• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
poppy pod tea question

going to purchase some, but I'm not sure how much to buy? How many pods do you guys use? They list them at 500g for £xx which looks like about 40 odd golf ball sized pods, how many hits would that be?

thanks for info

Last edited by a moderator:
Pods have highly variable alkaloidal content, as well as each person having highly variable physiology, so noone is ever going to be able to tell you how much a "hit" is.

The guideline I always throw out for normal sized pods, which would be the ones you are talking about, is 5 pods for 2 cups, both drinken (not sure on the English for the previous word) in one sitting so that would be an equivalent answer. IF you find it does not suffice, build up very slowly in increments, with 6 hours between dosing.

Is this a certain british website you ordered from. btw don't mention the name. if it is they are good to go and as above start with around 5.

i always start new folks to pods off with 4-5... 5 if they're really only golf ball sized..

Personally I take like 8-10 good sized ones, sometimes 12-14 golf ball sized even..... it really is just a matter of your personal tolerance to opiates.

When I did pods a lot, if I was running low, I would just grind them up and eat the powder raw (chasing with soda). I found that I could get just as high on less pods that way as the tea often won't extract all the alkaloids at 100%, but it does make you want to gag.

I just received an order for some large heads. I am pretty inexperienced with them. I have made tea 2-3 times and it was about 4 years ago. I have been reading a lot about them lately and everyone describes how nasty and bitter the taste is. Mine wasn't that bitter to me compared to Kratom (which I have been doing A LOT of lately)

So.... My question is this.
How does the taste compare to Kratom if the pods are prepared correctly?

I'm just curious as to whether I didn't make the tea right or If I am so used to the nasty taste of Kratom that it made the pod tea not taste so bad.

Last edited:
^

You might have a weak batch. I've found that the more bitter the tea is, the stronger the pods are. The best tea IMO is dark brown and bitter as hell. I actually have grown to like the taste- don't know if it's because I anticipate the effects or I just like it.

^^^^ewwww. The seeds have no alkaloid content, there is no point leaving them in there. Plus when you heat the seeds it's going to probably make your tea taste even nastier.

If they're golf ball sized I'd start with 3-5 pods for tea, 3 pods if eaten.

I guess I'm just lazy.

But I've had tea with and without seeds and haven't noticed a difference in taste.

1) No prices please.

2) There is a poppy pod tea mega thread, which is where I'll send this question.

Rachamim is right, there is variation in the alkaloid content so it's hard to give an accurate answer. If they are large pods I'd suggest starting with one or two and then seeing how that works so you can gage a dose.

Yah man, seeds are narsty. Pod tea is bad, but seed tea is dog shit as far as taste goes. I dip some yummy Chai, Darjeeling or Goji berry teabags in with mine and add some powdered ginger to help with nausea. It's bitter, but that "sweaty balls" taste is greatly decreased.

Someone Who Isn't Me. It's retarted, everyone knows they're talking about themselves. Anyone who uses SWIM, I take it to mean Someone Who Is Me.

^ Someone Who Isn't Me.

Though it should always be read as Someone Who Is Me.

ETA: Ha, Art beat me to it.

ok SMFG sheer morbid curiosity creepin in here, pls forgive if this one already been covered... but if one happened to have a couple of quite small pods (pea sized) would one have any luck grindin them an then jus smokin them? eating ground in yougert and tea is all good, jus wonderin if anyone had tryed smoke podz and to what effect?
im not gonna even think of it till i hear some feedbak:|

^^^
I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure you would need to smoke a shitload to get effect. It would be about as useless as smoking kratom, it might work but it just wouldn't be the slightest bit practical.

You would likely to have to smoke about as much as material as it takes to make a potent tea. I dunno about you but I'd rather not smoke all those grounds, heh.

You have pea sized pods?? I've never seen them so small.

It seems like this will work, but I haven't heard of anyone doing it yet, which is a little surprising- could I theoretically grind up some pods and put them in gelcaps?

I've never bought the pods before, and would rather just wait for pills if I have to gag down some foul tea (I've had my fair share of PST and kratom lately...).

Edit: or maybe I could blend it in a smoothie?

Status
Not open for further replies.