• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013-2014 NBA Thread v. AI is officially retired

lol really you think the refs blew that game?

Indiana blows a 15 point lead and ends up losing by 12(27 point swing)... RIGGED

those 3 pointers ray allen kept draining.. had to be rigged too

Paul George 5/13 FG, 1/6 3-pt, 6/10 FT....gott be rigged

Roy Hibbert 2 rebounds in 36 minutes.. that's gotta be rigged too

Indiana 17 turnovers, that also has to be rigged

Last edited:
lol seriously if you're 7'2" and can only get 2 rebounds in 3 full quarters of playing time you suck

what you see in the 1st quarter is what happens before all the foul trouble. every one of paul george's fouls were little or no contact stuff. just like they did to david west game 2. lebron knows he can just trip on himself and get a foul.

heat had 15 turnovers so that wasnt a factor.

paul george played the entire 4th quarter with 5 fouls and when you've got 5 fouls you cant truly play defense. i miss when they used to let them play in the playoffs. that stopped a few years ago.

I agree some of the fouls on George were really shitty, but I do remember Lebron getting a foul when George was driving to the basket and he didn't even touch him, it was a pretty bad call.

and mike I think you're thinking of George hill with the 5 fouls, cause Paul George finished the game with only 4 fouls.

But honestly I can't let go of Hibbert's performance.. 2 rebounds in 36 minutes... That is so bad

Hibbert should be getting 10+ rebounds every single game no excuses

yeah i remember that and it was a terrible call. There were a lot of bad calls on Bosh also but he's been playing terrible I really wish he was in more. i guess you're right, watching the game the entire time i thought they both had 5 fouls. still 32 minutes for Paul George is 10+ less minutes than he usually plays which is basically an entire quarter he could have been in. then he tried chucking up shots in the 4th to make up for it.

For Hibbert, I don't really remember any rebounds that he should have got that he didnt. I thought he played good last night offensively and forcing the heat to take tough shots.

One major positive from this series so far though is Lance Stephenson. The guy is earning some cash big time right now, and he's being covered and had to cover Lebron James last game and I thought he more than held his own considering the size difference. It just makes me wonder if he's playing so great in this series, he should be able to dominate big time against worse teams.

Yeah lance definitely deserved most improved player.. And I love dragic.. But lance really improved his game more than anyone else.

Signing Lance Stephenson is the #1 priority for the Pacers this offseason imo. I don't think their offense is the same without him(and defense)

I'd hate to see Indiana do what OKC did letting go of James Harden... If they still had James harden I guarantee they would be in the finals. Maybe even go as far as dynasty.

As good as Westbrook is, I just think the combo of Durant/Harden is better for the type of offensive scheme they want to run. And Reggie Jackson has definitely proven he can hold his own at the PG position

I agree some of the fouls on George were really shitty, but I do remember Lebron getting a foul when George was driving to the basket and he didn't even touch him, it was a pretty bad call.

and mike I think you're thinking of George hill with the 5 fouls, cause Paul George finished the game with only 4 fouls.

But honestly I can't let go of Hibbert's performance.. 2 rebounds in 36 minutes... That is so bad

Hibbert should be getting 10+ rebounds every single game no excuses

That whole game had really shitty officiating. I thought the officiating favored the Pacers, but if Pacers fans feel it favored the Heat, then I think it just proves that the officiating was really shitty both ways.

Yeah lance definitely deserved most improved player.. And I love dragic.. But lance really improved his game more than anyone else.

Signing Lance Stephenson is the #1 priority for the Pacers this offseason imo. I don't think their offense is the same without him(and defense)

I'd hate to see Indiana do what OKC did letting go of James Harden... If they still had James harden I guarantee they would be in the finals. Maybe even go as far as dynasty.

As good as Westbrook is, I just think the combo of Durant/Harden is better for the type of offensive scheme they want to run. And Reggie Jackson has definitely proven he can hold his own at the PG position

im not big on Harden. I think he's a great player, but I don't like him as the main guy on the rockets and think he's pretty overrated. Him on the Thunder where he was the 6th main was the perfect role for him though.

did you watch tonight's game? now stephenson and hibbert were taken out early. props to jeff van gundy on calling out a lot of the bullshit calls because most announcers i think are told not to.

tonight was clear how huge Hibbert is to the defense. As soon as Hibbert gets in early foul trouble and leaves the game lebron james and dwyane wade get to the rim with ease compared to when hes in the game just settling for jump shots.

pacers #1 defense with hibbert and without they might not even be in top 10.

you dont touch Dr J unprovoked, Cleveland will be shit for a while then slightly above average shit for even longer when they take Andrew Wiggins. He is Corey Brewer if you really watch him play

Kyrie is going to leave sooner than later

Cleveland is supposed to be drafting Andrew Wiggins?

Apparently Luis Scola is the only person on Indiana that isn't a cry baby bitch.

Holy shit the pacers are definitely the #1 team at talking. and talking and talking. They act they are entitled to a championship it's actually starting to get embarrassing. All they do is complain and complain about the refs it's so fucking sad and makes Indy extremely easy to hate. Bunch of cry babies imo.. Except Luis Scola who was the only person to admit the refs didn't blow games for them. (especially when you lose by double digits) I mean fuck they beat them easy without Chris Anderson

I thought it was so funny when David West was whining like a little bitch in the 3rd quarter and Frank Vogel got a tecchnical cause he threw a temper tantrum...

