• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
exponentialrate said:
That sounds absolutely miserable. I've heard of opiates causing nausea before, but never sharp stomach pains; that's part of what freaked out my friend so much.

Anybody else have an experience like this, or better yet, a way to take the pods without all the pain? I've read about the tea, but thought ingesting the grounds (whole pod) was simply more efficient/longer lasting?

Ok when you hear people say ingest the grounds, they mean ground up pods that are the consistency of powder after being run through a electric coffee grinder. NOT eating dry pod pieces.

As for your friend it may be he has a sensitive digestive system or could just be allergic to morphine or something in the pods. It could also be something totally different as you said he was sleep deprived? Would that be because of stimulants or other drugs? It could be a lot of things, for the record I've used probably thousands of pods and never experienced sharp abdominal pain.

To the question about eating pods. I eat my pods. I used to make tea, but making tea every morning is a hell of a lot harder than mixing up grounds into some yogurt. You don't need a coffee grinder, a blender works fine.

I've never had any trouble eating pods. IME 3 large pods eaten seem to equal about 5 pods turned into tea (but it's hard to say considering the variability of each individual pod). Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to eat my bowl of poppy mush and yogurt every morning as apposed to spending about an hour to make and cool tea. I think it's more of a convenience factor than an effectiveness factor. also tea is much rougher on my stomach than eating grounds mixed with yogurt.....strawberry banana FTW!!!

^ Hey man, its not really any of my business, I say this only out of concern for you well being, not in a judgmental way, but I thought you were clean from opiates...
Did you fall off the wagon?
If so, know that I have your back if you want to get clean again.

dankstersauce said:
To the question about eating pods. I eat my pods. I used to make tea, but making tea every morning is a hell of a lot harder than mixing up grounds into some yogurt. You don't need a coffee grinder, a blender works fine.

I've never had any trouble eating pods. IME 3 large pods eaten seem to equal about 5 pods turned into tea (but it's hard to say considering the variability of each individual pod). Maybe it's just me, but I prefer to eat my bowl of poppy mush and yogurt every morning as apposed to spending about an hour to make and cool tea. I think it's more of a convenience factor than an effectiveness factor. also tea is much rougher on my stomach than eating grounds mixed with yogurt.....strawberry banana FTW!!!

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone.

Of course, I have more questions:
Do you think the difference between ground vs. whole would make a difference in terms of digestion? This was a terrible experience for 16+ hours.

Has anyone else experienced this kind of abdominal misery from eating pods before?

I think the more plant material you ingest the more likely you are to get sick and have cramps.

So I'd stick with boiling as you only want the morphine, you don't want the million other alkaloids.

I honestly can't believe that people can put pod powder in yogurt and eat it.

I attempted this one time. All the little gritty pieces of pod were extremely tough, unable to be chewed at all, and extremely bitter. I downed some of the material but eventually gave up as it was too disgusting. The yogurt didn't really mask the disgustingness of it for me.

I didn't get much nauseau though.

I think the more plant material you ingest the more likely you are to get sick and have cramps.

So I'd stick with boiling as you only want the morphine, you don't want the million other alkaloids.

You may want some of the alkaloids, they contribute to the very long duration poppy pod tea has compared to morphine.

rolls said:
Ive experienced MASSIVE abdominal cramping from panadeine forte (30mg codeine 500mg paracetamol) before only had 4 of them. I would have rated it a 9/10 on the pain scale, I actually passed out after an hour it was that intense.

Went to the hospital and they gave me something IV for the intestinal spasms and it went away. Its possible it could have been something like this.

I'd say that was the 2000mg of APAP.

can cause similar problems.

Well, my friend just made some tea. Just 1 medium pod, no stem, no crown, no seeds, ground to a powder and steeped in hot water with green tea for 30 minutes. Had half the tea, minor stomach discomfort but no real high, so 30 minutes later, he finishes the tea. So far, his stomach just hurts and he feels slightly dysphoric. This time, he even gave the pod a quick wash/dry before grinding it so as to (hopefully) remove any pesticides.

1 clean ground pod, steeped with green tea for 30 minutes, consumed over an hour = stomach pains, minor sedation and dysphoria. Any ideas?

Edit:Over the next hour, his stomach pain slowly subsided, but he still felt more sedated than euphoric. The pod powder wasn't very bitter either. Think it's just lousy pods?

