• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Your Favorite Drug Movie!

That movie is fucking weird, I watched it 2 times. The first time I remember being pretty fucked up on a few different drugs (can't remember which ones exactly) and I couldn't finish it. It made me way too uncomfortable, this was during the period of my life where I was smoking quite a bit of DMT and that movie gave me very dark vibes (weird because I never felt anything like that on DMT).

I decided to give it a second chance and watch it again on a long haul flight, I was able to enjoy it a bit more that time.

I may have to give it a third chance.

I think my favorite drug movie is fear and loathing in las vegas, it's the one I've watched the most at least.
Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas was a great movie and book. I never heard of Enter The Void though.

Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas was a great movie and book. I never heard of Enter The Void though.
It's not very well known but it's an interesting film. Takes place in Tokyo and involves "gangs" and people smoking DMT, I recall the whole movie feeling like a weird trip.

You should watch it and post back on this thread! (Not recommended for epileptics though, seriously haha).

Fear and Loathing, the Friday films, Pineapple Express, A Scanner Darkly to name a few. Forgot about The Business as well.

Oh and Spun was class too!

Last edited:
It's not very well known but it's an interesting film. Takes place in Tokyo and involves "gangs" and people smoking DMT, I recall the whole movie feeling like a weird trip.

You should watch it and post back on this thread! (Not recommended for epileptics though, seriously haha).
Of i can find it online for free, I'll definitely check it out.

I think the last drug movie I watched was Beautiful Boy. It wasn’t as good as the book, but it was alright.

I highly recommend the books Tweak by Nic Sheff and Beautiful Boy by David Sheff, his father. Side by side it’s a really good look into addictions, meth in particular, from both the users and the families side.

I think the last drug movie I watched was Beautiful Boy. It wasn’t as good as the book, but it was alright.

I highly recommend the books Tweak by Nic Sheff and Beautiful Boy by David Sheff, his father. Side by side it’s a really good look into addictions, meth in particular, from both the users and the families side.
Someone else recommended Beautiful Boy. I haven't heard of Tweak either. I think i recall reading Glass or Crank by Ellen Hopkins. Go Ask Alice was a pretty good read and the author is anonymous. It is "allegedly" a true story told from the perspective of an unnamed teenage girl. The one thing bad I can say about the book is it almost seems like a corny anti-drug PSA in written form. It was published in the early 1970's ; a time when anti-drug propaganda was becoming popular and sensationalized. It was made into a movie too. You can watch it on YouTube if its still there.

Last edited:
Yesterday I tried to watch enter the void and couldn't finish it again lol, way too much flickering for me. That movie is the perfect weapon against epileptics.

So I watched drugstore cowboy instead, I really liked that one.

Requiem for a Dream.

Drama/Realistic - Requiem for a Dream, The Basketball Diaries, Trainspotting
Comedy/Fun - Smiley Face, Spun
Other: Fear and Loathing in La Vegas

Not a movie but I fucking love A&E's Intervention. Especially when I'm using I'll watch the episodes where the addict is addicted to the same thing I am at the time.