• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine - The Drug You Learn to Hate

16-32 mg/kg seems to be a quite high dose. That would translate to a 992 - 1984 mg for the average adult.

Does not appear to be relevant for therapeutic doses.
Yeah that's the problem with a lot of those studies about neurotoxicity...
For example, many of the claims about meth causing significant neurotoxicity in humans are actually based on studies where they took non-tolerant lab rats and injected them with huge doses. What's interesting is that tolerance appeared to be neuroprotective, rats that upped their dose gradually were fine IIRC.

Thank you so much for your post you have perfectly describe my experience with Adderall so far as I'm at Stage 5 now. I've been wondering why I hate taking the crap but still wake up every day and do. My current situation which you've written about perfectly reminds me of a book called The Master and his emissary I'm not smart enough to read the book myself but I've heard intelligent people make remarks about it.
The book is about how is humans have a divided brain and could have two different personalities struggling against one another. Maybe that's why I hate taking it but for some reason still do.

Couple years ago I´v read this post and found myself Phase-4. "Oh got I can never get to Phase-7.. I use scale and all kind of harm reduction, I have strickt rules to when to amphetamine (3 days breaks minimun)"
... Eh and now, about 5 years since read this post, Iam about last stage. How could that happened? (well... every of us know :D ).

But probrably I found it.
There is a way out of this shit. If found an possible scenario (tested on myself and it worked.. for now) :

- In first phase you really want to go back to normal. Firstly stop abusing amphetamine.
- But well you can not.. you need it for everyday activities! You have job, you have tasks, and you cannot acoomplish them without almost slingle line of amphetamine ( couple of them, in fact)
- So you have to quit amphetamine, but if you do it, it would ruin your life (whats remainded).
Solution which I hope works:
- Use aphetamines as you did, but in lower doses and also use another substances, which potentiates primary used AMP, or substitute part of its effect. (You have to do a lot of research to find adequate substances, which will not interfere with AMP in bad way)
- That will make you less carving for amphetamine amphetamine itself and instead redose with additional, less harmful substance ( "oh well.. today iam in stresfull situation, i have to write eassy and it is 22:00 already... I have to take amphetamine to do it .... or for this kind of task, i would try just 3-FPM, or maybe even Modafinil will be enought. )

In this way you can go like this:
--> Extreme AMP Dosages
--> HUGE AMP Dosage + medium potentioator (for example phenylpiracetam/paracetam or coluracetam )
--> Large AMP Dosage + weak potentioator/enchancer of overall effect (For example 3-FEA combinded with 3-FPM. Use high dose, but not too MUCH. WHen you do too much, it will returns you stage back)
Now a dificult step --> Medium AMP Dosage + weak potentiator in large dosages - Potentiator effect has to be more prominent than AMP (only in some ways.. every AMP/AMP substitute has it own unique headspace, so u can can see differ during trip)
--> Now you can try to swich to substitute (which cause damage in another regions tham AMP, so it can be fixed). Not permanentrly but only fo an "eaysier task".
---> now it goes all ower again, you are decreasing role of amphetamine. It can go to the point when only stims u take could be descriped like : statchs of supplements amino acids, convectional stimulants with no futher damage. Probably at this point you will be obsessed with neurochemistry and also nootropics ( probablynow you dont know what "PRL-8-53" is, but i guaeante you, that you will at this stage.

Note: Probably you will relaps multiple times ("scale brokem .. shit i have to eyeball my dosage , etc, etc"), but there is a chance to reverse most of brain and personality changes over time. And you know ... everybody relapses.

I was left totally speechless after reading your post...I'm still stunned so I apologize for lack of support or discussion...but please know one thing, this post just put my entire life and what me, and s/o, have gone through and LIVED the past year. I am no longer under "amphetamine control's I like to call it, but now at the stage where reality kicked in and I'm living and dealing with all the reprocautions of our addiction. Which is where the real struggle hits due to feelings and realizations causing extreme shame and severe disappointment in my self. Point is, your post helped me put SOOO much into perspective, and I now understand and have answers for so many unanswered questions I've been left with...literally replaying things over and over in my head desperately seeking the meaning behind so much pain and confusion our amphetamine abuse caused. Unfortunately my s/o reached the last stage you mentioned, me not so close but I was easily on my way. I pray for him every day that he recovers that he will someday be back to the person he once was...but so unbelievably afraid that permanent damage has been done to him...in every way possible. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, you literally have helped me in ways I cannot even describe. Just know, you helped change someone's outlook on their own experience and in ways changed my life, It is such a relief to know we were bot the only ones out there, your experience was our own almost word for word. Hank you again, I can breathe again...

