• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery Alcohol is not an option anymore

It's crazy how quickly my body recovered after quitting. I feel super healthy for the first time in 15+ years.

Been waking up at 5am and working out every day. Feeling super motivated and confident right now.

Haven't had a major craving in 3 days now.

Time to kick it into 4th gear đź’Şđź’Ş
That’s really good to share, it’s inspiring. Keep going.

We often convince ourselves X and Y is impossible, when around the corner could be a BMX lol!

Brother, walking away from heavy use of alcohol and alprazolam (together and separate) were the two best choices I have made in an effort to stay sane and free. Top two.

Best of luck with this when ya succeed you gonna be like Whoa!

Brother, walking away from heavy use of alcohol and alprazolam (together and separate) were the two best choices I have made in an effort to stay sane and free. Top two.

Best of luck with this when ya succeed you gonna be like Whoa!
May I just applaud you for your positivity and sense of fun. Honestly.

As you see I’m a random mix of serious as can be and a total clown lol.

Just a reflection of who we were, who we are and who we may become.
Thank you. Although validation oftentimes is a harbinger of doom, we all enjoy it at times and it acts as a fertilizer feeding whatever it is that is being fed, for good or bad.
I give very little of myself, irl... there are very few around "like" me and even less who would understand (unless they broken) and/or knew a bit about themselves - as long as a mf real gotdammit is what im sayin. Haha
Other than fighting bed bugs on r/ and fuckin around with iron so-called workers (if ya readin this ya too close to home mfs! lol). had the account a couple years and think I created it tryin to connect with a lost love here (which he simply just sent a text and bam we was xooming or whatever its called). Man, fuck. Tears....

rip ch w love :cry:

Last edited:
Just a reflection of who we were and who we may become.
Thank you. Although validation oftentimes doom, we all enjoy it at times and it acts as a fertilizer feeding whatever it is that is being fed, for good or bad.
I give very little of myself, irl... there are very few around "like" me and even less who would understand (unless they broken) and/or knew a bit about themselves - as long as a mf real gotdammit is what im sayin. Haha
Other than fighting bed bugs on r/ and fuckin around with iron so-called workers (if ya readin this ya too close to home mfs! lol). had the account a couple years and think I created it tryin to connect with a lost love here (which he simply just sent a text and bam we was xooming or whatever its called). Man, fuck. Tears....

rip ch w love :cry:
Yes, feeding egos, not what the wise do. But keeping a positive, bright esteem is healthy.

Focussing on the good. It can be hard to keep ego in check though, and low self esteem in relation.

It’s like the “Bumper Car” fairground rink. Just bouncing off the walls.

Anyway, I champion simple, honest sharing, thoughts, feelings. I want a real world so I’ll always encourage that, dropping boundaries and especially fear.

You give me inspiration. I really struggle with alcohol. The longest I have gone without is 4 days. The mental cravings are just awful. Not to mention the anxiety from coming off benzos. I'm going to keep reading your posts and try to stay motivated. I know I can do this.

Thanks man.
Man you're so close! After about 5 days the cravings were less intense and much shorter and after 10 days I stopped craving completely!

I am so done with alcohol man. If I can do it you can too !

You give me inspiration. I really struggle with alcohol. The longest I have gone without is 4 days. The mental cravings are just awful. Not to mention the anxiety from coming off benzos. I'm going to keep reading your posts and try to stay motivated. I know I can do this.

Thanks man.
I’ve not nearly full on faced the mental cravings yet, just glancing and getting acquainted here, there.

But my actual anxiety around it, is the whole physical thing and danger.

Take that out of the equation and I’m automatically much more relaxed and optimistic about the whole thing ready and more determined without that extra anxiety and need for caution and pressure on timing depending on supply and situational options.

Well I must be battling a deceptive enemy within subpersonality broken and insane because I often rationalize it is a good choice still somehow while my life implodes the longer I keep being egged on it is somehow an option that will bring me the results I want bullshit only if I buy the lie.

