• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

So after my first dose last night I fell to sleep pretty much straight away so not alot I can say with regards how it was, bit hard remember when unconscious ;)

Anyways, a teaspoon and a half down the hatch this morning just over an hour ago and I have to say, I feel quite good, alot better than I usually would anyway.

Its very subtle, but it's definitely having a positive effect on my mood and motivation. So far, so good....! =D

Well done Kratom

Glad it works for you SM. It's a nice little boost to any day. :)

Depends, if you're looking for an opiate replacement, then yes, but if you're looking for something to eliminate your social anxiety, give you a mood lift and make you feel good everyday, regardless of how much of a shit day you should be having, then it's very easy to start using daily.

For me it works as a warm blanket that insulates me from bad days and all the shit life throws at you.

Probably not an ideal arrangement, Kenny. Though maybe you're right about me wanting something from it that isn't there. I suppose I was hoping for something to replace my occasional opioid use, and it just doesn't cut it for those purposes.

I can see its appeal for those wishing to self medicate, certainly. Perhaps my own medication limits its effects in some capacity.

Did I get the whole forum on Kratom? Vendors should send me freebies, lol!!

Today I'm oopening a bag of Green Malay, nice change, been on the RED Riau for far too long.

Major Tip: If you plan on making it a habit, strain rotation is a must, buy a few different strains with every order and never take the same strain on more than two consecutive days, trust me, your tolerance will stay down and you'll feel the good effects for much longer.

Also stems reduce your tolerance and at least for me, when taken on top of a large dose of kratom, will send you in a state of mini precipitated WD, fuck know's what they contain, but they reduce tolerance like hell.

So if you still have some spare change after your kratom order, think about throwing in a wee bag of stems powder, I only use it once a week unless I have dissociatives to reduce my tolerance.

Did I get the whole forum on Kratom? Vendors should send me freebies, lol!!
Major Tip: If you plan on making it a habit, strain rotation is a must, buy a few different strains with every order and never take the same strain on more than two consecutive days, trust me, your tolerance will stay down and you'll feel the good effects for much longer.

LOL, you da man (with all the experience) along with swampdragon and Amanatadine, but it appears that you use the stuff more often than SD, so yeah you got the kratom subforum lol. I took your advice on the different strains, i got in some of the strains that you said were your favourites and also Swampdragon reccomended the white vein types for stimulating effects, for which they are working very well in providing some ready made 'get up and go'. I think Ive overdone the red vein borneo, no longer get many positive pleasant effects from it, and tolerance has risen to the point that the dose just makes me snooze.

Shambles i guess its all relative but i find kratom pretty cheap certainly compared to opis (apart from codeine). Even in the tiniest sample packs for someone with no tolerance i reckon 10g would see them good for a whole day, and its only £5-7. Obviously the greater bulk you buy the further the price comes down, the more you buy the cheaper it is. Maybe its cos i first got the stuff from a head shop where the same amount costs 3-4 times the price and is vastly inferior generic unspecified kratom.

Kenny, does it make ANY difference what region the stuff is named, the sample pack of
10g Sumatra Red Vein Kratom
10g Borneo Red Vein Kratom
10g Sumatra White Vein Kratom
10g Green Riau
was named 'indonesian' which is pretty confusing considering that none of the strains are named after that place. :?

It is interesting like you say that there is currently a bit more interest in this substance when it used to seemed to be just yourself, knock, and swampy using it just a few months ago. I hope (and touch wood) it doesnt become too popular, so that it hits the tabloids. :sus: But as its really fairly subtle and not gonna really knock anyone out, or bowl anyone over, probably relatively very safe and non toxic to the body, and takes some time and perserverence to become addictive it may remain an obscure fairly small scale, but no doubt profitable side line/main business for certain vendors that stock the good quality strains. A small peak in interest from EADD may be making some vendors happy, providing it doesnt create Kratom Mania but i really cant see that happening, as EADD is just a tiny little bubble really.

Riau & Sumatra are both regions of Indonesia. Borneo is not a region of Indonesia per se but is nearby.

Part of Borneo is in Indonesia (the largest part), and that's the where most of the island's commercial kratom is grown.

So yeah, all the locations are in fact Indonesian.

Ah, all those pokey SE Asian countries confuse me too. Especially the ones which have the gall to stretch into Oceania.

Ive flown over Borneo a couple of times, so dont really have any excuse. It's a massive country full of dense jungle and mountains and huge meandering rivers to fly over, it's all you can see for about a whole hour or so on the journey to Australia. Had to stop off in Brunei for re-fuelling and stuff on the long haul to Australia. Brunei is one of the least interesting airports ive ever had to go through, and you have to wait 4 hours or so there, where there is absolutely FA to do. Not much coming and going in terms of inbound and outbound flights, so even people watching isnt much of an option there.

I once had a (pretty tame but persistent) stalker who was from Brunei. Her family was friends with the Sultan and all that.

Unfortunately I was too young, stupid and idealistic to exploit the situation.

Yeah "tame" pretty much sums up what i have seen of Brunei (the airport and the people who worked or flew in and out of there).

That Sultan was meant to be one of the worlds richest guys at some point.

