• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

Depends what you wanna go for really. Is it stimulation/motivation or sedation/more opiate-alike your aiming for? If its stimulation, i found the only problem with maeng da kratom, is that it wears off far too quick. Whilst its going though, it does feel very nice indeed.

Personally i like to get 25g of white sumatra, 25g of red borneo and mix the whole lot together straight from the off. Both stimulating and warm at the same time - best of both worlds :D

Which i gave my opinion about in the first couple of lines of my post. And then went on to say why i disagreed it was the best, which he also asked for.

So you did. Wanna gold star? :)

You implied that i didnt and i responded that i did. What did you expect me to say? Whats with the sarky comment?

Cheers Spliff,

So basically it's more stimulating (maybe stronger I suppose) but wears off quicker. Won't be ordering again for another month or two so I'll be waiting til then to try it.

I've got both those red n white atm so I'll have to give that mix a try as well :D

Yeah i found it very stimulating actually, also stronger by weight. Normally ill use about 7.3g of my white and red mixture, but with the other stuff, i think i used about 4g or so.

And that mix works a treat! Sadly i cant help you out on ratios, cos mine is all just whacked into the same container, but i would hazard a guess that you wanna go for a tiny bit more white than red. Enjoy =D

Took this from a thread i wrote in yesterday, hopefully should be of some use;

Yeah kratom is great stuff isnt it? Its just a pain trying to find the strain that suites you the best.

Mix 'em up; thats when they truly shine! Used to love the red vein Thai & red vein Borneo combo. Whilst on it felt like a proper stimulant; wizzy about, chatty, motivated, but after a couple hours theres a noticeable dip. You can still feel the effects, but you just become irritable and want to cotch. Worth giving that combo a try 50/50 ratio. Tried a good few different brands and combos, but thats the one that had me feeling the most euphoric.

If you have any more questions then fire away. Just be warned that if you use too many verbs and are shy on the nouns, then there will be absolute hell to pay.

I've never combined thai and borneo but have found that re-dosing with thai 4-5 hours after my first dose staves off the slump and the irritabilty. I have been taking multiple daily doses for the last few weeks, but today have been fine on just one dose of thai in the morning and one dose of borneo in the evening. Thrown in 4 x 8mg flubros too for good measure though.

Anyone tried Premium Bali ('aiding both relaxation and stimulation') or Borneo LTP ("balanced long lasting stimulation')?

Both are on discount this weekend. I may well make a sample purchase. Somehow my tolerance isnt spiralling this time round, or perhaps its just because im not going fucking crazy with the doses. :\

Kratom tolerance is sucks balls. 7g of good malay maeng da does next to nothing for me now. Id been mixing and matching between the various maeng da strains at around 3g with great results last week but now I cant even catch that background comfy stimulated yet slightly sedated feeling i used to get from the green strains. Going to take a break then try some new enhanced bali stuff. 1g is supposed to equal 25g of bali powder.

From what i gather from the opi-philes forum its when people start switching to the enhanced strains of kratom that a relatively mild and managable habit can really start escalating for the worse. Taking a break is a good idea, but if you move up to the enhanced strains the chances are that sooner or later you'll find yourself in just the same situation but with a bigger beast of a habit to tame/escape from.

Your right there MDB but curiosity got the better of me with the enhanced stuff. I dont seem to feel that much in the way of WD's after using it for a week or 2 and stopping. I plan to only use it 1 week on 1 week off in the future. Infact maybe even less than that (up to 3 days on, 3 off?) because i went close to a month without going near the bag when i last got some. I need a tolerance break for sure though because its a waste of money taking high doses.

3 days on and 3 days off sounds like it's more risky than 1 week on 1 week off.

Enhanced kratom has been quite different from other kratom in my experience. Strong effect from teaspoon doses. I was on it 24/7 for three months and got very sick when I quit. The worst was how mad my heart would get, I'd wake up with 100+BPM and fierce palpitations. I don't get those cardio symptoms when I withdraw from other opioids. My guess was that the enhanced blend may have had relatively more NRI-activity than the regular strains.

