uh...don't think one can LIVE without serotonin. And with meth, I'd be a wee bit more worried about my old buddy dopamine & his little receptors...but wtf do I know...?

Body Load

I'll take two, plz.

"word salad"

alphabet soup?

...honestly...the whole post is either one person's personal experience (which is REALLY unfortunate, by golly) or something that the media makes up to scare people into believing that "meth is the DEVIL!!!" had this thread started out with "this is totally my personal experience and/or opinion of meth usage" I might have skipped making this post...but to even claim that there's a shred of factual evidence in that hub-bub is just...fuckery.

"oh that damn mef, that drug, it made my son bobby go nuttier than a squirrel turd! i rekon he's a homo now, too, cuz, you know them homos and how they feed that drug to strait boys cuz it makes em homos..."

it saddens me that people are so "sheep-like" and believe anything they hear.

WHY do you think you never hear about "successful meth users?"

BECAUSE WE AREN'T TELLING ANYBODY. duh.

Yo, I know I put a huge-ass post on here the other day...I mean, I was never into uppers seriously hardcore, but I had my phases, and I've felt the effects, especially mentally/psychologically. Just putting my own take on it out there, but yeah, if I was ever addicted to anything, it would have been weed, which got mixed up with amphetamines at various times. Just was reading through this thread, and it hit me to talk about my personal experience. I know it's a text-fuck, my bad, I'm new to this, just trying to relate everything.

I do think this site is mad helpful, it helps me rationalize my own experiences, and I want to help anyone else out there trying to think things through.

Also, I saw some post on here about how you get that sort of 'high' feeling about wanting to do uppers again - yeah, that shit was spot on with me when I tried that shit again for a month-to-month-and-a-half after a half-year break, I just didn't think it would be a big deal, and I'm doing pretty much fine now, but it made me quit everything, so yeah, wasn't expecting that, might have been a blessing in disguise, definitely has saved me money from my chronic pothead days. Just trying to build back the muscle I lost after stopping my work-outs for a few months post-last-amphetamine-usage, planning to do that the rest of the summer, the more I get back the better I feel, still not even halfway back to the 215 I was at from where I was a month ago...and then planning to just get bigger from there, since this is my life minus drugs now. Natural endorphins are where it's at, definitely makes me question why I was wasting all my time with pot, etc. to start out with. At least I got stories.

And...clearly, my story comes from the non-prescribed, totally trying this shit out on your own one-and-two, take, so, take that for what it is. I'm not pretending the shit I did would have ever been medically sanctioned, although I've avoided serious medical consequences, fortunately. Never had ADHD, just a temporary strain of laziness brought on by smoking pot all the time and having bitch-ass teachers/classes before.

If I could do it all over again, I just would have stopped smoking pot when I was a freshman or sophomore in college after my long honeymoon with that green substance. By that point I had already been as high as I had ever gotten, off of bongs, vaporizers, whatever, and the only reason, as far as I know, considering I've never had difficulty doing work totally sober, that I did amphetamines to begin with was because of my pot habit, and not wanting to stop smoking pot even though I had plenty of shit to do. Multitasking in the drug world is pointless from a recreational perspective, at least in terms of actually trying to accomplish things in the material world, in my opinion. Sobriety is the inevitable trump card for dealing with life.

Last edited:
Multitasking in the drug world is pointless from a recreational perspective, at least in terms of actually trying to accomplish things in the material world, in my opinion. Sobriety is the inevitable trump card for dealing with life.

True that. We as people are not meant to venture so far from our own persona. Even amphetamine (which feels like clarity) greatly alters us.

Is there any guide to tapering off of adderall anywhere on this site or otherwise? I've searched and searched to no avail!

I've been taking adderall for almost 12 years after being prescribed in college and now, 12 years later, I know I don't need it anymore, know it actually makes me feel worse rather than better and, frankly, seems to have made me less "productive" in the past few years rather than more "productive" (as far as it doing what it is supposed to be doing). Regardless I know I want to get off of it but need a significant amount of help for something I've been taking for a dozen years, now up to about 90mg a day every single day. I found one tapering plan on a website online, but I can't tell how reputable it is and there's certainly no one vouching for it on a forum, like one might see here.

Anyway, any help in any way would be much appreciated, particularly pointing me in the right direction with regards to how to find information on how to kick this nasty, nasty habit.

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

ahhhhhmmm, I uh...don't think one can LIVE without serotonin. And with meth, I'd be a wee bit more worried about my old buddy dopamine & his little receptors...but wtf do I know...?

Methamphetamine is more neurotoxic to 5-ht neurons as far as I know.. probably due to it's seemingly sensitive to change state it always seems to be in..

...honestly...the whole post is either one person's personal experience (which is REALLY unfortunate, by golly) or something that the media makes up to scare people into believing that "meth is the DEVIL!!!" had this thread started out with "this is totally my personal experience and/or opinion of meth usage" I might have skipped making this post...but to even claim that there's a shred of factual evidence in that hub-bub is just...fuckery.

It's obviously his (and a lot of other peoples) story on amphetamines..

I really like this thread (op's post), I'm going to save it. I think this will deter me from abusing adderall, as I love it so much but I don't want to go through these steps obviously :D

ricko yes meth is toxic to the serotonin system but on dopamine it is much more damaging mg for mg than what regular amp is aswell, mg for mg meth is more potent than regular amp at causing dopamine release and IIRC the stronger serotonin release increases hyperthermia again adding to neurotoxicity.

