• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine - The Drug You Learn to Hate

yeah.. i'd say i've definitely learned to hate (meth)amphetamine. ugggghhhhh! i wish it was easy! heroin was a cake walk compared to ice. i'd give anything to go back and redo it all. but hey, 3 days clean! that's something, right?(!)

So you really can't stay at stage 1 no matter how sparsely you use amphetamine??

correct. the first time i did adderall it was probably one of the most euphoric experiences. i'll never forget that day lol. i've never been able to reach that level of euphoria again.

It's subjective IMO, I get great euphoria from d-amp still.

It's all about eating enough food, drinking enough water, getting enough sleep, vitamins and minerals, as well as well balanced amounts of exercise. This way d-amp is the most effective. Lastly, make sure to take breaks if you are using consistently most days as I am at the moment.

If you start slacking off on those other things, it becomes harder to get the full effects.

Meth and later crystal meth have been availble where I live since the mid 1980's when cocaine was too expensive for the average person to be able to afford more than enough for an 8 ball or something every weekend at the most. Weed was once grown outdoors in large amounts in my area until the early 80's when the State Police,DEA and so on began flying helicopters over the wooded areas and started to bust large plots of weed. They still do this ,but know with infared cameras which can pick up the heat signature of marijuana grows.This sadly led to the "cooking" of meth and the abuse of meth in the area. A person could make more money with $100 or so worth of chemicals than they could growing 5 or 10 plants of good sinsimilla at the time, and the cook only took 24 hours or less. In the late 90's and early 2000's crystal aka Ice became dominate in the area, in part due to the precursors of ephedrine and psuedoepehdrine being watched and know behind the counter at drug stores only, and a person has to show ID and sign for cold meds nowdays, with a monthly limit being imposed on each person..
Anyway, I have seen and personaly experienced all the stages of meth/amphetamine use and abuse in the original post and moreso I have seen family and good friends die from car wrecks, being killed over meth,etc..I prefer opiates now , but when someone has meth in hand and takes some out to smoke, I find it almost impossilbe to pass it up..

correct. the first time i did adderall it was probably one of the most euphoric experiences. i'll never forget that day lol. i've never been able to reach that level of euphoria again.

I can't deny that the first few times are great, but as time goes on you actually discover some effects and beauties that you were too noob to appreciate lol.

^lol, and what might those be? :)

Interesting thread. I've found possible to get beneficial effects from amphetamines even after having abused them. But using high doses daily or very regularly just isn't sustainable. If used for therapeutic purposes even 5mg dose increments can make them shift from positive to negative effects, in my experience.

hmm well after 7 months of use i still get some nice euphoria. sometimes its awesome and sometimes it ok. i think it depends on my setting. my schedule of use has been everywhere lol. from once a week for a few months to two days in a row, to waiting 2 or 3 days to once a week again ,ect.

the major difference these days is my comedowns got worse and worse but actually the last couple times wernt too bad. but im kind of at the stage where i still do it despite the negative comedown effects ill experience but im also still around stage 1 or 2 because i still get great euphoria.

after about 4 months of abuse however cravings have gotten sometimes to be pretty overwhelming. wheras i use to be able to be like "hmm i hav'nt taken any in a week or so so ok what the heck i'll take some" to now its like " hmm 3 days break? thats good enough i want some! nom nom nom" lol

I can't deny that the first few times are great, but as time goes on you actually discover some effects and beauties that you were too noob to appreciate lol.

don't get me wrong i still get euphoria from time to time if i take breaks, and i was really contempt on just 10mg 2x a day for awhile. but nothing comes close to that first time. i've never rolled before, but it felt like i was rolling if that makes sense. everything was just SO intense, and my typing was like 10x my normal speed, and music was the fucking shit. video games were like crack too.

I disagree; severe addiction to amphetamine leads to some very specific problems you won't get from other drugs. This is a wonderful and well-written thread that should be of use to many many people. A friend of the past recently blew his brains out with a shotgun and was without a doubt in Stage 8 as defined here.

I completely agree - there are things very specific to extreme amphetamine addiction. Amphetamines can totally fry your brain if used heavily for a long period of time - the possible permanent effects described in this thread are totally spot-on. An old friend of mine used speed heavily for about a year, and while she's gotten better since she stopped using, even after a few years she's not the same person she once was. There's just something permanently off about her. That's one reason why amphetamines have always kind of scared me - I've fucked myself up pretty bad with opiates, but besides worsening some psychological issues (and the addiction itself, of course), you don't have the neurotoxicity caused by amphetamines.

