• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

2010 NFL Season pt. 2 vers. FUDGE PACKERS VS DA SQUEALERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not since drafting Big Ben. The knock on the Steelers in the post season during Cowher's tenure was not winning playoff games. Especially the horrible losses at home against SD and NE in AFC Championship games. You can win a ton of games with an awesome D (and even sometimes a SB ala Tampa Bay) but a great QB is what sets you apart. Go back to the Steeler QBs prior to Ben being the starting QB and tell me you dont chuckle at the names. ;)

Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnel, Bubby Brister!!

Mike Tomczack!!

the pre-Big Ben QBs save for Terry Bradshaw are a joke!!

but now we have a proven winner and future HOFer in Big Ben. he's already won more playoff games than Peyton and he's inching up on Tom Brady!!!

Tommy Maddox, Kordell Stewart, Neil O'Donnel, Bubby Brister!!

Mike Tomczack!!

the pre-Big Ben QBs save for Terry Bradshaw are a joke!!

but now we have a proven winner and future HOFer in Big Ben. he's already won more playoff games than Peyton and he's inching up on Tom Brady!!!

And only Brady has a better win% too.

BUT Big Ben broke Tom Lady's record of being the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl....

I don't think any QB is going to break that record in the foreseeable future, because Big Ben won it in his 2nd year starting :D

BUT Big Ben broke Tom Lady's record of being the youngest QB to win the Super Bowl....

I don't think any QB is going to break that record in the foreseeable future, because Big Ben won it in his 2nd year starting :D

He really didnt win it though. It was more of the team and less of him now the cards game was awesome But I still think it was S holmes that made Big ben thrive more than say Big ben.

Go Falcons!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm rocking the Ol Skool Atlanta Falcons logo avatar!!!!!!!!!!!

He really didnt win it though. It was more of the team and less of him now the cards game was awesome But I still think it was S holmes that made Big ben thrive more than say Big ben.

absolute, complete rubbish. sure, Holmes may have made some truly SPECTACULAR athletic catches during that SB-winning drive - I always give the QB more props than any other cog in the offense for game-winning drives (as long as it's not like some Seattle breakaway run of course)

think about it this way: Holmes would have never gotten THE CHANCE to make those plays if the damn ball wasn't even put out on or around his body!!

HERE WE GO STEELERS; HERE WE GO!!

167183_10100377272504795_12453586_61708670_669619_n.jpg

wow, what a shitty first half by the Steelers

I think I could smell their numerous brain farts on offense, right from my couch

srsly, Pittsburgh had more brain farts than the number of times Kenickie switches the team she is rooting for, from week-to-week, in college and pro ;)

wow, what a shitty first half by the Steelers

I think I could smell their numerous brain farts on offense, right from my couch

srsly, Pittsburgh had more brain farts than the number of times Kenickie switches the team she is rooting for, from week-to-week, in college and pro ;)

lol whatever jim, if you didn't notice, every other southerner on my FB was rooting for Auburn too -- and since my team is out of the race, i picked who i wanted to win the most. you expect me to sit at home and root for the saints/lsu when they are out of the running? 8)

wow... the Ravens don't even have 100 yards of total offense yet, in the 4th quarter... yet it's tied

Unglued did say the brain fart comment, but I am not above stealing comments from him (due to him being generally awesome and everything I look for in a man)

I'm glad somebody agrees with my Keni comment ;) no offense K, just playing around. I wish I could mince between teams, but my soul really bleeds Black & Gold

What a great game, Playoff football at its best.

Hope GB wins later . ;)

If only to prove the 2 best players in the NFL right now are both from Cali, the state that people like Atlien3 think know nothing about the game.

Tom Brady - San Mateo,CA
Aaron Rodgers - Chico,CA

When Jay Cuntler is the only SEC QB playing in the NFL playoffs, you know the self appointed god of football conference the SEC has some catching up to do.... :)

Last edited:
I'm watching it with my mom, beneath a pile of chicken wings, and it's great to see a foreigner lady who is usually the more distinguished type - to be shouting "GO STEELERS!" when the good happens, and "FUCK!" when the bad happens :D

the reason I am a Pittsburgh Steelers fan in the Heart of Ohio (Columbus is like 1/3 Browns fans, 1/3 Bengals fans, and 1/3 Steelers fan so it is a veritable war zone of maniacal fan-dom) is due to my dad being from Pittsburgh. he integrated me into the Steelers winning ways when I was just a young axl blaze. I grew up wearing a #58 Jack Lambert jersey (still perhaps the best Linebacker in the history of the universe)...

sadly, my pops passed away right before the season my Steelers made that impossible SB XL run when they were only the 6th seed

him passing away brought my mom and me a lot closer, and even more rabid, screaming prototypical Steelers fans ;)

Sorry to hear about your pops AXL.

The Steelers may be whiny biotches( no offense) but always had mad respect for them, even if they were crap when i was growing up with guys like Mark Malone :)

OMFG Ratbirds return nixed by flag, how dumb.

since when is Aaron Rodgers the second best player in the NFL?

he's good, and he has the stats. I've seen John Clayton go back and forth between Rodgers or Roethlisberger as the #2 QB of the year...

however, in the NFL I think Super Bowl trophies are the most important factor to a player's success. I don't think that Big Ben is the second best player in the NFL, but I think that Aaron Rodgers has a LONG way to go. again, he has nice stats, but don't get ahead of yourself

Rodgers has only won ONE playoff game ;)

however, in the NFL I think Super Bowl trophies are the most important factor to a player's success.

lol

dont watch football anymore but this game was awesome. looking forward to gb-atl. i <3 matt ryan and joe flacco.

I used to kick it with Matty Ice, when we both lived in Boston. SOLID guy with great character...

thanks for your concern, TLM :) he passed away a long time ago, so it's not really that difficult anymore. if anything, it just makes my Steelers love even more strong

Status
Not open for further replies.