3 days on and 3 days off sounds like it's more risky than 1 week on 1 week off.

Enhanced kratom has been quite different from other kratom in my experience. Strong effect from teaspoon doses. I was on it 24/7 for three months and got very sick when I quit. The worst was how mad my heart would get, I'd wake up with 100+BPM and fierce palpitations. I don't get those cardio symptoms when I withdraw from other opioids. My guess was that the enhanced blend may have had relatively more NRI-activity than the regular strains.

shit man its good to know that. Il maybe leave the enhanced stuff for a treat now and again and maybe lay off kratom a bit in general. Its just since having serotonin syndrome smoking weed makes me feel like shit and kratom doesnt seem to and it fills that "void" so to speak.

EDIT: So the extract i got seems pretty impressive. apparently 25g of bali is equal to 1g of the extract so i could see how eating a teaspoon size of that to be completely crazy lurching. (if the extract you were taking was anywhere near that strength.)

I used 100mg of mine with 2g of a strain called "vietnamese bumble bee". I got the exact effects i was after. Soothing, warm and calm but quite motivated and up for getting stuff done.

Last edited:
Here's a document I cobbled together from various sources for weighing things up for my latest kratom order. Since i went to quite a lot of time and effort to put the doc together i thought i might aswell share it here, it might come in usefull for someone else. Aplogies that all sources of info are not referenced, they mostly came from vendor sites, other forums, erowid, mental kenny and Amanitadine. If mods feel it neccesary to delete for copyright reasons then so be it.

Okay, so we've 5 main species. Borneo and Thai have 3 strains (red, green and white - the colours refer to the colour of the main leaf vein (kratom is a tree; its botanical name is myrtigyna speciosa). and White Thai is usually known as Maeng Da. Sumatran kratom has 2 strains (red and white), as does Riau (red and green). Malay, as far as I'm aware, has only one - and that's green.

Each of the 3 strains has its own unique properties, with white being the most energising (and, of those Maeng Da being the most energising of all) and Red Thai the least.

Once consumed, most kratom varieties will reliably administer effects for at least 3 hours. Stronger strains and higher doses can lead to longer lasting effects, though the character of effects can also change with high doses, leading to excessive sleepiness and sedation.

Red Borneo is a good, middle-of-the-road strain, and is the one I'd recommend to anyone wishing to sample kratom for the first time).

green malay is noticeably more stimulating than red strains, and the stimulation seems to last longer than any other strain i've tried.

borneo ltp - White Borneo kratom is sometimes referred to as Liang Teh Putih (usually abbreviated to LTP) with white being the most energising

borneo yellow kratom - , wild crafted and sourced from Kalimantan, Indonesia. Potent and energetic. Rare, Euphoria, Relaxation, Stimulation.At first, we were skeptical regarding this until we tried it and it quickly became on of our top 10 burns. It’s aroma is somewhere in between a White Vein, Green Vein and a Red Vein. Though, it finds itself closer to the Relaxing & Euphoric side of Kratom. We hope that we will continue to have access to this lovely kratom for some time to come. Fans of our Euphoric Maeng Da, Elephant Kratom & Super Green Malay should definitely enjoy this kratom. Keep in mind that kratom is very subjective, some people get invigorating aromas and others get relaxing aromas from this strain…at different burn amounts, of course. A unique find for your Kratom aromatherapy sessions.

red riau kratom Loving red riau!! sedating, Decent potency, zero increase in heart rate. I am not a thai fan at all, I have anxiety problems, I need relaxing and euphoric. If your plant material is not green or has little to no effect, stay away from that dealer! Anything that was properly harvested and dried will be some shade of green. The effects of Green Riau kratom have been reported to share the uplifting qualities of a Sumatran kratom, but with the bodily relaxing qualities of a Borneo (Bali) strain. This fact, combined with the pleasant 'body buzz' reported by many Green Riau kratom fans, arguably make it an extremely good choice for pain relief. A Red Riau kratom will have many of the same effects, but with much more relaxing overtones. reds are usually mellow and relaxing (Red Riau being the most)

