View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Side Effects and Aftereffects

fastandbulbous

Bluelight Crew
This is the sub-thread of the Big and Dandy 2C-E thread in which to discuss side effects and aftereffects. Please direct all questions and discussion about 2C-E side effects and aftereffects to this thread.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A friend of mine felt like he was goingt to have a heart attack on his 1st experience (and his last, he says) which was preceeded by electric shock type feelings. Thing is though, his father died from a heart attack when he was a teenager, so at first I was a bit concerned that 2C-E might have some adverse effects on the heart. Later on, when everybody was back to baseline, I asked him about it, and it sounded more like he was experiencing a panic attack/hyperventilation.

I'm aware that out of all the 2C-X compounds, that for a lot of people, 2C-E seems to be one of the worst for inducing anxiety states, but if a lot of reports start turning up about what people perceive to be cardiac difficulties, it might be something for people with a history of family heart problems to think about whether it is a reasonable risk in taking 2C-E.

PS his dose of 2C-E was 12.5mg

Last edited by a moderator:
Anxiety

Sorry, I maybe shouldn't have used the term side effects. What I meant to say is that 2C-E, out of the 2C-X compounds, is the one most likely to produce the "too deep, and way too fast" feeling, which in some people can trigger anxiety about loosing control. If a person's first encounter with 2C-X's is 2C-I, then 2C-E can make people anxious purely by the depth of introspection it produces. That combined with the sense of physical energy common to some of the 2C-X family

2C-E has the least side effects, body load, etc. of all of the 2Cs I have tried. Only the slightest trace of the signature phenethylamine jaw clenching, heart racing, skin burning stimulation. Definetely one of the best as far as phenethylamines go.

I have a quick question concerning the body load of 2c-e. Personally, I hate tripping on Salvia and have decided it's not for me. The reason behind this is the way the salvia makes my body feel when I use it. I'm not positive how to put it into words, but it's a painful feeling all over my body. It feels as though im being stabbed with needles all over my body or that my skin is ripping off. It really destroys any possible good trip for me. I've seen a lot about the 2ce body load being rather high. I was wondering if first, anyone else has had a similar experince and if so, could tell me how this compares to the bodyload of 2ce. The dose in question would be about 17-19mg.

My body load experience with 2C-E has been that it's not bad. I get nauseous on the come up from the first alerts until about 30-60 minutes later, and then it goes away. After that the body sensations tend to be pretty pleasurable, and I tend to experience a slightly numb-yet-sensitive feeling that's very nice. If you don't mind puking, it will make the nausea go away, but it usually just doesn't bother me that much. Part of the problem is that I don't fast the way I should before tripping.

I'm trying to get a sense of just how strong of a stimulant effect this drug has. I'm really not a fan of stimulating drugs, unless it's mild. However, 2C-E sounds like a winner, and I wouldn't hesitate to take it though I'm worried about the stimulant aspect some people keep reporting. How strong is it? Is it strong even in small, or moderate dosages, or only high doses? Is the effect just a strong desire to do things, or does it give you a rapid heartbeat, increase in body temprature, etc.?

In my experience it doesn't cause much actual physical stimulation at all. It's just that if and when it gets mentally hectic, it can cause a good deal of psychosomatic stimulant-like effects. When I was stricken with panic as my ego was being crushed by 2C-E, it felt as if my heart was about to explode out of my chest, but I would be willing to bet that it was actually only slightly elevated. Unfortunately, I was not in my head enough to take an actual measure of my heart rate.

In any case, 2C-I seems directly stimulating, and 2C-B does too to some extent, but 2C-E is definitely much less so than its named cousins, for sure.

^ I agree

my mind is racing, and I am not able to goto sleep - but my bp, and heartrate are about normal

I've read most of this thread I think, but just wondering if this has been covered - are there any health risks / risks of OD on 2CE within a reasonable recreational range?

ie: worse case scenario, someone screws up and accidentally takes 60mg somehow. Is there any risk to their physical health? (instead of simply getting a trip way more intense then they had planned on).

I'll be getting an accurate MG scale soon, so don't see this being an issue - but still, something I'm curious to know. I've read stories of people accidentally ingesting large amounts of other 2Cs due to mislabeling/errors/etc, and coming out OK on the other side of the trip.

Speaking about 2C-E and toxicity does anyone know of any info out their on it? Or any of its 2C cousins? I have looked around and only found the 2 deaths on 2C-2 or –7, I cant remember which one, they were from insufflating 30-50 mgs. Are their any reports of strange scientist poisoning mice or anything?

the body load on high doses of this drug suck hardcore

more so for me than alot of other 2cs

I find it interesting that so many people get bad body load from 2ce. I actually threw up my first time using it but since then it's never given me any problems when taken orally.

I've only gotten a bad body load once, on my +4 with it (and with piracetam). it was psychosomatic but so intense I felt like I was going to explode, my heart specifically. I vomited repeatedly until the state was fully developed. After the peak, though, and after the extreme panic, I felt great. And ever since then, I've felt great on it. Although I've also never gotten a whole lot from it since. :(

2C-E has quite a push for me in the begining, even more so than LSD. But it's not really a 'bodyload' like I identify with 2C-I and 5-MeO-DiPT. More just a strong push. Energy. I've not vomited from it, though often do with other PEAs.

ya, actually come to think of it i dont feel like sitting completely still.. but i do like to stay in the same spot but keep on shifting my weight.. i also get wierd little muscle spasms sometimes..

Anyone else struck by bad luck while on 2c-e?

I tried this stuff for the first time about two weeks ago. I went with about 10 mgs rectal and I enjoyed the experience until about 4 hours into it (on the decline of the experience) my girlfriend fell while walking the dog and broke her arm and I found myself (I know, I know) driving 40 miles to the hospital. The very next night our other dogs started fighting and the smallest of the 3 got the worst of it with blood all over the place to the point we were worried she'd bleed to death and took her to the vet. I ended up bitten while breaking up the dogs. That evening I had taken 14 mg rectal.

At this point I'm bating 1000 and I'm paranoid that more crap will happen when I next get a chance for some 2c-e research.

So, I'm wondering , anyone else having to deal with traumatic occurences whilst on 2c-e?

I'm guessing the old standby of weed will help. Also, making sure your stomach is mostly empty is another good idea. Don't eat a big meal before you drop.

Disclamer: I haven't yet tried 2C-E personally, but I intend to in the next week or so. =D

2C-E Nightmares

Does any one have any good theories about the 2C-E nightmares lately?
This substance has given me more nightmares then any other substance, and it seems like other people get them also.
I have been wondering if awaking parts the subconscious reflect in dreams as intense moments.

Last edited:
I'm also waiting for some sort of study linking serotonergic psychedelics with dreams and or nightmares -

2CE in particular seems to stand out as a likely candidate for use in this sort of study -