• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Side Effects and Aftereffects

who finds their lymph nodes seem to swell on 2c-e?

it happens to me mildly, for the most part - and i think it's seeming to decrease slightly in intensity with each trip (or, i'm getting better at refusing to accept/manifest/dwell on physical malady).
i've read small amounts about this - the consensus mainly pointing to a phenethylamine allergy or to immune deficiency problems.

what are your thoughts? does anyone have any information?

does anyone who experiences this find that dosing rectally eliminates the swelling/tenderness?

haha, xorkoth, i've got a question for you brewing in my head, but i can't really figure out a way to understand/ask it yet.

i feel that i'm willing and eager to accept and embrace absolutely everything; anything. i've had the most wonderfully life changing experiences, and i'm incredibly comfortable on psychedelics. i always have been. i often feel that i should be even more humble and reverent in the face of these awesome 'drugs' - but i constantly find myself believing to be entirely unintimidated. sometimes i feel like i should just... kick my own ass with a ridiculous rectal dose of 2c-e. what are your thoughts on this, everyone? what are your personal views and experiences with spiritual growth and enlightenment?

i often want to feel overwhelmed,
but i don't want to seek anything specifically - just accept whatever i get to experience.

:)

i'm waiting on what promises to be a pretty intense comeup, let's see how i feel on the subject in a few hours ;D

peace;
love;

Last edited:
A few months back I took 50 mg rectally of 2C-E, it was obviously beyond this world, a 7 hour plateau.
I was wondering if anyone here as read that report on erowid.org by some guy who took 200 mg of 2C-E, broken into 100 mg, then sometime later dosing again in like 6 hours. Does this start to move into physical danger zone? Or is 2C-E relatively benign physiologically?

Last edited by a moderator:
Erebus- said:
A few months back I took 50 mg rectally of 2C-E, it was obviously beyond this world, a 7 hour plateau.
I was wondering if anyone here as read that report on erowid.org by some guy who took 200 mg of 2C-E, broken into 100 mg, then sometime later dosing again in like 6 hours. Does this start to move into physical danger zone? Or is 2C-E relatively benign physiologically?
Don't mark my words. But I think the level of toxicity for 2C-E is not well known, and it since must be pretty high, alot higher than recreational dosages at least....

after re-reading that, that doesnt seem to make sense. sorry. im trippin. I meant that the level of toxicity was high and still unknown.

Last edited:
On one of the old 2C-E threads, there was talk about physiological side effects such as increased heart rate, blood pressure, etc, being more prominent at the higher dosages.

Don't mark my words. But I think the level of toxicity for 2C-E is not well known, and it since must be pretty high, alot higher than recreational dosages at least....

I don't think there has been a single death from 2C-E as of yet, so you're probably right that it has a fairly high toxicity level but I would still exercise caution when using this substance for the first time, and would be even more wary if I were to ever consider extremely high doses.

Are there any tricks to reduce nausea except for empty stomach/rectal administration ?
I thought about using Pepto-Bismol or Gravol. Would that work ?

Thanks... I just hate puking !

Dramamine was the only thing I got to work, if at all. If your stomach still hurts after puking, try eating GU, it's fun and supposed to calm the stomach.

Erebus- said:
Dramamine was the only thing I got to work, if at all. If your stomach still hurts after puking, try eating GU, it's fun and supposed to calm the stomach.
Thanks. I guess I'll try Dramamine then. My stomach feels fine after I puke tho.
What is GU ? Is it the sport drink ?

Right i've got another question for you guys, what kind of long term damage could 50mg or so do to a first time user? I Recently helped a friend aqquire some and told him to do 1/10th of the pile I got him for a good buzz (5mg) but the crazy twat goes and eats the lot!!

He's okay now but he said his trip was hella intense, the most intense thing he's ever done and it lasted near enough 18 hours or so, he also said he basically could not feel his body at all it just felt like a strange nausea all over him...

How close was he to an OD? and just what kinda damage could this crazy chemical have done to his insides?

I think there is a report here on bluelight were a guy took 200mgs. of 2C-E.
This chemical is somewhat safe in high doses I think, so 50mg. should not be dangerous for the body, but is sure could do some bad things with the psychic health...

yea thats why i put (i think) i just read that somewhere, it might've been erowid i know it can also be very uncomfortable too though. what about side effects to the body/brain?

I heard the reason for 2C-E's immense duration is that it destroys MAO. Which leads to the potentially dangerous levels of other substances not being metabolized, like MDMA which may lead to serotonin syndrome.
I don't know if this is true, and if it is, could someone provide an explanation? (Preferably F&B)

^2C-E is not a MAO inhibitor, that much I know for sure.

Mr Blonde said:
^ Yeah, didn't they legislate that everything in PiHKAL and TiHKAL is scheduled? Slack law making there.

I think PiHKAL was used...not sure about TiHKAL. For example, in Aus, DPT is not listed as illegal (though it is an analog so that doesn't matter) whereas DMT and DiPT are.

^^I know it is not an inhibitor. I heard it destroys the enzyme MAO.

^Well, then your talking about an irreversible MAOi which will stop production of MAO enzymes for about two weeks or so, until the body replensihes its supplies. 2C-E isn't one of those either. It doesn't have major effects on MAO. If it 'destroyed' MAO it would be one of the most dangerous drugs out there.

highandrolling said:
heres a good link for the health effects of 2c-e and other phenethylamines

http://www.maps.org/news-letters/v04n1/04134pea.html

I don't know a whole lot about this, but a little poking around suggests that other mechanisms have been proposed for the formation of free radicals associated with amphetamine (see, e.g., Pharmacology & Therapeutics Volume 99, Issue 1, July 2003, "Effects of amphetamines on mitochondrial function: role of free radicals and oxidative stress"). If the phenethylamine structure itself contributes to this, then psychoactives might not be the biggest concern -- as a chronic allergy sufferer, I've already consumed far more pseudoephedrine than I ever will of the psychoactive phens.

Still, it can never hurt to load up on antioxidants.

2-CE is the spawn of the devil freeze dried !!!!:!

The first time I took it I had the most brilliant visuals =D =D and a bizarre time (although good).
However it was just tainted somewhat by the fact that I was continuously puking my guts up !!!:!

However in the hope that the vom sesh was a one off I tried it many more times using different admin routes 8) ~ BUT the pukees just got worse then the shatters got introduced.:( :(

The last time that I indulged I was on the loo all night with a bucket for the vomit ~ it wasn't looking pretty !!!:!

Consequently I conclude 2-CE = Satans spawn BUT do enjoy anyways!!!;) =D =D <3

^Last time I indulged, I was physically fine, one friend was utterly off his pickle, another fell asleep*, and the last was either on the toilet or in the toilet puking. Its a weird chemical, unpredictable to say the least.

*He seemed o be, and was, in bliss so....:)

Mine is coming in sometime Wednesday, I can't wait. I'll report all my side affects.

I did not experience any nausea or anything at 20mg. I have the weakest stomach in town too, I puke on EVERYTHING. I did eat a full meal about 2 hours before and I drank like 4 mixed drinks w/ that meal. Ranging from sochu to vodka to tequila too.
It's almost like the 2ce settled my stomach. I know, it's strange.
I even get wicked diarrhea from mushies, and NOTHING from the 2ce.