• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

red vein borneo without a doubt. Ive only tried 3 or 4 strains, i should branch out and experiment a bit more, if i re-order, maybe different strains would hit fresh receptors anew or something i dunno.

This post was from a kratom connosieur

Well my favourite strains would be Green Riau, Super Sunda, Red Vein Sumatra and Red Vein Riau.

I can't remember the name of one strain that completely knocked me off my feet, really sedating, don't know the name anymore.

I'm not a fan of the Thai strains as usually I like to take kratom after stims, so I want something that chills me rather than something that adds extra stimulation. Also I find that the stimulation from thai strains is nowhere strong enough for me to use it as an upper, as in for sending CVs, job applications or getting work done. Plus if you add thai strains to mdpv you'll get the worst shakes in the world.

Good old Bali was decent as well, but for some reason it's gotten more expensive, back when I first started doing kratom it was the cheapest strain, now it's pricey, don't know why. Anyway, if you're a daily user, buy multiple strains and alternate every day, does wonders for your tolerance, trust me.

Ive not tried any of the strains he mentioned. Would like to experiment a bit more with more different strains before i quit. Might get a 'smorgasbord' of different strains in. Could be interesting. Will probably have to wait until my savings cheque arrives though. :\

Kratom Yoghurt ... sounds amazing! I think some Greek Yoghurt & a little honey would be my preference. :D
Add some banana to that and it's a lovely dessert.

How often do you guys use Kratom?
Usually once a week for me for the past year or so and I've still no tolerance. Though daily this week, so will see how that pans out.

I think the adrenal effect is the strongest, you can really feel it in stimulating strains like red vein thai, and if you miss a nights sleep then red vein thai will comfortably and easily see you through the next day
Nah, it's the white vein ones you want if you want stimulation. But yes, definitely a good pickmeup.

Is it true that it's the colour more than anything else that affects the high? I noticed something about different alkaloids in the soils being what differentiates the regions. Also the fact that YMMV a lot with Kratom.

So white for more stimulation, green for in-between & red for more sedation?

Mine has just been dispatched 1st class. It may or may not arrive tomorrow... the Royal Mail says 93% of letters arrive next working day when sent 1st class, which includes Saturday. I hope so, the weekend is always a relaxed time, so it'd seem ideal for a bit of experimentation.

So white for more stimulation, green for in-between & red for more sedation?
Yep, that's the general gist of it. Not sure what I think of green yet.. but the white/red seems a bit like sativa/indica weed, really. White definitely wakes me up and has me being productive for a few hours, red would have me slouched and listening to the Velvet Underground. But yeah, YMMV and all that. Enjoy! =D

Nah, it's the white vein ones you want if you want stimulation. But yes, definitely a good pickmeup.

Ill take your word for it but i also find red vein thai highly stimulating. I will have to get a white vein strain for compariosn puposes now. Any specific one that you would recommend ? Does it makes any difference wether they come from borneo, thailand or Sumatra :? Kenny reckons the Thai strains are stimulating.

Last edited:
I read that red thai is initially stimulating then it's sedating.

I would imagine it's like many other things, all strains are both sedating & stimulating but to varying degrees right?

Quote from another forum backing up what I said about alkaloids:

Basically the alkaloid profile of the strains per region are very different, this often results in different kind of effects. A Borneo Red for example would create more sedation compared to a Sumatra strain. Besides this there are also potency difference. A Green Malay or Thai strain would be more potent in general compared to strains from Indonesia.

I've not noticed much difference between borneo/thai/sumatra but YMMV etc. :)

yeah definately, i find red vein borneo much more relaxing than red vein thai. Dont think ive ever tried white veined anything though, so will have to rectify that. ;)

Enjoy bob!

I was wondering that... I was talking to CaptainKratom in the OD megathread about whether or not you can eat on Kratom. He said some people find it supresses their appetite a bit but he doesn't. What about you guys?

I was thinking I'd take it about 5-6pm so I could have a nice relax on the sofa before bed. I'd need to get some food down me sometime after dosing having not eaten since 2ish though.

How long is the 'high' noticeable for in general?

Wouldn't say it stimulates my appetite, but it does make me crave ice-cream and cookies. And probably around 4 hours ish, but it sort of tails off.

PS Chatty, stop changing your fucking avatar, it's getting confusing. ;)

Teheh.. I'm kind of the same with a lot of things. Being a lightweight is awesome.

Kratom and weed is a lovely combo, yep. May well be joining with that in a few hours.

^ I once had weed that was trippy, smoked a massive joint & just lay on my bed in a happy mess.

I would imagine some White Widow & Red Kratom would be like heaven.

PS Chatty, stop changing your fucking avatar, it's getting confusing. ;)

The Woodstock logo will stay... :D I'd had the Ex Hex album cover as my avatar a few years ago, so something completely new seemed in order.

MDB, Do u drink booze or eat whilst Kratomising? You on any kratom yersel today?

yeah both, as i take my kratom with yoghurts it stimulates my appetite. The first time i tried red thai with beers and JD it was awesome, but it hasnt worked nearly as well since the first time, the combo has just been a bit meh and messy since. Kratom can be quite tempremantal and elusive sometimes, unless my tolerance is increasing by the day, which is quite possible, as im almost 2 weeks into a run now. Im quite sure the way Swampy spaces out her doses is the better way to keep tolerance down and keep the effects 'fresh' but i dont have that level of self control. :sus:

Hrm, never actually had WW. Only got Bubblegum at the moment, fairly heavy stuff, but it is rather nice.

that's what I was hoping to hear =D.....smoking on some LSD (not impressed with whoever named that strain. Not enough creativity for my liking =D.
Aye.. Green Crack annoys me for the same reason. ;)

yeah definately, i find red vein borneo much more relaxing than red vein thai. Dont think ive ever tried white veined anything though, so will have to rectify that. ;)

Ive just been in the land of nod for half an hour after taking RBV all day and having a massive evening meal, not as warm and lush as an opi nod, just a drowsy nod. Or maybe Ian Hislops program about King Arthur was a bit boring, I might try to watch it again and see if i can keep my eyes open this time.

^^ How could you ever describe Ian Hislop as boring 8o ... take it back!

White widow from Adam was probably the first decent grass I ever smoked and its still one of my faves

It was the first weed I'd smoked. I'd tried some a hash a couple of times before it.

It was like a warm blanket of mild sedation... I felt so relaxed & happy. The smoke was really mild & creamy almost too.

Aaahh... I miss those days... time to re-connect with my friend who used to sell weed. I've got a feeling he has stopped dealing though.