• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Side Effects and Aftereffects

i dont' seem to ever get any badness from 2C-E either. I get along with 2C-E very well, it is one of my favorite of all time.

Yeah, me neither. I used to get psychosomatic body load, but once I go the hang of it I found 2C-E's body high to be very pleasurable. 2C-E always feels very clean and a bit refreshing. Great stuff. :)

I always seem to have problems with diarrhea (no puking) when taking a 2c-x (b, i & e). Someone suggested me Domperidon on a dutch forum. Maybe you guys have advice or is Domperidon the way to go? I've seen suggestions in this topic like weed (I dont smoke) or ginger (if this helps where can I find this, nature store?), most of them seemed to be suggested for nausea and puking though and not for diarrhea.

Thanks for the input!

I had another 2c-e experience yesterday. I had really enjoyed 14-15mg, but had been relatively underwhelmed as well, so I decided to go for 19-20mg yesterday. I dissolved in water and drank. Whereas my first experience included no real nausea and only minor discomfort on the comeup, this was completely different. T+30, I sat on the toilet for the full 2 hours of the comeup. Luckily I was able to get past that had a blast for the whole 2 hours. :) (Not to get too graphic, but I didn't actually have diarrhea as others have suggested, but just felt like I'd like to shit...)

Anyway, sticking to the OP, I won't report my whole trip here but it was fantastic in pretty much every other way, so I'd also like to know if there are remedies.

Aside from the awesome trip lasting 7 hours, I noticed something about 2c-e that I noticed with my last (much milder) trip as well: The effects stuck with me in small ways for the next day/days, and especially highly potentiated by weed. More than a full day after this 20 mg trip, I still see slight visual effects, particularly with regard to colour, and how you can sort of see the light breaking apart into its underlying spectrum at the edges of objects. In addition, after smoking some weed at some point today, with the hugest smile on my face I all of a suddent was overcome with emotion (due to what I was thinking about) and began balling tears of joy/sadness (for reasons I won't go into here). Anyway, that's not normal for me. I was in 2c-e mode again. Just to be clear, it was amazing and healing, so I'm not personally complaining.

Other affects: extreme dehydration (drank and peed a crazy amount), I was freezing on the comeup, and it had a speedy stimulant type effect (but I wouldn't know, not being a stimulant fiend other than coffee). I'm glad I didn't take the dose later than 12:30, because I know I would have had trouble sleeping otherwise. Made for good sex that night though.

Anyway overall I'm loving the essence of 2c-e so far (something I haven't really touched on in this post), but I'm wondering if it's too hard for my system at high doses.

Last edited:
I've never really experienced any of the negative effects some people report either. Seems to get along just dandy with both my tract and mind

2c-e at 14mg produced some sudden nausea about +1:30 or so into it, which lifted immediately after 5 minutes of dry heaving. Before that, there was some uncomfortable body tension, mostly located in the jaw.. it definitely did not compare to mdma, and was similar to the jaw tension I get when taking LSD. After about +2:00 or so, all of the uncomfortable tension and stimulation left and the rest of the trip was a very pleasant.

I'm sure this has been asked before but here goes, does puking early on in the trip kind of abort it? Because I took 30mg of 2c-e and 10mg of 2c-i one time and I puked about 50 minutes into it and the rest of the trip wasn't much more intense than 15mg of 2c-e.

I think the nausea may be batch-related. I've taken 2c-e roughly 300 times or so now and I never once had any kind of nausea from the first probably 250... I then got two new batches from a different supplier (both of those two were from the same) and they both gave me nausea (although I only vomited once, it seems like I fought it back every time with those two batches.)

I once tried using promethazine to alleviate the nausea and it did to an extent... the come up was still rocky, but manageable. My trip, however, was a very sedated one... my mind was very lucid and I had a good time... but I could not, for the life of me, bring myself to move out of my bed. I hear diphenhydramine works well, but I have not tried it, yet.

