• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Why Mescaline Is Not Found On the Black Market

Originally posted by morninggloryseed:
*Somebody* is getting it. There are a few fresh reports on Erowid about both substances. I know both went around the last burning man gathering. Hell, everything is around if you know the right people.

Burning Man is great like that. My brother picked up quite the amount and variety of drugs last time he went. It was quite impressive. Burning Man has everything, its just great like that.

"and you need at least 6 for a trip"
i'm not too sure about this.. i may not be that learned in this subject but i'm pretty sure it's no more than 3 for a decently stong trip.. my anthropology prof has tried peyote a couple different times with native americans.. like in ritual setting.. said he ate three..
i just consider him to be a decent source..

Peyote is said to only have on averge 25 mg of mescaline per 'button'. While 75 mg of mescaline is well below threshold, the combination of the other alkaloids in peyote and the ritualistic setting could make for a full trip. But for all pratical purposes, 3 buttons is not enough for most people.

cool.. yeah he said it was eye opening and whatnot.. how he would never take back that experience.. i didn't mean to discredit your sources, hope you didn't think that.. it's cool that you started this thread.. because i've heard, too many times, about "dude i got some mescaline."
It all goes back to what's COOL... fucking high school white trash p.o.s. they take anything to get "fucked up" weather it's acid at school or air dust cleaner.. it's all the same to them..
you could give them strychnine and call it "triple-dipped acid powder" and they'd be like "whooaaaaaaa man triple dipped trip maaaannn"
i hate how people just abuse this shit.. psychedelics.. they take it just like drinking a beer.. or popping a lortab 7.5.... when they don't know SHIT about what they're getting into.. they don't understand that they're taking into their own minds something that will put them through hell for their stupidity.. but if they had a little more respect.. i guess that's what i'm looking for RESPECT... all psychedelics deserve it.. they're shit that directly effects YOU.. they don't seem to give a shit enough about anything to even look anything up.. research..
anyways sorry about ranting.. i just get tired of the uneducated.. I'm not saying i'm as learned as some about this stuff.. but i have respect for psychedelics.. enough to learn at least the basics.. most of these shitheads don't even have enough sense to ask what it is they're taking..
ok enough.. good post btw morning glory.. i know it's all the way to 63 or so but oh well.. it's good someone takes this shit seriously.. people need to know.. and they need educators...
perhaps some of the learned people need to post informational things about many different drugs.. like from personal experiences.. like a compilation.. almost like a thikal or phikal.. like a qualitative assessment of effects and experience.. what different drugs look like.. feel like.. weigh.. i mean just as a reminder or something for those people who don't bother to research for theirselves..
maybe that way everybody who visits bluelight can really educate themselves...
just a thought... i might do something like this sometime..

20 yeras before they're good huh? Thats a shame, i have peyote seeds and we were contemplating doing something with them. I remember once seeing a high Times article that had instructions for growing peyote under lights, they claimed a seven year process could be squeezed into seven months. Does anyone know anything about this?

High Times also features ads where orchids are sold as "legal pot."
If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.

Originally posted by killarava2day:
they claimed a seven year process could be squeezed into seven months. Does anyone know anything about this?
The fastest I have ever heard of is 4-5 years, and that was by grafting Peyote buttons onto San Pedro (a much faster growing mescaline containing cacti). In general, quick growing solutions for cacti are crap. Cacti produce mescaline as part of their defense against insects and disease. So if the cactus is put into optimal growing conditions it does not need to produce as much mescaline.

Anyone hear of the "mescaline" for sale on the streets of Montreal, Canada?
Trying it on a few occasions and hearing accounts from friends with no prior knowledge of the substance led me to believe it was the real deal. Lucid, hallucinations seem more distortions of geometry, visions of god, insulfated or consumed. Every drug dealer in the city's cartel has it. The only thing is, it is alledgedly a gram for 10 canadian dollars. although the whole bag has been consumed on more than one occasion, this brings me to believe that if it is the real deal, it would have to be cut with something unfortunately.mindSpace.

^^
read the thread man, it's simply not synthed mescaline. You're buying a research chem.

i tried mescaline at boo7..nyc.. in a capsule it was so much fun i would do it again any day..but it's really never at any parties i go to round here..oh yea and never snort it...lol
so sayeth the greenlighter in the WHY MESCALINE CANT BE FOUND BY GREENLIGHTERS thread.

