• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Alcohol Alcohol Megathread

Hey, my first post here. I just tegistered here today, but earlier I saw your post. Then came across it again at home. So Im writing bc I recently read about Naltrexone and the Sinclair Method. I dont know what the rules are here. But, as an alcoholic (daily drinker 13 years, poly addict for 9 years) who VERY recently has thought about cessation or at least tapering from alcohol (my drug of choice) this seemed like a reasonable approach to alcohol abuse. I bought my Naltrexone yesterday, so I have no personal experience, but the community/data is growing. Its at least worth a read. Best VK

Hello.I asked here before,but yielding no answers.I want to take passionflower at night for sleep and anxiety.a 350 mg pill.But i also drink,not always heavily,but pretty often.I heard Passionflower is a weak maoi,should i be concerned about the interaction with alcohol or other foods?I don't take anything else.

Unfortunately man, there's not a lot that we can do for you in terms of answers. I wholeheartedly believe that you're totally fine taking both of these, but I cannot in good conscience present it as fact. How much Alcohol are you drinking?

Unfortunately man, there's not a lot that we can do for you in terms of answers. I wholeheartedly believe that you're totally fine taking both of these, but I cannot in good conscience present it as fact. How much Alcohol are you drinking?
Well, depends.I drink 4 or 5 days a week, sometimes i may drink a beer, sometimes more.If it s a party then of course i ll drink more.I can stay without alcohol, but when anxiety rears it s ugly head or it s a get away(social drinking) then i drink.You think it s much?I wanted to take passionflower for sleep, but i heard it has anti anxiety effects too.But i heard it s a weak maoi, and maoi has many interactions.I do eat cheese though.

so generally you should consult a doctor but i think passion flowers mao inhibition is so weak that you can eat cheese and all that stuff. i think you should be more concerned with your liver theres always the possibility that it cant handle this combo. how much do you drink exactly?

I wouldn't even be remotely concerned to the point that I wouldn't even think about it lol.

That doesn't mean that your caution is not a good thing, but Passionflower is so extremely weak.

I guess I am used to combining a number of drugs, some of which probably shouldn't always be combined, but still been fine, to consider mixing a weak herb like Passionflower with alcohol even a question.

It's essential of course to think hard about interactions that might be TRULY dangerous and avoid them at all costs, but this isn't a situation like that.

I think you are totally fine to do so man.

I mean I often take a CBD supplement that includes passionflower and a number of other herbs while drinking and have been fine.

I wouldn't even be remotely concerned to the point that I wouldn't even think about it lol.

That doesn't mean that your caution is not a good thing, but Passionflower is so extremely weak.

I guess I am used to combining a number of drugs, some of which probably shouldn't always be combined, but still been fine, to consider mixing a weak herb like Passionflower with alcohol even a question.

It's essential of course to think hard about interactions that might be TRULY dangerous and avoid them at all costs, but this isn't a situation like that.

I think you are totally fine to do so man.

I mean I often take a CBD supplement that includes passionflower and a number of other herbs while drinking and have been fine.

Yeah,thank you.Well,my anxiety sometimes take the better of me and you know how it is,all types of scenarios in my mind.Thank you for your response,if i ll still can't sleep i'll try passionflower knowing it will be all good.Cheers.
P.S.Btw,there aren't dangers with interactions with high tyramine foods as well,right?Just to be sure.

so generally you should consult a doctor but i think passion flowers mao inhibition is so weak that you can eat cheese and all that stuff. i think you should be more concerned with your liver theres always the possibility that it cant handle this combo. how much do you drink exactly?
I can't say for sure.There are days that i don t drink and days that i drink pretty much.But to try to be accurate, i drink 4-5 days a week, with maybe 2-3 beers in those days, that s when isn't a night out or social drinking.You think it's ok?I only want to take a 350 mg pill of passionflower at night.

So a dear friend of mine just sent me the instagram of a guy who started a vodka paste brand.

He says it's too concentrated, you got the powder in a plastic envelope and you have to dissolve it in some liquid.

Now I'm not a drinker, I pretty much hate alcohol but what are your opinions about this? Would you buy it? it's like 5 lei which is 1 british pound.

this is a pic from his instagram page, I'm not doing any promotion so feel free to ask to remove it if you find it not appropiate

I would try it but something tells me its not going to be that great.
If its cheaper though presents for my father just got cheaper ?

So a dear friend of mine just sent me the instagram of a guy who started a vodka paste brand.

He says it's too concentrated, you got the powder in a plastic envelope and you have to dissolve it in some liquid.

Powdered alcohol is a fairly pointless - the most concentrated form of alcohol would be, well, pure alcohol, which is still a liquid.
Instead, powdered alcohol requires the liquid alcohol to be absorbed in a solid matrix - which means that the alcohol is being diluted by the powder; in fact, a typical vodka likely contains more alcohol ( >40% ethanol by volume) than the powdered alcohol.

Consequently, dissolving it in water isn't going to give you a vodka, but most likely something closer to an alcopop like Bacardi Breezer or Smirnoff Ice, with an alcohol content not much higher than beer.

I quess maybe this would be good for cocktails? I really don't see a point to this either but I don't drink at all, 4 beers and I'm ko

There was a thread in N&PD a while back. It wasnt a paste though, but a powder called alcohol. Cyclodextrin rings enclose the EtOH and allow it to stay in a solid state.

Thanks! i've sent it to my friend, I suppose the price makes this worthy, beside that I don't see any other reason why wouldn't some one drink liquid vodka directly instead.

I'd put it in a gelcap and swallow it.

Do you think it would cause less nausea than liquid alcohol. If so I may look into this because drinking generally messes my stomach up most times.

I think the convenience of not having to carry a bottle of liquid around is part of the appeal with this product. You can carry it and buy a drink anywhere and just pour it in anytime you want a drink. This would come in handy in situations where bottled alcohol is not a viable option to carry. The gel caps may be a good option but I think a pretty good amount of powder is necessary. It might be hard on the stomach if it's not diluted too, but I'm not positive since I have not tried it, yet.

Maybe the water is necessary? it would be nice with the gel caps, I might consider it this way once because I don't like the drinking part of drinking either lol

so my friend responded and he said when he drank it, it had a taste like drinking sand with gel. So I think I'm gonna stay away from it, if it's that bad when the capsules disolve in your stomach they make you vomit instantly

I think the idea behind this product is to be able to bring your alcohol inside an event/club so you can save money.