• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction ⫸INJECTIONS: I.V. FAQs & Info MEGATHREAD⫷

Need some facts about shooting in the neck.

Shooting toward the brain is bad? If so why? Dangerous or a waste? Hitting low enough (towards collarbone) seems its just taking the same route to the brain/heart as a hit in the arm would?

Dude I know always had thin veins but now he lost allot pushing the trigger way too fast

I’ve been IV’ing filtered Subutex for about few weeks after relapsing this year. I started iv’ing last year and managed to quit end of the year.

Anyways, i have very weird veins. At the start of my ”journey” when i learned myself how to iv i lost a vein in my left forearm. Then i started to use the right one, and many times tried to find different sites so i could rotate but i always came up to the same problem; even though i was 100% sure i am in vein, i registered it and the blood flows in nicely but when i push the syringe i feel sting and burn, just like when missing so i stop and register again and the blood still flows in syringe so i am in a vein. I tried this in many different places with many different needle sizes and always the same problem, and the symptoms are same like i missed, pain and swelling afterwards, bruising sometimes. Like now

And now i come up to my main problem; because that i have really only used the same iv spot at my right foreaem, at start i was always very cautious about hygiene and only used sterile natrium chloride, new rigs and plunges, wipes, sterifilters but now sometimes i havent had possibility to go needle exchange so i have used same needle few times over. The site ive been hitting have now huge lump underneath the skin, i cant register blood and as stupid i am, i have tried forcing myself to get the shot in my arm and make multiple pokes and if i find a vein it feels very hard to get the shot in. The vein is hard and scarred, it doesnt feel hot or painful. Now in few days i’ve been trying to find new iv site, and my veins are fresh everywhere else but everytime i come up same problem as i told above; i hit the vein, blood comes nicely in the syringe and when i push the plunger i feel stingy pain like i miss. Then i stop, i am still in vein and try again and i still feel this stinging sensation. Even if my hand is steady as possible. I use tourniquet also, i know i have slippy veins but how it can be that i in elbow area this problem doesnt happen but every other vein it does?

I put few photos here so if you could tell does that elbow site looks like abscess or some another infections bcs few time i used same needle again and photos of those other sites i have been hitting but apparentaly missed, or how the hell this could happen everytime? Are my veins just super slippery, because im not kidding that i know im in vein but still get that feeling and most likely i am missing the shot

(Sorry for my bad english, if you have something to ask i try to clarify.)

Thank you very much!

8-DAAA4-FE-8-ECA-46-F4-BA5-C-F0-DCB6-B63837.jpg

My right elbow, main site which is probably collapsed soon if doesnt already

Some photos of the sites i’ve tried to rotate that have bruising now all over them so that probably is sign about missing, and spots on my left elbow bcs i started to get frustrated and just tried to find a vein everywhere, i got registered one spot on the top but same thing happened, it was red few hours but now only feel slight pain when touched.

F282-B069-884-A-45-DC-8-D5-E-73-E84-EB0-DA25.jpg

4-B00-B2-A3-4424-4383-A623-1-FAA15-D97403.jpg

F6-FD6-D0-F-4362-4-BA5-84-F6-3-C9-BF39168-B7.jpg

Could it be that my veins are just so slippery or some kind of inflammation? And how fast does symptoms for sepsis or other blood infections start, it has been few days since i did the dirty hit.

Thanks for the help!

I forgot to add, i also have multiple other areas that i tried to hit like the vein that goes between thumb and index finger but couldnt register in those spots at all. My veins arent very visible anyways, i have to do some work to make them pop out

I’ve been IV’ing filtered Subutex for about few weeks after relapsing this year. I started iv’ing last year and managed to quit end of the year.

Anyways, i have very weird veins. At the start of my ”journey” when i learned myself how to iv i lost a vein in my left forearm. Then i started to use the right one, and many times tried to find different sites so i could rotate but i always came up to the same problem; even though i was 100% sure i am in vein, i registered it and the blood flows in nicely but when i push the syringe i feel sting and burn, just like when missing so i stop and register again and the blood still flows in syringe so i am in a vein. I tried this in many different places with many different needle sizes and always the same problem, and the symptoms are same like i missed, pain and swelling afterwards, bruising sometimes. Like now

And now i come up to my main problem; because that i have really only used the same iv spot at my right foreaem, at start i was always very cautious about hygiene and only used sterile natrium chloride, new rigs and plunges, wipes, sterifilters but now sometimes i havent had possibility to go needle exchange so i have used same needle few times over. The site ive been hitting have now huge lump underneath the skin, i cant register blood and as stupid i am, i have tried forcing myself to get the shot in my arm and make multiple pokes and if i find a vein it feels very hard to get the shot in. The vein is hard and scarred, it doesnt feel hot or painful. Now in few days i’ve been trying to find new iv site, and my veins are fresh everywhere else but everytime i come up same problem as i told above; i hit the vein, blood comes nicely in the syringe and when i push the plunger i feel stingy pain like i miss. Then i stop, i am still in vein and try again and i still feel this stinging sensation. Even if my hand is steady as possible. I use tourniquet also, i know i have slippy veins but how it can be that i in elbow area this problem doesnt happen but every other vein it does?

