• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013 MLB thread

man, iglesias' catch was pretty damn great.

red sox roll.

:)

alasdair

st louis has kershaw's number and wacha is still a g

im just glad the dodgers are perenniel LCS losers. it's crazy how a team could lose Albert Pujols and get better right away but the cardinals are building a semi-dynasty here if they win another one

congrats to Jim Leyland for being a class act all these years... I still remember when he rocked the Pittsburgh Pirates way back when Barry Bonds wasn't all roided out

I'm frequently disappointed at how few Miamians know that Leyland brought us a world series in 1997.

My heart still aches, I can't watch more than a few innings at a time but I'm sure I'll watch some of the WS. Should be a good one.

Jim Leyland will be missed. Always funny when cameras would catch him smoking in the tunnel or dugout.
That Tiger's team is so flawed but so good. Spectacular starting pitching, shit bullpen, the superstar of superstar hitters and a fat disaster being paid like a superstar, great defense at some positions(even with his huge error, Iglesias is pretty fucking special) and atrocities at others.
Best, most tense, tightest 6 game series I've ever witnessed. This Sox team doesn't die.
I absolutely hate Torii Hunter and Iggy but the rest of the Tiger's are OK as far as I'm concerned.
I love how everyone's on about Wacha and Wainwright. They're really, really good. But so's Verlander and Scherzer(really happy not to have to look at his creepy eyes anymore this year.) Boston won all 3 games started by those 2 Tiger's.
Boston works starters and can hit good bullpen pitching. Their pitching's overlooked. Really solid.
Boston in 6. That's my completely biased prediction.

this season has been one of my all time favs. i just had to purchase this:

pMLB2-17160196dt.jpg

and will wear it with pride :D

...kytnism...:|

i too questioned the hump.

my imagination tells me shes stashing a grapefruit for lunch. :D

...kytnism...:|

Are there any (non-hispanic) black players on either of these teams?

The Sox have Quintin Berry. Pinch runner. That's it.
I'm not 100% but I don't think St. Louis has anyone.