Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Your most HATED (Worthless/Waste of time) Movies (merged)

Dan1584 said:
grrr....oh and the worst movie ever was that one movie with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller and they were both super model, super heroes...holy fuck that movie fucking sucks!!!!!!!!! I can't remember the name of it tho. [/B]

Zoolander.

And I kinda liked it :\

Dan1584 said:
Alien Resurrection (omg what where they thinking!!!

^^^^
Are you even a fan of the Alien movies???

Anyhow, if you think that's bad wait until you see the "Remake" that they are doing of the original Alien.

It's supposed to reach theaters by January 2004!

BOUNCE
THE THIN RED LINE
PITCH BLACK
AUTUMN IN NEW YORK
*vomits* kill me if i ever watch any of those again.
[btw, i loved Dogma too!!!!!!! its one of my fave!!!]

i know it's not a case of right and wrong. but you're so wrong about crossroads :)

alasdair

randycaver you aviator is so fucking cool...I loved that flick

As far as worthless movies go, there are way to many to name, but here's a few:

Drumline
XXX
Fast and the furious 1 and 2
Charlies Angles 1 and 2
Armageddon
8 Mile
any of that overblown Hollywood shite

I've only seen one or two of the above movies, but nowadays there's only about 1 in 20 movies worth two hours of my life.

Adaptation, Secretary, The Good Girl, or Auto Focus are the only recent movies that I found worthwhile.

^^^^
I see a pattern here.....

My advice to you is to stay away from Action movies!!!!
Especially if they have.......And I'm going to quote this in bold.....
"Rising to Fame, Young Actors" in them.

^ out of interest, have you seen them all or do you assume that any movie with adam sandler will be garbage?

alasdair

"Fast and the furious 1 and 2
Charlies Angles 1 and 2"

It's a good thing you made sure to see both sequels, because usually, if the original is "Worthless," the sequel is "Oscar-worthy."

alasdairm said:
^ out of interest, have you seen them all or do you assume that any movie with adam sandler will be garbage?
alasdair

I for one have seen enough films with Sandler (WATERBOY, MR DEEDS, HAPPY GILMORE), have seen his act on SNL & have caught enough bits & pieces of his films as they seem to run 24/7 on cable to know that if Adam Sandler is in a film is is worth avoiding at any cost. Even if Orson Welles & Stanley Kubrick rose from their graves to direct a movie I still wouldn't see it if Adam Sandler's ugly mug & annoying little boy voice were a part of it.

Then again prehaps its a generational thing (I'm 39). Mabey I've finally become an old fart. I still find Woody Allen's films & "Doonesbury"strips to be amusing so perhaps my intense loathing for Sandler has more to do with me than him (he's very popular so I guess its the former).

hi

it's not a generational thing :)

you're only a few years older than me and i, generally like his movies. i find, if you get over the fact that they're basically stupid, there's a lot of enjoyment to be had. but, they're not for everybody obviously.

you may be surprised by Punch Drunk Love. in terms of his performance, some see it as a major acting turnaround by Sandler. others see it as a watered-down version of every other character he's ever done.

i enjoyed it. i wrote a review here.

thanks for your comments

alasdair

Mmm nothing like a good hate vent late on a Sunday night ;)

Leaving Las Vegas
Alien 3 - argh how could they! poor Newt :(
Human Traffic - Booooo!
Groove - Double Booooo!
Ghost Ship
Chicken Park - argh I was forced to watch it :(!
Mission Impossible 2
Cool World
Mission To Mars
They
Relic
Rumble in the Bronx - poor Jet Li... Fell victim to Americanization.
Kiss of the Dragon
Batman and Robin
Star Wars Episode III - Attack of the Clones - Okay the movie had some good bits, the special effects and those awesome neon signs in Coruscant were coooool too. C3PO and his one liners however were extremely annoying and vomit enducing.

:D

Jet Li in Rumble in the Bronx? uhhh....

I'm not really sure why you'd dislike Leaving Las Vegas so much, unless you were hoping for some kind of happy ending.

Aww whoopsies - That was intended for Kiss of the Dragon. I guess I feel the same goes for Jackie Chan anyways.

Oh and no I wasn't hoping for a happy ending in Leaving Las Vegas. I'm not all bunnies and flowers. I like when things don't end up all peachy keen like they do in alot of movies. I just didn't enjoy the movie and can't find anything nice to say about it. Just an opinion.

;)

There have been plenty of movies that were not for me, but they don't deserve hating. How can I hate movies that are obviously targetted for a different age group, culture or genre?

The dumbest, most ridiculously bad movies usually have some comedy value for me.

The Attic Expeditions <---- WTF???? Fucking awful, thats what!

Battlefield Earth, I don't think I need to say anything about this movie.

Caddyshack 2, what were they thinking?!

And the worst of all movies:

Coupon: The Movie

Who would make this kind of movie? They should be cast into the burning fires of hell.