I know! To think that in another world I could've weaseled myself into the ol' Sultan's good books and snagged an opulent pile in a faraway tropical paradise...

Would never have worked, would it? :D

It might have for a while. I'm sure they would have found your 'eccentric' and intelligent Mancunian to be interesting company.

Riau & Sumatra are both regions of Indonesia. Borneo is not a region of Indonesia per se but is nearby.

Well the island of Borneo is divided, the south, also called Kalimantan is a part of Indonesia politically, like saying Corsica is French, while the north, there are two states Sarawak and Sabah, which are both Malaysian territories, then there's Brunei, which is an independent state.

I've been to Northern Borneo, Kuching and Kota Kinabalu, majestic places, I have to go back there.

To reply to MDB, as I mentioned I personally(well online) knew one of the major global exporters, Kratom is often mislabeled, as in the same exact stuff gets called in different ways for marketing reasons. I believe a Red Vein strain would have similar characteristics no matter where it says it comes from.

Also about the place of origin, in the online Western market Bali Kratom actually doesn't exist and neither does Thai, there's no kratom growing in Bali(not on an industrial scale anyway, it's for local consumption mostly), and Kratom is illegal in Thailand, they're just either cuttings coming from those region grown in Indonesia(if the the vendor is honest) or simply Indonesian kratom labelelled "Bali" to steep up the price.

Most of the Thai kratom sold online is grown outside of Thailand.

If you want to taste genuine Thai kratom you should hop on a plane to southern Thailand and make friends with local peasants

Most Kratom we can buy online is either grown in Sumatra or Borneo, with a bit grown in the Philippines

Last edited:
Also stems reduce your tolerance and at least for me, when taken on top of a large dose of kratom, will send you in a state of mini precipitated WD, fuck know's what they contain, but they reduce tolerance like hell.

Good to know and rather intriguing. Seems strange the stems would be so radically different to the leaves in chemical composition. An odd lil plant is kratom.

Shambles i guess its all relative but i find kratom pretty cheap certainly compared to opis (apart from codeine). Even in the tiniest sample packs for someone with no tolerance i reckon 10g would see them good for a whole day, and its only £5-7. Obviously the greater bulk you buy the further the price comes down, the more you buy the cheaper it is. Maybe its cos i first got the stuff from a head shop where the same amount costs 3-4 times the price and is vastly inferior generic unspecified kratom.

Only done an extremely cursory search and am sure there must be better value sources out there for bulk buys but small amounts are extortionate. I see what you're saying in terms of it being cheaper than buying oxy or smack or summat but it's certainly not cheap and not even remotely viable as a daily thing for me. Which is of course a Good Thing. It's funny with drugs, I expect them to be considerably cheaper than what you'd spend on, say, a night of drinking. In that regard it is good VFM but would definitely have to be an occasional thing and not sure it's worth that kinda money for what is essentially a pretty mild experience. Admittedly I only have very limited experience so presumably it's not always so mild but I'd class it as more of a pick-me-up than a druggy drug. Not sure I could really justify the cost for my own purposes really. Seems it'd need to be used in combo with something to make it really interesting rather than a pleasant background buzz. I might have a looksee around for bulk deals but can't see me shelling out a load of cash on a bulk buy cos I'd only use it daily if I did which is not what I want to be doing with it.

^Mate you need to try it with AMT or MXE, completely changes character. It's good with all tryptamines and dissociatives to be honest, but with those two, it's a match made in heaven.

Also excellent when coming down on MDMA.

Yeah, could well imagine it being especially good for combos. I'm one of those heretical types that rather enjoys an opioid with his swirls - the combination of physical comfycosiness and psychedelic headspace is pretty damn sweet. I wouldn't necessarily be wanting strong opies for such purposes and kratom has a particularly nice feel to it and could really see it going well with psyches and dissos in particular. Or indeed for comedowns as you mention.

One thing I've wondered about a bit is with all the mutifarious active chemicals in kratom what is the potential for interactions? I've seen there's supposedly some SNRI action and that would be a concern for me given previous experience of Serotonin Syndrome when combining SNRI with serotonergic. Clearly you have experience of doing just that but is it possible you've been lucky to avoid any dangerous interactions or is there some reason for it not having the same type of risk as other SNRIs? I don't know enough about the chemistry to know if the SNRI stuff is actually a real thing or more a suggestion really. There are an awful lot of actives in kratom from what I've seen and that doesn't sound so great for risky interactions potential. Anybody know more about such possibilities beyond personal experience?

Personal experience only here, I'm afraid, but it doesn't appear to have any negative interactions with lithium (save for increased nausea), and lithium is well known for being potentially very dodgy in combination with SNRIs, as well as a whole host of other drugs.

Then again, as you rightly point out, kratom's apparent SNRI action is more speculated than confirmed.

I'd be fascinated to find out more though, if anybody knows.

Heheh, cheers for the credit mdb! Though MK is definitely the expert.. am only a once-a-week-er unless I'm having a naughty week.

So.. a mate reckons that cayenne pepper potentiates it, if anyone fancies some experimentation

I thought that was for Loperamide, for getting it to cross the blood brain barrier, if you cant get Quinnine. Maybe the pepper is a multi function opiate receptor booster :?