• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Why Mescaline Is Not Found On the Black Market

I actually find extracting mescaline to be a more enjoyable and easier process than DMT, horses for courses. I can say that, for me, in the UK, I wouldn't part with mescaline I'd extracted for anything less than about an order of magnitude more than other psychedelics cost, and that even full spectrum cactus alkaloid extract would be too pricey for most.

Comparing cooking mescaline illicitly in the '60s and today is an apples/oranges deal. I bet Nick Sand had no trouble acquiring 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzaldehyde and glassware, try your luck with that today. This was an age when psilocybin and LSD could be ordered from Sandoz, and MDA from your local chemical supply house. Things have changed somewhat since then.

Just checked some black market sites, mescaline is definitely there.
It sure is :) And why shouldn't it be? It's not overly difficult to synth, as far as I know. And there's clearly a market for it online, were you can easily reach the psychedelic conneseurs that would pay for it.

At the price it goes for per gram, you can surely make good money on it too.

Add to that, black market TOR-sites work like ebay. Rip your customers off and a swath of bad reviews are going to make sure you're out of business pretty quick.

Yes, synthetic mescaline used to be extremely rare, and it still is, but if you know were to look, everybody can find it. Times change.

Comparing cooking mescaline illicitly in the '60s and today is an apples/oranges deal. I bet Nick Sand had no trouble acquiring 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzaldehyde and glassware, try your luck with that today.
I know of both a canadian and a chinese RC vendor who sell 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzaldehyde (as well as vanillin ;)). The canadian one is as legit as they come, the chinese one a bit less so.

Okay, just checking, the chinese one only has 2,5-dimethoxybenzaldehyde at the moment, but they did stock it before, and the canadian one still has it.

I'm so sure that there is not a single gram of mescaline in Finland :D Finland might be the toughest country to live for a psychonaut - the customs are just so strict that almost anything illegal can't get through them.

Yeah, I know of vendors that sell 2,5-DMB and 3,4,5-TMB as well, but the point I was making was that in the '60s, you could just buy any chemical you wanted, effectively, as a private citizen, without anyone batting an eyelid. Not only is this not the case any longer, but most BLers don't live in Canada or China, and I think that significant quantities of ring-methoxylated benzaldehydes are the kind of things to arouse suspicion at customs.

I'm going to only say this once because i know alot of people will go up in arms about it.
But most native american communities that have sweat lodges will use a sacrament known as medicine.
In some cases it's just dried cactus skins, in other cases it is mescaline citrate. it is never referred to as mescaline because the community has managed to do what they are doing for generations without any harassment from government enforcement.
Let alone stupid ass white kids rolling up showing complete disrespect and asking for it outright. You gotta understand that there are communities or "families" of people who all share the same common ideals who synthesize things that are only given out amongst the community. Look at British Columbia and LSD. Nelson might as well be disney land for adults if you know who to ask and how.

those are my two cents.

Just checked some black market sites, mescaline is definitely there.

Well yeah, "mescaline" has been being sold for decades. Whether or not it is mescaline is another matter entirely. If you have a white powder and can either sell it for 10 bucks as 2c-c or 150 bucks as "mescaline" which one are you gonna pick?

Add to that, black market TOR-sites work like ebay. Rip your customers off and a swath of bad reviews are going to make sure you're out of business pretty quick.

That depends. My guess is the kind of person who is paying a fortune for mescaline on tor sites is likely to be a little inexperienced and very easy to fool.

it is never referred to as mescaline because the community has managed to do what they are doing for generations without any harassment from government enforcement.

They're getting hassled on a regular basis by law enforcement. There's a big article online of the police busting a native american church member and taking away hundreds of peyote plants.

In some cases it's just dried cactus skins, in other cases it is mescaline citrate

I've always heard that it's peyote - that's the whole point of the religion - the peyote itself. The idea of doing a citrate extraction on peyote wouldn't enter their heads. As far as I'm aware it's only the peyote itself that has some semi-legal basis. The minute they start doing extractions it would be a class 1 felony.

The prices being charged for mescaline on the darkweb are high in terms of cost/dose, obviously, but not a fortune. Less than I'd find it worthwhile to extract mescaline from cactus for, shall we say.

It'll be about 10-20 times the price of the 2c-x they actually send you.

The prices I've seen extracted mescaline advertised have always been absolutely skyhigh. And I mean REALLY fucking high - something like the cost of the cactus and materials and then throw in another hundred quid on top of that. The price was so fucking high you could literally buy plasma screen televisions for about the same price. I imagine the "synthetic mescaline" would cost even more than that.

Unless, of course, you're selling 2c-x and can make the price reasonable because it only cost you a tenth of what you're selling it for.

Last edited:
I've tasted a wide range of 2C-X and extracted mescaline, I'm pretty confident I could tell the difference, but I guess we'll not know unless someone has a sample analysed. Generally, though, in principle, it's cheaper to synthesise chemicals than it is to extract them from naturally occurring raw materials.

I could tell the difference too. But I'm not the kind of guy who pays hundreds of bucks for a drug on TOR. It's those guys who might not be able to tell the difference.

Not sure it's always cheaper to synthesise - I think it depends on the drug.

Yeah, sure, things like cocaine and morphine are cheaper to extract, but that's when it's relatively structurally complex molecules being extracted on a mass scale. In my opinion, given the nature of the materials and processes necessary to perform either an alkaloidal extraction of cactus, or a chemical synthesis of mescaline, the latter is likely to be the less expensive.

Don't think so - it's well known that peyote only began to cross into North America in the late 1800s. I can't see how it bypassed North America and went straight to Canada centuries before that.

I think you're talking about the spread of the Native American Church, which is certainly not the only context that peyote has been used ritually by first nations'.

Reading Humphry Osmond's Wikipedia page I found this:

Involvement with the Native American Church

Osmond participated in a Native American Church ceremony in which he ingested peyote. His hosts were Plains Indians, members of the Red Pheasant Band, and the all-night ceremony took place near North Battleford (in the region of the South Saskatchewan River). Osmond published his report on the experience in Tomorrow magazine, Spring 1961. He reported details of the ceremony, the environment in which it took place, the effects of the peyote, the courtesy of his hosts, and his conjectures concerning the meaning for them of the experience and of the Native American Church.

I can't say if the mescaline you can find online is actually mescaline, but lots of other things are what the vendors claim they are, so why would mescaline be an exception? Sure, there's a lot of shitty vendors that sell random stuff as something else... But all of them?

I think you're talking about the spread of the Native American Church, which is certainly not the only context that peyote has been used ritually by first nations'.

No, I'm talking about the spread of peyote itself.

Last edited:
I can't say if the mescaline you can find online is actually mescaline, but lots of other things are what the vendors claim they are, so why would mescaline be an exception?

A lot of reasons. It isn't mass produced like LSD or other research chemicals. It's kinda why you don't find many people selling mushrooms either - too much work and not enough profit.

Have you seen what DMT costs a gram? Mescaline is going to cost at least double that - probably more like 5 to 10 times. Most dealers arn't going to find many people willing to pay hundreds of bucks for a trip. They will find plenty willing to pay 2 bucks for some acid. That's the kind of price differential we're talking. You can ignore all the kids who say "Dude, I got me a grip of mescaline for 20 bucks".