• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

The EADD Kratom Thread v1. Chew those leaves? Bleugh!

From doing a little bit of scanning, it appears cayenne pepper has been reported to augment / potentiate the effects of amphetamines and benzodiazepines too, so I doubt it's an opioid receptor thing. I happen to believe that the opioid receptor action of kratom is responsible for only a fraction of its effects.

Really? Hrm, might have to do some experimentation with that, then.

And yeah, I wouldn't be surprised by that, Sam. Plants seem to often have lots of alkaloids that magically work together to produce a 'better' combined effect.

Yeah, it seems cayenne pepper is an interesting one. Can't believe I never picked up on this before.

I know chilli peppers pepper the ol' receptors and Cayenne Pepper is a variety of chilli, no? Didn't realise it had any potentiating potential though. Interesting. Although as I eat chillies daily I doubt I'd notice the difference. Which begs the question, how shite are my drugs if I stopped eating chillies?!? 8o

I can't find it at the moment, but there was a thread on Kratom Potentiation which had like 10 different ways to help it along. I remember the Cayenne for it & Milk Thistle but can't remember the rest....

Okay after years of use I'm gonna give you some of my secret tips to keep kratom interesting even after extended daily use:

First principle:

Kratom contains a variety of alkaloids, leaves picked from the same tree at different height showed in studies drastic variations in alkaloid content, hence why there are people arguing that the whole strain thing is bullshit, leaves facing north up on the tree can be loaded by opiod alkaloids, while leaves facing south on the lower branches can be loaded with yohimbe-like active ingredients.

Age: Kratom alkaloid profile changes drastically with age, older plants are much stronger and more powerful, unfortunately since it became so popular it's almost impossible to acquire Kratom from old tress, the last time I was able to do this was when I was living in the US and it was from an online friend of mine who grows Kratom in Haway(perfect climate) and makes extracts and isolates. There are vendors out there who claim to have kratom from old trees, but I would take it with a grain of salt.

Having said that, the main principle for the continued ability to enoy kratom is:

-Strain rotation: always have at least four or five strains available, I don't know how you guys order, but I always buy at least 250 grams of each strain, so that I have a few kilos and don't get paranoid about running out.

One strain per day, alternate, this makes a HUGE DIFFERENCE. I'm not kidding.

Potentiators:

-Milk Thistle, before the kratom

-Curcuma, I have actual curcuma in both powder and wood form, that I eat with black pepper. Curcuma has an incredibly low oral bioavailability but black pepper improves that, so always consume your curcuma with black pepper. There are extracts on the supplement market that contain both turmeric extract and black pepper extract, you can buy those.

-Passiflora Incarnata: Great mood lifter and a mild MAOI, it always makes the experience better

-Escolzia Californica: also known as California poppy, a great booster, increases sedation by a lot so thread carefully.

Guayasa: It's similar to yerba mate, but I like it more, it's a dream enhancer so expect some insane visual dreams when you drink it, a stimulant but doesn't give you the jitters, great synergy with kratom.

-Freshly squeezed grapefruit juice: make sure you drink the juice but also eat the leftorver pulp and most important chew and eat the seeds, trust me on that, it's the seed that contain most of the liver-enzyme inhibitors.

-Dissos, okay nothing new here, but a couple of dabs of MXP can make you halve your daily kratom if you're dependent on it. You can substitute MXP, with most other dissociatives.

Personally I don't like mixing strains on the same day, sometimes it can send you in a state of mini-WD, there's a german botanist, who's name now escapes me who said that some strains of kratom and the stems basically work like a mild natural subutex. I have experienced such effects on myself taking a lot of stem powder after a good dose of normal kratom. It's good for reducing tolerance and taming dependence though.

Hope this helps. Also keep in mind that the curcuma/turmeric is also a great booster for MDMA and related drugs, it works like wonders for those, also one of the strongest anti-cancer plants out there. The only drawback is that unlessyou take the extracts just taking the powder can stain your teeth, it's an appetite booster, a liver detoxifyer and slightly laxative

Last edited:
Great post. It was very similar to the one I mentioned... Unfortunately as my Laptop is f*cked I can't check my history.

I wondered if the Milk Thistle potentiated the aMT I had yesterday.... I don't see why it would, was probably rhe Kratom being potentiated & in turn potentiating the aMT.

Kratom is active on serotoning, you notice it when you quit, the three months of depression I got after quitting are more in line with quitting anti-depressives than opiates, also it boosts any drug that is active on serotonin, from shrooms, to MDMA, to 2Cs, all of them.