Well, i have considered that this could very well be a research chem. I have no problems accepting that at all. I realize and have realized that mescaline is extremely rare. The only thing that really made me ask is that I am from the United States, and am not completely familiar with Canadian law. I am aware that the chemical form of mescaline is illegal, but peyote and other cacti and other mesc cacti are not.
Is there anyone out there that has any first-hand accounts of this substance? Or anyone with any ideas on what it could be?
It is sold as "mescaline" or "mesc" and it is a bag of white powder. The dealers claim it is a gram, although I wouldn't guess it. One bag is enough for a full dose, or can produce several very mild doses. Can be eaten orally or sniffed. It produces a dreamy state with strong head and body highs and a narrowing of the vision, although no real hallucinations, at higher doses, things seem more out of perspective than anything. Soluble in water.
It is easily obtainable from many dealers in the Montreal area, so obviously someone knows what it is if people are getting arrested with it.
[ 09 November 2002: Message edited by: mindSpace ]

Originally posted by mindSpace:
Well, i have considered that this could very well be a research chem.
Mescaline? It is by no stretch of the imagine a research chem (at least in how that phrase is used on this board). Mescaline is one of the few psychedelics that has had serious scientific study done with it. It been used for millinea by various cultures. As far as psychedelics go it is one of the better understood drugs.
I am aware that the chemical form of mescaline is illegal, but peyote and other cacti and other mesc cacti are not.
Yes, Peyote is legal in Canada, but extracting significant quantities of Mescaline from it is difficult. Taking into account the growth cycle of peyote and considering that Canada isn't exactly a natural habitat for cacti, it would seem quite unlikely that anyone is producing large-scale amounts of Mescaline that way.
Is there anyone out there that has any first-hand accounts of this substance? Or anyone with any ideas on what it could be?
Here's erowid's collection of mescaline related trip reports. Unfortunatly, I've only had one experience with Mescaline, so I can't really tell you if what you have is the real deal.
[ 09 November 2002: Message edited by: vegtable ]

oh, i know mescaline isn't a research chem, but this "mescaline" i am talking about could very well be. If it wasn't for the price, i would be convinced it is the real deal. I have read up for the past year and it is the only thing that fits the description, but I still can't believe it.

Originally posted by mindSpace:
oh, i know mescaline isn't a research chem, but this "mescaline" i am talking about could very well be. If it wasn't for the price, i would be convinced it is the real deal. I have read up for the past year and it is the only thing that fits the description, but I still can't believe it.
/me read your post more carefully. Smacks head.
Sorry to go off there. Still, it would be extraordinary if you actually had mescaline. The details from reading your post make it seem unlikely as well. First, you say every dealer seems to have it. If someone was manufactoring in sufficent quantities for that to be true, it would be in many more places than Montreal. Also, as you point out, the price is wrong. Due to its relative impotency, it would simply be unfathomable for that much mescaline to be sold at that cheap a price.

I just recently sat down with my TA in my organic chem class and he assures me (much to the myth that synthetic mescaline is both extremely difficult and expensive to make)he has made it many times in a one step reaction involving a nucleophile that is a common flavoring extract...synthetic mescaline does exist, it's just not common because it does take extremely educated and well-resourced people to make it. However I've never met one person that's tried it in the midwest (unless they were chalk full of bullshit)...

u know, not every rhyme eminem writes is the truth... he probably thought it was kewl after he watched "fear n loathing".

Jesus christ WELL ARENT YOU JUST A SMART LITTLE peice of shit
it was mesculine.....get over it..ive been around for a hell of a lot longer then your ass garunteedand i know what i did so stop acting like you know evey god damned thing and shut the hell up

mecaline sulfate takes 500 miligrams for full trip but a little salt water and HCL acid distilled with Methanol or DCM and left to evaporate and you've got mescaline hydrochloride with an equivalent dose of 300miligrams. meaning instead of getting 3 trips out of a gram with sulphate, you get 5 trips out of a gram of hydrochloride. the Point is this could be around if the demand existed for it. It was in the 60's, lets face it todays drug users just want to forget their lives with chemicals. think about the slang it went from "turning on" and "far out" to getting trashed,wrecked,fucked up,messed up, destroyed, shit faced,ripped.

my math was fucked up in the above i was thinking about having a total of a gram and a half with the sulphate =3 trips
hydrochloride=5 trips
my point still remains, might as well convert it to get a 40% increase in the mescalines strength!

I don't believe the above is correct. The weight of the hcl is less than the sulfate, but if you have two dosages of mescaline sulfate and you freebase it, and then recrystalize it as a hcl, you still are only going to have 2 dosages. You can't magically recreate a new dosage. The only difference between hcl mescaline and sulfate mescaline is the added weight of the salt. New mescaline isn't going to be created in this process.