• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

Tried some stem & vein a long time ago when I first tried kratom. I would add the odd gram to doses to give them more legs which seemed to work. Only recently I read about how it can reverse tolerance and be useful for the WD process. Just recently came off kratom after a couple months of daily use. I used loperamide and dropped 0.2g off my dose everyday and it was pretty painless!

My reduced frequency of opiate use has, thankfully, lowered my tolerance, but will any reasonable dose of Kratom approximate ~60mg of Morphine?

your opi tolerance is probably still a bit too high for you to get much out of kratom, but at that level i would guess that if you were to quit morphine then kratom might help at least slightly with the w/ds and paws, maybe it could eliminate them altogether im not sure. I would imagine that you would probably need to get your opi tolerance even lower to be able to derive any of the good effects from kratom.

I dont find kratom effects codeine tolerance much, i get more high sparingly using codeine (once a week or so) in conjunction with using kratom every day then i would using codeine on a daily basis. Kratom still gives me a nice buzz tbh its really just releief of the wd shittyness and its cheaper to live on 2 doses of kratom a day around 7-8 g then it is codeine every day , it's less than half the price.

I think Sprout will def get a buzz like i said its more psychedelic with a little opie thrown in

kratom wd's are pretty shit tbh, i get the chills these days i gotta wear a winter jacket inside or take another dose this is like 6 or so hours after taking. Thing is i never felt the chills from codeine wd's ever. So MDB was right and i thought he was just exaggerating a bit, but nope.

Things are looking very sad on one of the few quality kratom vendors websites. They have scaled everything back to a pre-ordering system, and after a quick glance it seems that even a lot of the pre-orders have either already sold out or just 1 item remaining.

Truly, this is the very last chance to legally get hold of quality Kratom.

Sad times. :|

And about the WDs Amanatadine was right in that they do go on forever, although my energy levels rose about 2 weeks after quitting. I'm into week 3 now and i still feel grotty without taking Pregabalins. I'm now starting to worry about becoming dependant on Preg. I would have thought as long as i keep my doses low, which i am doing, and dont use it for longer than a month it should be OK. As Pregabalin relieves all remaining kratom w/ds i am unable to distnguish whether they are still kratom w/ds or if im beginning to develop a pregabalin habit. 8)

Tbh i think it probably is still the kratom, after 2 years of heavy use i guess i should be prepared for a protracted WD. Not that its anything too severe, just lingering feelings of being a bit grotty and unwell. I'm definitely over the worse, and with any luck should be fully well again within a week or 2. :\

Last edited:
You guys are weird, I fucking love the taste of kratom.

Seriously though if you want better effects, don't make teas or brews of any type. Just put a fat teaspoon of leaf or powdered leaf in the corner of your mouth and chew and suck the fuck out of it. Really that's how it should be taken, native people in Southeast Asia chew on the leaves.

There is a significant change in effects, I have made several teas, boils, whatever, but never achieved results as good as merely chewing and then swallowing obviously the powdered leaf. Also I find the tea much more nauseating than eating the leaf, I believe that when you brew it the plant might release some sort of tannin that gives you that gag reflex, chewing or eating the leaf doesn't.

Also if you can buy whole dried leaves, not powder, much much better as the alkaloids don't degrade.

Really it should be taken like Khat or Coca leaves, quid of plant material in the mouth and chew the day away.

I love the smell of it. The taste is not repulsive but its not chocolate either.

I can tolerate the taste when mixed in liquid with V8 juice being my favorite, the thickness of it also conceals the grittiness. I do enjoy the dry kratom burps when taken in capsules, kind of tastes like green tea.

kratom wd's are pretty shit tbh, i get the chills these days i gotta wear a winter jacket inside or take another dose this is like 6 or so hours after taking. Thing is i never felt the chills from codeine wd's ever. So MDB was right and i thought he was just exaggerating a bit, but nope.

Is this just after one, single dose? And not like a prolonged period of heavy use:? 8o :!

Yeah same I've had like 4 grams before today when I put 3.3 in some lemonade, had me feeling fucking NICE

Taking the stems powder definately helped lower my tolerance back when I used Kratom, it definately worked, I'm sure it wasn't placebo.

Anyway I'm so grateful I had the wisdom of putting myself on a subutex program at the state clinic back in January, just a few months before that idiotic legislation was passed in the UK, I would have been in pure hell given my two trusted suppliers were both UK based. I was on a 300 euros a month kratom habit. In truth I'd started buying subs off the street back in October/November as I had a work trip to South Korea and bringing a few tablets I saw as less risky than briging a couple of kilos of grounded leaf powder. Since then I'd been alternating, then I went on subs completely, 6mgs a day, weekly pickup, free of charge as it's a state clinic.

I agree with you on the stem n vein kenny, its a pity I ran out of it and even worse is that kratom is now banned in the UK :(

I thought id stocked up enough to do me for a while but I got complacent and ended up on a daily dose of around 10g which is high (for me) as over the 3 years or so ive been using kratom on and off I havnt been dependant on more than 3 or 4g daily.

I find it fairly easy to taper down my kratom dose and quit without too much WD problems. Yeah il have the shits, cold n flue symptoms and mood swings for a week but after thats out of the way Im back to my old self 100% although everyone is different.

I'm quite interested in this Kratom stuff myself Bob, though the potential for addiction is worrying. I was going to ask if it's still easily available, but your above post suggests that getting the good stuff is becoming harder.

Thanks Bob. I think you're right - probably best avoided. Although I'm still a drug addict in general, I shy away from physically addictive stuff these days

(Except booze - but supply is never a problem with that stuff :\ )

Last edited:
Bob - Does the kratom smell kind of sweet and dusty instead of like green tea? Had the same problem recently, worked as expected but didn't smell quite right. I still have a teaspoon of kratom in with my morning coffee and dont see the daily addiction to be much worse than daily cannabis. One of the things that does worry me though is the lack of testing available for a plant grown across the world and transported a long way. Could have pesticides, bacteria or fuck knows what so ive decided not to tosh n wash in the hope that making tea (or coffee in my case) might kill off any nasties.