• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013 MLB thread

I'd like somebody to give me a SERIOUS opinion on whether the Constitution, Declaration of Independence or even the Magna Carta allows for baseball fans to forcibly remove a baseball team from its owner.

Context:

Miami Marlins front office takes backseat to owner Jeffrey Loria

According to sources, owner Jeffrey Loria is making all baseball decisions, which rankles president of baseball operations Larry Beinfest and president David Samson.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2013/09/17/3631355/miami-marlins-front-office-takes.html#storylink=cpy

I'd prefer the opinion of a lawyer, but I suppose any baseball fan's will do.

Usurper.

^ he's the owner. he can do what he wants.

also:

149385d1238942029-logo-help-red-sox-2-trans-bg.png

alasdair

^ he's the owner. he can do what he wants.

Athletic teams should belong to the people. The people.

Actually I don't know how we could socialize professional sports. Libertarians would demand that they be defunded, and liberals would demand that we divert money to the arts.

Athletic teams should belong to the people. The people.
if that's the case, then 'the people' should buy the team. then they'll be the owner and will be able to do what they want.

alasdair

if that's the case, then 'the people' should buy the team. then they'll be the owner and will be able to do what they want.

alasdair

I could get behind that. Aren't the Packers municipally owned?

But I think it's incumbent on Bud Selig to step in. Jeffrey Loria damages the MLB brand.

i'm going to cry so hard when pirates get the last WC spot and lose the one game series

preventing me from seeing the electric response within PNC park from the eager jolly roger baring fans, specially since the steelers suck

al east champs. boston red sox.

can't wait to meet the yankees in the playoffs. nevermind.

that is all.

alasdair

^Fuck yeah. Absolutely love this team. Almost as much as "The Idiots" of '04.
This team is so tough, resilient. I fretted they'd fall apart when The Rays made their hard charge. Did not fall apart, at all.
Some postseason draws make me nervous. TB will be a tough out. But we got the pitching with Buch back.
This is the exact type of team I can see blasting through the playoffs. Until we see the Dogders. Yikes. Pitching in abundance.
I'm still hopeful.

i'm hoping for red sox vs. a's for the pennant. so i can give awb shit that he won't see :)

alasdair

no love for me after pirates clinch first playoff birth in over 20 years?

i fucking hate you all more than you hate me right now

Miguel Cabrera still gets a standing ovation at Marlins park, even when he gets a hit for the opposition.

The guy who traded him was fired yesterday, but the truly responsible party is un-fireable because of our stupid private property laws.

I am trying to locate NATO's criteria for military intervention. I think a compelling case exists here.

Feels good knowing the best hitter of all time will retire and go into the HOF as a Detroit Tiger :)

Henderson Alvarez just pitched the first walk-off no hitter in MLB history.

Im pulling for the pirates and the braves in the NL, as long as the dodgers lose im happy.

i rooted hard for SF both WS

bucs have that kinda team
good pitching, great 'pens, experienced coaching, and young stars mixed in with revolving vets

game could have been more dramatic imo
but fans effectively fucking with cueto was fucking awesome, even if coincidental

GO BUCCOS!! WOO HOO!! it's been 21 years since our last playoffs berth, and "The Great One" Roberto Clemente's jersey number was 21 - I truly feel as if this season will be a World Series gift from the heavens for the last 21 years of hardships us fans have faced!!

however, chances are your team did not make the playoffs. which begs the questions "which team do I root for?" here, let this flowchart do all the work for ya!

Flowchart_revisedcopy_fl1naq69_nlc39ngp.jpg

Anybody but the Braves.

Since I've been a Marlins' fan for two decades, I'm rooting for a Tigers Dodgers world series, since between the two teams you have about 270 former Marlins.