Masemase, amphetamines are not physically addictive drugs rather psycological - that's not to say that they aren't a hardcore drug and easy to quit, essentially you are going to experience a withdrawal upon quitting which will be characterised by fatigue, complete loss of motivation, and more often than not a depressive mood, however there are ways you can aid it including healthy lifestyle habbits (exercise, diet) and a few supplements come to mind for example tyrosine/tryptophan etc.

I encourage you to research on how to taper off amphetamines if that is your goal, thankfully its not a psyical addiction however that is not to take lightly in that amphetamines are not potentially harmful... I myself I guess you could say was, maybe still am, addicted to regular old d-amp however my usage is under control albeit I still use just more responsibly.

On a side note, damn amphetamine really opens up my brain and I find that my vocabulary becomes much more fluent and broad!

@Masemase, just wanted to offer a brief reply to your post. 90 mg a day of Adderall going into your system every single day does seem somewhat overdone, certainly by conservative standards, to say the least. If you're not getting very noticeable effects from that much, that's definitely concerning. 20 mg was honestly all I ever needed to get off my ass, and in retrospect, I'm sure 5-10mg would have more than done the trick - I was simply greedy. While physically tapering off would be the logical answer for you to get off that amount, and considering that you have been habituated to as much, I'm sure that would make the most sense to you too, nonetheless, if I just had to throw out advice, I'd say go cold turkey over the weekend, and, subsequently, resort to a very mild replacement, such as green tea, for example, for a few weeks, to help alleviate the wanting for Adderall. I don't know, I honestly myself don't even think that's offering much to you in the way of concrete help, just mainly wanted to comment that taking in that much Adderall for more than a decade (although it did sound like you've upped your dosage steadily over time, but you didn't give exact amounts, so I'm just offering broad conjecture), or, at least, by taking in 90 mg a day for presumably a few more years if you don't succeed in quitting, does seem like it would equal out to, while not leading straight to heart problems technically, the same long-term results to your heart as consuming very large amounts of caffeine or picking up a bad smoking habit, and by all means likely do as much overall damage, if not quicker and in more assured stabs. However, my long-term use of Adderall is rather minimal, but, personally, as a healthy, 20-21 year old male who worked out 5 times a week with muscle training averaging at 170-180 lbs for the majority of the time when I was on Adderall, it still seemed quite stupid on my part whenever I did over 60, or especially over 80, mg at a time - my times over 100 mg when taken together couldn't have been more than 10-12 times, I think, and, of course, that shit was just idiotic, and eventually made me want to quit drugs altogether, including caffeine. And that was with a young-ass body working that shit out of my system constantly.

Anyway, it would seem that, if you keep up on the regimen of doing 90 mg a day, I mean, where's that going to lead? Either to more of the same, which, even though it's not exactly in amounts which can definitively cause vasoconstriction with the heart, I guess (I don't really know though, I'm just mentioning that term), still, long-term, that's not going to do your body any benefits, by any means, especially with cardiac-related issues. And, the point of what I'm saying is that, if your dosage has been pushed up in the past...and you aren't really feeling the effects of 90 fucking mg, which is a large amount, then it would seem that your dosage may just be pushed up in the future, and I know for a fact that when you get into 100-120 - and, of course, though more extreme, to 150-180 - mg territory, that shit is just unseemly and unnecessary for productivity, for real. If I was a firm believer in sticking with stimulants of some kind, which I'm currently not at all because I think it's more reasonable to advocate abstinence from these substances, especially amphetamines, I would possibly say, at the very least, to switch to Vyvanse or Focalin, but, to be honest, I'd just say get out now with all speed, no pun intended. That's just my two cents, hope it goes well.

(Also, as an add-on, I really am not that knowledgeable of what the long-term effects on your body are from sustained Adderall use, I just know from what I've read up on the web, and it's usually not pretty - I understand, however, that most of these stories that I've read are from people who really fucked up with dosing, and just went on multiple, multiple binges. Of course, it does sound like you are sticking to your prescribed doses, which is a plus, but, seriously, especially since you say you want to get off it, I'd suggest reading around about the negative shit that can happen to your body from doing a lot of speed and amphetamines over time - if that doesn't make you want to quit permanently, I don't know what will - self-motivation when you realize life is going to happen anyway seems to help, at least it did for me, sorry if that seems like superficial advice).

Last edited:
I'd like to see a topic like this for every drug that precipitates a withdrawal.b informative while also being elaborate & engaging.

^ Agreed, as far as I can tell the big deal with amphetamines is not the actual withdrawal from amphetamines when your supply has utterly dried up - honestly, that's not a huge deal, in my opinion, which seems to contrast with some other hard drugs, like, obviously, heroin (which I've never done, just bringing up). The deal with amphetamines is more convincing yourself that you don't need it when you really don't for work-stuff - you just think you do because of the brain chemistry changing.

Some really great posts here probably the best amp/meth thread i've seen. I live in Australia and everyone calls crystal 'ice' but someone told me there's a difference between traditional Crystal Meth and Ice, anybody know for sure?

I have almost no experience with street amps (legal adderall user) but I remember reading about ice. Ice is something called 4-Methylaminorex (here's the wikipedia article about it). Though the term seems to have become interchangeable with crystal. I've read that actual ice has become pretty rare.

I have almost no experience with street amps (legal adderall user) but I remember reading about ice. Ice is something called 4-Methylaminorex (here's the wikipedia article about it). Though the term seems to have become interchangeable with crystal. I've read that actual ice has become pretty rare.

I think you're just wrong about that. I know a tweaker that calls meth ice all the time.

Drugs never change, we do. Good, as long as we go for the better. One can use them and get more good than bad, so it will be forever a discussion and also just a simple/another drug.