• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Why Mescaline Is Not Found On the Black Market

What i am saying is that the hydrochloride is more potent than the sulphate. 300 miligrams opposed to 500mg. The hydrochloride will cause less nausea and the user will have to consume less of it to trip. Also if you already have pure mescaline sulphate why freebase it which leaves a very caustic form of mescaline just so that you can convert it into a hydrochloride, when you could just add the sulphate to HCL/H2O solution then add and then extract a polar solvent
and then let the solvent evaporate for your hydrochloride.

the hydrochloride is only more potent by _weight_ this is because the mass of sulfate is 96.0576 G/Mol and the mass of hydrochloride is 36.4609 G/mol, so 307 mg mescaline sulfate or 247 mg mescaline hcl contain both 211 mg mescaline freebase.
Converting mescaline the sulfate to the hcl salt would only result in potency increase by _weight_.
[ 15 November 2002: Message edited by: Vaque ]

I happen to know of a Company in Holland that sends 15 year old buttons to me in the US.
I can obtain them with GREAT EASE.
And the extract is quite easy, though not worth it... I am into the trip with a shaman skewl fo thought.
Only ritual use for me :D
They also have them from 2 years old up to 20, But I happen to want to grow mine.

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:
There is a common myth going around that mescaline is easily obtainable on the street, usually found as an adulterant in ecstasy pills. This is one of several popular and completely false myths about drugs that are commonly heard. Mescaline is not even active in doses below 150 to 200 milligrams, with 500 milligrams of the sulfate salt being a full dose. That quantity of powder is too large to fit in the pills commonly found today (with the addition of MDA/MDMA/MDE of course). In fact, mescaline is the weakest major psychedelic there is, except ibogaine (or the harmala alkaloids if you want to count them.) That right there rules out mescaline being used in pills.
Because mescaline is so weak, it is way too expensive for underground cooks to make. In other words, no one is synthesizing it for the drug market. Think about it...you can make one gram of MDMA or MDA and get 7 good doses, or make one gram of mescaline and get 2 to 3 doses. That sure doesn't sound very practical, not to mention the fact that it is not easy to make. That means that if there were really mescaline in pills it could only come from two places...Nature or a chemical supplies company. These however would not be practical sources of mescaline either.
Mescaline is found in the peyote cactus, but it is not a good source anymore for mescaline. The peyote cactus is nearly extinct and now only found in Mexico and a small part of western Texas (You friend is bullshitting you if he/she says you can find them everywhere in Arizona or New Mexico). Even the Indians who used to use it are now switching to the San Pedro and Peruvian Torch Cacti. In addition, a peyote cactus takes 10 or more years to mature and you need at least 6 for a trip, so there is no big underground peyote growing operation going on. Safe to say, peyote would not be the source of this "mescaline" people believe are in the more trippy pills.
As for the San Pedro and Peruvian Torch cacti being a source for this "mescaline" in the pills...You need a whole lot of cacti for a dose (a pound or more fresh), as there is not a lot of mescaline present. That would be very expensive, both in the cost of raising or buying the cacti, and the manual labor spent extracting the mescaline and purifying it. All so they can lace some pills? I don't think so. That just doesn't happen. Besides, mescaline is like GOLD to people who really know their psychedelics. Why would somebody sell it in a pill as MDMA when there would be a huge market for it as it were? Presently, I am stuck drinking a cup of cactus slime if I want to trip on mescaline, unless I perform a chemical extraction and purification.
It can't be pharmaceutical mescaline sulfate, because the market price is around $150 per gram (2 to 3 doses) from a chemical supply house like Sigma-Aldrich. In addition, you must have authorization from the DEA to buy it, because it is a schedule 1 drug. Not likely pill dealers would get their hands on any. Obviously that rules out that final possible source. Bottom line is mescaline is not found in pills. I truly wish it was, but it isn't.
[ 14 November 2002: Message edited by: morninggloryseed ]

from what ive heard mescaline is relatively simple to make with san pedro cacti while ecstasy from what ive heard on bluelight is a little short of impossible to make?

^ ok buddy, whatever you mean by "make" ...
why dont you get some cacti, extract it yourself, and look at the quantity of material you have. Then decide if you want to waste it by putting it in some random pill and selling it as mdma. I doubt it. If people did that, then drug dealers would have to be nice, gentelmen, christlike people. And that ruins their image.

