• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Tryptamines [4-AcO-DMT Subthread] Dosage & Methods of Administration

If you get brown clumpy powder it's most likely fumarate, dosage wise 20-25mg seems to be a good spot for me. The fumarate is 33% weaker than freebase, oral in solution comes up slightly quicker than in a cap.
For insufflation I would recommend 7-10mg doses 10-15min apart until you're at a comfortable level.

If you get brown clumpy powder it's most likely fumarate, dosage wise 20-25mg seems to be a good spot for me.
Can anyone verify this? Cos I've got bright white clumpy powder that's supposed to be fumarate.

First time dosage? Don't wanna lose my shit but i'd like some nice visuals etc. I was thinking somewhere around 17mg? How does 20mg compare to say, an average 120ucg tab of acid? (in visuals etc, obviously not in duration)

As far as I am aware, the color differences between batches appear to be a result of a very minor impurity and you should follow normal dosing recommendations. Depending on your setting and bearing in mind you are familiar with psychedelics 20-25mg doesn't seem excessive.

Thanks for the feedback. will have a go around the 20mg mark and see how the night pans out :)

edit - absolutely gorgeous probably a new favourite. Very sedating though, maybe mixing with a stim would be a nice thing to try. I had a little problem with tremors in my legs at one point but aside from that it was a lovely evening. Started with 16mg and did another 5 at around t+3.

Last edited:
So this is my first post ever! I would like to share my experience with everyone. I have taken mushrooms more times than I can count, but I haven't experienced any other psychedelics. I also haven't experienced mushrooms in about 7 years. I decided it was time to dive back in, but couldn't find any of my little favorite fungi friend. so I decided to try 4-aco-dmt. on a Thursday night me and a friend weighed out 25 mg of 4-aco-dmt each and dissolved it in a shot glass of iced tea with lemon. We decided on a 25 mg dose because we wanted strong effects. We were both skeptical about how such a little amount could have the effects described in this forum. When taking the shot glass of tea/4-aco-dmt I noticed that the chemical had a pretty strong taste.
t+ 00.05 no effects felt
t+ 00.15 I felt a little anxiety, but was pretty mild and I was excited that i felt something at all. My friend said that he felt a little nauseous and that he thought that he might throw up. (he took on an empty stomach and i took on a full stomach)
t+ 00.30 effects started to kick in!!! We started to giggle a lot. I went and sat outside on my back deck and smoked a cigar. A train was passing through town and when it blew its whistle it felt like the sound was going threw me. it was really incredible. it seemed like sound was really enhanced. Music was awesome!
t+ 00.45 Visuals are starting to kick in and it seems hard to concentrate on tasks like picking a song to listen to, but it was fun trying to overcome that.
t+ 1-4 hours started to peak from about the 1 hour mark till about 1.5 hours. I really liked everything i was feeling and seeing. The visuals were there, but not as intense as i would of liked, I felt that i could go a lot stronger on my dosage. over all I would say maby a +++ at the peak, but barely. I really enjoyed the whole experience, but i think it was rather short in duration. I would have liked it to last a lot longer!!!

So the next day (friday) around 2:00 PM we decided to dose again, only this time we were going to make some syrian rue tea first. I weighed about 9 grams of syrian rue seeds and boiled them in water and lemon juice for about 30 min. after about 30 min I straind the seeds out and divided the liquid into 2 glasses of equal amount. Down the hatch!! The rue tea was not that tasty. after about 15 min I started to feel a little different, not bad not good just different. About 30 min later I weighed 2 equal doses of 30 mg 4-aco-dmt and we took it the same way as yesterday.

