View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines [2C-E Subthread] 2C-E Side Effects and Aftereffects

nightmares?
i find to 2ce far to lovely to cause nightmares

oh this one and only this one will cause me to have a nightmare of a man rushing into my room wth a knife and he wants to kill me - it happens T+10 hours or there abouts-

:\

Me either, but I'm sure smoking pot a lot when I use to do 2c-e had a factor..since I don't really remember or even dream when I smoke everyday.

I guess the next time I do more 2c-e, Ill find out if I get these nightmares/dreams or not. My pot smoking has gone down considerably since school started up.

But damn I can't wait to do some more 2c-e the next chance I get, love this stuff!

samadhi_smiles said:
oh this one and only this one will cause me to have a nightmare of a man rushing into my room wth a knife and he wants to kill me - it happens T+10 hours or there abouts-

:\

Whoa, weird... I've only gotten nightmares from AMT. And that was from abuse of AMT over a long period of time, and stopping it. It felt about the same as MDMA aftereffects (sleep paralysis, nightmares, etc), but shorter. And the dreams were even more vivid (shockingly vivid) and ALWAYS involved the end of the world.

Its very unsettling - out of interest, my mother had actually told me a VERY similar dream she had when sleeping alone on a work related trip (away from her husband) - so maybe there is a genetic component to it - some people are more prone to having these sorts of dreams -

Wow, that's horrible! I had a dream like that once, unrelated to a psychedelic though... the entire dream took place in a futuristic-looking barren wasteland of a city, being chased by a man with a knife who kept getting closer and closer and closer... and the closer he got the more weighed down my limbs were.

that is somewhat similar - but what makes this dream very bad is that I think I am awake everytime (in fact I may be) -

I see my room very clearly (through blurry sleep eyes) and I turn toward the door, where I see it open and a very crazy haggard looking man (very big) with a knife turns to me and runs to me laughing pointing the knife at my heart -

Its happened 3 times - everytime I take a +3 dose of 2CE-

It doesnt happen with 2CB, 2CD, or 2CT7

edit - my trip account is somewhere in the archived 2CE thread - it was during this spring and if anyone remembers this spring was crazily spiritual euphoric floating in a cloud like - at least for myself and a few other people I know - (so be prepared for a little manic quality to my writing if you do go looking for it)

Ugh, that sounds horrible. :(

Yeah, my dream I mentioned was just a regular dream. I have only gotten dreams where I was conscious enough to realize I may or may not be dreaming when I discontinued AMT as I mentioned above. I had some rather unsettling dreams, one in particular about waking up into an alternate reality that was similar but was missing some important parts, like my fiance and cats (my family). In that dream everything was just as real as waking everyday reality, and I went through a long process of gradually coming to accept that I really had somehow woken up somewhere else and might never get back. It was pretty disturbing, really. I've never been so glad to wake up... I was second-guessing whether I was actually awake for days. :\

I always have really vivid dreams after 2C-E, a lot of them I die in, very intense. I have also had some pleasurable ones where I was trapped in a cave and broke out into a beautiful vivid world. I had one I was in the woods at fall time and the colors were soo vivid and bright it was amazing. But for the most part the dreams are scary like people and animals coming after me and killing me.
I get intense dreams after other psychedelic experiences but none as vivid and intense as 2C-E. I have always had good experiences on 2C-E and I don’t mind the dreams, I kind of like stuff like that, it just seems a little strange. Maybe it just because I’m crazy.lol

Xorkoth said:
Ugh, that sounds horrible. :(

Yeah, my dream I mentioned was just a regular dream. I have only gotten dreams where I was conscious enough to realize I may or may not be dreaming when I discontinued AMT as I mentioned above. I had some rather unsettling dreams, one in particular about waking up into an alternate reality that was similar but was missing some important parts, like my fiance and cats (my family). In that dream everything was just as real as waking everyday reality, and I went through a long process of gradually coming to accept that I really had somehow woken up somewhere else and might never get back. It was pretty disturbing, really. I've never been so glad to wake up... I was second-guessing whether I was actually awake for days. :\
I hate dreams like that. I have had a few where I lose stuff like my family or some thing really important and it gives me the worst feeling.

