⭐️ Social ⭐️ ⫸PED Social v. Meathead's Tea-Break⫷

Ehh, 2016 has been a year of trials and tribulations for me. Relentless stress resulting from my partner landing a job in my building, being bullied, having her complaints dismissed, further bullying, and finally unlawful dismissal. Left me as sole income, having to cover cost of living for both of us including $510/week rent. She's gainfully employed again now, so we're on the back up...which is just as good because I've hit rock bottom financially (or below, if you count credit card purchases not yet invoiced) after a few months. The whole while I'm still employed in the same building as IT desktop support, having to professionally support the cunts responsible for the whole debacle.

Gym from 5-6 times a week down to 3 or 4 half arsed sessions. Weight from 78kg lean to 73kg and visible fat gain.

Haven't really done much of note otherwise thanks to resulting depression from all this.

On the plus side, which is a little amusing - my building is in the process of being made redundant with its function being outsourced to another company. Thankfully this doesn't mean it's all over, shit's going overseas; no, for most staff, their positions will exist with the new company, and providing they applied and were successful (pretty hard not to be when it's only open to current employees, lol) will simply change employer and keep on doing the same thing. Fingers crossed as the only desktop support dude in the building, this is how it goes for me. After my current employer pays me severance and leave etc lol. There's hope for 2016 yet!

Sounds like you've had a tough time mate. Hope things get better as your summer comes along!

Holy shit! 510/wk in rent!? That's crazy! Mortgages in the U.S for houses are 1/5th of that price. Does Australia have a high cost of living?

^^^ what the fuck do you get for $900/wk???

I live in a 3BR house with remote access double garage, ducted heating+cooling, 'instant' gas hot water, gas cooking, fibre internet (connection, not the actual service), and dishwasher + fridge + microwave + 50" LED TV + washing machine + outdoor setting included.

$510/wk rent is above market I'd say, however at that point in the seemingly impossible struggle of leasing a residential house in this place, we offered $10 more than the asking rate just to beat out the other scary looking group/family inspecting the place.

My share of rent is a touch under 1/3rd of my take-home pay, so covering everything plus cost of living for 2 killed me.

$900/wk would get you a 2BR apartment within 5 mins jog of Parliament House here in Canberra, lol. Or if you were going for a house, yeah $900/wk would be a mansion of sorts fit for at least 6 adults.

I need to stop bitching about my own life and be a little grateful after seeing the highway robbery you guys deal with.

Yup! I think it's time for some much needed SD Social trivia questions to keep the moderators on their toes and get that rust off.

I don't think even Coca Cola levels of phosphoric acid could strip the rust off my brain at the moment lol...

Here is the first one.

Which of the following addition reactions occurs the fastest?

10_p10.jpg

1. I, because a primary cation is formed in the rate-determining step
  2. II, because the cation formed in the rate-determining step is stabilized through an inductive effect
  3. III, because a secondary cation which is resonance-stabilized is formed in the rate-determining step
  4. II, because a secondary cation which is resonance-stabilized is formed in the rate-determining step

Here is the first one.

Which of the following addition reactions occurs the fastest?

10_p10.jpg

1. I, because a primary cation is formed in the rate-determining step
  2. II, because the cation formed in the rate-determining step is stabilized through an inductive effect
  3. III, because a secondary cation which is resonance-stabilized is formed in the rate-determining step
  4. II, because a secondary cation which is resonance-stabilized is formed in the rate-determining step

D..... Think what you know about carbocation chemistry..

Grym, I like questions like: What's 1 + 1? How many fingers do you have? What's the name of the enormous natural satellite thingy orbiting the Earth? These are proper hardcore questions.

Grym, I like questions like: What's 1 + 1? How many fingers do you have? What's the name of the enormous natural satellite thingy orbiting the Earth? These are proper hardcore questions.

Pretty sure you, GF, and Pharmbiak can handle 99% of the topics I throw at you. Although organic chemistry has some very detail oriented sections. I don't venture outside subjects I've never touched on, but I definitely try to find the extremes in each.

I feel like at times you guys are close to my age mid 20's maybe early 30's. Other times I feel like you guys are way older. So much knowledge.

Last edited:
Pretty sure you, GF, and Pharmbiak can handle 99% of the topics I throw at you. Although organic chemistry has some very detail oriented sections. I don't venture outside subjects I've never touched on, but I definitely try to find the extremes in each.

I feel like at times you guys are close to my age mid 20's maybe early 30's. Other times I feel like you guys are way older. So much knowledge.

I wish..!!

28 here. Constant muscle ache and joint pain have become the norm, so much so that something feels incredibly wrong if I'm pain free, have unhindered movement, and energetic.

28 here. Constant muscle ache and joint pain have become the norm, so much so that something feels incredibly wrong if I'm pain free, have unhindered movement, and energetic.

What are you doing to end up in that state mate? I don't remember feeling like that at your age and I have Ehlers-Danlos.