Originally posted by buckwyld:
Jesus christ WELL ARENT YOU JUST A SMART LITTLE peice of shit
it was mesculine.....get over it..ive been around for a hell of a lot longer then your ass garunteedand i know what i did so stop acting like you know evey god damned thing and shut the hell up

Wow, your fervent belief that you really did get mescaline in pills has driven out the twin forces of LOGIC and REASON. You've totally convinced me. Do you realize how dumb you look insisting against FACTS?

Hey Morninggloryseed - how about posting this over on the lyceaum too - a lot of people don't seem to do research so it might reach a few more that way although somehow I still think were gonna be hearing loads more about Mescaline microdots & the like despite it all. It's not like this is new or even hasn't been gone over one billion times.

I have definitely experienced the micro dot myth craze - as a friend of mine sold them to this other guy. He tried a couple called up and actually complained saying they were mescaline and people didnt like them - he had to be assured that yes they were LSD, and all the chemistry basics.
I would like to point out that while mescaline is extremely rare, that does not mean it doesnt exist. However I will say that it does not exist in any sort of street market. The people that have come accross mescaline are in very tight night circles of psychedelics - these are the same people that are getting dom and dob. The "families" that used to make acid were/are very capable of making mescaline - and probably did it a number of times. I guess what I am saying is please dont immediately thrash out against someone that says they have tried mescaline - because some of them very well may have.
A very good thread though, im glad people are finally paying attention the microdot myth.

BUMP

while back a guy I no said he was getting mesc - he got a 2 dose chocolate bar for $35 - it was shrooms !! haha he still thinks he got mesc - u just cant tell people

In the psychedelic encyclopedia it says edible shrroms had lsd or pcp in & sold as shrooms (old days b4 u got lots of shrooms) - I hear people say I tripped of 1 button (25mg mesc) --- Im wonderin if these button r just dried cactus wif acid or pcp in????

real mesc makes u ill & throw up ur guts from trips I hav read

buckwyld ur ass has been around a long time eh? a long around ass doesnt mean u got mesc ---- u prob got conned a long time ago instead. U didnt do a chemical test so u dont no what u got same as others but u the man yeah? lik veg said believing isnt the same as truth unless u r a christian

I bought 2 synthetic mescaline pills for $20 at NW Reggae fest and tripped for 2 days. I still occasionally hear the music lol.

Haha, man first off this thread is 8 years old. Second, did you read the original post? It is very very very unlikely that it was mescaline. I would personally bet a grand on it. It was probably a DOx. Almost definitely at that duration. People sell them as "synthetic mescaline" all the time because barely anyone wants DOI, but people want synthetic mesacline :p.

Welcome to bluelight though!

I once purchased some mescaline. for this guy who, actually was 100% sure, that what he had was mescaline, but instead it ended up being 2c-e.

I was highly disappointed.

actually almost everyone i know who says they have "done mescaline"
has pretty much done 2c-e...

There were mescaline capsules going around my city.
They were in miniscule capsules not less than 00 size. ridiculously small
like, pinky finger nail small.

and once we popped open... 3 -4 of these susposive Mescaline pills

we realized it was just fucking 2c-e everything about it.

The look, the taste, even the trip was reminscient of 2c-e.

I wouldn't call 2c-e a "bad" fake mescaline.

but i will most still certainly call it FAKE fucking mescaline.

I would love to get some pharmaceutical GRADE
Mescaline Shards, but i don't see that happening any time sooon.

Last edited:
If you want mescaline, get some cactus and do an A/B xtraxon.

herbin mike???? havent u ever heard the song "purple pills"..... nothing compares to mescaline

To clarify, D-12 raps about mescaline AND heroin in that song. However, the entire song is about ecstasy tablets.... which means they are mistaken. I absolutely love the tune, but it's likely that the group has eaten some real clean pills (heroin, lol)and had some trippy ones (Pipes, MDA, MDMA, Ketamine, DXM) and trusted their dealer on what made them feel so great.

I wouldn't doubt some of the members have tried heroin, but I don't think they had access to mescaline, especially not in their tabs.

Haven't you ever heard the phrase "better late than never," swilow? :p :D

hehe, also, not like I actually like rap, but that song was made back in the days of when E pills actually contained MDMA. They were likely actually getting good pills. :D

In quarter of a century of fiddling with psychedelics, I have only encountered synthetic mescaline once, which was a gift from a friend with a 'grown up's cemistry set' =D who sent me some mescaline hydrochloride. Then again, I've had a couple of encounters with synthetic DMT (£120/g like though!), so you never know

As for people claiming to get mescaline for a tenner or so, I somehow doubt it (although not totally as some people may get some given then decide to sell it, not realizing it's value); I wouldn't part with any of mine for something like filthy lucre!