I put few photos here so if you could tell does that elbow site looks like abscess or some another infections bcs few time i used same needle again and photos of those other sites i have been hitting but apparentaly missed, or how the hell this could happen everytime? Are my veins just super slippery, because im not kidding that i know im in vein but still get that feeling and most likely i am missing the shot

Thank you very much!

Some photos of the sites i’ve tried to rotate that have bruising now all over them so that probably is sign about missing, and spots on my left elbow bcs i started to get frustrated and just tried to find a vein everywhere, i got registered one spot on the top but same thing happened, it was red few hours but now only feel slight pain when touched.

Could it be that my veins are just so slippery or some kind of inflammation? And how fast does symptoms for sepsis or other blood infections start, it has been few days since i did the dirty hit.

Thanks for the help!
Dame those veins don't look good at all. Seems like u need to take a break for a while before you lose all of your veins. Try a different RoA, buprenorphine is a shitty drug to waste your veins on anyway.

Dame those veins don't look good at all. Seems like u need to take a break for a while before you lose all of your veins. Try a different RoA, buprenorphine is a shitty drug to waste your veins on anyway.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, i try to take a break now and hope that they heal. Does they look for you like there could be abscess or blood clot or smthing bigger to worry bout? That main vein really just have lump inside of it. And youre right it is so fucked up to be using bupe like this, i live in finland so it is our main opioid that you can get here for decent price, i used to do oxies back in the days but like all switched to bupe after i run out of money. You dont even get high of it anymore, or yeah a little while like now when i relapsed again it worked some time but now i just got my needle addiction back it is just like shooting water in veins and being scared off do i get some kind of complications this time… addiction is fucked.

Thanks for the reply! Yeah, i try to take a break now and hope that they heal. Does they look for you like there could be abscess or blood clot or smthing bigger to worry bout? That main vein really just have lump inside of it. And youre right it is so fucked up to be using bupe like this, i live in finland so it is our main opioid that you can get here for decent price, i used to do oxies back in the days but like all switched to bupe after i run out of money. You dont even get high of it anymore, or yeah a little while like now when i relapsed again it worked some time but now i just got my needle addiction back it is just like shooting water in veins and being scared off do i get some kind of complications this time… addiction is fucked.
Sometimes it doesn't even have to look bad and u can be in danger when u IV. U could have no abcesses but there are other types of complications such as septicimia( when your blood gets infected) or even worse Endocarditis( infection/inflammation of your heart valves) those are rare but u can still get em. That's why you should always use wheelfilters when you're shooting up something that is not from a medical vial or an ampoule. Anyway, be safe bro.

Thank you very much!

Thanks for the help!
Alright mate. Weird, cos it sounds similar to what happened to me. Ive been using for the last 11 years, but had 3 year break. On a methadone n diazepam script tho. But my first few months using, I missed a few times, kept using the same vein n injecting stuff u shouldn't. I mainly do heroin, but I've injected pretty much everything that can be apart from meth. I had really good veins, but was obsessed with going in the crook of my right arm when I first started using. Closed up due to missing and overusing within a couple months. I learned how to use my other veins tho, n got a pretty good technique. But, without going into too much detail, lost a lot of veins due to carelessness. After my 3 year break, I relapsed 8 months ago. Only been doing it again the last 8 months, mainly snowballing, maybe 3 times a week. Sometimes 3-4 times each day tho. N even tho I thought a few of my veins had healed up ok, I've been missing alot lately like u described. Blood registers, n I still miss. I know what it is, n can tell u, if u haven't figured it out. If u got weird veins, the slightest movement throws the bevel of the needle out of the vein. So, it might register fine, but then u push the plunger n that tiny bit of movement pushes it out the vein. Or if u have anxiety like I do, when my hands shake, the slightest shake, n it happens worse when I'm trying to concentrate or am worried bout missing, n yeah, that throws it out of the vein, especially if I'm pulled out a bit from the hill n trying to concentrate on staying steady. Anyway, Ive just missed like 30 mins ago in 3 places, n 1 that was healing further up my arm seems to have leaked as the gear travelled through it. I'm so pissed off man. I used to have such a good technique too, n I started missing n the nerves just got so bad my technique got chucked out the window. Anyways mate, I'm sitting here covered in lumps, n I saw your post was only couple weeks ago, did u heal up OK, n is vein still usable? Just wanna know cos Ive got the same thng, solid lump under vein I was most comfortable getting. Let us know if u can bro. I'd say if u only been doing it a year, try n stop, but I know its useless trying to stop when u get the taste for it lolz. All the best man✌️

