• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Favorite Drug Movie!

There's a lot of good ones, like: Christiane F, Sid & Nancy, Drugstore Cowboy, Trainspotting, Permanent Midnight, Candy, and any documentary about Kurt Cobain. I’ve heard American Cowslip is good but I haven't seen it yet.

I loved Sid and Nancy and Drugstore Cowboy,

I’ve been meaning to watch Trainspotting. I didn’t know Christiane F. had been made into a movie. I read the book and I long thought I would name any daughter I had Christiane but I met a really rude and repressed girl at work some time after reading the book and it ruined the name for me.

I’ve seen a few Kurt C docs and I get sad about the whole thing. I remember where I was and what I was doing when I heard the news of his passing. I see the vibrant purple bloom of the jacaranda trees I saw out of my 3rd story window on that day in 1994, and the pidgeons and starlings that were forever camped out on the sidewalk across my street and in front of the small chicken restaurant, housed under the curving staircase of the Spanish-style apartments, that had awesome fries and was closed several months later as it was a front for drug selling, and at the time I was not saddened by the Chicken-a-go’s closing as I had yet to realize the advantages of such a dual purpose establishment.

American gangster. True story. They would smuggle dope back from dead bodies coming back from vietnam.

Requiem for a Dream is good.

Have to watch trainspotting again. For some reason watched it many times but never really understood it.

American gangster. True story. They would smuggle dope back from dead bodies coming back from vietnam.

Have to watch trainspotting again. For some reason watched it many times but never really understood it.
Vizzie!
How’re you?
Is Requiem for a Dream a drug movie? I’ve heard of it...
I’m definitely going to watch Trainspotting

There is another good movie. Forget what it was called, like blue butterfly or pink angel lol. Can't find it. About a girl that moves away and gets with a junkie and he is trying to get his shit straight, goes on methadone gets a job, but hurts his back cannot work and they are scoring dope and begging. Crazy movie.

And if you haven't seen methadonia its a must. Follows a bunch of junkies when the benzo crisis was starting. On huge doses of methadone and benzos. A documentary. Goes deep into maintenance dependence.

Last edited:

Requiem For A Dream is a good movie, but a bit hard to watch because is shows the very worst aspects of drug addiction. American Gangster is a great movie too. I forgot to mention that one.

There is another good movie. Forget what it was called, like blue butterfly or pink angel lol. Can't find it. About a girl that moves away and gets with a junkie and he is trying to get his shit straight, goes on methadone gets a job, but hurts his back cannot work and they are scoring dope and begging. Crazy movie.

And if you haven't seen methadonia its a must. Follows a bunch of junkies when the benzo crisis was starting. On huge doses of methadone and benzos. A documentary. Goes deep into maintenance dependence.

I've never heard of any of those movies. I gotta check them out.

I remember i once saw a low-budget movie about a heroin addict who wanted to quit, but the addiction wouldn't let him quit (the addiction itself was portrayed as a person, a fake friend who who's sole purpose was to keep people hooked or initiate them into becoming addicts). The girlfriend in the movie was at wits end with the protagonist's addiction but (spoiler alert) at the end the addiction character confronts her and it is implied that she becomes an alcoholic. I think the movie was called Junky or Junkie. It didn't have any well-known actors in it, but the plot was spot-on.

Last edited:
look up 6 balloons, it has dave Franco as a fiend tryna score n get well while taking care of his infant daughter, while also being dragged to rehab/detox by his sister lol
I think I've seen the trailer to that movie. I'll have to watch that one too. Its basically told from the perspective of the sister, right? Kinda shows what its like being the relative of an addict. I can only imagine how my fiance, my family, and what friends I have left must feel, knowing they want me to quit but at the same time they can't help me unless I'm ready to help myself.

Definitely Requiem for a Dream or Trainspotting. Overall I think Requiem was a better made movie as it's a classic, but Trainspotting had a really great portrayal of the juggle addicts must perform, complete with pitfalls and betrayals.

I recently watched "Spun" again which is a great druggie movie. From 2003, got a great cast, even Brittany Murphy God rest her soul. Check it out if you haven't.

Last edited:
I think I've seen the trailer to that movie. I'll have to watch that one too. Its basically told from the perspective of the sister, right? Kinda shows what its like being the relative of an addict. I can only imagine how my fiance, my family, and what friends I have left must feel, knowing they want me to quit but at the same time they can't help me unless I'm ready to help myself.

yeah kinda, like its from the sisters point of view and shows everything that she has to do / deal w with having a brother whos an addict.. really slaps you in the face w some hard truths about like all the stress and shit your family has to put up with and do just to handle having a loved one who's in active addiction. shits actually really good tho its pretty real like aboit dealing w pickin up/the rehab n detox bs and everything. its on netflix last i checked, def worth checkin out

spun is a helllaa good movie too! lol never was one for them uppers but ive lived w tweakers and shit it is 100% on point w like the way they shot it, giving it that sense of paranoia and anxiety n sketchness lol... n yeah RIP Brittany Murphy she was a good one, gone wayyy too soon.. lol i always wondered what exactly it was she died from... like i heard she was on a mix of benzos n pain pills, but they say that wasn't the cause...

Requiem for a Dream, Trainspotting, Blow, Scarface and Spun were my favorite when I was younger.

American Gangster, Drugstore Cowboy and Traffic are all up there on my current favorite list.

Dope Sick Love on HBO may be my all time favorite (it’s a real life documentary).

Beautiful Boy was fantastic for a more recent movie.

And, the series The Wire wins hands down in my book, even though it’s a TV Series, followed closely by Nurse Jackie.

Blow, Scarface, Spun, and Traffic are all good movies. I haven't heard of Beautiful Boy. I love Brittany Murphy too. I love all her movies from Clueless and Uptown Girls to Spun and The Dead Girl. I also love that she voiced Luanne Platter on King Of The Hill. I don't know about y'all, but there was something sketchy about her husband, if you ask me.