I got to try some more 2c-e on saturday night. Funny thing was I also had a nightmare about someone trying to kill me with a knife that night...but I figure it was more then likely because I read this thread. Oh well. Fun trip though =D

got usually nightmares from my few trials with 5-meo-mipt. And didn´t like the speedyness. Like a tryptamin e rush. Really weird.
And stimulants cause me a lot of sleep paralysis. As I´ve always had sleep paralysis this doesn´t surprise me. I just know it´s most likely going to happen. Coz the main reason I get sleep paralysis is insomnia, were I get really really tired before I finally fall asleep.

2c-e side effects, is it worth it?

My ex-gf did 15 mg of 2ce with her ex. They both puked violently all night and felt only baseline efects. I told her after, that with rc's, particuarly, 2c-?'s and some tryptamines, precautions need to be taken. Like smoke a few tokes of good ganja or taking ginger or dramamine to calm the nasuea. They were not serious trippers and in fact quite ignorant.

I am highly experienced with psychedelic including a 100 or so acid trips, mushrooms, 5-meo-dmt(500 mgs), 4-aco-det, 4-ho-det, 4-ho-dipt, 2ct-7, 2ct-2, 2c-i, amt, 5-meo-amt, ipt, mda, mde, mdma,etc.

I have never taken 2c-e and like the idea of having a lsd type trip. How much should I take to really experience a pure plus 3 and what side effects should I watch for? I'll have benzos to abort and ginger plus marijauna for naseau. Any suggestions?

Unfortunately there's no real way to tell what dosage will give you a +++ experience, without just giving it a go.

I'm quite a lightweight, skinny sort of guy so for me I can get a really amazing experience with about 22mgs. Evertime I have done more than 25mgs my trips become quite overwhelming; everything becomes frighteningly 3-dimensional and I start to get a tad anxious (especially outdoors)

But you're right in saying that ginger or a nice joint will help with the nausea. I usually have ginger beer on hand because I find fresh ginger too icky. It's interesting; I've heard that the nausea is not actually caused by the gastro-intestinal area but more by the brain, so there's not much you can do to avoid it.....just don't eat anything for at least 2 hours beforehand and try to stay still during the comeup.

Overall 2c-e is amazing. The side effects are absolutely worth it IMHO, I'm sure you'll be fine ;)

I've never had any of those side effects. All of my 2C-E experience were very blissful...in fact it is one of the best psychedelics I have tried. Everyone is different, but we can't decide for you what is 'worth it.'

Merged in a question about 2C-E side effects. Please be sure to look at the best of PD page and do a quick search to see if the topic exists before posting a new thread. Any questions about a substance should go in its respective Big and Dandy thread unless the topic is more general.

I find 2C-E's side effects and body load to be very subjective. If you're in a good place and comfortable with the trip, it can feel very blissful and excellent. And if you're feeling self-conscious or battling anxieties, it will manifest itself as a strange, uncomfortable energy. It can cause a bit of nausea either way, but it passes. 2C-E is a very deep and serious psychedelic with an overall neutral character, so don't expect some harmless recreation. But used appropriately, 2C-E can be an extremely worthwhile substance.

Damn, 2c-e is one of my favorite psychedelics, but every time at almost exactly the T + 1hour mark (give or take 5 minutes) I puke. Sometimes, this turns into a horrifying "I can't breathe I'm going to die" moment of the trip, other times it's a "wow...I feel great now that I've thrown up the poison in my stomach".

:p I wish I didn't puke at all....although 2c-e remains to be one of my FAVORITE psychedelics up to this point =D

I puke almost everytime I take 2c-e as well. It dosen't bother me that much though, I'm usually tripping balls by the time it happens and it feel sooooo good to get it over with :)