Green Riau has been reported to share the uplifting qualities of a Sumatran kratom, but with the bodily relaxing qualities of a Borneo (Bali) strain. This fact, combined with the pleasant 'body buzz' reported by many Green Riau kratom fans, arguably make it an extremely good choice for pain relief.The greens are somewhere in the middle (Green Riau tends towards the mellower end)

Red Vein Sumatra Most red vein kratom leaves are known to deliver effects that fall more on the relaxing side of the spectrum. Sumatra kratom is no exception. Here are some of the routinely reported benefits that users experience when ingesting this strain:
Worry and stress relief
Calming nerves
Analgesic pain relief
Help falling asleep and regulating sleep patterns
Lowering high blood pressure
Increase in tactile pleasure
Pleasant sensitivity to temperature
“Dreamy” feelings of relaxed happiness
Extremely Long-Lasting Effects
Sumatra red vein kratom, is known to deliver its potent, pleasurable effects for up to 10 hours. This longer-duration experience does not come with over-tiredness, but instead is often reported to maintain a feeling of consistent, naturally relaxed energy, followed by a natural trail-off of effects. This quality makes the red veined Sumatra a great choice for anyone who is naturally anxious and over-energized, facing a long day of stress, or is perhaps having trouble unwinding during the second half of the day.
1-2 grams – Threshold dose.
2-3 grams – Good moderate dose for most people.
3-4 grams – Strong dose for most people.
4-5 grams – Very strong and long-lasting dose.
6 grams – Max recommended dosage. More than 6 grams is not generally needed with red Sumatran kratom. This strain is one of the best,good in high amounts for lucid sedation plus it lasts the longest.
I always add rv Sumatran to other strains to make them last longer.

maing da green - Maeng Da is a variety of Thai Kratom with high alkaloid content and can be classed as a unique strain. But really its just a strong Thai Kratom.

premium bali kratom - My gerbil finds bali (usually actually Borneo mis-named) to be some of the best Kratom out there as far as relaxing effects go) Bali is a great strain, especially if you get good potent Bali from a good vendor.
It is without a doubt the strain that has the most to offer when it comes to pain management and to people who are trying to use it for opiate withdrawals, or to switch to from traditional opiates. Bali can be quite sedative, more so than most other strains in similar doses, even green veined Bali tends to be slightly more sedating than other GV strains. Its also one of the first strains that hit western markets, although most of it it was sourced from Borneo (and to a smaller amount Sumatra) it was a vendor on the island of Bali that made it available initially (hence the name bali kratom) Its not my personal favourite, but i do like to keep some Bali kratom in store. I find that its a great mixing strain for blending with others. I enjoy a 50/50 mix of RV Bali and GV Malay or GV Riau
While i find that taking kratom too late in the day leads to problems sleeping (even with very sedating strains) usually in the form of 'Broken' dreams or only being able to reach a sort of half (twilight) sleep, i know that many people have found it helpful for insomnia.
Its not the most potent kratom, or the longest lasting but it does tend to be better priced and for all its applications it really is a king of kratom.

Green Borneo is more uplifting).One of the most well known and loved green strains is Green Borneo kratom. Over a long history stretching all the way back to thousand year old local tribal culture, Borneo plants have been a reliable source of every important physical and mental kratom benefits. It’s a very well rounded strain. Considered by many to a naturally-occurring hybrid of the other two main strains, green kratom is known to provide a harmonious blend of all reported benefits. Green vein strains are powerful calming herbs that simultaneously provide all-day energy. Users report that the remedy allows them to perform all normal daily activities at maximum levels of productivity, while maintaining a very relaxed inner state. Pain, either chronic or temporary, muscular or skeletal, is eliminated. Users often describe a sense of total euphoria and optimism, free from worry and normal mental stress. This potent and exciting blend of effects makes green vein the perfect choice for just about all users. Its incredible popularity is a testament to this.
Dosage Information When selecting a dosage for green vein kratom strains, it’s important to weigh factors like personal sensitivity to herbal remedies alongside quality ratings of any individual product’s strength. In general, green leaves are among the more potent varieties, and dosages may tend to the smaller end of the spectrum. For most people, 1-3 grams constitutes a light dose, while 3-5 grams is an excellent, strong median dose. Dosages of 5-10 grams and above are only recommended for experienced users.

