• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2013-2014 NBA Thread v. AI is officially retired

they used to say that about Lebron until he won two straight

westbrook is fearless but he aint Kobe, and he aint Isiah, and he aint AI

so he needs to learn how to run a fucking halfcourt offense, which is what has always been the issue with him.

They need to trade him so KD can fully be "the guy" instead of this quasi-Batman shit they got going on now

Nah man, the only reason that Westbrook has to iso so much is because Scott Brookes can't draw up a play to save his life.
OKC wouldnt even be in the second round without Westbrook man. He will win a championship before Durant when they split up.

They should try and trade him to New Orleans for Tyreke and Eric Gordon

tyreke at point with eric gordon at SG and KD at SF

its fuckin.....OVERRR

mike I find it funny that both of our choices earlier in the year for MIP are now guarding each other in the playoffs

Goran Dragic fucked everything up though, coulda given the award to the whole Phoenix Suns team imo

Roy Hibbert is the best or 1A best defensive center, without a doubt. I just dont see him dropping 25+ points very often.

Nene is basically Anderson Varejao but with dreadlocks and more post moves. Not exactly a presence on defense though and can pick up fouls a bit easily.

Time to settle (the true) MIP on the court how it should be. Too bad theyre two different players on offense really

Yeah that was lame imo. I mean he's a really good player, but Goran Tragic was definitely not most improved. he had a boost in 6ppg and nothing else. he even got 2 less assist per game. stephenson had a boost in +5 extra ppg, +1.7 extra assists, and +3.3 extra rebounds. and to top it off he got snubbed from the all star game. how tragic.

Kawhi Leonard gets 10x better during the playoffs. Unbelievable how good of a player he is.. honestly he is getting close to being better than Paul George as an all around player. I think he's already a way better defender than George

Can you imagine if the Pacers didn't trade him??

Paul George and Kawhi Leonard on the same team. Would be a sick defense

I just dont agree with that at all. George's offense is just much better than Leonard's. Yeah I saw he had a great game yesterday but that's only one game. Let's look at a whole season. Definitely really like Leonard though.

And Pacers didnt truly draft him. They only selected him because the Spurs wanted him. If they were gonna draft they woulda went PG. Would have to mention the other 14 teams who passed on him.

Paul George - #1 option on his team
Kawhi Leonard - #3 option on his team

Huge difference, you can't compare them by ppg. If Leonard took as many shots as George he'd be miles ahead in ppg.

Paul George - 36 mpg
Kawhi Leonard - 29 mpg

Paul George - 42.4 FG%
Kawhi Leonard - 52.2 FG% (crazy)

Paul George - 36.4% 3-pt
Kawhi Leonard - 37.9% 3-pt

Last night was a display of what happens when Popovich actually let's Kawhi shoot the ball instead of passing, stealing, blocking, rebounding, etc.

^im not going off ppg at all, just the eye test really. and if kawhi leonard was the #1 option on his team then his field goal % would go down because as of now he's not the one taking all the tough shots that your #1 option does every game.

hypothetical situation, if lebron james was the #3 option on a team his field goal percentage would be like 70%.

Wizards are about to destroy the Pacers.

"The 63 points breaks Washington's franchise record for fewest points scored in any game."

Can't believe this, but Drew Gooden actually flops more than lebron when you look at flop per minute. refs called his first flop and definitely noticed it afterwards because they didnt call anymore the rest of the game and he was just embarrassing himself.

Drew Gooden is half Finnish thats why his face kind of looks like the Cat in The Hat

good Reggie Evans type of player

lol, thats who I always use for my "slightly under 7 feet but husky as fuck guy who will get rebounds just because you cant move his ass" comparisons

reggie evans is probably my favorite borderline goon of all time, but he can fuckin hold down the boards off the bench though

he dropped a double/double with 14 boards over Blake and DeAndre the last time they played, thought that was funny

two huge comebacks. pacers down by 19 points in the 3rd quarter, paul george with 28 2nd half points and 39 overall, and hibbert 15 2nd half points, and had that huge hook shot late. i thought the 2nd quarter was gonna ruin the game like the 1st quarter did in game 1. stephenson almost fucked it up there at the end when he basically got the game ending rebound but threw it away.

"Paul George is the 1st player in NBA playoff history to hit the 39-pt, 12-rebound, 7 3-pointers combo."

lol dwe you're gonna love this:

Last edited:
Damn Lebron just threw down a dunk so hard. Might have been one of the loudest dunks I have heard on tv.

They better check to see if that rim is broken lol

damn theyre calling a lot of fouls in this pacers game, maybe its just me. john wall isnt as good of a pg in a halfcourt offense as a lot of guys actually, hes just really really fast. what happened to trevor ariza i cant even right now

Gortat is making the Pacers bigs look like a couple of bitches under the rim. It seems like one of Washingtons bigs step up every game. Apart from a few mistakes they should actually be up 3-1 right now.

nba needs the series to go as many games as possible tbh

seemed like pacers just took the night off. really upset with lance stephenson though. he tries to sub himself into the game early in the 2nd quarter and vogel didnt want him in there and then he acts like a baby the rest of the game. most of those rebounds were in mid range where stephenson typically gets all his rebounds and guess how many rebounds he has today? zero.

these are the kind of antics why on wouldnt be extremely upset if they didnt re-sign him.

Last edited:
He's been acting like a bitch ever since he got snubbed from the all star game.

am I the only one who thinks it wasnt really a "snub"?

you want to be an all-star?

all-stars dont get blown out by 30 in a potentially clinching playoff game at home when all they fuckin talked about all year was getting home court advantage for the Eastern Conference Finals

Pacers are such bitches, only took you guys a year of them not being the underdogs to realize that

also Evan Turner, enough said