• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2012-2013 College Basketball v. Join the BL NCAA Basketball Bracket! page 9 ITT

I hope Temple or Drexel makes it as a 12 seed that would be oh so sweet

proud to be an american

and gopher fan

needed this win, now gotta take care of business with @nebraska, vs psu and @ prudue left of schedule and carry momentum into post season

tubby needed this win, flip saunders was in the building, looking to take jobs and shit

minnesota's strength of schedule being #1 should speak volumes when it comes seeding time

What a fucking awesome game. I'm so glad Minnesota won because that means Michigan is definitely capable of beating Indiana if they play good.

Also right now my most overrated team in the country is Miami. The farthest I would put them making it in the tournament is Sweet 16, and even that is a stretch.

Anyone interested in doing a bracket with me? I'm already in one for money, but I think it would be fun to do one with Bluelighters.

Cool. It will obviously have to be another website so we'll have to register .. I hope everyone is ok with that.

And if anyone can contact Chickenscratch let him now about it if he wants in cause I think he's banned for awhile lol

What a fucking awesome game.
it really was man

not gonna lie, it meant a lot ot me when the color guy was like 'this is the most fun i've ever had calling game,' you can tell you was being pretty sincere

man minnesota shot so many bricks on wide open shots, if they made even half of them that game was a blowout

minnesota can beat anyone in the country and it's nice knowing in NCAA time won't have to worry about playing anyone from big ten till elite 8

not saying i expect them to win it all, and a final four is a major stretch, but fuck, if george mason can do it it....

teams outside the big ten have never seen anything like the physical play/rebounding/and defense that minnesota plays .....if only they had 2 lights out shooters :(

yeah but they are so stagnant on offense. That's part of the reason they are such good offensive rebounders, a lot of their shots dont go in.

ummm

when a team shoots and misses the odds are for the non-shooting team to grab the board

their offense did just fine when they didn't play the cream of the big ten, they shot like 60% fgs outside of conference

mbakwe is a the best big man in the big ten, he made zeller look soooo bad last night, rodney williams sucks on offensive, but i gotta agree with all the talking heads when they say he;s the most athletic player in the conference...did you see that 3pt shot he blocked in the corner in crunch time last night? the dude's hand appeared higher than the top of the backboard

they're not just good offensive rebounders, they are also the best defensive rebounding and shot blocking team in big ten

why do you try and act like you understand the program more than i do?

you're the stereotypical 'angry,young, wanna-be tough guy' that everyone knows

if you want to give me shit about hping up my team, have it it

but that's part of what these forums are for, hyping up teams that matter to you

Last edited:
Also right now my most overrated team in the country is Miami. The farthest I would put them making it in the tournament is Sweet 16, and even that is a stretch.

Based on what? I think we already did this, but as I recall there was no substantiation to the claim that Miami is overrated (other than the loss to Florida Gulf Coast while missing a handfull of key players). They have pretty consistently beat some of the best teams in the nation this season, despite a few lapses, and I do not believe that they have simply been lucky that many times. They have had two major lapses (one recently against Wake Forest), but so does everybody in the basketball. The nature of the game is such that a crappy team gets hot from three point range one night and beats a great team that is both cold and in an amotivational slump. Miami's record, with the number 2 RPI in the country, simply cannot be dismissed.

I'm not just saying this because I'm a raging homer of a Miami fan, but also because I hate seeing claims like "I feel like xxxxx is overrated" without providing a reason why somebody believes they are overrated. Pet peeve of mine. The fact that it involved Miami simply motivated me to post about it.

^ did you know chris bosh has a lot to do with the team's development?

if you don't know the story, i'll share

they dont have anyone who can dribble around anyone. its all just pass pass, pass, pass, shitty shot, Offensive rebound, pass, pass, shitty shot, offensive rebound tip in.

it works against teams that have no size but if the other team is even remotely as good in the frontcourt then they really dont have any advantage

but they could get a good matchup idk

they dont have anyone who can dribble around anyone. its all just pass pass, pass, pass, shitty shot, Offensive rebound, pass, pass, shitty shot, offensive rebound tip in.

it's called controlling the tempo

luckily not many teams have a better front court, mbakwe is a first team all big ten forward, ellison off the bench can be a nice fit considering he's 7'0

it frustrates the hell out of opponents(and my self)

it's their only chance vs mich/osu/iu/msu

cant you make like your own bracket pools on espn or something. I vaguely remember doing that like 3 years ago

Penn State 0-14 in Big Ten play this year.

Of course Michigan would lose to them.

Last edited:
Mizzou is I ranked but they just won tonight. Anyone have an idea of where they will be in the bracket. I figure they are like ranked 30-40...

bracketolgy is really only helpful for bubble teams atm

losing in first round of conf tournament compared to winning it all could cause a 3+/- seed swing

about to watch gophers play the RED HOT nittany lions

my sentiments towards this season echo what this writer at espn.com had to say:
Minnesota. I'll bump Minnesota up one spot for two reasons: (1) It just beat No. 1 Indiana at home, and (2) I actually think the Gophers are a lot better than their 3-8 record from Jan. 12 through Feb. 20. A lot better. I also think it's kind of ridiculous for a team led by a sixth-year senior such as Trevor Mbakwe to just go AWOL for more than a month. How does that happen? How can I watch you lose 72-51 at Iowa and see you slap your opponents' butts and help guys up off the floor as you put up 45 points in 69 possessions at Ohio State … and then come out pounding your chest against Indiana a few days later? Are we all supposed to forget how much your team has stunk for the past five weeks? Are we supposed to assume you're the plucky underdog now? And why on earth is Tubby Smith's record in February at Minnesota so bad?

I have my theories. It would almost be easier if Minnesota had gotten punked Tuesday, because then we could start to acknowledge that they're just not that good after all. Nice November, lots of promise, another disappointing season. But Minnesota is good. They're big, physical, deep, balanced and good. I think Iowa is really underrated, but you can't tell me the team we saw Tuesday night is 19 points worse than Iowa. Or seven points worse than Northwestern. It just isn't. Which means one thing: They've underachieved. The effort hasn't been there.

If I were a fan I'd rather my team was just bad."