• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

You would be surprised.

I know a girl who used to I.V. in tits by herself and into back by her medic friend (didn’t saw it but she didn’t lie, I know that). During her crazy years of chasing H high and needlemania.

And if I have filmed even what I saw, her while she was searching for a spot (at lower abdomen), that would be hell of a video for – “Just say no to I.V.” campaign.

But, NO, shooting up into stomach and chest is neither safe nor sane. You either avoid I.V. totally or preserve veins as long as possible and STOP before/when options like stomach, chest, neck etc. even cross your mind..

They're like lil surface ones.... they're light blue and kinda spider out. If you understand what I'm trying to describe here
Unless you have like 10-12% body fat and can see some of the larger superficial veins that run up the pelvic area into the abs, I can't even imagine any of those little veins would even allow the force of the IV into them without blowing.

Sounds like a doomed experiment.

Unless you have like 10-12% body fat and can see some of the larger superficial veins that run up the pelvic area into the abs, I can't even imagine any of those little veins would even allow the force of the IV into them without blowing.

Sounds like a doomed experiment.
Been hitting for 3 days now.

Just don’t do i†

Ok?

What you considered injecting and why there?
I've been an IV heroin, fentanyl and coc user for 12 years or so, sometimes I have a very difficult time and find myself trying some pretty unique areas and found a couple that have been working one right on my left lung area not deep, surface level and one on the right side of my belly also not very deep.

With smoking it's even more fleeting and I can't stay well long enough. I always use filters and fresh needles. I do hope to eventually quit, I was clean for a year but relapsed about 4 years ago and haven't been able to stop since but I will one day. Thank you for the advice though!

Yeah certainly try to get clean if you can.

Combo of bucal and smoking would last longer than I.V.

Also try to test your stuff if you have that option as from what I saw on sites testing drugs you folks get all kind of mix and match combos sold as H/fent, sometimes a lot more dangerous to I.V. than fent alone.

I've been an IV heroin, fentanyl and coc user for 12 years or so, sometimes I have a very difficult time and find myself trying some pretty unique areas and found a couple that have been working one right on my left lung area not deep, surface level and one on the right side of my belly also not very deep.
I totally get it. I wound up giving myself endocarditis three times with three open heart surgeries, an artificial heart valve and a pacemaker now for the rest of my life because I reached that point too. Be careful. I know how hard it is. Wish you the best of luck and try to just keep reducing as much harm risk as you possibly can.

I've had it once... hopefully never again, hopefully after tomorrow my legs or arms will be back in action! Thanks for your support!

Hey everyone, I'm having some weird complications after a missed meth shot about six days ago.

I'm not going to bother getting into the actual details of the shot but long story short I missed on my right arm slightly left of and below the crook. Immediately had all the regular signs of a miss, however it didn't hurt too bad which leads me to think it was only a semi miss.

But anyways it got pretty red around the area but that went away quickly after some hot compresses. What's worrying is maybe like ten to fifteen minutes after the shot almost all of the inside of my forearm from my elbow to my wrist went numb and kinda of tingly??

Went to the ER and they sent me home with some antibiotics and said to wait it out and come back if things get worse.

Well now it's been six days and the tingly numb is still there. Visually my arm looks fine!! Maybe some slightly splotchy redness.

I just started taking the antibiotics today because I am scared of a possible infection.

I always use clean rigs, sterilize everything and use clean water from an ampule. I filter my gear but only with these little cottons they give out in the rig kits at my local needle exchange. Wish I had a micron filter. I don't plan on shooting anything ever again. It's not worth it.

But anyways has anyone ever had similar thing happen after a miss? Again no pain, no swelling, iv site is basically completely healed except some very minor bruising but a persistent bizarre tingly sensation down my forearm. Hand is completely fine.

Possible nerve damage? Any info is greatly appreciated. I will go back to the ER soon if it gets worse or doesn't subside after my antibiotics. Thanks fam ✌️

Sorry if this has been addressed (couldn't find in a search) but is it possible to inject into an IV port left in from a hospital visit with an insulin syringe?

Hey everyone, I'm having some weird complications after a missed meth shot about six days ago.

I'm not going to bother getting into the actual details of the shot but long story short I missed on my right arm slightly left of and below the crook. Immediately had all the regular signs of a miss, however it didn't hurt too bad which leads me to think it was only a semi miss.

But anyways it got pretty red around the area but that went away quickly after some hot compresses. What's worrying is maybe like ten to fifteen minutes after the shot almost all of the inside of my forearm from my elbow to my wrist went numb and kinda of tingly??

Went to the ER and they sent me home with some antibiotics and said to wait it out and come back if things get worse.

Well now it's been six days and the tingly numb is still there. Visually my arm looks fine!! Maybe some slightly splotchy redness.

I just started taking the antibiotics today because I am scared of a possible infection.

I always use clean rigs, sterilize everything and use clean water from an ampule. I filter my gear but only with these little cottons they give out in the rig kits at my local needle exchange. Wish I had a micron filter. I don't plan on shooting anything ever again. It's not worth it.

But anyways has anyone ever had similar thing happen after a miss? Again no pain, no swelling, iv site is basically completely healed except some very minor bruising but a persistent bizarre tingly sensation down my forearm. Hand is completely fine.

Possible nerve damage? Any info is greatly appreciated. I will go back to the ER soon if it gets worse or doesn't subside after my antibiotics. Thanks fam ✌️
I missed going for a deeper vein, and my forearm has been numb for some time, over a month. Described the sensation to my sister's paramedic friend who said it sounds like nerve damage to her.

Sorry if this has been addressed (couldn't find in a search) but is it possible to inject into an IV port left in from a hospital visit with an insulin syringe?
If it's a quick connect probably not without destroying the sealing mechanism of the port.

I missed going for a deeper vein, and my forearm has been numb for some time, over a month. Described the sensation to my sister's paramedic friend who said it sounds like nerve damage to her.
It might be swelling pushing on one of the nerves. Can you move your fingers? Whatever it is, you should probably get it checked out especially if there is swelling or infection internally.

With smoking it's even more fleeting and I can't stay well long enough. I always use filters and fresh needles. I do hope to eventually quit, I was clean for a year but relapsed about 4 years ago and haven't been able to stop since but I will one day. Thank you for the advice though!
I shoot in my abdomen and chest. I’ve read that it’s not safe, but if that’s all you’ve got then that’s all you’ve got. My problem is finding a position where I can grip and shoot comfortably. I usually have to have a friend help. It is helpful to get a veinfinder flashlight. Amazon has them for less than $10. good luck.

Noob here. How do I use the filter
Dissolve powder/crystals, attach filter to syringe and draw in liquid. I’m not I.V. user but I think that’s it.
You’re asking about micron filter right? If you’re using it for pills I guess you should first filter it trough peace of cotton or something to not get it congested?
And in case you’re noob in a sense you didn’t use I.V. before, may I ask why start now?