Last edited:
Im about to purchase some pods, and try to make tea with them. My question to you all is: "How much should I use?" I don't have a scale to measure the weight, unless I bring it to lab, but Im not doing that. So 15mg of hydrocodone usually do me good, this is my first attempt at the poppy. Any Idea how much (about) or how many (what size) pods I should use for my first time? \

Also, this is the basics, correct me if im wrong:
1. Grind to powder
2. Put them in hot water, not quite boiling for 20 minutes or so
3. Filter
4. Flavor (optional)
5. Consume

Does that sound right?

ThePharmacist25 said:
Im about to purchase some pods, and try to make tea with them. My question to you all is: "How much should I use?" I don't have a scale to measure the weight, unless I bring it to lab, but Im not doing that. So 15mg of hydrocodone usually do me good, this is my first attempt at the poppy. Any Idea how much (about) or how many (what size) pods I should use for my first time? \

1. Grind to powder
3. Filter
4. Flavor (optional)
5. Consume

Does that sound right?

I can't comment on dosing, but that procedure does sound more or less correct. My friend used boiling water dumped onto the grounds and let them soak for 40+ minutes. He drank the tea over an hour and said it turned out rather well.

ThePharmacist25 said:

1. Grind to powder
3. Filter
4. Flavor (optional)
5. Consume

Does that sound right?

15 mg hydrocodone is a pretty low tolerance, so I'd suggest starting with 2 pods and work your way up from there with more tea if you don't feel an onset in 20-30 min.

It's very possible to OD on pod tea, even if it seems innocuous. Keep that in mind and be safe.

Poppy Pod Tea

Okay, I ordered my first shipment of poppy pods, from nowhere in particular. It is my first time with this sort of tea and I am going to post what regimen I am going to follow to extract the alks. Please modify, or suggest/advise me to alter any step to guide me along. Has anyone ever ordered from the poppy pod depot and found them to be good? In advance, thanks for the posts everyone. And from a few replies I was told to start with two pods at first, since it's my first time, and my tolerance (to feel good) is about 15-20mg of hydrocodone, or 15mg of oxycodone.

Step:
1. Grind up two pods to a fine powder

2. Pour grindings into hot water and let simmer for 20 minutes. Here do I maintain the temperature, or do I just let it cool to room temperature after pouring the grindings?

3. Filter out the pod grounds. And what color should a 'good tea' come out to be when all the grounds are filtered out?

4. Consume. And this onset should kick in about how long?

* Any potentiators please feel free to lmk. I know of grapefruit juice which provides that inhibitor, I forget the name. And there was another, tagamet, which I am not aware of (details?). Thanks for the help again all.

***Edit: Don't name sources. - Mr Blonde***

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried pot tea once, and to be honest it was rotten, i put a teaspoon of honey in it to sweeten, and to be honest, i did not get much of a high, waste of time if you ask me. But what your doing sounds right, let me know how you get on.. my mate made it.

I tried pot tea once, and to be honest it was rotten, i put a teaspoon of honey in it to sweeten, and to be honest, i did not get much of a high, waste of time if you ask me. But what your doing sounds right, let me know how you get on.. my mate made it.

When I make pod tea I heat up the water to a boil, or just below a boil and pour the water onto the grounds in a nalgene bottle and then let it sit for ~15 minutes shaking regularly. I never cooked it on the stove or let it simmer. I get good results from my method but I couldn't tell you if its the most efficient.

I don't know if we can talk about where we got the pods from, so mods feel free to delete this if need be- if by 'the poppy pod depot' you mean the ebay store by that name, then yes I regularly get pods from there and they are good quality and from what I've seen, the prices are pretty good as well.

There is a poppy-pod mega-thread that you should check it. It has answers to all of your questions and probably any more you may have.

UTSE

http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthread.php?t=385499&highlight=mega+poppy

and don't name sources. poppies are legal to buy for arts and crafts, they are very illegal if you intend on consuming them. The above thread had more information than you'll need. please don't implicate arts and crafts vendors in your illegal activities...all it's going to take is a couple idiots OD'ing on dried poppies before the DEA starts cracking down, don't ruin it for everyone

Merging question about first time with poppy pods into the pod mega thread.

Also, if you're after potentiators check out the ultimate opiate potentiation thread. Link is in the OD Mega threads sticky.

I can't really find any info on it, and i've searched a bunch:
Would an A/B extraction work on dried pods? Or even an DMT style freebase extraction work on dried pods?

anyone know? or at least have a link to send me in the right direction? With my limited knowledge of chemistry I'd assume a DMT freebase extraction should work on dried pods yielding a smokable morphine/codeine/etc base. Anybody?

Status
Not open for further replies.