• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs 2-FMA (2-Fluoromethamphetamine) - Megathread

"I took an NMR of the 2-FMA from october and it came out with a significant peak at 9.6 indicating contamination from the precursor aldehyde." Quote from SOS, from a big EU vendor.
I consumed at least 1 g of this batch, how worried should i be?
Thanks

well that is worrying, I took a gram of it at around the same time from the same vendor. Has the user posted the NMR anywhere else?

Where do **-* keep their NMR scans? Just been on the site and I can't see any.

"I took an NMR of the 2-FMA from october and it came out with a significant peak at 9.6 indicating contamination from the precursor aldehyde." Quote from SOS, from a big EU vendor.
I consumed at least 1 g of this batch, how worried should i be?
Thanks

Anyone?

aldehyde naturally occurs in alot of common foods, i wouldnt be too worried. my batch came from the same region, same time frame (last september) and im about to polish off the gram i recieved with a final dose of 80 mg orally. just waiting on my vitamin C extended release tablet to wear off. dont want it weakening my amp buzz.

Also, I'm curious as to what can be said about the neurotoxicity of this compound on it's own. If I recall correctly 2-fma does not release serotonin.

I believe, 2-FMA indeed binds to SERT. In order to underline my statement I've collected some info from papers regarding the effects of X-F(M)A's.
I've made a comparison chart with gathered scientific data coupled with personal experience.
Unfortunately, I cannot say anything to the in vitro potency of 2-FMA but I tried to derive data from experience in the end.
Would be great if someone could complement the summary with data for 2-FMA.

potency expressed in mean of self-administered dose in mg per kilogram body weight (tested on apes), that is sufficient as cocaine replacement:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4-FA

3-FA

Meth-A

In vitro potencies of inhibition of monoamine uptake in nano-moles (the lower the stronger) :
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4-FA

DA : 33.3, NE : 18.3, 5-HT : 218

3-FA

DA : 24.2, NE : 16.1, 5-HT : 1937

Dextroamph

DA : 8.0, NE : 7.2, 5-HT : 1756

Meth :

DA : 4.67, NE : 6.47, 5-HT : 116

LD_50s of fluoroamphs vs. amph in mice :
--------------------------------------------------------------------

2-FA

100mg/kg

4-FA

46mg/kg

d-methamphetamine

55mg/kg

d-amphetamine

98mg/kg

Correlations between experience and scientifically obtained effects profile (speculation) :

4-FA :

Is far less potent but has a worse LD50 than d-Amph and d-meth -> overall higher toxicity. For me it also feels very draining the next day (if more than 80mg is consumed).
4-FA has half of the potency of Meth regarding 5-HT reuptake inhibition. The DA/5-HT-ratio of 0,15, which is the highest in the above data, underlining it is better suited for social settings
than any of the other compounds. 4-FA is the most similar compound to Meth of the above, if you can say that, because DA inhibition it lacks significantly.

3-FA :

3-FA is less potent but has a similar effect on monoamine reuptake as d-Amph. If you just take the above data into account, the effects shall be the same as d-Amph with a slightly better DA/NE-ratio, meaning less jittery, but a slightly worse DA/5-HT-ratio, meaning supposedly more head fog but perhaps the activity on 5-HT is too weak anyway. Also 3-FA was considered the most effective cocaine replacement of every substituted amphetamine (including meth and d-amph). That means that it is highly addictive/moreish.

Meth :

Is somewhat outstanding, as the DA/NE-ratio is <1 (more dopamine, less norepinephrine) . That would explain the absence of side effects, that users describe and also the addiction potential. The pretty high DA/5-HT-ratio could also be a contributor for that. The high DA/5-HT-ratio is responsible for the depression when in withdrawal.

2-FMA :

Is not mentioned above. But I guesstimate from the effects that its profile is something like that :

2-FMA

DA : 20, NE : 16, 5-HT : 750

For my taste there is too much serotonine action going on, making the effects unpredictable. Also it has completely different effects if you change the ROA. Insufflated it is okay, but orally
it has too much SRI - qualities ! Please correct the data, if there are errors. If you can provide data on 2-FMA, it would be great.

Last edited:
Wow, thanks for the info Ziiirp! I wouldn't have thought 2-FMA (or meth for that matter) would affect serotonin so much. 4-FA definitely "feels" like what I associate with a serotonin high while the others are more classic stimulants. #learnsomethingeveryday

Will have to look into the aldehyde thing more, as it's a bit worrying. Different batches DEFINITELY have a different feel, if only slightly. One gave me swollen lymph nodes in my neck + headache while the other didn't. And the appearance was completely different (white powder vs. light pink rocks). Good to know.

just for the info that 'scare' about rcs' 2-fma was bullshit. I actually thought this after doing a little reserarch into what he said and it didnt even make sence...