I love the idea of this. It basically describes everything there is to amphetamine. It's also very well-written and formatted. But there were some mistakes, mostly about the pharmacology of amphetamine.

Usually tolerance occurs to some extent through the downregulation of receptors, and usually also through a reduction of the release of neurotransmitter. Amphetamine tolerance does cause a downregulation of dopamine receptors like other drugs and it also involves a reduction of the release of dopamine (and to some extent, with NE and a little 5-HT). But the mechanism is slightly different.

Amphetamine is a substrate of dopamine transporter (DAT), which is the protein on the presynaptic cell that transports (reuptakes) dopamine from the synapse to inside the cell. As a substrate, it is also a competitive inhibitor. DAT confuses amphetamine for DA and reuptakes it, unlike most reuptake inhibitors (cocaine, prozac, wellbutrin, etc) which are purely inhibitors but not substrates. Inside the cell, it somehow actually reverses DAT so that it actually transports dopamine out of the cell, into the synapse, increasing synaptic transmission of dopaminergic cells. It also reverses vesicular monamine transporters (VMAT2) on the vesicle surfaces that normally transport dopamine into vesicles from the cell cytoplasm. This increases the dopamine inside the cell and DAT is reversed, so there is a HUGE increase in dopamine in the synapse and a huge increase in dopaminergic signaling. Methamphetamine does all of these but causes a much greater serotonin increase and also releases glutamate.

On the very short term, tolerance is developed to a large degree from depletion of vesicles, but also to a fair extent from downregulation of receptors and possibly downregulation of DAT. But downregulation occurs quickly and continues to happen as a binge continues or through daily use.

Furthermore, amphetamine ITSELF isn’t directly neurotoxic. It doesn’t act on pro-apoptopic receptors and it doesn’t directly do anything to harm a cell. What it does is increase release of toxic neurotransmitters and inhibit their breakdown, both by inhibition of MAO and by always pumping out of the cell where there is no MAO. Too much of any of the monoamines is usually neurotoxic and dopamine itself is a neurotoxin, being easily oxidized into its quinone, which is a free radical. Free radicals basically destroy molecules or bind to them covalently. This damages cells and can cause them to kill themselves (any cell that gets signals that it isn’t needed or harmful will try to kill itself). But “the amphetamine molecule itself” will not cause neural damage. Only indirectly via other agents.

Anyways, sorry to write so much that’s so in depth and esoteric, but I study this stuff for a living. Again, Spunky, I really liked the idea of and execution of your post and I don’t want to seem like I’m putting you down or anything for errors in pharmacology.

Sorry for the long post!
-Jaguraguguru

Thanks for that! As a bio student (and possibly neuroscience specialization) I find that stuff hugely interesting.

Threads like these are why I love Bluelight - wonderful post!

See, I read that and that was pretty disheartening. But then I read this post -

don't get me wrong i still get euphoria from time to time if i take breaks, and i was really contempt on just 10mg 2x a day for awhile. but nothing comes close to that first time. i've never rolled before, but it felt like i was rolling if that makes sense. everything was just SO intense, and my typing was like 10x my normal speed, and music was the fucking shit. video games were like crack too.

I'm not considering use anywhere even close to that level. I was thinking once every three or four months at most. I realise that it's silly to expect the first time to be recreated each time - that doesn't happen with any drug - but with such occasional use will the difference really be so big that all of a sudden it goes from "powerful euphoria" to "slight euphoria"!?

can you avoid permanent alteration of your brain with taking a certain amount of days break in between but taking it for months and months and possibly years? or will it slowly just happen? or does it only begin to permanently alter brain chemistry from daily use for months and years?

going to get adderall xr 30 mg tomorrow. for my first time, looking to get a high, should i just empty all the beads into a small baggie, crush them up with a hammer, and snort?

I'm not considering use anywhere even close to that level. I was thinking once every three or four months at most. I realise that it's silly to expect the first time to be recreated each time - that doesn't happen with any drug - but with such occasional use will the difference really be so big that all of a sudden it goes from "powerful euphoria" to "slight euphoria"!?

you'll go from powerful cocaine-like euphoria to a strong adderall euphoria. don't get me wrong you'll still be really euphoric, and you will still have fun. i'm just trying to say that the very first time i did addeall it was almost like a different drug with how tweaked and euphoric i was.

going to get adderall xr 30 mg tomorrow. for my first time, looking to get a high, should i just empty all the beads into a small baggie, crush them up with a hammer, and snort?

no the bag is porous, and some of your product will get trapped in the bag.

use 2 spoons (fit one inside the other), and then mix your powder into a warm glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach. set up a play list with some really good fast-paced music, and maybe have a few shooting games or racing games to play too. don't do any homework, cuz you really only get 1 very awesome time with this substance, so enjoy the fuck out of it lol.