I took 2ce again @ 17 mg. Did have a few bouts of light diarrhea that seemed to be mostly gas. Kinda like mushies.
17 mg did not compare at all to my first dose of 20 mg. There seemed to be a MAJOR difference.
Iso- diphenhydramine can put you to sleep (depending on your constitution) even while tripping. Falling asleep tripping sux.

I took 2ce again @ 17 mg. Did have a few bouts of light diarrhea that seemed to be mostly gas. Kinda like mushies.
17 mg did not compare at all to my first dose of 20 mg. There seemed to be a MAJOR difference.
Iso- diphenhydramine can put you to sleep (depending on your constitution) even while tripping. Falling asleep tripping sux.

I really meant just like 25mg... I suffer from some wicked insomnia that requires 20mg of ambien/stilnox to put me to sleep... it take 150-200mg of diphenhydramine to allow me to sleep... and that is still a fifteen minute window of opportunity during the peak... then I'm just groggy and stupidly awake.

Enjoyable experience at higher dose

Does it get worse at higher doses?

I have tripped 4-5 time last year of 2-C-E ; starting on a very low dosage and then progressing to my usual dose of 20 mg.

I get a small episode of light nausea at the onset (20-30 min. in) and then I start having vasoconstriction and the 'roller-coaster' starts... as soon as I start to vasoconstrict (sp?) the nausea disapear ...

I have yet to experienced heavy open eyes psychelic visual distortion but I do get a lot of psychological insight into life, and my life. each time I did the substance ...

I think the racing heart effect and freezing mentioned in first page is not directly due to the drug. Getting on the saddle, I managed to finally start to actually, accurately measure heart rates under 2C-E. Turned out, there was average of just few more beats per minute. But any anxiety or fear greatly puts up your heart beat (naturally!) and causes small (perhaps half a degree) raise in body temperature, which causes you to feel slightly cold, which under the sense enchanting effect of 2C-E might feel like really freezing.

If one's having extremely unpleasanteries with the heart beating or cold, I suggest to first calm yourself down with every possible trick you know (repeating, "It's going away soon" etc) and then measure your heart rate. The good chances are, it's actually low. Though, if it isn't, I guess that'd be a bit spooky. =D

Does any one have any good theories about the 2C-E nightmares lately?
This substance has given me more nightmares then any other substance, and it seems like other people get them also.
I have been wondering if awaking parts the subconscious reflect in dreams as intense moments.

Mh, this is interesting, since I've experienced a lot more very realistic, "trippy" nightmares where I might really wake up and think I've taken something. Usually, I realize that I haven't in first 5 seconds, but once I was half way walking to my roommate's room to ask what have I taken. :)

Often, what I've thought I'm taking, is salvia - which is interesting, considering I've never smoked salvia! But have some here.

Nevertheless, I first connected the nightmares to the deeper state of sleeping due to melatonin I started to take regulary, but 2C-E could be it as well. It's sometimes a bit of a shock material.

I did not experience any nausea or anything at 20mg. I have the weakest stomach in town too, I puke on EVERYTHING. I did eat a full meal about 2 hours before and I drank like 4 mixed drinks w/ that meal. Ranging from sochu to vodka to tequila too.
It's almost like the 2ce settled my stomach. I know, it's strange.
I even get wicked diarrhea from mushies, and NOTHING from the 2ce.

Are you overall an anxious or easily depressed person? If not, that could just be it. The nausea would be amplified anxiety, imo.

2C-E has that mescaline feel to me, you get a lot of personal insight into your subconscious and personal issues. I have a similar experience each time I've taken it.

After a few hours, it switches paths out of that and it feels like those negative aspects purge out of you. It's something I tend to rarely use because it is so intense but after it I feel like I've learned a lot, a sort of reborn feeling.

I absolutely love 2C-E mentally and visually, but I get a tense bodyload. My legs just feel tense, and I have a hard time getting physically comfortable. I have tried to reduce this with diphenhydramine, as suggested somewhere in this thread, but without succes. Anyone got advice to reduce the bodyload and relax my muscles?
A good long walk or bike ride is the only thing that's either helped or made me forget about the tenseness, but it's not so tempting in the winter months :)

Breathe in, breathe out.

