• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 8thday done with Poppyseed Tea/Wash! Week of Hell!

Is your family LDS? Love Utah , big skier , i went to school in Colorado ??
Please understand the your girl will be fine By Now!! She would not have went if it was going to be a problem! Is she the first to leave on a mission ?? How many more do you have to suffer through ???
By the last one they will just want you to drop them off at the airport ??
I have only one child ( Jack)
He traveled 1 month every year in HS
Went to , Vietnam , Thailand, Burma, them turkey to teach Syrian refugees , English and renewal farming ????
I live in NY he went to university in Seattle, last year he spent 4.5 months on Semester at Sea , studying on a boat going around the world !!!
He is a great kid for all of it???
So will be your girl!
Maybe not what you want or Expected, but a Spectacular human being in Gods eyes ❤❤

Ice, I can imagine you trying to get your 83 year old mom through the airport!! haha. I was just in Atlanta a few months ago and that airport is enormous!

Yes, I am LDS. Most people don't know what that religion is and they would think missions are strange. haha. Most of my siblings are big skiers. I like skiing but I HATE to be cold. We have taught all of our kids and we go up a few times a year. I love the mountains and hiking. Utah is so incredibly beautiful. I was going to take my other daughter to New York for a school break that we have here in two weeks. I was a little nervous going to NY with just her but I have always wanted to see the Statue of Liberty and walk the Brooklyn Bridge. I've been to NY but we didn't have time for those two things that are on my bucket list.

What faith do you belong to? Wow...your son has had some amazing experiences! Is he in the Navy now or is it a class from the University that you get to spend 4.5 months at sea. My daughters service has been helping on Ranches, farms, cleaning and yard work for the elderly or needy. She has been spending time with women that have been terribly abused and some have tried to commit suicide. They have no one. So sad. This is really good for her. She is actually a really pretty girl that has had every advantage in every way. This has been a big eye opener for her and will help her to be a better person for the rest of her life and appreciate everything she has. It is just hard to not see your family for that long of a time, but she is learning about sacrifice and learning to love others of every kind.

I forgot about your radiation and cancer. You have some serious cancer genes in your family!!! Wow...I can't imagine being in pain every day. You have every reason to take meds. I don't! nada. none! I just feel like the biggest loser. I feel so weak and wish I didn't have the addiction issues I have with everything . I guess it keeps me humble because I cannot do this alone. I am on my knees as soon as I wake and several times throughout the day to beg for strength and support. It's hard.

Last edited:
All kids do that? but it’s like 12 step meeting I tell guys to keep coming and it will eventually get you , so stay around ??
No one Hates you !! The are ignorant, and closed minded. They don’t understand and to selfish and embarrassed to ask and learn!
It is a Very interesting religion , I am Catholic.

Are you prohibited to visit your children or have them visit home when they are on this mission ???

My so was on Semester at Sea, he receives collage credits to his school for the classs he takes on the boat. then they are allowed to explore all the countries they visit ( no school work ??)
It is offered to any university students, Sponsored out of Colorado State

8th Day , how it going?
been two weeks, Hope this finds you and your family well /
We had a huge Nor'easter here in the middle of the week, and now a wonderful weekend!! Sunny and great holiday

Hey girl, how are things going in your crazy life?
Mine just keeps coming🙄
I am still on low dose of my Norco (20-30mg /day)
Hope this finds you well? I remember how wonderful the fall is out West
All is well
ICE