• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

I was convinced that methanol cannot be formed from sugar in an inert (non organic) container.
I think you need fruit or the yeast won't have the precursor to make methanol.

Yea... Many online recipes suggest using organic juices.

Alright. I appreciate anyone's effort to help. Storing my killju/sugar-wash in Fridge made it taste five times better and bearable. I don't have to deal with stomachache anymore.

I once made "wine" from green grapes, using spit as the fermentation agent; in a big covered pan let it stand for two weeks until there's a fruity sweet smell of alcohol, then filter out the grapes and you've got yourself some "juice". They do th same in prisons fermenting in plastic bottles with fruit from the self.

Alcohol and k are bad combination, particularly if you're taking a hole-sized dose when you're breathing and consciousness are depressed. Throw alcohol into the mix and you're playing with fire. Too many different things can go wrong, not saying they will every time, but why risk it?
At small doses, k acts as a stimulant, so the danger is probably minimal if you combine it with a few drinks, but there is always the chance of potentiation or misjudging your dose and/or the amount you drink. In general it's just a bad idea unless you are being very moderate with both substances.
I may be wrong but I remember reading somewhere that NMDA antagonists typically had no effect on breathing, thus having a benefit over opioids or GABA drugs. *I'm aware that is a very old post, I replied more or less for people browsing now to read*

That information is probably based on the effects of medications when they are used by themselves not in combination with alcohol. Ketamine can cause a person to have extreme depression of respiration when used together with alcohol.

I'm into pharmacology and that thought did occur to me, that perhaps in combination with gaba/opioid drugs it may worsen the slowed breathing caused by the latter two, and Google does show up several results. On their own though, NMDA antagonists interestingly do not have much of an effect on breathing rate. After I had surgery for a gunshot wound once (no kidding), when the Dr had redosed me with morphine 4 times, which was the limit for 4 hours, I told him I was still in pain and he IVd some ketamine, told me "A lot of people say it feels trippy". I use huge doses of DXM about once a month, and the k felt very similar unsurprisingly. A lot of the same halo like auras around everything and that distant but content, outside looking in feeling. Anyway, getting sidetracked. With regards to the subject of the thread from MY experience.. Yes vodka and meth, spaced out over 1 or 2 days with, say, 2 shots per hour, it can be great, alcohol in controlled doses virtually eliminated stimulant anxiety for me, but I am particularly reliant on GABA chems due to having asperger syndrome and an unspecified anxiety disorder. So I basically self medicate with ethanol, because in my area if you are younger than 50, you're chances of getting a benzo script are next to none, unless you are terminally ill or something, no joke. Ridiculous overreaction to the "opioid crisis", a loaded term in and of itself, and I'm speaking as someone who lost a cousin to a heroin overdose. In the end though, and while I miss him, the fact that he OD'd is honestly on him, there are ways to measure and even test for fentanyl. Fucking sucks I know, but I dont think anything should be banned because someone took it to far or did something outright retarded, rather producer or user, because that's usually the exception, barring suicides and intentional poisonings I suppose. Pragmatically, as long as opioids exist to one extent or another there will be overdoses, by definition. There are far more deaths annually from paracetamol (tylenol/panadol/you already knew that), which will never be pointed out in local news reports, because it's not tied to people getting high, so nobody cares. This culture makes no sense, to put it bluntly.

Last edited:
In a meth session without sleep obviously, food, water and drinking alcohol, I would not rule out that the guys in the OP was having some sort of seizure.

I know few (binge) stimulant users who don't drink when tweaking. The GABAergic action just takes the edge off. Is it healthy? No. Dehydration should be the main concern I suppose. The cardiovascular strain the stimulants put on your body is potentiated that way and your kidneys won't like it either.

If you're the type of person who shoots grams of meth in a single sitting the booze will be the least of your problems though lol.

I have no idea what your friend experienced there, it sounds to me like he just thinks he heard you talk the entire time, but probably just caught a few minutes. It's also possible that his brain suffered some form of transient ischemia. Weird shit can happen when you do drugs, that's for sure, but it doesn't sound like a textbook case of any pathophysiological process I know of.

Guess I just did something stupid then. I ran out of oxycodone before my next resupply so I dissolved a 5mg valium in 2cc vodka (Finlandia if you must know). I diluted with another cc of boiled rainwater and pushed it through a .22 micron wheel into my varicose popiteal. Contrary to expectations after reading this thread it didn't burn going in, although expelling the air bubbles did cause the needle to get wetted externally. In the 30 seconds onset I immediately hit my alcohol sociability feeling but the valium stone felt milder than usual. It was hardly worth the buzz. (Not that I get a buzz from oxycodone any more. Just pain relief) I think I'll try to get pain clinic to switch me to hydromorphone. Although.... I will sure miss the ease of preparation of oxynorm 20s. It also doesn't help that I have a slight allergy to stearate, so naturally I prefer capsules where the only other ingredient is microcrystalline cellulose. Show me ANY tablet without stearate as a binder.

This is relevant to my interests.

I'm looking into making special alcohol elixirs, but I'm on a budget so I need the cheapest alcohol possible. I'll need to learn to measure various suspicious ingredients anyway, so dealing with methanol in homebrew seems like a reasonable beginner exercise.

Any fermentation process will produce methanol. even pure sugar

So I haven't been hungover once in the last two months. In those two months I didn't once drink less than a gallon of wine a day. Most days I was in a blackout. Yet the next day there was no hangover.

I think it's all a part of some weird cycle that has something to do with my pill overdose two years ago(oxy, valium and a bunch of other stuff).