"As with all kratom products, lower doses will produce more stimulating effects, while larger doses tend toward more calming, sedative properties. A little experimentation over many session may be required to find the right dose for you.

I take 5g for a dose of kratom. I've been taking 5g for at least a year, I reckon if you dose once a day at most then tolerance doesn't go up much, maybe a little, but I still feel it coming on, which is nice.

You want it compared to poppies, it doesn't compare, you cannot achieve that sort of complete opiate effect (IME, kenny may differ). And "less is more" is often said in relation to kratom. If you keep eating it in search of opioid fuckedness you'll probably just puke your load. Having said that I did once catch a nod

Try 5g (1 very heaped tsp) to start with. On an empty stomach, wait half an hour, if you're not feeling anything add 3g and wait. Keep adding 3g until you feel it. I think you'll feel 5g though, as it hits different receptors to traditional opioids. It hits mu as well, but others too.

I'm not a fan of the Thai strains as usually I like to take kratom after stims, so I want something that chills me rather than something that adds extra stimulation. Also I find that the stimulation from thai strains is nowhere strong enough for me to use it as an upper, as in for sending CVs, job applications or getting work done. Plus if you add thai strains to mdpv you'll get the worst shakes in the world.

Good old Bali was decent as well, but for some reason it's gotten more expensive, back when I first started doing kratom it was the cheapest strain, now it's pricey, don't know why. Anyway, if you're a daily user, buy multiple strains and alternate every day, does wonders for your tolerance, trust me." Mental Kenny

withdrawing

*NOTE* this may not work with those who use a large amount of extract with their daily dosage

We’ll start with a little background, I am an 18 year old male. Athletic build of about 145 lbs. I’ve used various substances over the last two years including cannabis, synthetic cannabis, kanna, phenibut (one of my favorites) as well as Kratom which is my real favorite. I’ve started using kratom about a year ago and have since become physically addicted it. I started using once a week then as time goes on it got to everyday use. Luckily I was able to keep my use to plain leaf only and my standard dose was about ~15g of plain leaf made into tea. It gives me a mild but still amazingly fun opiate like high yet its still completely legal and relatively cheap and even with my habit of using once a day, I was able to order about once a month and spend a relatively small amount of money similar to a medium sized cell phone plan.

But of course as with any addiction, there is a time that one needs to get clean for one reason or another. I personally have quit three times during my use for about a week at a time both because i was going out of town during those times and to lower tolerance and increase effectiveness of my doses.

The first time the withdrawals hit me unexpectedly and it was miserable, not to mention that my habit was much smaller at the time (no more than ~12g a day, possibly even every other day) I had to leave town and stay with my cousin and I though that I would be fine to not use for the 4 or 5 days that I was there, but I was wrong. They hit me within about 2-3 days and at the time I really didn't know why I was feeling extremely uncomfortable all the time and sweating and being pissed off at the world for no reason at all. Luckily I was able to hide it well enough so my family didn’t know that I was getting dope-sick of sorts. The worst part was the constant feeling of being hot and cold and being extremely restless and it was just not any fun.

During this time I was using phenibut at my cousins house. I now know that phenibut can really take the edge off, if not completely remove the effects of kratom withdrawal but more on that later. I ended up dosing again as soon as I got home and it felt amazing.

The second time I was forced to quit for a while was on a trip with my family to New York. This time I was prepared and took the necessary steps to almost eliminate withdrawals again. This method will also be described later.

The third time was about a week ago and it was due to not having enough money to purchase more kratom. Not because it was too expensive but because I am currently unemployed.