Last edited:
no the bag is porous, and some of your product will get trapped in the bag.

use 2 spoons (fit one inside the other), and then mix your powder into a warm glass of water and drink it on an empty stomach. set up a play list with some really good fast past music, and maybe have a few shooting games or racing games to play too. don't do any homework, cuz you really only get 1 very awesome time with this substance, so enjoy the fuck out of it lol.

To sapphire life - You could do that or use a cellophane (just not a ziplock-type bag) to cover the beads, which should be on a plate or something, and crush however you can.

You might have to let the beads sit in water for a while before they dissolve...I've never tried this, but I have put them straight into my mouth, and they take foreever to breakdown from saliva alone.

I understand advocating taking opiates or benzos on an empty stomach, because you'll get hungry and munch out when you feel like it. Adderall is an appetite-suppressant, and you might not want to eat all day after taking it for the first time. With that in mind it wouldn't hurt to eat at least a little something before taking it.

I don't feel the effects of d-amp if I use mdma the previous day.

I've used d-amp maybe once every 2 weeks in 50mg. Recently I don't feel anything except anxiety when I drop it.

Weird? I think my body is telling me to quit using speed.

To sapphire life - You could do that or use a cellophane (just not a ziplock-type bag) to cover the beads, which should be on a plate or something, and crush however you can.

You might have to let the beads sit in water for a while before they dissolve...I've never tried this, but I have put them straight into my mouth, and they take foreever to breakdown from saliva alone.

I understand advocating taking opiates or benzos on an empty stomach, because you'll get hungry and munch out when you feel like it. Adderall is an appetite-suppressant, and you might not want to eat all day after taking it for the first time. With that in mind it wouldn't hurt to eat at least a little something before taking it.

i would probably rather trust a ziploc freezer bag over some cheap cellophane. both are gonna be slightly porous though, so unless you wanna be licking bags trying to get every mg, i'd suggest sticking with 2 spoons. nothing is more easier or hassle-free than 2 spoons.

and to OP ya make sure you have a good meal earlier in the day, but make sure you wait like 4 hours after your meal to take it. don't drink any juices, and try to avoid acidic foods as well (like fruit juices, too much ketchup, lots of simple sugars and carbs, etc.) Also make sure to stay plenty hydrated during the experience (drink a lot of water. it will help a lot), and get a good night's rest.

In the early 2000's when I used amphetamine (I'll just call it speed) it was the "base drug" for a weekend or party. Where I live, it's always available, cheap and of high quality (due to the proximity of countries producing it). In the beginning I loved it. It was euphoric and got me extremely social, getting lots of friends. Felt talkative, energetic, and ego-boosted. Didn't really matter if I also had MDMA, coke (which is extremely expensive and of poor quality here), GHB or whatever, speed was always there. The evening always started (and ended) with a line of speed. I always snorted it, and the snorting itself was addictive (I still always prefer to snort any substance although I don't use speed anymore). Usually the binge started friday after work and ended sunday evening. Usually no or very little food or any kind of nutrition and definately no sleep on the binge. When the effects of the other drugs was gone, I still kept snorting speed. Went to afterparty after afterparty, and gosh I was "speeded up". Sometimes my jaw clenching and teeth grinding was so severe I had problems even talking. When others stopped, I just kept snorting and snorting. Sometimes til I got severe nose bleeding and had to bomb it.

I kept going on like this for about 3 years, and the comedowns just kept getting worse and worse. They were utterly horrific. I felt like murdering someone, wanted to just throw and smash things, angry as hell. Sunday evenings I knew there was not going to be any sleep before going to job. Just laid in my bed, agitated and irritated. Back then I had no benzo's or anti-psychotics to knock me out. Nothing to ease the comedown. Food was repulsive, it's hard to eat on speed. Usually it took 3 days to feel normal. And as soon as the next weekend was approaching, speed was on my mind again. Ultimately it was speed that triggered severe panic disorder, social phobias and anxiety disorder in me. First I got panic attacks whenever I took speed, after a while I got panic attacks with every drug. Soon enough the attacks kept coming without any drug. I have battled these disorders until this day, although it is 7 years since I last touched speed. I have recovered well, but it has been a long and painful process with 15+ different medicines, psychotherapy, meditation etc.

Speed is the worst drug I've ever used. It brought hell on me and I will never touch it again.