If you have missed shots higher up your arm and then you shoot lower in the vein, it can cause a partial miss which is when the solution you inject leaks out through the hole you created in your vein closer towards your heart as it travels up in that direction.

This is the reason that you need to start low on the vein, and if you miss move up the vein in small increments.

Other than that I don't know why it might feel like you are missing if you are registering. That certainly seems odd to me.

Okay, so if someone's going to end up doing IV cocaine, which will involve many many injections, then is there any sort of semi-long-term needle or IV setup? Something where you'd put it in once and then, you know, 3 hours later, remove it. What do you think?

Okay, so if someone's going to end up doing IV cocaine, which will involve many many injections, then is there any sort of semi-long-term needle or IV setup? Something where you'd put it in once and then, you know, 3 hours later, remove it. What do you think?
Aside from stealing an actual IV machine from a hospital or doctor, I can't think of anything. Definitely if you decide to do IV cocaine you absolutely need to have phenomenal technique and sanitation.

How do you hit a vein in the legs? They're healthy, good, unused - yet very difficult. Not a single register.

I have to hold my vein when hitting. Always use fresh needle and push plunger slowly.
Ah I tried and tried, but eventually gave up, after creating what looks like a stepping-stone path of track marks near my shin.
the-way-picture-id152148811

Then I learned how to reliably hit femoral and I like the fast-onset and the very low visibility. Harm reduction, yay!

Hey man. I haven't iv'd coke in a while but went on a 2 week bender. Missed once out of maybe 100. How quick will it abcess. I never used to miss. Especially coke

Hey man. I haven't iv'd coke in a while but went on a 2 week bender. Missed once out of maybe 100. How quick will it abcess. I never used to miss. Especially coke

Difficult to know for sure, I've missed a bunch of times IVing meth when my technique wasn't as good, and I'm yet to have an abscess form. You may just have it not happen. Just keep an eye on it for 1-2 weeks.

We've all seen the ending of requim for a dream....this abcess makes Jared letos arm look like a mosquito bite. Fast forward to 14:40 in the interview

People like this guy need to be told about maintenance therapy. If his issue is that he doesn't want to be dopesick then that would save his life. Makes me sad knowing there's people who might now know that there's an option for them to quit doing this.

I'm not sure it's a cut in his dope causing the abscess, I'm more thinking that if he's using cigarette filters that could be an issue.

People like this guy need to be told about maintenance therapy. If his issue is that he doesn't want to be dopesick then that would save his life. Makes me sad knowing there's people who might now know that there's an option for them to quit doing this.

I'm not sure it's a cut in his dope causing the abscess, I'm more thinking that if he's using cigarette filters that could be an issue.
I don't remember this guy specifically because I've watched hundreds of these videos from that channel. But most all the fent addicts on skid row are also on massive methadone doses then they do fent right on top of it and it cuts through the methadone.

There's a whole addiction to the needle itself and the process when you're and IV addict that is hard to break. That's why maintenence therapy should include IV heroin like in Canada and Europe and other civilized countries, for ppl that refuse to just do methadone...America obviously has alot of ppl that methadone ain't good enough for and we just ignore that issue.

I don't remember this guy specifically because I've watched hundreds of these videos from that channel. But most all the fent addicts on skid row are also on massive methadone doses then they do fent right on top of it and it cuts through the methadone.

There's a whole addiction to the needle itself and the process when you're and IV addict that is hard to break. That's why maintenence therapy should include IV heroin like in Canada and Europe and other civilized countries, for ppl that refuse to just do methadone...America obviously has alot of ppl that methadone ain't good enough for and we just ignore that issue.

He's on heroin, according to himself but you can't really dose through sublocade, which is the monthly Buprenorphine depot. I'm on it and having surgery soon and they told me what they're gonna give me post op to break through my dose (the lowest dose) and it's massive.

Once stabilised they can start drug and alcohol counselling and work on the needle fixation, that's what I've done with my social worker. Haven't even thought about using opiates for a year and a bit since going on sublocade and I used to use on top of my Suboxone strips. It's actually been life changing.