t+ 0.00 Started the movie The Fountain!!
t+ 0.15 still don't feel anything, mabey due to tolerance. this movie is fucking weird!
t+ 0.30 still nothing yet and we are beginning to think that nothing is going to happen and we were sad. the movie gets even weirder.
t+ 0.45 Boom, holy shit it cam on and came on strong!! the ceiling started to warp and the patterning was intense my TV started to melt and the movie got vary interesting. also the giggles came and were way stronger than yesterday. everything was soooo funny. It was hard to concentrate on the movie, because I couldn't stop staring at the ceiling. I was loving every second of it!!!!
t+ 1-3 hr It seemed to peak for about a good three hours and we were tripping way harder than yesterday!! ++++
t+ 6 hr I finally felt like it was almost over and we were having so much fun we decided to do some 25C NBOMe. we both had never done 25C NBOMe before and decided to be a little cautious. I had already diluted 3 mg of 25C in 3 ml of warm water and we both took 700 mcg (nasal). we waited about 20 min and then did 500 mcg more. I didn't really notice much from the 25C, but the visuals did start to get a little better!!
t+ 9 hr visuals are gone and we are almost back to reality. probably one of the most fun trips i have ever had!!!
t+ 10 hr it is about 12:00 am and I am pretty tired and decided to go to bed, but not before I ordered another Gram of 4-aco-dmt, because now I am all out. I think I am in love and her name is 4-aco-dmt!!!! thanks for reading!!!!!

Hello EnterTheVoid, welcome to bluelight.
We have a special forum for trip reports, so if you could provide me with a title I will move your post there :)

Well not so much the visuals but the sheer feeling of this drug is absolutely incredible. Indescribably powerful for me, 12mg is good, 20mg is a blast! I think it gets a strong boost from combining it with weed though for sure.

Having a snorting fetish, I usually (though not always) snort 4-AcO-DMT. It's more intense and requires lower doses than orally but the downside is the trip is very short (approx. 3 h) and fades rapidly. From starting to feeling "normal" to being back to baseline takes only 15-20 minutes. I've never experienced any kind of nausea nor nasally nor orally. Not the slightest hint of nausea.

Really? I wasnt sure about this. But it has to be white powder since the goey brown stuff is hard to snort hhe. Gonna try this because i need short trips sometimes since i dont wanna go to bed too late.

Really? I wasnt sure about this. But it has to be white powder since the goey brown stuff is hard to snort hhe. Gonna try this because i need short trips sometimes since i dont wanna go to bed too late.

A 3h duration is definitely not my experience, even with snorting. I'd be vary careful taking this at night when you have plans in the morning, before trying it beforehand.

Erowid doses are probably the fumarate to be honest. 15mg is at the lower end of the spectrum for 4-AcO-DMT so it is possible that they will not be blown off their feet if they have tripped before.

Managed to finally obtain 4-AcO-DMT.Fumarate (250 mg), and I've got a few questions, so please bear with me.

Erowid lists a common dose as 8-20 mg (oral). I've got no intentions of insulfflating, plugging or injecting; it just isn't for me. They also list a common dose of mushrooms as 1-2.5 g. When I started a 14 month shroom consumption in Feb/12 I started at 0.67g; when I stopped in March/13, my sweet spot was ~4.5g. I have consumed 6.5g (cubensis-homegrown) at maximum, and feel I could have handled more. The magic never went away, although the OEV's dwindled (I knew I was building up somewhat of a tolerance). I only stopped because I ran out of mushrooms, and in March I was too lazy to grow more. I've subsequently started growing, but it will be a while, so I've turned to Tryptamines. 4-AcO-DMT will be my second. I understand that it *may* be hydrolysed to Psilocin, and it *may* cross the blood brain barrier on it's own (and I've read that some think it might be converted in the brain).

Here's the questions......

1) How similar in 'feel' is 4-AcO-DMT is to shrooms? (shrooms give me a vibrating feeling in my arms/neck/shoulders/head, moderate to strong euphoria, OEV's/CEV's, time dilation, the ability to fixate on something for an inordinate amount of time, tracers, haloes, colour shifts, introspection and a horde of other 'positive' effects). I do get minor muscle clenching, occasional chills and moderate facial pruritis (itching).

2) Any opinions on whether or not hunger is affected? Does it make anyone nauseous to eat or think about eating?

3) How sedating or sleepy does it make you? After I've come down from shrooms, I can easily sleep for 12 hours (for me that's a lot), although the sleep is very bizzare.

