• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Phenethylamines Why Mescaline Is Not Found On the Black Market

Isoquinolone deleriants are found in many psychedelic cacti, I have about 15 strains/species in dormancy right now. I wonder what mix I'll end up with.

You see in the end i find all of this goes back to some kind of purist mentality that exists within the whole "drug scene".
Purity is good when you are dealing with things like 2c's and rare tryptamines and amphetamines that don't occur in nature.
For example if you were dealing with a plant that had poisonous alkaloids in the attempt to isolate a single molecule. That i can also understand operating with a purist mentality.

Personally i have found the total alkaloid extraction of acacia waaaaaaaaay better than pure dmt. The nmt or one of the other alkaloids in it, gives it this ludicrously happy character.

I think when i get my cactus total alkaloid extract, i am going to do my best to convert it all into acetate and then just buckle in for a full alkaloid explosion with less nausea than eating it raw.
Then see as everything begins to dry if there is any discernible different in crystalline color pattern variations in my drying plate.

Whether you can feel any of the other alkaloids alongside something massively more powerful like DMT or mescaline is doubtful. It's like going for a swim in the ocean and saying "I can feel someones pissed in this".

I think its just supply and demand really the amount of effort and profit and how many people want
It just doesnt add up not when compaired to coke/crack or smack

Well, issy, acacias can have all kinds of alkaloids in varying amounts, and 5-MeO-DMT is often present. 5-MeO-DMT is up there on the list of alkaloids that have a definite effect, right? As for mescaline, a pretty significant number of alkaloids are present, and though I've not tried any purported synthetic mescaline myself, those who have report a preference for the full-spectrum alkaloid. There are all kinds of complex synergies that can arise, even when things aren't active in their own right; synthetic THC is apparently not a scratch on cannabis, many people prefer racemic meth/amp even though the levo isomers are essentially inactive centrally. I think Psychonautical's point about purity not necessarily being the best thing to hold as a virtue when talking about naturally occurring psychotropics is spot on.

I actually find extracting mescaline to be a more enjoyable and easier process than DMT, horses for courses. I can say that, for me, in the UK, I wouldn't part with mescaline I'd extracted for anything less than about an order of magnitude more than other psychedelics cost, and that even full spectrum cactus alkaloid extract would be too pricey for most.

Comparing cooking mescaline illicitly in the '60s and today is an apples/oranges deal. I bet Nick Sand had no trouble acquiring 3,4,5-trimethoxybenzaldehyde and glassware, try your luck with that today. This was an age when psilocybin and LSD could be ordered from Sandoz, and MDA from your local chemical supply house. Things have changed somewhat since then.

nick sand was producing synthesized mescaline in his BC "superlab" in the nineties.

There are all kinds of complex synergies that can arise, even when things aren't active in their own right.

How much of the difference in effects is down to the placebomine tho? Back when you could buy fresh mushrooms they were advertising different strains of cubensis with "Mexican is giggly but Thai is righteously mellow". That was supposed to be down to the varying concentrations of alkaloids. I think it was more down to basic marketing of how you sell the same product twice. I could never tell any difference.

Perhaps the peyote alkaloids have an effect alongside mescaline but I'd definately want to try it myself before I take anyones word for it. Psychedelics by their very nature offer vastly different effects each time you take them - whether the human brain is sensitive enough to go "Yep, there's a bit more of that alkaloid in it.." I'm not sure.

The cannabis thing is interesting tho - I'm more willing to accept people can tell differences in cannabis than different strains of cubensis. Perhaps it works on different areas of the brain?

I'm pretty sure our brains are like a molecular tuning fork.
They are zoned in on being able to spot subtle differences especially within neurocircuitry.

By that logic, if you ate a sub recreational dose of 7 different kinds of drugs, you wouldn't feel it?

I don't know how many different alkaloids are in the cactus and i think the idea is that they should be taken together to produce a synergy.
It was designed that way or else it would be extremely poisonous or absolutely maddening like datura but it's not.

I definately wouldn't take like
2mg 2c-c
2mg 2c-d
2mg 2c-e
2mg 2-p
2mg 2c-t-2
2mg 2c-t-7.

While they all stem from the same source, it just seems to me that the pharmodynamics of that many powerful compounds being consumed would produce a horrifyingly powerful effect.
Whereas the cactus is assured through the historical recordings of time, that you can eat alot of it and the chemicals won't kill you.

But 7 active drugs each taken above threshold dosage is one thing, 1 active drug at way above threshold dose with 6 inactive alkaloids at below threshold doses (if they even have a threshold dose) is another thing.

IMO opinoin it has alot to do with price. a gram of mesc can cost $100-$200, not much room for profit for dealers even if they COULD get it, when it costs that much. and the fact the dosage is so high its not economically viable for me at least at those prices.

^^

Yeah, you get some people who think "Oooh, it costs $200 a gram, you could make a fortune". But of course the problem is finding somebody willing to actually pay $200 a gram. Particularly with something like DMT which you extract for less or mescaline where you can simply eat a cactus.

Large-scale synthesis of mescaline is hard. Routes from common precursors take several steps and use difficult reactions; routes from uncommon precursors can't be scaled without a suitable acquisition infrastructure. Safrole is currently harvested by destroying the Cambodian rainforest; there is no Cambodian rainforest of trimethoxybenzenes. With little prospect for large-scale distribution, the drug simply doesn't appear on the market; the absence of mescaline betrays the degree to which drug distribution is controlled by the cartels.

Cacti are certainly "uncommon precursors".

^^

yeah, you get some people who think "oooh, it costs $200 a gram, you could make a fortune". But of course the problem is finding somebody willing to actually pay $200 a gram. Particularly with something like dmt which you extract for less or mescaline where you can simply eat a cactus.
qft.