That's my escape plan on any psychedelic and it's never failed me.

Only once has 2C-E bodyload been more than a passing annoyance - once, when I dosed 30mg right after eating a taco bell big stufft burrito... well, let's just say it tasted a lot worse in reverse. After purging, though, I had a great trip with very little bodyload from then on out. I've taken similar doses before with no significant nausea. Diphenhydramine seems to help quell the nausea I get on come up.

I have noticed that although I DO get nauseous and spend around an hour or more in the bathroom....(although i dont really mind the bathroom time as i can catch up on a book or two) that most of this passes by the three hour mark.

then i have the rest of the night to feel great and have a really heavy introspective experience.

hell, even booze (which i rarely touch) gives me stomach trouble and a horrible hangover the next day...so stomach trouble is not a deal breaker.

the odd thing, or maybe it iSNT odd, is that if i then take more, i dont get any repeated stomach or bathroom trouble (like if i add 15 more mg 4 hrs in)

overall i think its a great RC

I have a quick question concerning the body load of 2c-e. Personally, I hate tripping on Salvia and have decided it's not for me. The reason behind this is the way the salvia makes my body feel when I use it. I'm not positive how to put it into words, but it's a painful feeling all over my body. It feels as though im being stabbed with needles all over my body or that my skin is ripping off. It really destroys any possible good trip for me. I've seen a lot about the 2ce body load being rather high. I was wondering if first, anyone else has had a similar experince and if so, could tell me how this compares to the bodyload of 2ce. The dose in question would be about 17-19mg.

sorry, know this is off-topic as far as 2c-e, but had to comment on salvia 'stabbed with needles' comment. the last time i smoked i smoked salvia i was confronted by what i perceived to be a menacing 'spirit of the plant' so to speak, a leering, mocking, plantlike feminine presence. "HAHAHA, WHY DID YOU COME HERE? FOOLISH HUMAN blah blah etc. Said presence proceeded to wrap me with 'psychic thorns' (full-on tactile hallucination, and actually very painful:p) literally felt the thorns digging deeper and deeper into my flesh. then i came down. (lsd was involved.) i know this is a more 'detailed' hallucination, but anyone else getting these spines? sorry mods:(

As far as body / mind load goes (feels like my mind is EXHAUSTED during 2c-e)

I have done up to 70mg 2c-e in a single night (30mg pill then 40mg), that batch ran out, was an AMAZING time. months later i get a LARGE amount, and then I parachute 10mg during the afternoon. and it knocks me off my feet, I throw up absolutely everything, came up way too fast, thought I needed to go to a hospital, flushed down my whole ordered amount down the toilet because my reasoning was I don't want to be involved with a substance that can do something this terrible to me.

1½ hours later. Bliss, pure hallucinogenic bliss.

Blah. If only I didn't flush it. (Wouldn't be doing it atm, but still... quite the waste.)

I am officially done with 2c-e. Every time I take it I feel as if I'm going to have a heart attack. This is probably not true because my heart is beating fine, maybe slightly elevated, but it feels almost painful and it freaks me out really badly. I experience this on doses ranging from 10 - 20mg (never gone higher). I don't experience this with LSD or mushrooms. Sometimes with weed but it never freaks me out or gets as bad like when I take 2c-e. It never happened with 2c-i and once with 2c-c and 2c-d. I think part may be due to paranoia that makes it seems worse than it is, but I'm not taking any chances.

It's probably a good idea for me to stop all 2c-x chemicals for a long while, but I think I'll call it quits with 2c-e and 2c-i. There is still something about 2c-c though, but I need a break.

Btw I have been used 2c-e about 6 times since November, from 5 - 20mg. I've probably had a medium to significant trip every month, with a bunch of lackluster and low dose trials as well, including other 2c-x's.

I'd just be weary and make sure your heart is beating fine