I was left totally speechless after reading your post...I'm still stunned so I apologize for lack of support or discussion...but please know one thing, this post just put my entire life and what me, and s/o, have gone through and LIVED the past year. I am no longer under "amphetamine control's I like to call it, but now at the stage where reality kicked in and I'm living and dealing with all the reprocautions of our addiction. Which is where the real struggle hits due to feelings and realizations causing extreme shame and severe disappointment in my self. Point is, your post helped me put SOOO much into perspective, and I now understand and have answers for so many unanswered questions I've been left with...literally replaying things over and over in my head desperately seeking the meaning behind so much pain and confusion our amphetamine abuse caused. Unfortunately my s/o reached the last stage you mentioned, me not so close but I was easily on my way. I pray for him every day that he recovers that he will someday be back to the person he once was...but so unbelievably afraid that permanent damage has been done to him...in every way possible. Thank you so much for sharing this with us, you literally have helped me in ways I cannot even describe. Just know, you helped change someone's outlook on their own experience and in ways changed my life, It is such a relief to know we were bot the only ones out there, your experience was our own almost word for word. Hank you again, I can breathe again...
Hey man, you are going to win this fight (you have no other option). You will feel like a person again. Since I wrote this post I came throught this shit and was able to feel joy and energy again. I am dating, working. laughting. I am productive as ****, just because love my work. But when "stressor" came out (ive tried to graduate again) I started using AMPs again to be able to work+study+bussiness. I totaly forgot how misserable I was before, but as u replied to my post, I had to read my own post again and got it!
If I dont want to go into this hell cyrcle again, I have to take vaccation for few weeks from work and bussines (e-comerce) and focus just on my studies.. without amps. I have friend who is graduating also and he learned to force me into study, just be siting around any study by himself.
Well I still use some supplements, like tryptophan, omega, q10, phenylethilalanine (occasionalky), melatonin when cant sleep (thats happens to me after two glass of wine... weird, just like a little flashback to amp binge, but wery smooth).
Dont mind a lot about "permanent" brain damage you already have, because you fan smile, you can love. You will be just a bit slower, little bit more labile and maybe develop some type of mild psychosis (I starting to be paranoid when I got very very drunk, or seeing shadow peoples when tired.. but I started to be ok with them, unless they are looking straight to my eyes when I wake in middle of the night. THen i just throw pillow on him at it disapears).

There are also positives to survive AMP Cyrcle - on AMPS you have a lot of time to thing about things, and you discover a lot of "secrets" which you are normaly unable to see until your 60s. Lot of people I meet says that I am philosopher/genius/extremly intelectual, just because I am able to give sopishicated answer which I made during amphetamine binge.

Eric Idle - "Always Look On The Bright Side Of Life"​

Last edited:
I literally remember reading this years ago. I had to learn the hard way myself. Luckily I don’t have any brain damage, but the anxiety as well as dopamine in my brain is still not back to normal. I’m in search of ways of replenishing my dopamine levels back to normal using natural supplements. I’ve had relapses with Modafinil, and it just became a chore for me & the drug induced psychosis came and luckily went.
It’s crazy that I personally read this and I was not at stage 1, but I saw where I was headed. What you wrote is 100% on point it’s just sad how so many people learn the hard way. We can’t say we weren’t warned. I really wish if you had more time or felt like it would get this published or make it very accessible. I think if I read this at stage 1 I would have been able to see what was happening, but I was too far gone and I guess didn’t care. I’m so glad that is over with and my journey to better health and recovery is moving forward. It’s just crazy how I seen this years ago. Searched for it now and it’s still here. Anyone who sees this comment in any of the stages for what it’s worth the OP is talking about what is going to happen if you continue to abuse. ( to whomever this applies to ) spread the word.

What are the doses you guys are taking to have this type of effects?

I normally mix and drink about 30-40mg in the morning and 15-20mg in the afternoon on weekdays. How does that translate?