That OD nearly killed me. And for the next six months I'd get the most awful hangovers. It felt like alcohol was posion to me. Whenever I drank it in my usual amounts, the next day would be hell. If I tried to do hair of the dog next morning it'd make it worse. Then one day hair of the dog finally worked again. The hangovers were still really bad but it no longer mattered because of it. But I still had to have a dry day every two or three weeks otherwise the old pain was back. Then about six months ago the hangovers returned to normal. I just woke up one day too broke to buy booze and the hangover was normal. After that they got increasingly less painful every week until one day two months ago I woke up after drinking almost two gallons of wine and felt absolutely nothing. It's been like that ever since.

Another strange thing is that about three months ago my apetite completely dissappered. I never did eat a lot but my weight was always around 140-145lbs(I'm 5'8. But now I'm down to 130lbs and I'm literary having to force myself to eat and to keep the food down(I've managed to gain one pound in the last two weeks). That's never happened to me before and frankly it's quite scary.

Anybody have an idea what this is all about?

A little bit about my background. I've been a heavy drinker for the last 10 years. Drink about 12 beers and 12 shots minimum everyday. I wake up in the morning and take shots to keep the tremors at bay and will drink throughout the entire day and barely even feel a buzz. I went to rehab 2 1/2 years ago for a 8 year heroin addiction and then picked alcohol back up again 3 months later. 6 months ago i started using heroin everyday again and stopped using 3 months back before i go back down that rabbit hole. The heroin dropped my drinking habits down by about 30% while i was using, but now the drinking is worse then its been. Honestly i can deal with the anxiety and insomnia due to the alcohol withdrawal, but am just extremely worried about the possibility of having a seizure if i don't slowly drop my alcohol intake. That's my main concern, the tremors are also extremely embarrassing. I don't have medical insurance to be able to pay for any anti seizure medicines. Is there anything i can buy in the store that may help with the effects of alcohol withdrawal?

Im honestly worried about just stopping drinking all together because of the seizure possibility. I didn't have to worry about that with heroin even though the hell it puts you in. Not to minimize heroin by anyway, wouldnt recommend it for anyone. I'd appreciate any advice someone has to give.

Last edited:
I'm sorry to hear you've been through such a difficult time with substance abuse. I have a similar issue in terms of my benzo use, when my valium runs out I will generally reach for a bottle.

But this, ironically, is what I would suggest in terms of minimizing the pain you can endure in an alcohol withdrawal. I know like it just seems like quitting one strong drug and moving to another, but if you tactically manage to use a benzo (I use Valium personally). Sometimes cannabis helps with the minor withdrawal symptoms like insomnia/lack of appetite.

But I would seriously start looking online as to what anticonvulsant, anxiolytic drugs are available to you (In the UK we are able to find web vendors for Benzodiazepines) and look at it from a harm reduction stand point. For god sake dont start to mix them with alcohol though, just use them for withdrawal.
Minimize the alcohol, you don't have to go cold turkey you can wean yourself off. And if possible try and access something like valium to keep you from the withdrawal side effects during the times you are suffering but you can't drink.

Please consider doing a benzodiazepine detox in a medical inpatient setting. There are a lot of risks, and if you do seizure, best to do it where the doctors are.

Also, anyone who becomes dependent on alcohol has a nonzero risk of switching your alcohol dependency for benzodiazepines. You have to TAPER, not simply replace your daily drinking with pills.

Please consider doing a benzodiazepine detox in a medical inpatient setting. There are a lot of risks, and if you do seizure, best to do it where the doctors are.

Also, anyone who becomes dependent on alcohol has a nonzero risk of switching your alcohol dependency for benzodiazepines. You have to TAPER, not simply replace your daily drinking with pills.

This is more sound advice if you want to get clean completely. Rule of thumb with benzo's; use them medicinally and not recreationally.

You have to TAPER, not simply replace your daily drinking with pills.

I agree with your advice, although isn't that what they'd do for a medical detox? (Replace drinking with benzos and other comfort meds?)

Either way op, you either need to keep drinking or get yourself into detox/rehab. As simple as that really. You're definitely past the point of being able to quit without medical intervention.

Hey dude, welcome back to the side of life that Wants to get better!!
Go to an AA meeting, and raise your hand and ask for help!! You are in Deep, I do not know your age, but your body will not take this kind of abuse forever!!
You will need to slowly tapper off of the booze. I have only found success in doing that at meetings ( Please go when you are drinking, because that is the definition of Tapper) Many people will say that only Medical detox of alcohol is Safe?? I do not why this has become the catch all lately??
I got sober in 1983 ( old school CT, SUCKED yes, but did not die, coming off of a Liter /day and gram or two of Blow)
Yes alcohol Detox CAN KILL YOU!!!!
so tapper, be careful of Benzos I find them to be Vodka in a Pill :ROFLMAO::p:eek:
best of luck

Thank you all for your advice. In a strange way its comforting to know that my worries were valid. I've never tried to not drink out of fear of having a seizure. Woke up this morning and only took 1 shot and drank a beer. Realized i normally would take 5 shots to steady my hands, they are shaking like crazy as i write this. Rehab really isn't an option for me this time around as i simply dont have any insurance or money to be able to pay the expenses. Benzos are kind of out of the question for me as well. I had them as of these last few weeks, but the person i'd have to go through i simply dont want to see because of my past substance abuse issues. My work closed down a few months back so i have all the time to simply focus on myself. I also just signed back up for school for the first time in 9 years so it will help keep my mind off it some. They will just be seeing me shaking like crazy in the back of class, oh well! Grateful to be back. I will need to start writing my drinks down so i can keep a tab that im properly tapering instead of slipping up and abusing it again.