I hope to see it as not an option truly one day very soon and no plans to imbibe today. for me and those near me will check back nice stuff

Well I must be battling a deceptive enemy within subpersonality broken and insane because I often rationalize it is a good choice still somehow while my life implodes the longer I keep being egged on it is somehow an option that will bring me the results I want bullshit only if I buy the lie.

I hope to see it as not an option truly one day very soon and no plans to imbibe today. for me and those near me will check back nice stuff
Hi, warm belated welcome here. I see new members here daily, I feel this platform is a positive draw, a healthy, productive, worthwhile, rewarding cove to engage in, with so much true empathy, selflessness not typical online or on the street even more so by a long way, and I say to people who know nothing about BL, if nothing else, if you seek basic instructional HR, or motivational support, suggested strategies etc, on ANY single aspect of about any drug, you will very likely find vastly experienced, non bullshitting caring members here who have walked the path, and are so qualified to advise very reliably and soundly.

The fact new members join, each time I see one, I confess sometimes on other forums, even here rare occasions, I have cringed a bit.

For reasons, not closeness at all.

But here now it really uplifts me. Because it signifies, the test of time. This forum is clearly serving purpose for countless and very welcome ftr, lurkers, which is what we want right?

And the new members are all just like us, I see bringing so much positivity too.

I was a new member myself only 2.5 years ago, and was accepted, included fully from the go.

Bob Marley’s lyric on the Uprising Album…Everyone was once a baby…

So, @dragonix real(er) points.

Your words there gave little away. I’m guessing you feel in a ditch yourself with a benzo habit?

Or just musing over the real challenge of life from another angle.

I have seen, you know, we have a deep down “toughness” like a generator not used until necessary, which comes out when not expected. Like, we sometimes need to go beyond rock bottom to activate it.

But separately, and excuse me if I’ve already blabbed about this above, I litter all over this place, I have major amnesia, but can always recall, I just forget but the reminders jog things fully, like every day I see a dozen alerts and think shit, What trouble have my posts gotten me into now? What did I do yesterday again now?

Usually a fair bit lol.

So in case I didn’t talk of it above here, I do all over you see, Imwondervif you have tried kava? If it may help you with any particular thing. Kava is 90% unknown globally, maybe 7% used.

Vs cannabis’s equally deserved notoriety and widespread use.

If you are interested, I can give you some great info links, plus best legal vendors out there and more just ask please, anyhow/where/when.

cliche boring ass thread

7/10/2021 - made a fool of myself again today and made my friends hate me again, I honestly just want to cry and hide from everything. Bury me a nice deep hole. Get comfy. Fuck you.

6:48am: been sobering up for 3 hours, no sleep and about to go to work, I don't feel like drinking today, just want some weed.... today will not be an issue, it's always day 2....
Maybe quit thats what I did no more hangovers no more shame of what stupid shit you did the day before I just take extacy and go out raving dancing to some filthy acid techno no need for alcohol shit drug anyways

well done!!! i'm on day 2 again after a false start due to my parents going away and my brain not being able to just be resopnsible without an adult here to help.

but i'm still surprised how easy it is given how much my life has revolved around it for so long.

well done!!! i'm on day 2 again after a false start due to my parents going away and my brain not being able to just be resopnsible without an adult here to help.

but i'm still surprised how easy it is given how much my life has revolved around it for so long.
It really is amazing how relatively easy it is once it loses that psychological grip on you!

Awesome progress bro, I knew you had it in you. Good things should be right around the corner, if they haven't already arrived. Just be careful in months 2 +3, they are some of the most difficult and it's caused many an addict to relapse for a variety of reasons.

Let me know if you ever need someone to talk to.

Awesome progress bro, I knew you had it in you. Good things should be right around the corner, if they haven't already arrived. Just be careful in months 2 +3, they are some of the most difficult and it's caused many an addict to relapse for a variety of reasons.

Let me know if you ever need someone to talk to.
How did your other interview go? Pizza place?

And you are also doing awesome on your sobriety path.

And man, you are right about getting complacent about the 3 month mark. We let our guard down way too easy.

Have a good week end.