THE METHOD:

With a habit such as mine or something similar (I imagine this would work with a habit up to about 18g daily). The first step is the preparation that one needs to do before quitting because cold turkey can be difficult and it can be avoided. You will need about 1-2oz of your choice of plain leaf kratom depending on your habit. You will also need about 10-20g of phenibut (buying bulk powder and either mixing it with water or making capsules is the most economical) as well as another 1-2oz of STEM AND LEAF kratom powder, this is a type of kratom that will really aid you in the process of getting your mind and body back to normal.

Day 1: The first step is to cut your usual dosage in half so for me this was about 8g of plain leaf, boiled in water, strained and drank at night. I still got quite a buzz from this and I slept well that night and of course no withdrawal symptoms.

Day 2: Reduce your dosage from the previous day by 2g, so for me my dosage went from 8g to 6g. Again, slight buzz and I was able to sleep with no symptoms.

Day 3: Stick with the same dosage, for me it was another 6g.

Day 4: Cut your dosage by another 1g, so I took 5g in tea that night, but I also took 1g of stem and leaf kratom in capsules. I was still able to feel some effects from the kratom and I was again able to sleep.

Day 5: I was just about out of kratom this time so I was only able to take about ~1.5g of plain leaf. (If you wish to take 2.5g on day 5 then 1g on day 6, that would also be beneficial but I didn’t have to do this)

Day 6: I was completely out of plain leaf kratom at this point and all I had was a fair amount of phenibut powder (this comes in handy later) as well as 56g or so of stem and vein kratom. I was feeling some cravings that day and I took 12g of stem and vein kratom in capsules.

*** While this sounds like I was going backwards on my taper, stem and vein kratom has opioid antagonists and agonists that are different from regular kratom leaf or powder and due to this, it can help to reset the body’s neurotransmitters faster than cold turkey. ***

Day 7: I took another 10-12g of stem and vein, but not feeling any high or relaxation from it. I’m confident that it was still doing it’s job.

Day 8: The final day that I had any kratom at all, I took the last of my stem and vein kratom. This was about 12g, again not feeling much of an effect but I think it was still doing it’s job. That night, I really wanted to get a buzz and needed something to calm me down so I smoked some cannabis mixed with a little bit of synthetic cannabis.

Day 9, Day 1 w/o Kratom: No kratom, no withdrawal symptoms but definitely some cravings after not getting high for 2 days. Maybe I had a little trouble sleeping but I again smoked cannabis that night.

Day 10, Day 2 w/o Kratom: I was expecting to wake up in full withdrawal that morning, but I woke up and felt completely fine physically however I was feeling some mental effects such as anxiety (this I deal with in my everyday life as well without withdrawal) and some depression (another thing that I sometimes deal with anyway) I believe I had class that day and just before I took a capsule of phenibut, this was roughly 1g.

Day 11, Day 3 w/o Kratom: I woke up, I didn’t feel much w/d. Runny nose, yawning as well as some sweating. However, this was all very very mild! I went through my day of school with only some mild depression during my first class. But then after my first class, I took another phenibut capsule, again 1g. This made me feel just about normal. And then another 2 hours later I took another 1g capsule and the normal feeling continued. I had some trouble sleeping that night, and woke up much earlier than normal and felt wide awake.

*** Another reason that phenibut really helped me was because it completely removed all cravings for kratom and made me feel more or less content without it, and I am aware that almost everyone feels the effects differently so just be aware of this if planning to use it ***

Day 12, Day 3 w/o Kratom: This is the third day with completely no kratom. Again, waking up with no w/d symptoms! This really surprised me as it usually takes at least two days for one to feel kratom withdrawal symptoms so I was almost sure that I was going to be dope-sick that day but I wasn’t. No phenibut that day but synthetic cannabis was smoked to relieve almost all anxiety and removed some cravings. I did have some trouble sleeping that night and woke up once and it took about an hour to fall asleep again.

Day 13, Day 4 w/o Kratom: Again, woke up feeling just about fine but just a little sweaty. The anxiety was fairly low but taking 1g of phenibut removed that and made me feel very normal.

This is where this story ends as I received some more kratom. But I was able to stay completely clean for 4 days and I felt hardly anything in terms of withdrawal.

