⭐️ Social ⭐️ ⫸PED Social v. Meathead's Tea-Break⫷

It probably reads a lot worse than it actually is, but methinks it boils down to a couple of spinal injuries (the crushed T5 incident, and whatever the fk I did to my lumbar a couple of years ago), and shithouse sleep most days likely caused somewhat by stress etc.

Otherwise yeah just generally stiff and sore more mornings, and often random pains in joints like top of my patella when under load (not weights but merely bodyweight plus stairs etc).

Wouldn't be surprised if aches are from muscle wasting tbh hahaha

What are you doing to end up in that state mate? I don't remember feeling like that at your age and I have Ehlers-Danlos.

Cricky... Which type do you have.. (if you don't mind me asking)... Has it caused issue being involved in physical activity(s)...

Cricky... Which type do you have.. (if you don't mind me asking)... Has it caused issue being involved in physical activity(s)...

Hypermobility type (formerly called type 3) - I have a 9 on the Beighton score lol.

Yeah it's caused all sorts of trouble, from heart (PAF, mitral valve problems) and aorta issues (dilatation) to joint subluxations, dislocations, disc bulges and herniations, premature osteoarthritis and frequent muscle pulls/tears. It's an annoying neverending world of pain, but bodybuilding is the best thing I can do for it since more muscle = more stable joints.

It probably reads a lot worse than it actually is, but methinks it boils down to a couple of spinal injuries (the crushed T5 incident, and whatever the fk I did to my lumbar a couple of years ago), and shithouse sleep most days likely caused somewhat by stress etc.

Otherwise yeah just generally stiff and sore more mornings, and often random pains in joints like top of my patella when under load (not weights but merely bodyweight plus stairs etc).

Wouldn't be surprised if aches are from muscle wasting tbh hahaha

Sorry to hear about that mate! Are you starting to bulk up again? Sounds like you need to get your body back into an anabolic/high-IGF status really.

Hahah nice name change. At first I couldn't find it and was puzzled because there wasn't any new posts to bump it out of the first page?!

think fast

A 15-year-old healthy girl with no major medical problems notes blotchy areas of erythema that are pruritic over the skin of her arms, legs, and trunk within an hour every time she eats seafood, followed by diarrhea. These problems abate within 3 hours, and then physical examination reveals no abnormal findings. Which of the following immunologic abnormalities is she most likely to have?

A Localized anaphylaxis

B Cell-mediated hypersensitivity

C Complement activation

D Hypergammaglobulinemia

E Immune complex deposition

Lol, it was about time it had a new name ;)

Well it sounds like a typical mild food allergy reaction (hence the skin/gut involvement) hence I would it assume it to be A. The others are related to different kinds of hypersensitivities.

I'm gonna have to come up with questions I think... hmm...

Hahah nice name change. At first I couldn't find it and was puzzled because there wasn't any new posts to bump it out of the first page?!

think fast

A 15-year-old healthy girl with no major medical problems notes blotchy areas of erythema that are pruritic over the skin of her arms, legs, and trunk within an hour every time she eats seafood, followed by diarrhea. These problems abate within 3 hours, and then physical examination reveals no abnormal findings. Which of the following immunologic abnormalities is she most likely to have?

A Localized anaphylaxis

B Cell-mediated hypersensitivity

C Complement activation

D Hypergammaglobulinemia

E Immune complex deposition

I'd go for A.... Nil abnormal vital signs, nil systemic involvement, minor allergic reaction confined to skin involvement only... Loratadine 10mg...

Allergens react with IgE antibodies bound to mast cells triggering degranulation and subsequent release of histamine and leukotrienes...

A typical Type I hypersensitivity reaction...

Correct!

This was it's reasoning for the answer... "Food allergies are typically a form of type I hypersensitivity reaction. The allergens react with IgE bound to mast cells, mainly in skin and gastrointestinal tract. More severe allergic reactions may be systemic and life-threatening from airway obstruction and circulatory collapse."

For my partner, it's unfortunately the "unable to breathe and in dire need of an epipen within minutes of consuming seafood" kinda reaction. Full blown anaphylaxis.

I'm a lucky to not have any severe allergic reaction. Penicillin and codeine both give me hives and full body swelling, but it never affects my breathing or produces any real intolerable itching. I just inflate.

So like, my last shot of anything was 3rd of September (125mg Test E twice per week), and have been cold turkey since. Awaiting my source to restock, no ETA as he's flat chat with shit himself at the moment. Strength has tanked, appetite meh, no motivation, and pretty much zero sex drive again. Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

You can build muscle even without testosterone mate. So try not to get too demotivated about it. Just get down to the gym and try to do something :)

Haha yeah I know, it's just the lethargy/apathetic mindset as a result of hormone levels (or lack thereof? lol) that's mostly to blame. Then the lack of appetite. Otherwise I'm not too fussed, it's just a bit frustrating. I guess the more I drop, the more I'll pack back on :p still getting in and doing enough to feel as though I've made an effort. We crossed over into Daylight Savings the other weekend too, so my days are much more useful :)

It's weird that my squat hasn't died in the ass though haha. Only a small drop in working weight, but can still manage to move more total weight by the end of the sets.

Your summer is on the way, that should help! :) How's Canberra at this time of year?

Slowly starting to warm up :) though it was 6 degrees this morning when I got my ass out of bed. Still light enough outside around 7pm.

Slowly starting to warm up :) though it was 6 degrees this morning when I got my ass out of bed. Still light enough outside around 7pm.

It's pissed down for weeks here in NZ, storms, flooding, roads blocked everywhere.. bloody earthquake, and mini tsunami.. So much for spring..

Fuck that no thanks haha...today's actually warmed up quite nicely though. Only complaint would be directed at all the goddamn fucking pollen making me wanna scratch my eyes out

When bulking, how long should one stay at a calorie level before deciding to increase again? I don't mean structured reverse-dieting, but significant jumps.

Specifically, I went from 2950 to 3500 a week ago and my 7-day moving average weight is down a pound today from a week ago. I want to bump up to 4000, but is a week enough time at this level?

I reverse-dieted from 1700 to 2950 out of my recent cut over about 12 weeks and honestly my weight and % did not really change over those twelve. Got frustrated and realised I have been going too slow. So I jumped to 3500 and as I said, down a pound in a week. I want to pace this bulk so that I can start next year's cut at the highest calorie level I can.

Also, when making a jump of like 500cal, should I take it all in as carbs or do a proportional increase in fats as well? I am around 25% on fats right now.

Last edited:
In my experience everyone differs too much to give really blanket advice. I would probably have gained quite a bit (well, loads tbh) from reverse-dieting the way you did, and I find it a bit mysterious that you didn't gain LBM. Any idea what your thyroid levels, TSH etc are at? And what counts as a typical 'high' calorie level for you? 6000?

As for a 500cal jump, I'd typically recommend a proportional increase of fats, carbs and protein. Although you may get a more immediate change manipulating only carbs, you're probably going to lower insulin sensitivity faster and hamper gains down the road.