Then they show the replay... David West didn't even get touched.. not at all. And then he throws his arms up the air crying, looking for a call and frank Vogel gets t'd up. Guarantee he feels like an idiot when he watched the replay later

Sorry but Indy is a bunch of babies who think they are entitled to a championship without actually earning it.

and once again I'm gonna say it:

Roy Hibbert is fucking garbage. I honestly think he has emotional problems... He's he type of guy you gotta keep telling him he's special and great for him to actually perform at high level

Hibbert commits the fucking dumbest fouls too. It's not a surprise he's in foul trouble at all. His basketball IQ is extremely low

apparently the owner of the Grizzlies got pissed off at Tony Allen because he wouldnt play him 1v1

the owner thinks he can be a player or something lol

I know mike is gonna hate the last post I made but that's how I truly feel about the pacers right now.

And trust me I was on the pacers bandwagon since the offseason.. I mean I really do want to see them succeed, but what I've seen from them lately is just downright embarrassing

how can you not lose by double digits if the other team gets 34 free throws which iirc was the heat's season high. 27 total fouls. and if u watched the game basically all of them were either no contact-little contact fouls over and over again that you could really call on almost every possession. i dont care what team you are, no team will ever truly deserve that many free throw attempts in a single game.

but yeah i saw that play where david west got upset on a no call and nothing happened. thought that was dumb but vogel was probably thinking with how things were going with the refs that they probably messed up again.

and Hibbert is rarely ever in foul trouble. He used to early in his career, but he actually does a great job of going straight up and avoiding fouls. also did u see that hibbert technical? that was bulloney.

lebron was being a major baby back bitch when pacers played great d and they actually didnt call a foul he would be so upset and just slowly walk down to the other side of the court while everyone is running back. i understand he's the best player in the nba, but could you ever imagine Adrian Peterson doing anything like that?

when pacers were down 3-2 to the hawks no one was complaining about refs. only reason they are now is because 30+ free throws is just ridiculous, especially how they're getting these fouls.

home cookin' %)

Wait so it's miami's fault that Indy commits stupid fouls?

Do you remember game 1??

Heat - 15 FT
Pacers - 37 FT (The most by any team in the 2014 playoffs)

yeah game 1 pacers dominated from start to finish and had 10+ lead the entire game. their size is too much for the heat so they should be the ones getting the fouls not the other way around. heat are settling for jump shots big time when hibbert is in the game and i'll give them props they are making them but idk how they could truly get a ton of fouls the way they're playing. did they deserve that many free throws? probably not, but i bet heat didnt even deserve 15.

then they bring joey crawford to start the turnaround. and pacers arent doing a bunch of stupid fouls. they're doing stuff that simply isnt a foul and im not used to these same calls vs other teams. no one could seriously sit down watch the entire game really look at every single foul and say something weird isnt going on. maybe the refs do just suck really bad but idk.

like last game when lebron shot an airball and was upset he didnt get a foul so he walks down while everyone else is running, it's 5 on 4 and Rashard Lewis just does the most half assed flop right in front of the ref and the ref totally just saves lebrons ass with a foul call.

i was watching last game with my brother who rarely watches basketball besides the occassional playoff game, but when he does he's usually agreeing with the refs with these soft fouls, while i'm like let them play hard layup to the basket elbow to the face no foul great play. and he likes lebron james, so he gets on my nerves sometimes watching games with him. but last game basically 100% of the time he agreed with me and after the game was over he says to me, "why do you even watch this?" *crickets*

Miami up by 9 at halftime and Lebron is 1-5 with only 2 pts.

Game over.

Lol Indy bareeeely escapes. Great game, but Paul George just saved their season.

I'm not even gonna get into the Lebron foul trouble.. We all know that was the difference in the game

Goddamn I want to see someone punch Frank Vogel in the face though. He talks like he is retarded.. his voice is so fucking annoying

Indy better be ready for Lebron in game 5 because I guarantee he drops 30+ points

lol I told you Frank Vogel looks like he should be teaching Geometry in high school

i have mixed feelings about last night's game. Gonna start off and say that all 5 of lebron's fouls weren't even fouls. pacers played so bad in the 1st half offensively and were getting so much help from the refs and were still struggling because the heat tied their playoff record for most 3s in a game with Rashard Lewis seemingly making everything out of nowhere.

But then that 31 point 2nd half performance by Paul George was just unlike anything I've ever seen before. One of the greatest games and definitely greatest half by a player I've ever watched. 2nd half he was making every shot and stealing it left and right. 6 steals he was just everywhere in the 2nd half and finished them off with monster jams. One time I thought i pulled my arm out of it's socket i threw my hand so hard in celebration. I'd like to thank the refs because without them none of this would be possible. But at the same time they can go fuck themselves because pacers final game is on Friday.

also it's hilarious watching stephenson piss everyone off.
BirxHr9.gif

854832927.gif

Eh I disagree I thought all fouls called on Lebron were correct other than his 2nd one where he didn't even touch George Hill.

Other than that I thought the refs did a great job

You could say maybe the one where him and lance got tangled up could go either way, but if you actually look closely when Lance slaps the ball out and starts chasing after it, Lebron is holding him back with his arm. Clearly a foul imo

Props to Miami for not complaining about officiating. Paul George is the reason they won.. But that will be different in game 5 when he is being guarded by Lebron and not Wade/Allen/Lewis

Last edited: