• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery 8thday done with Poppyseed Tea/Wash! Week of Hell!

8thday, First, I'm giving you a big, long hug. (I've been told I'm a great hugger lol) , so, <<<<<HUG>>>>>.

You took your pills because that's our way of coping. And it's so quick! It's great until it's not.

Another BL'r, jdfisse, said something like a bird flies, a fish swims, an addict uses. It's second nature to people like us.

My humble opinion is you're not on the right meds. It's alot of trial and error, but so worth it.

Don't get me wrong, even on the right meds, you can still have cravings, and still use though you know better. I experience all that (as you know), but,it's more like I choose to use rather than need to use. I like how I feel on opiates, I like the needle too. Not to mention many times it's brought around me, and without actually leaving for the night, I'm not able, just yet, to resist. I look forward to the day of saying, "No thanks. It's not worth it".

If you're feeling the way you're describing, to the extent that you are, talk to your Dr., tell him or her all of this. You're not a criminal 8thday. This is a very real struggle with addiction. We all know it, up close and personal.

I feel like I'm going crazy sometimes, when I'm re-inducting. I have panic attacks. Feel so disgusted, I could vomit. And ask myself that question "WHAT am I doing??!! What the hell is wrong with me??!!".

My most recent induction was probably the worst yet. The intense misery lasted 5 days. And I had to catch a flight feeling that way. I know you know that feeling. Absolute hell.

Are you still taking meds? You may experience withdrawal symptoms. Even if you only took them for a week. It's called the kindling effect.

The way it was explained to me is that your brain takes 5yrs to heal. Everytime you use opiates, your brain produces receptors. So, you're brain is in the process of healing, so Everytime you use opiates it's like tearing the scabs off. It made sense to me. After 1.5yrs clean, I experienced withdrawal symptoms Everytime I used opiates.

At first, they were milder than before. But, they get worse and worse the more you continue to use, until they're really bad again.

8thday, I hope you can stop before it gets bad. I know you don't want to do this,( trust me, I didnt want to either), you may want to go on Opiate Replacement Therapy, subs. I resisted for a year or so.

Then, it got to a point where I saw where things were headed again. It was worse to continue using full-time. Going on subs was one of the best decisions I've made.

I'm thinking of you, and sending lots of love. ♥️

The way it was explained to me is that your brain takes 5yrs to heal. Everytime you use opiates, your brain produces receptors. So, you're brain is in the process of healing, so Everytime you use opiates it's like tearing the scabs off. It made sense to me. After 1.5yrs clean, I experienced withdrawal symptoms Everytime I used opiates.

Damn. I'm on day 30 after 4-5 years of use. Still suffering pretty badly. I made the call to take the hard road but never knew it would be quite this bad. Still have stomach issues, anxiety and insomnia. As well as the pain that I was taking the meds for. ?

Damn. I'm on day 30 after 4-5 years of use. Still suffering pretty badly. I made the call to take the hard road but never knew it would be quite this bad. Still have stomach issues, anxiety and insomnia. As well as the pain that I was taking the meds for. ?
you tried going to a pharmacy looking for some comfort meds don't go back and make these 30 days pointless mate you can do this

you tried going to a pharmacy looking for some comfort meds don't go back and make these 30 days pointless mate you can do this

Thanks Pete556, I had issues with benzos and booze as well so I'm trying to do it without meds... I have Clonidine and Melantonin. Not really touching the sides, but. Went back to a little red wine and weed but I'd really like to be totally sober right now.

Hey bdaver!

That sounds about right unfortunately. I had an obscene opiate/heroin addiction and tolerance. I went through withdrawal many, many times. And detoxed cold turkeytwice to the bitter end. In jail.

It was very, very bad. I had seizures, hallucinations, lost my sight for a few days, and the ability to use my legs also for a few days. It was from opiates only.

My habit was huge - 300mg of prescribed morphine a day, and a bundle to a bundle and a half (a gram to a gram and a half) a day of IV heroin. My body was probably in shock.

It does take time to feel better. Have you seen at least some improvement since the first 9 days? Hang in there. It can be done. It's just very trying. I'm rooting for you bdaver. ♥️?

There are some really great recovery journals to read. They help alot on those long, sleepless nights. Trust that most of us have been exactly where you are!

We're here for you.

It does take time to feel better. Have you seen at least some improvement since the first 9 days? Hang in there. It can be done. It's just very trying. I'm rooting for you bdaver. ♥?
There are some really great recovery journals to read. They help alot on those long, sleepless nights. Trust that most of us have been exactly where you are!

Thanks Stargazer, I've read them all. Some are inspiring, some heartbreaking. And I have read your words in each. I'm improving but it's slow. Appreciate the kind words.