At around 50mgs does this have less anxiety than caffeine? I cant recall it having any of note from my last try- apart from the regret i felt realized id taken too much and was too wired.

I know vaping is meant to have more of an overbite to it but I am talking about with oral dosing.

I ask cos after an extended period of 6 months abstinence ive started reintroducing psychoactives again by having a cpl of cups of coffee a day and its just ghastly stuff as i remembered. the second teaspoon seems to be the danger zone where what ive dubbed the 'creeping doom' starts to kick in where you are standing perfectly still and yet it feels like you wanna crawl out of your skin due to some unknown terror which seems to lay just around the corner.

Anyhow 2-fma doesnt have anxiety like that does it? Just want to check cos the caffeine comedown feeling is fucking horrible and want to avoid it wherever i can!

From what i remember i didnt have the 'frights' even when i took 120mgs of 2-fma i didnt have anxiety just was fucking wired at 10 am and had insomnia and dopamine depletion for a week+ after. If my memory serves me it was just a slow gradual return to baseline.

What would be a good light dose for me to get a feel for it again?

Ive often fallen into one of two traps in past dosing with rcs. One is take to much at the outset and thus overdosing. The other is dosing low to be 'safe' and being dissatisfied at having dosed too low redose and overshoot the mark and end up overdosing again. Both situations lead me to becoming terrified of drugs, throwing my stash and vowing allegiance to The Good Lord that Ill be a good boy forever more, which lasts a few months and I would repeat the process.

So Id like to prevent this childish routine from occurring again.

I was thinking 50mgs. but Im thinking now 30 and then leave my house immediately and go do something outside to leave it at one hit and quit. 30 should be enough for a threshold of effects right? i have no tolerance now after 6 months of abstaining.

If I can have a cpl of non frightening doses and get back to baseline again then Ill have gotten a feel for the high and gain some confidence in my dosing.

30mg should be fine, as you are already wary of dosing high keep it on the low side (as you have stated).

Oral dose btw.

Plugged 100mg of this a few weeks back alsong with 2ml gbl and it centrainly put a rocket up my ass when it came to getting things done (and just getting genenrally high) :D

I don't like this substance at all; totally no recreational value for me and even as a replacement for my methylphenidate it didn't fit. Yeah there's some stimulation, but no euphoria or anything pleasant about it.

That description of caffeine is SPOT ON, Harambulus! Caffeine definitely has too many side effects for me, and I love stimulants. Too much adrenaline and peripheral nonsense.

2-FMA can get a little jittery but only at high doses (which is around the 50-60 mg mark for me). Taking it orally and avoiding all other stimulants makes this less likely. I've never tried Adderall or dexedrine but I imagine this is the closest thing in terms of RC's.

Does anybody else get nauseous on this stuff? Particularly when taken on an empty stomach.

^ No nausea, but it definitely causes a burning/gnawing pain if my stomach is empty. I find myself eating waaay more just to keep it from happening. Antacids/baking soda seem to help a little.

^albion- i get that too but it always goes away real fast. but i do get a naseuous moment sometimes. i took 80mg (my regular dose on an empty stomach, and it felt really acidic and putrid in my belly, but thanksfully the good vibes of the chem, subsided my mild queasines. and my good friend AA had the same experience but never threw up. hope that helps -aphex

I just wanted to share my experiences with this chem from an addiction/habituation perspective, having gone through 1g of the stuff in approximately 2 weeks and with another 2g on the way. I am predisposed with an addictive personality, so my experiences may be taken with a grain of salt, but I personally find 2-FMA to have significant psychological addiction potential. The functionality of this chem, along with its low side-effect profile and pleasurable effects seem to cultivate psychological dependence.

By this, I mean that being able to take 2-FMA throughout daily life (work, school, etc.) and enjoying the effects without interfering with my normal tasks makes it all too easy to fall into daily use. 2-FMA is actually highly effective for school reading and assignments and makes work more enjoyable day in and day out, most likely because I'm riding a steady stim buzz the whole time.

Daily use is an easy habit to fall in to, and one that is hard to break as long as I have more in my stash, mostly because of the simple little question of "Why not?" And to be honest, I still have yet to find many reasons why to not use it as long as I have it, other than abstaining for abstinence's sake.

Others have reported not feeling compulsions to redose with 2-FMA. I disagree, but I think it depends on how you define compulsions to redose. If others mean that the drug's come down does not produce uncomfortable or undesirable feelings that prompt redosing, then I agree with them, because the come down is certainly not unpleasant in a way that creates the desire to redose. I personally do always feel the desire to redose, however, in order to chase the pleasure and productivity of the initial dose. Redosing becomes even easier with the low side-effects profile of 2-FMA as a safety net, preventing serious complications from continued dosing.