To sum it up the dose schedule goes as follows:

*** Purchase some stem and vein kratom and ensure you have enough plain leaf kratom to finish the taper ***

Day 1 of taper/quitting process: 1/2 of normal dose (8g)
Day 2: 1/2 of normal dose - 2g (6g)
Day 3: Same as previous day (6g)
Day 4: previous day - 2g (5g)
Day 5: 1.5-2.5g
Day 6: 12g of stem and vein kratom
Day 7: 10-12g of stem and vein kratom
Day 8: 12g of stem and vein, last day of kratom
Day 9: no kratom, sleep aid if necessary
Day 10: 1g of phenibut, sleep aid if necessary
Day 11: 1-2g of phenibut depending on tolerance, sleep aid if necessary
Day 12: .5g to 1g phenibut if needed
Day 13: .5g to 1g phenibut if needed
Day 14: phenibut may not even be needed but use sparingly
Day 15: 5th day without kratom should mean that the body is just about back to normal and one may be able to go throughout the day unaided.

Dose phenibut as needed to combat anxiety as well as cravings and potentially aid in sleep but keep in mind that tolerance is possible with phenibut so try to limit the amount of intake as well as the number of days in a row (2-3 days on 2-3 days off seems fine but if keeping under 1g a day then there is some leeway, just be smart)

This schedule should definitely aid in quitting kratom and greatly reduce the discomfort of quitting.

I wish you all best of luck and one day at a time! (Erowid)

"MDB- I'm sure you have heard it or thought it before, but for such a benign gentle seeming substance Kratom has some seriously nasty withdrawals. The opioid part isn't too bad at reasonable amounts, but the depression- anxiety- lethargy aspect of it lingers forever..quite different than opioid PAWS, more like antidepressant style. It can be a real wolf in sheeps clothing!

Great for withdrawal from other opioids, great as a maintenance drug too, but a serious bitch to come off of after prolonged use. I'd rather kick a much stronger short acting opioid if I'd been on the Kratom as maintenance for a while.....much more straight forward.....in addition to it's Mu action Kratom has alkaloids working on the adrenergic system, NMDA antagonism, calcium channel blockers, muscle relaxers, etc etc. Not nearly as extreme but kind of like how poppies are so much nastier to kick than morphine...kicking dozens of drugs at once!

Tread carefully man. Be well." (Amanitadine)

Last edited:
Nice to see you treat your Gerbil to the premium stuff there to MDB... personally i think you're spoiling him ;)

So has anyone on EADD tried stem and vein kratom? I've been reading up on in on the Opiphile forum where they have 12 pages of threads dedicated to kratom.

Well this stem and vein stuff sounds almost too good to be true, apparently it contains a lot of antagonists for the receptors that the usual leaf powders act as agonists on, and apparently spending a weekend saturating your receptors with this stuff can markedly reduce your tolerance. The only downside is that you dont get any buzz off it atall and it fucks with your sleep (they dont seem to use or discuss benzos much on the kratom forum, so there may well be a way round that particular downside). Plus it doesnt seem to lead to any kind of 'precipitated withdrawals' from what i can gather as there was no mention of people becoming ill when switching from the leaf powders to the stems and veins..

I'll report back after next weekend if i go through with this then whether it has been successful or not. I will attempt it one weekend soon if not this coming one. If it does work then that will also make the prospect of cutting down my kratom usage, and reverting back to recreational use only much easier. It's also said to make complete withdrawal much easier as your brain receptors are said to reset back to normal much quicker than they would otherwise.

One step at a time though, getting my doses reduced would definitely be a good start. If that works then the prospect of a two week stem and vein taper for a 'complete reset' sounds quite achievable. Much more so than trying to taper down from a multiple dayly dosing schedule by trying to randomly reduce various doses of kratom powder.

Anyone tried the red LTM strain, bloody awesome codeine replacement id say its alot longer lasting then codeine when it comes to holding off WD's. Gives you a nice subtle positivity that lasts quite a while its also the worst kratom i have had for dope dick, also it keeps my pupils pinned for along time.