You are so welcome. This is one of the most difficult experiences of your life.

It messes with your mind. Being that I became an expert in the field of withdrawal, I found if I kept my head out of it, it was a little easier.

If you made it 30 days?! With a little wine and weed, your resolve is remarkable. You're doing it. Well done.

There are two threads, both by nurses, that had me in tears. One is called "Nurses Are Human Too". I agree that the recovery journal provoke both of those feelings.

The most tragic shit happens. I worked in the medical field. There are quite a few of us w drug issues. I was in jail with a few nurses as well.

8 th day; Hows it going with your hectic life/
You are doing much better than you are feeling trust me on that, look at how far you have come.
Whats your weekend look like? good weather?
All is well
Ice

8th day ...
You ?, drop us a line to give an up date?.
I am still doing my Norco dance?‍♂️?‍♂️
Get down to 10mg a day then
Physical or mental pain throw me for a loop

I haven't been on in a couple of months. I just saw that Stargazer has passed away? I couldn't find the memorial thread. How do I get to it? It took me a while to figure out how to post on here again. I am not computer savvy.

Stargazer helped me through the thick of it. I don't know what I would have done without her support. I am heart sick. How is her husband holding up? I am in shock. Such sadness. She was such a support to everyone on here that was struggling or just a nice cheer me up on a bad day. She was welcomed to Heaven with open arms. What a Love.

Omg ❤️❤️
So glad to hear from you????
I am doing Ok , still on my Vicodin 10/20 mg a day , much less than my script will allow , but I have had no luck going More than 2 weeks with none ??
I am in that battle of are they medicine or are they drugs ?????‍♂️??‍♂️??‍♂️

I have had a hard summer! My dad is not well in fla. he is 82 and has lived his life his way , Hard. So he has COPD , and had heart surgery in July . I spent slot of it with him no northern Fla.
but his breathing is still not good . He is now on O2

My sister in law has stage 4 lung cancer, only 60, spending time with us at our house, she has no one else.

I am on my way to ATL for my uncles funeral tomorrow 62 died of esophaguses Cancer yesterday ,,, yuck really!!
So I am a long way from wanting to withdrawals through this stuff

I have had a hard summer! My dad is not well in fla. he is 82 and has lived his life his way , Hard. So he has COPD , and had heart surgery in July . I spent slot of it with him no northern Fla.
but his breathing is still not good . He is now on O2

My sister in law has stage 4 lung cancer, only 60, spending time with us at our house, she has no one else.

I am on my way to ATL for my uncles funeral tomorrow 62 died of esophaguses Cancer yesterday ,,, yuck really!!
So I am a long way from wanting to withdrawals through this stuff
Iceman, I am so so sorry about everything that is going on in your life right now. Esophageal cancer is one horrible way to go. My husband is a doc that deals with cancer and that is one of the worst. It is hard to lose a family member.

I haven't lost a sibling yet. I have 7 siblings. I am the youngest of my large crew. I cannot imagine caring for one of them until they pass. How sad for your sister that she has no one else. She is so lucky to have you. Lung cancer isn't a great way to go either. I can't imagine being unable to breathe. I am so sorry that you have so much on your plate right now.

Let me know how the funeral went and how your sister and dad are doing. You and your family will be in my prayers. XO

Last edited:
You are the Best Mom I have met in a long time !!
Wow be a little easier on yourself
You are so smart and strong to have a large family , mom, wife, freind and addiction Warrior !!
What a Power of example you are to all who must and choose to walk this walk of recovery!!

I am on my Hydrocodone right now
Moving my 83 year old stubborn Mom through the Atlanta airport is no joke
In a strange bed at my aunts house, and a funeral that was wonderful, but not how I wanted or thought it would go.
So back , shoulder, and radiation pain is too much without my little helper!!

I don’t know it I am addicted but dependent for sure!! Withdrawals suck ,!and how I feel sucks , I like to Blamw it all on the pills?? But not sure that with what is going on I would feel like shit any way ?

Is your family LDS? Love Utah , big skier , i went to school in Colorado ??
Please understand the your girl will be fine By Now!! She would not have went if it was going to be a problem! Is she the first to leave on a mission ?? How many more do you have to suffer through ???
By the last one they will just want you to drop them off at the airport ??
I have only one child ( Jack)
He traveled 1 month every year in HS
Went to , Vietnam , Thailand, Burma, them turkey to teach Syrian refugees , English and renewal farming ????
I live in NY he went to university in Seattle, last year he spent 4.5 months on Semester at Sea , studying on a boat going around the world !!!
He is a great kid for all of it???
So will be your girl!
Maybe not what you want or Expected, but a Spectacular human being in Gods eyes ❤️❤️