• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014 MLB Thread v. dip spit and crotch grabbin

I knew it

1286177145_005.gif

How is being a padre fan bandwagon and the only reason I root for the angels is because inused to live in anahiem and la

Dumb ass patriot bandwagonmer

nobody here takes you seriously so keep talking, dwe.

:)

when i moved to boston in 1993 and became a patriots fan they were the worst team in football. i paid my dues watching them play like crap for quite some time. not sure how that makes me a bandwagon fan?

alasdair

now now, he is a rather textbook example of a typical West Coast sports fan and should be used for educational purposes

And the padres ever do anything ? Still the worst team in baseballs it's cuz the west coast is now better at all sports and the wester division conferences are known to have a steeper level of competition

Don't get angry guys it's the way of the future

you dont gain fan points for sticking with a team you just lose them for liking multiple teams enough to post aftet they win

sports tends to go in cycles, by design really. not too long ago the opposite was true and the East had more better teams

you'd know this if you followed sports

red sox beating the blue jays 14-1 in the 5th.

go sox!

alasdair

BUCCOS making a run
mccutchen is this generations griffey
outfield of marte, mccutch and polanco is looking like something that might be better than the doyers(dodgers) have going at the moment

let's get it going pitchers
fuck the cards, i don't want ram's week 5 MNF game with vs. niners to happen on same night of a cards NLCS game, just like it did last year when ram's played seattle on MNF

for all the useless things recorded in Baseball, I can't help but feel like there is one that stands out above the rest

Rick Wise threw a no-hitter for the Phillies in 1971 against a Cincinnatti Reds team that included Pete Rose and Johnny Bench

while that is impressive in and of itself, there is also the fact that the very same Rick Wise hit two home runs in the same game.

You can never say that a sole individual is responsible for a victory in a team sport, but Rick Wise got about as close as you can get

now if he had struck out 27 straight batters, he really could have won the game by himself. Although the umpire behind home plate would probably have put that chest protector to good use

unfortunately for Ricky, he happened to be traded for Steve Carlton the very next season, and Carlton went on to become the greatest pitcher in Phillies history.

but in the time between those two things habbening, he was the man around town

Last edited:
Crew still holding first in central.. heading off to the park tomorrow. . Should be good.

can the Hamels foundation buy out Kyle Kendrick's contract?

everyone's got a charity these days, and im sick of hearing "oh that Taney Little League team, inner city you know"

like that's inner city technically, but these kids arent poor. this isnt Hardball with Keanu Reeves. G baby didnt just die

most of them live in center city

honestly it's pooular now but Ive already forgotten about this entire spectacle

oh my god I hate Kyle Kendrick

Good bye Mr. Jeter. A player like you comes along once in a generation. Thanks for the memories and restoring by beloved Yanks to the winners they are.

idk is Mike Trout really considered a different "generation" than Jeter? what constitutes a "generation" exactly anyway? He looks better because he didnt get nailed with steroid drama but they all take shit.

Mariano Rivera was pretty good iirc

jeter was overrated on a team that could spend money to surround him with talent every year. they wouldnt have seriously considered letting him walk a few years ago if that werent the case

RIp giancarlo's face

How the fuck can you say Jeter was overrated?

The greatest Yankee of all time
1st ballot HOF

Probably one of the most clutch players when it comes to playoffs