• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^

The best method of ingesting grinds is mixing with yogurt. I mix it with lemon soy yogurt and chase with grapefruit juice. Be careful, I've choked on it before and almost puked. It will prob make you gag.

It would take a lot of gel caps. The time and energy it takes to make gel caps, you could have made tea, drank it and already copped a buzz.

dankstersauce said:
^^^^ewwww. The seeds have no alkaloid content, there is no point leaving them in there. Plus when you heat the seeds it's going to probably make your tea taste even nastier.

If they're golf ball sized I'd start with 3-5 pods for tea, 3 pods if eaten.
If the seeds have no alkaloid content, how in the hell are people overdosing on the damned things?

The seeds from whole poppy pods contain little to no drugs; it's all on the pod itself. Now, commercial poppy seeds are lanced out of the pod, so some opium is very likely to drip or contanimate them.

I don't know this for certain, it's just what I've gathered through internet research.

Pods are hard enough on your stomach. The seeds add fats and other nasties that will make you very naseaous. I don't think its worth the minute amount of opium that may be on them.

Ugh, I tried to eat grounds before by putting it in yogurt. I didn't realize how solid and nasty the grounds were until I tried that. I gave up after a while and didn't even get down as much as I wanted to.

Y'all should be careful when eating grounds. One time, I was eating grounds mixed with yogurt. I started choking really bad. I finally spit up what was stuck in my throat. It was that hard knob that connects the pod to the stem.

I gave up on grounds. Good ol' tea for me :)

Yikes i found the pod grounds+yogurt mix quite gag-worthy to no end, tea all the way baby.

And by god, I'm so happy my local 'Giganto-Mart' just started selling(potent) poppy seeds once again, albeit a double the price...still exponentially cheaper than shootin' dope!

Can someone help with an estimation on how many stems I should use?
I have been saving my stems from all my pods and intend to use them eventually. I do not have a scale unfortunately but here is some info:

The stems range in size from 3 to 5 inches.

I do intend on using a coffee grinder for prep.

My usual dose of pods is 5-7 golf ball size pods.

I really wanted to make another thread for this so i could get a lot of answers but I figured I'd put it here so nobody would remind me how many threads we already have about pods.

Thanks in advance.

I've saved 50 stems and made tea out of them when I was in need. The tea was weak, not even enough to feel 'normal.' I think there's very little, if any, active ingredients in the stems.

Hey Pod Eaters:

I used to eat ground poppy pods. I did this for about a week before I noticed I had begun shitting blood (like, it would be blood, bloody feces, then blood). The blood loss was much greater than what you get from the occasional tearing from having to pass a giant, sharp, opiate-constipated log.

I can't guarantee it was the pods, but it continued for 3 or 4 days after my last dose. Ironically, eating the grounds caused me less stomach pain and nauseau than the tea.

My advice: don't eat the grounds, or ensure they are *very* finely ground.

prob getting random bits of plant material that cant be digested cutting your colon.

lazydullard said:
Hey Pod Eaters:

I used to eat ground poppy pods. I did this for about a week before I noticed I had begun shitting blood (like, it would be blood, bloody feces, then blood). The blood loss was much greater than what you get from the occasional tearing from having to pass a giant, sharp, opiate-constipated log.

I can't guarantee it was the pods, but it continued for 3 or 4 days after my last dose. Ironically, eating the grounds caused me less stomach pain and nauseau than the tea.

My advice: don't eat the grounds, or ensure they are *very* finely ground.

I've never had that happen, I use a electric coffee grinder and always make sure to grind long enough that its nothing but powder.

Now the constipation could sure make your asshole bleed though! :D

Hello All,

I've been lurking for a few days and reading all of the poppy pod threads I can. I apologize if I am mistaken, but has anyone given a solid answer on if it is possible to "cook down" poppy tea to some sort of concentrate or solid?

I know I read a post on how to cook it down for smoking but is that the only way anyone has any experience with? What about an alcohol extraction? I am somewhat new to the whole poppy tea experience so any info will be very appreciated.

Thanks

X

the ugly podling

Ok so,
Earlier this evening I was preparing my tea and I found a "unique" pod. I squeezed to crack it open but it wouldn't break. It was very dense. I tried again but to no avail. The I put it on my floor and beat on it and it finally cracked. On the inside of the pod was this dried dark brown crap about 1/4-1/2 inch thick in a layer surrounding the inside of the pod. There was also no seeds or maybe a few. It was hard to tell. This is the only pod like it in the whole batch of 100. So anyway... have you guys ever seen something like this before? Was it not dried correctly and became rotten? Is it safe to use?

^

I've found these pods many times. The inside looks burnt almost, right? I usually get a couple in a batch of 75. I've used them before and was fine. But, if you want to be on the safe side, you could toss it.

Don't know the cause.

This subject might be covered somewhere in the 20x pages, frankly, I haven't been through all that.

I've never had a great experience with the tea so I'm wondering about an extraction. I will probably try it with methanol one of these days. Just wondering if some of you guys tried it.

ArtVandalay said:
^

The inside looks burnt almost, right?

Yeh thats a good description. My only concern was if it was somehow damaged and all that stuff was just like a ton of opium that sapped out and caked around. I doubt thats the case, but yeh I didn't wanna use it with like 8 pods and then that one end up being super strong and get sick or something. I doubt that this logic is really fathomable. It's probably just a little rotten. I'll probably use it but not in a very strong cup.

if you eat the ground up pods (i grind them pour some juice on them) let them sit for 10 minutes or so - and chug it - you definitely feel it more than if you strain the tea out and just drink it.
i find this good for tapering. i will measure my dosage by teaspoon and then go down a teaspoon at a time til i am down to 1 teaspoon a day and then go to 1 tsp every other day and then every 2 days and then 1/2 a teaspoon and so on - til none!
djh

Status
Not open for further replies.