• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2014 MLB Thread v. dip spit and crotch grabbin

I was thinking about this last night, wtf did Ruben Amaro do to the Phillies?

Lets do a quick recap:

they built a new stadium in the early 2000s that was geared towards a hitting team

they win the World Series in 2008 with a team that was primarily focused on the linuep, not the pitching.

so they go out and sign a bunch of high-priced pitching free agents and the rest of the team slides into mediocrity. i could probably get a few looks in their farm system as well

this is basically how I feel about this team and the direction they are heading

hqdefault.jpg

why is Giancarlo not on this team? trade the fucking liberty bell itself for this guy ho my gahhd. Budweiser should pay this guy every time he socks a dinger over their bar or get him a case of beer at the least

<em>

*NOTE* that is not the same home run as the one previously posted in this thread. he just does that a lot

going to the Phillies game tomorrow me and my man have great seats, post pics later.

They better crush the mets Goddamn it

going to red sox game at fenway today. go sox!

alasdair

the Cubs are the only team in history who blamed not winning a world series on a foul ball

Seems like west coast teMs are better in all major sports

Spurs
Giants
Athletics
Seahawks
Kings
Ducks
Angels
Okc
49ers
Clippers
Chargers
Denver
Sharks

more moronic drivel.

denver is 1000 miles from the west coast! san antonio is 1400 miles from the west coast!

what about the padres?

lolfail.

alasdair

check out this list of delicious fruits:

cherries
bananas
tangerines
space shuttles
apples
pineapples
badgers
kiwi fruits

:\

alasdair

san antonio texas is closer to the east coast than the west coast.

your geography knowledge is as non-existent are your sports knowledge, dwe.

alasdair

Still in western conference

Just admit west coast sports is more talented than easy coast

san antonio is 500 miles west of STL, gateway to the west
maybe SA isn't west coast but god damn it is far from being east coast
texas is just it's own waste land, no coasts required

and besides southern california and AZ, the west coast is little league compared to areas covered by the SEC, ACC and big 12
sadly big ten and big east aren't even as talented as junior college leagues in tennessee
playing year round has it's advantages

guys play professionally in the west coast, some by choice others by circumstance, and that's their only connection to the left

i get paid $1000+ a month(2 month long season) to coach baseball, i know more than all of you

Judaism is and will always be $

if you can win and make money, i will tip my cap

but seriously the reason oakland always wins is because they have roster filled with young dudes hungry for that 50+mil contract that 50% of the league is willing to pay
guys paying rent are going to bust their asses far more than guys who own multiple homes and boats and shit, not that i blame them, get paid, enjoy life

think the last year that the pirate's lost 100+ games they were #1 in net profit, i don't even know what to call that

Oakland hasnt won anything since they started going by Sabermetrics

never even been to the World Series actually

and I can say this because the A's used to be in Philadelphia and didnt suck dick

they were actually more or less a dynasty

Yeah so minnesota twins just installed self serve beer machines at target field

You can purchase up to 48 oz every 15 minutes

Lol

First in mlb to do this