Seriously AMT and kratom are one of the best mixes out there, after a decent oral dose, take a big spoonfull, BLISS

Try taking a good dose of kratom(at least 10 grams) when coming down on MDMA, then come back and report what you felt, do it

Slight double or crossover post, but the 'kratom people' may not be interested in snooker and miss this post ive edited out of the snooker thread. Not thats its especially exciting or important just wanted it to be seen for some reason. I am gonna quit kratom next time Ronnie plays snooker, (the 29th) i just love the guy and watching him play, i play pool myself to quite a high standard so i know how difficult what he does is, i can sort of appreciate his skills, so im sure having him to watch will help me enormously through the first 2 days of quitting.

If he wins that match i will be delighted as the longer he remains in the tournament the more time it gives me under my belt for my brain to readjust and regain its natural equilibrium without bloody kratom. The boredom factor will be massively allievitated. This is what caused my last quit attempt to fail, Of all things to be defeated by boredom is really fucking lame. But it is a big factor non the less. Where have my 'inner resources' gone i dont fucking know. I do know that kratom w/ds really are very low down in the scale of difficulty, particularly if usage hasnt gone on for too long or at too high a dosage. Well the dosage has escalated, but im still within that all important one month time frame. Since i beleieve that it is easier to quit if you stop within that time frame this will also help. Belief plays a huge part.

Had quite a pleasant day on me ol'kratom yesterday. Was quite surprised how much I felt it. Cravings for gear were really strong in the morming as I tried to concoct a plan to give the Mrs the slip and score, as thats what my stupid brains still wired to do :(

Anyways, once my plan was hatched a thought id just have a teaspoon or so of Kratom to see me through until my evil plan could be executed.... turned into two teaspoons, the first I just put into me gob dry, fuckin el that wasnt much fun, felt like the moisture was been sucked from every part of my body as I tried to chew it.. once id rinsed my teeth of their green coating I opted for the yoghurt method for the next dose.

The time for my chance to score came and passed and I didnt care, was just happy where I was and enjoyed my day. Thanks kratom yow saved the day :)

From doing a little bit of scanning, it appears cayenne pepper has been reported to augment / potentiate the effects of amphetamines and benzodiazepines too, so I doubt it's an opioid receptor thing. I happen to believe that the opioid receptor action of kratom is responsible for only a fraction of its effects.

Any idea how much? got loads of cayenne pepper capsules here, 500mg caps, had them for ages but hardly take them

so i decided to give kratom a try just for a sort of "pick me up" or for relaxing. Need something to fall back on that isn't a benzo because I've cut them out and use them only for rough trips or comedowns. I usually just use weed for this purpose but recently iv become too anxious from it so need to cut back. I ordered a sample pack containing:

12g Bali Kratom Powder

12g Cambodian Kratom Powder

12g Thai Stem & Vein Powder

12g Vietnam Kratom Powder

12g Malaysian Kratom Powder

12g Thai Kratom Powder

So am i right in saying red vein = relaxing opiate sort of high and white vein = more of an upper kind of high?

PS. excuse my ignorance, I'm a kratom newbie.

Last edited:
Yes, red's my fave. Enjoy, but don't be like me and do it every day for weeks on end. Because your tolerance will be stupid.

Will have to look into that cayenne myself.

MDB it sounds like you're doing pretty well overall with your drug + kratom usage. From reading your last post I'd guess your main problem with use/abuse could be down to boredom and needing other goals, and something else to give you more of a natural buzz and happiness. As I said before get a good routine that includes some sense of fun/purpose/achievement. Get practicing the pool and become a hustler :) keep up the good work bud.

cheers, yeah i have ended my one month run today. It helps massively that i have Ronnie O Sullivan to watch for at least one more day. It looks highly likely that he will make at least the semi finals now, having gone into a 6-2 lead, as he is such a strong front runner. Boredom and demotivation has been a huge problem for me over the last few months. The 'acute physical w/d' thing from a months kratom use only lasts a couple of days. Then i will be getting to the pool table more often. I think this could really help, having some little hobby/plan in place this time round that will hold my interest sufficiently to aid my recovery.

I have discovered that kratom is terrible for my game anyway as it can cause a tremor and resultant loss of positive confident fluent striking of the white ball which is essential. :\

Red Vein is good, one of my favourites along Green Riau, which I find slighlty stronger.

are there any dangerous combos with kratom that i should avoid?

Not that i am aware of, as the effects can be quite subtle and 'backgroundish' in themselves it can be succesffully combined with a huge variety of other things from alcohol, weed/noids, opis, benzos, mxe (the mxe combo didnt go too well for me but others have enjoyed it, i think my MXE days are over 8().

Moderation is key with the second ingredient though. Nauseau is the most likely problem with excess and thats obviously dangerous should you vomit and choke while you are nodding out or sleeping or something.

cheers MDB, I wasn't planning on mixing it with anything (except weed). Was just checking incase I have to be 100% kratom free for the likes of an acid trip incase it mixed dangerously or something. I probably won't take it on the day of a trip anyway, its just good to know.