The reason I find 2-FMA habit forming but NOT addictive in any physical sense is that I used it pretty much every day I had some in supply, maybe skipping 2-3 days in a 2 week period, but I experienced absolutely no withdrawal symptoms after discontinuing use when my supply ran out. I pretty much just went back to life as normal, ordered some more, and while I do miss the zest it added to my day I don't find it hard at all to continue with my day-to-day life.

These are just my experiences and reflections to date, hopefully someone finds them useful or informative. I will have another (larger) supply of 2-FMA by the end of this week so I will update my experiences in a couple weeks.

^agreed.

2-fma is one fantastic chemical. When dosing try taking a few anti acids before doing to boost hte effects, or if you are feeling straight enough and a pipette up the anus won't make you start questioning your sexuality, plugging 2-fmagives a nice Rush and requires a lower dose to oral dosing :)

Highestwhenlow, that's generally the nature of stimulant addiction, not particularly physical but highly highly mentally addictive.
I found that while before I had much experience with stimulants I could dose once and leave it, but after a few runs it became much easier to fall into a binge each time, or to dose on a day where you really shouldn't. Answering the 'should I have one more hit?' question with yes is instantly rewarded so it's an extremely self-reinforcing behaviour and each time you do this it will become harder and harder to say no to this question.
You can change habits, it requires a steady run of saying no at the very times when you most want to say yes, but it means you can use stimulants responsibly again :)

Some very sound advice, much appreciated amigo. I plan on putting myself through the willpower gauntlet when my next order arrives, which will consist of letting my stash sit untouched for at least a week after it arrives and strictly adhering to some pre-planned dosing schedule after that, most likely 2 days on, 1 day off and never on weekends. Not terribly rigid, I know, but sustainable IMO.

I must say, however, that my experiences with psychological habituation with 2-FMA are nothing compared to what I experienced about a year ago with good ol' prescription d/l-amphetamine. I had virtually no control over how often and how much I dosed, and IME 2-FMA has a fraction of the addiction potential of prescription amphetamine. Any others care to weigh in on this comparison?

do any vendors stock this anymore? i find that its either very scarce or just nonexistant at all.

I'm not into stims at all unless I'm shooting speedballs, the only time I ever take an amphetamine is adderall when I have to study for finals. It sounds like 2-FMA is perfect for someone like me who is looking for something that is subtle and just would give me an increase in focus and energy. Time to try and find some!

Hey guys,

I have a relatively small quantity of this compound that I intend to use for work (writing) - Given that I don't have that much at my disposal and I need to stretch out its use as much as possible, could you give a comparison of the relative potencies of different ROAs?
4-FA, the only other halogenated amphetamine I've tried, I've found to be far more potent insufflated as opposed to taken orally, with as little as 20mg required to achieve the "rolling" feeling people describe as only attainable >100mg when taken orally.

Does the same hold true for 2-FMA? I haven't got enough on me to experiment different ROAs myself, so I would really appreciate some info on this. One user reported that insufflated, it was sketchier than oral. Is this true? I would ideally want as few peripheral side-effects as possible as I will be using this compound for purely functional purposes. What about plugging?

Any thoughts?

I've only ever used 2-FMA orally, and there's not a terribly large amount of info, anecdotal or factual, available on it compared to other RC's. All the info I have encountered, however, seems to unilaterally report that any non-oral ROA results in quicker onset, stronger "rush" or "buzzing" effects, shorter duration and increased peripheral and undesirable side effects; basically a "sketchier" feeling, as you said you have already been told. It seems pretty clear that oral dosing is most suitable for productivity whereas insufflation, plugging or IV/IM is best left for recreational use.

I know they're different chems, but I've read virtually every scrap of info about 4-FA that can be found on BL & Erowid, and the same principle of oral=functionality, all other ROA's=recreational use.

If you're looking to stretch out your supply, there are other measures you can take to maximize your stash's efficiency. Particularly, never dosing on consecutive days, dosing on an empty stomach, maintaining a high intake of good quality protein (whey protein powder is a must-have when I'm using 2-FMA or 4-FA) and supplementing magnesium to prevent amphetamine tolerance (preferably magnesium citrate, definitely NOT magnesium oxide) and Acetyl-L-Tyrosine to boost dopamine & NE production. I've also read in several anecdotal reports that some caffeine when the main effects of 2-FMA are waning (around the T+2:00-3:00 mark for most) can extend the productivity-boosting effects.

Also, for productivity/functional purposes I find it much better to stretch a given amount of 2-FMA out over multiple doses than bombing the whole quantity in one go. For example, I find dosing 30mg initially followed by 10mg at T+1:30, T+3:00 and T+6:00 to be exponentially better for productivity than bombing 60mg at once or doing two doses of 30mg.

Hope this helps! Let us know what steps you decide to take and how it goes!