Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your most HATED (Worthless/Waste of time) Movies (merged)

Wanderlust, is it just me or is that "other movie thread" closed?
Movies ... hmmm
Kevin Costner movies. I love them and hate them at the same time. The stories are good, but why does "Dances With Wheetabix" and all the others have to be 3 hours or longer?
Worst movie ever: Dirty Dancing

yup, it is closed....
it was closed because of *this* thread.... but it still has a few good posts in it that can contribute to here, so i linked it.

Independance Day would be my all time favourite crap movie (even though I loved the scene when White House gets whiped out)...

Ben Affleck was good till he made that gawd awful armegeddon crap after that he just sunk into the bowels of suckdum

Originally posted by randycaver:
i think that all movies by Kevin Smith are full of contrived acting, shitty dialogue, and horrible directing. i'm probably the only one but whatever. I HATE those movies. the only one I could watch again is Dogma.
nope. i hate kevin smith movies.

I would have to say my pick would be
the beethoven films
Ghost
Kate and leapold

dude, where's my car: well...i think it was obvious. badly timed jokes, crap story, actors who can't act...
the others: i know everyone else loved this, but it was a) the *most predictable* 'horror' movie i'd ever seen, and the dialogue was just terrible! every line that came out of nicole kidman's mouth was cliched. sadly, i don't think nk herself did a bad job, it was just such a crappy script!
santa with muscles: hulk hogan, 'nuff said.
so fucking what: just horrible. terribly cheesy and over the top...shit dialogue, shit acting. just bad in every way :/
freddy got fingered: if i wanted to watch a sketch show, i would. this is a disgrace to its medium. there were some occasionally funny sections sure, but i rate this as a worthless movie purely because of the fact that it really *wasn't* a movie as such. just a bunch of sketches thrown together with a shoddy beginning and end.
coyote ugly: i'm not really sure, but no one really seemed to be able to act...it was boring and predictable. i think i dislike it a lot 'cos of the horrendous music too :)
baise-moi: well, it's not like it didn't have potential. it just didn't go anywhere, and it had no *point*. it really could have said something about the exploitation of women, and how they're treated, but instead it just went on this bullshit sort of rampage against *everything*. the women in the film had no *target* as such, so how is the audience expected to feel sorry for them?

A DEFINITE DO NOT RENT movie!!

Oh god, did I see a doozey last night: National Security

What in gods name was I thinking? Oh yeah, that's right, I wasn't...
This may be the #1 worst movie in my book, over Dogma AND The Blair Witch Project II. I just kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting for something funny to happen and it never did.

Also, there isnt a scene that goes by where Martin Lawrence doesnt make some sort of a racist joke. Seriously, it got old after the first 15 minutes. I'd have to say, that there were at least no less than 30 race jokes in this movie. Absolutely pathetic.

wall.gif

The Postman....The Postman...The Postman!

For christ sakes it has a character named Ford lincoln Mercury .

I'm chuckling at "Ford Lincoln Mercury." My kind of name.

WORST MOVIE EVER: THE SCARLET LETTER.

You just can't get any worse than this movie. Not even on Mystery Science Theater 3000.

as those movie quote trivia chats in AOL go...wtg!

Big boy said:
The Postman....The Postman...The Postman!

For christ sakes it has a character named Ford lincoln Mercury .

funny. I mentioned the same thing on the first page.

since I just saw it last night...Joy Ride. It's hard to me to fathom what the idiots who made that film were even thinking...

Of course, Leelee Sobieski made it bearable for about 2 minutes. Yum.

[edited because Joy Ride and Joyride are two completely different flicks]

Last edited:
Re: as those movie quote trivia chats in AOL go...wtg!

LapDawg said:
...Joyride. It's hard to me to fathom what the idiots who made that film were even thinking...

isn't art great. i loved this movie. from a 100-word review i wrote:

"The tension is the superstar here - kicking in over the opening titles and building like it’s never stopping. A taught but playful script and some noir camera work of which Hitchcock would be proud all combine to deliver one of this year’s most surprising rides."

my $0.02

alasdair

Usually I can appreciate artistic flow in a flim, but how can I appreciate it when the story is so retarded and ridiculous? Oh...the color was good I suppose.

Thought bubble from the film: "Hey...let's just chill out in the corn field until he goes away! Oh my girlfriend can hide and handle it all by herself...definitely!"

When you got a big rig chasing you in a corn field, it isn't THAT hard to avoid and counter-attack. =D

Or yeah...let's just sit in the car while a big rig is trying to CRUSH YOU!

but hey...good color scheme.

[edit #2] I was incorrect.

Last edited:
austin powers 3
scary movie 2
ghost world
eyes wide shut
fraility
pearl harbor
runaway bride
gosford park

btw, that list isnt in any real order...

Last edited:
LapDawg said:
[edit] ok....we might not have been talking about the same film heh. I am talking about the 2001 Joy Ride, while I believe you are talking about the 1996 Joyride featuring Tobey Maguire, etc. If that's the case, I haven't seen the latter, though it seems the reviews on IMDB are good...

nope - i'm talking about the one with steve zahn.

LapDawg said:
but to show the stupidity of many on that website, Joy Ride carries a 6.8 rating while Joyride has a 5.5 rating...how the hell does the former have such a high rating? terrible.

maybe they're all clever and you are the stupid one? :)

seriously, it's a piece of art. it's pretty low-brow, entertaining art but it's art nonetheless. there's no right or wrong, stupid or smart here.

is it that hard to imagine that a whole bunch of other people saw it differently than you did?

look on any list of the '5 worst movies ever' and the '5 best movies ever' and you can be sure about 3 or 4 of the movies will be the same on both lists. pretty much says it all for me...

alasdair

Last edited:
The fact that you mentioned Hitchcock and that film in the same breath would've made the big man turn in his own grave.

Oh...and you mention the film having tension...did I miss something? I'm sorry...I guess I was watching the film from a completely different perspective. I found it about as tense as a Zucker Bros. comedy.

Having main characters as idiot savants, while common in U.S. narrative filmmaking, shouldn't be beaten into your head with a mallet 1200 times. They might as well have put wigs on the two brothers and called them sisters...hey it would've made a LOT more sense then.

But hey...whatever floats your boat brother.

Last edited:
a walk to remember
coyote ugly
showtime
chain reaction
rambo III
mighty morphin power rangers: the movie
mary kate & ashley olsen: "how the west was fun"

i would say too wong foo and thanks for everything
that movie was so horrible i wanted to die