I'm not going to ask for dose equivalencies between the two; I'm starting at 12-14 mg and working my way up from there.

thanks for any ideas, hints, tips or pointers

Tom

I absolutely love this stuff in high doses, it quickly became a favorite of mine; I like to snort anywhere in between 30 to 50 mg; less isn't nearly as visually impressive as these dosages and in such a dose it reminds me a lot of a DMT trip spread over serveral hours in slow motion. The euphoria is similair and so are the visuals; my best experience was snorting 100 mg of this but that did make me throw up while on around 40 mg of this I could still eat a full meal in the early peak, still throwing up on it wasn't too bad, a few minutes of intense nausea and after that felt totally fine. The trip was absolutely amazing; might've been the best trip I ever had. The visuals were litteraly DMT in slow motion; it was like smoking a breakthrough dose of DMT that just kept going for like 6 hours. Since I've been doing these dosages I feel lower are a waste of product since it's not nearly as epic. I only weigh 50 kg or so; usually have no tolerance and a low natural sensitivity for tryptamines; DMT has me breakthrough on 20 mg, mushrooms become really, really intense upwards of 2 grams.

I do think its a lót more like DMT then it is like shrooms, especially in terms of how it feels on the body; that euphoria, very little to no confusion but especially combined with ketamine it had quite a story telling aspect to it. Other then the vomiting on the 100 mg dose I had little to no side effects; slightly raised heart beat but nothing unpleasant, on doses up to 50 mg there's litteraly NO side effects other then the body buzzing that is very similair to DMT. Could even eat a meal on it, can't do that on many psychedelics I think.

Last edited:
azgaza; thanks for the reply.

I've weighed out 8 doses; aiming for 15 mg, getting 10-18.2 mg. Doing a bit of math, I've come up with 13.3, 18.2, 23.8, 28.3 and 32.4 mg as doses. Obviously I'm starting at the low end and working my way up.

As far as tryptamines go, I've only tried 4-HO-DiPT so far. At 8.6, 12.9 and 16.6 mg. Unpleasant because of the leg tremors, but still able to eat and sleep. Visual effects were minimal; a bit of light sensitivity and a sort of strobe light effect. First time I took it, I had a bad stomach ache. That went away the 2nd and 3rd time. No food the first time, but ice cream and hamburgers the 2nd and 3rd times. Didn't vomit though.

Mushrooms? Well, I started at a very low dose (0.67 g) and worked my way up week by week. First time I took mushrooms it felt like someone shoved barb wire up my ass and dragged it all the way up through my stomach. So I started taking Ranitidine (an over the counter antacid) that worked miracles. That allowed me to take higher doses, and eventually I did not need it.

I've never tried DMT, so I can't compare to that. The best that mushrooms gave me were a sense of absolute peace, happiness and wonder. Typically they would last about 6 hours, shrinking to 4 hours after I was using them every week for a year. Last time I tried them was about 12 weeks ago, so tomorrow I guess I'll find out if 13.3 mg of 4-AcO-DMT do anything. If not, I'm inclined to increase 10 mg at a time.

thanks, it is appreciated.

Tom

(oops, should add that no weed is on board and hasn't been for a month or so)

[edit just consumed 10.0 mg fumarate salt, trying to go in with no preconceptions. I'm aware that this is not considered a strong dose. I'll report in 5 or 6 hours. Again, many thanks for all the help]

Last edited:
35mg oral was heavy. I was sure I was under a cyberattack of the chineses who where slowing time, and manipulating the world to feel bad about the need for something. After, an ego-death experience, ... sick night.

20mg allylescaline + 10mg 4-aco-dmt 1 hour later is sweet.

At 3 hours, it was over mostly. I've still got a lingering, pleasant body buzz. A bit hard to concentrate effectively, but no problems at all

I definitely underdosed with this, and figure I'll aim at 20 mg next time. For the first time in my life I felt like redosing or taking a small bump, and considered snorting some. It was calm, soothing, and for me utterly indistinguishable from mushrooms. Zero GI disturbance, and I actually felt ravenous the entire time. Mild euphoria, slight visual patterning, and suitably distracted thoughts.

I'd probably equate this to 1g of my homegrown mushrooms. Very much looking forward to trying this again.

Tom

Can DMT be snorted? Does it lessen the effects compared to vaporizing it?